Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial "I Voted" 2020 Thread

+19
Travis of the Cosmos
kingstonlake
steveschneider
Nordic
Frank Ricard
Cameron
DWags
Jake from State Farm
Watch Out Pylon!
gomersbro
WhiteBoyHatcher
Robert J Sakimano
InTenSity
Floyd Robertson
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
Rocinante
AvgMSUJoe
MiamiSpartan
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

tOfficial "I Voted" 2020 Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: tOfficial "I Voted" 2020 Thread

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-23, 12:53

Nordic wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:My ballot has been counted according to the Miami-Dade County Elections Department. tOfficial "I Voted" 2020 Thread - Page 2 55953254

More than 50 million people have already voted. 35m mail in, and 15m in person. That's 37% of the 2016 turnout already. Texas has had a whopping 71% of their 2016 turnout vote already. Different states report things differently, but here's a good resource on the information that is available around the country:

https://electproject.github.io/Early-Vote-2020G/index.html

I assume they are only allowed to report turnout and not results? I clicked on the link and couldn't tell in a quick scan.

Yeah, I assume that's the case. Some states break out the party affiliation, some break it out by age, and some don't show anything. But it is still just numbers who voted, not results. You can get an idea based on the party affiliations, but there are enough NPAs to flip it either way.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial "I Voted" 2020 Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: tOfficial "I Voted" 2020 Thread

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-10-23, 13:17

I too have voted. About 4 days after the ballot arrived and delivered it in person to the township clerk.

Never felt as serious about voting but I’ve never seen one political party set up as many barriers to vote and make concentrated efforts to undermine voting before either.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-31, 18:07

Right after the big win, got in the car and took the energy to the polls. Voted straight ticket Dem and all I can say is from day one of the race I couldn't wait to vote for Biden. For me it was the cherry on top of the sundae.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-11-01, 17:48

Three weeks?

tOfficial "I Voted" 2020 Thread - Page 2 8e431710
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-11-02, 10:09

Wife and kid are super nervous about going in to vote in person tomorrow. Fucking Twitter hysteria  Rolling Eyes.

I've been pretty steadfast on voting in person on election day. Kid's first presidential election being the main reason. I want her to see it live. Second is I don't fully trust the mail-in process. At least not as much voting live. Not because of any shenanigans, but more of simply introducing more potential failure modes. It is my engineer brain. What if I don't fill it out or sign it right? What if the mail truck flips over with my ballot? 

I could do the early in person. But just didn't look into. Plan A is live with my wife/kid. Maybe next time if it is more convenient. I am 100% not worried. 

1) Nothing is going to happen and I want to show twife/kid that. 

2) If there are wierdos from either side causing shit, I'm not going to be intimidated by them. 

Stand strong boys and girls. Everything will be fine. If not, I'll deal with it live.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-11-02, 10:21

Nordic wrote:Wife and kid are super nervous about going in to vote in person tomorrow. Fucking Twitter hysteria  Rolling Eyes.

I've been pretty steadfast on voting in person on election day. Kid's first presidential election being the main reason. I want her to see it live. Second is I don't fully trust the mail-in process. At least not as much voting live. Not because of any shenanigans, but more of simply introducing more potential failure modes. It is my engineer brain. What if I don't fill it out or sign it right? What if the mail truck flips over with my ballot? 

I could do the early in person. But just didn't look into. Plan A is live with my wife/kid. Maybe next time if it is more convenient. I am 100% not worried. 

2) If there are wierdos from either side causing shit, I'm not going to be intimidated by them. 

Stand strong boys and girls. Everything will be fine. If not, I'll deal with it live.

We were planning on going election day, it's in our town fire house and I love the experience. After the MSU win I had so much good energy I said f it and we took took the good vibes to the polls. There was no lines and it took like 5 minutes.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-11-02, 10:29

Nordic wrote:Wife and kid are super nervous about going in to vote in person tomorrow. Fucking Twitter hysteria  Rolling Eyes.

Your wife and kid shouldn't be worried if you go with them. They'll be with someone that will intimidate the intimidators. Not everyone has a Nordic bodyguard.

Besides, I tend to think that any incidents of assholes trying to intimidate voters will be in the precincts that are going to be 90% Dem. In the suburbs they could potentially scare away their own voters.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-11-02, 10:39

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Your wife and kid shouldn't be worried if you go with them. They'll be with someone that will intimidate the intimidators. Not everyone has a Nordic bodyguard.

Besides, I tend to think that any incidents of assholes trying to intimidate voters will be in the precincts that are going to be 90% Dem. In the suburbs they could potentially scare away their own voters.

There's no question I've seen some weirdos in my town out and about and with all the shootings these days I think it isn't a bad thing to be a little concerned. Nuts shut down the Tapanzee Bridge and a NJ Parkway...these are major f'n roads out here it would be like shutting down a major highway in Detroit. This is happening in NY and NJ where Trump will lose by 20+ points.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-11-02, 10:41

Did you see that on Twitter steve?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-11-02, 10:48

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Did you see that on Twitter steve?

It was a major local news item so it was covered every where. How was the pumpkin patch?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-11-02, 12:06

MiamiSpartan wrote:

You’re assuming a lot of strategic thinking from people who believe Q is a real government official here to bust up the wayfair child sex ring
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-11-02, 13:22

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Nordic wrote:

I assume they are only allowed to report turnout and not results? I clicked on the link and couldn't tell in a quick scan.

Yeah, I assume that's the case. Some states break out the party affiliation, some break it out by age, and some don't show anything. But it is still just numbers who voted, not results. You can get an idea based on the party affiliations, but there are enough NPAs to flip it either way.

FWIW, was watching 60 Minutes last night and they were interviewing one of the Arizona regulator people. He said they aren't allowed to release their absentee results until 1 hour after polls close. They didn't clarify if that was an Arizona or national thing.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-11-02, 13:30

MiamiSpartan wrote:

True. Though people that like to play tough are typically too chicken shit to do it outside their comfort base.

Not gonna lie, part of me wants someone there starting shit. Hold my spitter, Tilly Time!

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-11-03, 08:07

In line right now. Biggest turnout for my precinct I've even witnessed.

No fuckwits with guns to be seen.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, AvgMSUJoe and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-11-03, 08:22

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:In line right now. Biggest turnout for my precinct I've even witnessed.

Btw & fwiw, vote for biden, k?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-11-03, 08:24

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:In line right now. Biggest turnout for my precinct I've even witnessed.

Btw & fwiw, vote for biden, k?

And Peters (if in MI, fuck if I can remember).
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-11-03, 08:29

Thanks for the tip. Almost in the building at least.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-11-03, 08:30

How long did you wait? Planning on going at 10. tWife wanted to go at 7. I dont get up that early.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-11-03, 08:32

45 minutes so far. Still a ways to go. Can't really tell how much longer since I'm still outside.

Last edited by Watch Out Pylon! on 2020-11-03, 08:32; edited 1 time in total
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-11-03, 08:32

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Thanks for the tip. Almost in the building at least.

Vote for McCormack and Welch for Supreme Court. They're both endorsed by the dems.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-11-03, 08:33

The thing that sucks is my polling place is split into 2 precincts and my line is muuuuuuch longer.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-11-03, 08:39

Good thing work is cool with me being really fucking late.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-11-03, 08:43

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Good thing work is cool with me being really fucking late.
you work??

see.. there's your problem.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-11-03, 08:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Good thing work is cool with me being really fucking late.
you work??

see.. there's your problem.
That means he's probably a republican, amiright?

The rest of us are just looking for gubment cheese.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-11-03, 09:40

tOfficial "I Voted" 2020 Thread - Page 2 20201110

I waited 2 hours for this mother fucker.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, InTenSity, steveschneider and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-11-03, 09:49

Nice job Pylon. I hope you wrote in Joel Ferguson, Mitch Lyons and John Engler for MSU BOT like I did.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-11-03, 09:50

Nordic wrote:

How long did you wait? Planning on going at 10. tWife wanted to go at 7. I dont get up that early.

Oh Nordic... anecdotal evidence here, but my line was about twice as long as when I started at 7:45. Those poor bastards are looking at at least a three hour wait.

Last edited by Watch Out Pylon! on 2020-11-03, 09:52; edited 1 time in total
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-11-03, 09:51

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Nice job Pylon. I hope you wrote in Joel Ferguson, Mitch Lyons and John Engler for MSU BOT like I did.

And the g-host of George Perles.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-11-03, 10:02

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Oh Nordic... anecdotal evidence here, but my line was about twice as long as when I started at 7:45. Those poor bastards are looking at at least a three hour wait.

Son of a... Meh, all part of the process. Kid is gonna learn today! Rallying the troops now.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-11-03, 10:25

Nordic wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Son of a... Meh, all part of the process. Kid is gonna learn today! Rallying the troops now.

Who knows, maybe your line will be 5 minutes. tOfficial "I Voted" 2020 Thread - Page 2 2599972566
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-11-03, 10:37

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Who knows, maybe your line will be 5 minutes. tOfficial "I Voted" 2020 Thread - Page 2 2599972566

Did you vote in person in 2016 and does this seem like a bigger turn out?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-11-03, 11:04

steveschneider wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Did you vote in person in 2016 and does this seem like a bigger turn out?

Oh yeah. Bigger this year for sure, at least in my precinct.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-11-03, 11:46

I voted for Jorgensen
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-11-03, 11:53

Did Michigan have early in-person voting? If so, when did it start?

I heard so much about mail in ballots/drop off there, but don't recall seeing much, if anything, about lines for in person early voting.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-11-03, 12:23

MiamiSpartan wrote:Did Michigan have early in-person voting?  If so, when did it start?

I heard so much about mail in ballots/drop off there, but don't recall seeing much, if anything, about lines for in person early voting.

We did, but I didn't look into it. Might next time.

Simple and easy in my hood. Probably waited 20 minutes. Usually little to no wait. Of course timing is everything. I suspect it is like the gym, late morning/early afternoon are not crowded. Apparently there was a pretty big lineup at 6:30 waiting for it to open. I suspect the same late afternoon.

Voted for myself for Library Board. No one was listed. If you are up in the NOC, write in Nordic. tOfficial "I Voted" 2020 Thread - Page 2 55953254

Also voted Strayhorn for Education Board, pounded the desk on the way out.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-11-03, 12:52

That Library Board position better not take away from your thread starting duties.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-11-03, 13:14

Nordic wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:Did Michigan have early in-person voting?  If so, when did it start?

We did, but I didn't look into it. Might next time.

Same here. Will definitely do this next time. Two hours was a bit much.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-11-03, 13:23

Dropped my thing in a box today
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-11-03, 13:36

[tw]1323694859476230151[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2020-11-03, 13:38

The line at my polling station this morning.

tOfficial "I Voted" 2020 Thread - Page 2 Screen10

They said it was about an hour and a half wait (and the ballot here is simple - it took me less than 2 minutes).  In some ways it makes me happy, but it also makes me think WTF.  We are allowed to vote early by mail.  I sent in my ballot about a month ago, check online and made sure that it was received and accepted.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next