Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do we cure "trumpism"?

+14
steveschneider
Watch Out Pylon!
Travis of the Cosmos
MiamiSpartan
Cameron
Turtleneck
msugolfguy
InTenSity
Jake from State Farm
Nordic
Other Teams Pursuing That
GRR Spartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
AvgMSUJoe
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How do we cure "trumpism"? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do we cure "trumpism"?

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-11-07, 20:36

I'm confused.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-11-07, 20:40

Motown Spartan wrote:Courtesy of my neighbor:

This is for anyone who still considers themselves an American. We all need to stand up and support each other now more than ever. The left is mobilizing to try to exact retribution for what they view as the "wrongs" of we Americans. Let me just clear the air here, just because someone does not bow to your pathetically misplaced sense of importance and your even more pathetic views, you have no right to attempt to intimidate or otherwise impair real Americans into bowing to your pathetic views. There is this document called the Constitution that protects the rights of all Americans.

9/10 people who cite the importance of the Constitution have never read the Constitution. Your neighbor sounds like he thinks he's special when he is really just another poorly read Trump doltbot.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-11-07, 20:45

Turtleneck wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:Courtesy of my neighbor:

This is for anyone who still considers themselves an American. We all need to stand up and support each other now more than ever. The left is mobilizing to try to exact retribution for what they view as the "wrongs" of we Americans. Let me just clear the air here, just because someone does not bow to your pathetically misplaced sense of importance and your even more pathetic views, you have no right to attempt to intimidate or otherwise impair real Americans into bowing to your pathetic views. There is this document called the Constitution that protects the rights of all Americans.

9/10 people who cite the importance of the Constitution have never read the Constitution. Your neighbor sounds like he thinks he's special when he is really just another poorly read Trump doltbot.

But it’s okay because he has the solution...

How do we cure "trumpism"? - Page 2 70226d10
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-11-07, 21:00

Looked that guy up. He's a Turning Points dude. That's a bunch of young opportunists who leverage conservatism for personal gain. Since not many young people are all that conservative, it was an easy market to corner. They really capture the imagined Constitution and American history crowd. Poorly educated group who misunderstands and misrepresents history for personal gain. Plenty of progressive types do the same. All these types who can't think past their partisan walls, and just say whatever to serve their egos, are worthless.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-11-07, 21:05

Turtleneck wrote:Looked that guy up. He's a Turning Points dude. That's a bunch of young opportunists who leverage conservatism for personal gain. Since not many young people are all that conservative, it was an easy market to corner. They really capture the imagined Constitution and American history crowd. Poorly educated group who misunderstands and misrepresents history for personal gain. Plenty of progressive types do the same. All these types who can't think past their partisan walls, and just say whatever to serve their egos, are worthless.

“Break up big tech”

“Pass voter ID laws”

So they want more government? That’s ironic that they need the government to take some sort of action for them to get their way.

Also, THIS IS NOT WHAT THE MAJORITY WANTS!!!
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heathens '87 2020-11-07, 21:26

I'd counter....

- Government-funded elections. Take money, and corporate money, out of politics.

- Eliminate barriers to voter registration. Extend registration automatically to those with a driver's licence or state-issued ID.

- Allow same-day registration.

- Make voting more convenient with in-person early voting, no-excuse absentee voting, and vote-at-home.

- Restore voting rights to those formerly incarcerated.

- Make Election Day a national holiday.

People are also free to choose whatever sources of information they like in this fragmented media market. I'd promote restoring the Fairness Doctrine, eliminated by President Reagan, for any media outlet using any federal funds. As for Big Tech, I tend to believe they need to be regulated like a media outlet and not like a telephony provider where the platform is not responsible for content exchanged. So again, restore the Fairness Doctrine......

Heathens '87
Heathens '87
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-11-08, 10:12

Government funded elections would be huge, but I'd add some of the anti-corruption measures Warren proposed also be added... License lobbyists, make all lobbying public meetings, limit elected officials from being lobbyists for years...
If you take the financial incentive out for politicians, their incentive would be to make their constituents happy not rich guys.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Heathens '87 and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heathens '87 2020-11-08, 10:49

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Government funded elections would be huge, but I'd add some of the anti-corruption measures Warren proposed also be added... License lobbyists, make all lobbying public meetings, limit elected officials from being lobbyists for years...
If you take the financial incentive out for politicians, their incentive would be to make their constituents happy not rich guys.

100%. Politics should be service-oriented not financial-oriented. Trump, in my view, actually tapped into this frustration with DC quite effectively. Now while delivering that "swamp" message he actually just intended to do the same for himself, his family and his connections, but it would be worth ignoring the messenger to realize how dysfunctional American politics as become. And I think it's impossible not to ignore the role lobbying and financial incentives play. Heck, politicians spend most of their time raising funds for their next election instead of actually representing constituents.......
Heathens '87
Heathens '87
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2