Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hawkeye tailgate

+13
I.B. Fine
MattyFresh
Other Teams Pursuing That
Nordic
AvgMSUJoe
Dendrobates
MiamiSpartan
kingstonlake
steveschneider
Floyd Robertson
Turtleneck
tGreenWay
CORNER BLITZ
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hawkeye tailgate - Page 2 Empty Re: Hawkeye tailgate

Post by I.B. Fine 2020-11-07, 13:27

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Need to switch to the hard stuff
Know where I can get some meth?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

CORNER BLITZ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-11-07, 13:27

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Just the drinking and talking shit thread. Still hoping for one of you to start a halftime turnaround game thread...

8/13 for 36yd and 2INT... Yikes

Fuck it. Let's just stay at the tailgate.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That and Dendrobates like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-11-07, 13:28

Can I get an ABR
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-11-07, 13:30

Nordic wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:Just the drinking and talking shit thread. Still hoping for one of you to start a halftime turnaround game thread...

8/13 for 36yd and 2INT... Yikes

Fuck it. Let's just stay at the tailgate.

I don't think even your presence here now can make up a 35-0 deficit.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-11-07, 13:30

Guessing Rocky has a torn ACL. No knee stability on that INT. He was tapping his toes even before the throw.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-11-07, 13:38

If we don't see someone else at QB in the second half, I will be annoyed. It makes no sense to keep Rocky out there, he's clearly not 100%. This game is effectively over anyway, get the other guys some snaps.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-11-07, 13:47

Hey guys I just got home how’s it going
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-11-07, 13:51

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Hey guys I just got home how’s it going

Great, Trav. I suggest you start watching from the beginning so that you don't miss all the fun.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-11-07, 13:54

Nordic wrote:Guessing Rocky has a torn ACL. No knee stability on that INT. He was tapping his toes even before the throw.

Yeah, something looked really off on that 3rd down pass into the ground on the drive before, too.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-11-07, 13:59

No matter how bad we lose, today is a good day.

I’m all smiles
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-11-07, 14:01

Idk what you Bros are talking about - Rocky looks the same he has all year.. bad
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-11-07, 14:19

Just got back what in the hell happened?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-11-07, 14:21

There's not enough alcohol at this tailgate
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-11-07, 14:24

Our back up QBs must be really fucking bad.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-11-07, 14:26

steveschneider wrote:Just got back what in the hell happened?

You were gushing about Lombardi last week, that's what happened. The steve jinx is real.

Fucking steve.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, Turtleneck and CORNER BLITZ like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-11-07, 14:31

Cameron wrote:Our back up QBs must be really fucking bad.

This year doesn't even count.... Like.... Why not play anyone else
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-11-07, 14:50

I.B. Fine wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:Need to switch to the hard stuff
Know where I can get some meth?

Hawkeye tailgate - Page 2 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-11-07, 14:51

We better have a true freshman or a transfer starting at QB next year. If this coaching staff believes next year's QB is on the roster, it is dumb not to have him in there already.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and CORNER BLITZ like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-11-07, 15:06

So Rocky is still in, but we're not gonna try for a 4th and 5 around midfield? I don't understand what they're thinking, at this point.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-11-07, 15:11

Cameron wrote:So Rocky is still in, but we're not gonna try for a 4th and 5 around midfield? I don't understand what they're thinking, at this point.

Having +36.5 that was infuriating
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-11-07, 15:12

Get some reps in blowout or not
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-11-07, 15:25

2 outta 3 ain't bad.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-11-07, 15:38

We really learned a lot about Payton Thorne today. That one pass attempt in a game we trailed by four touchdowns for roughly half of, that's good stuff. Really useful for evaluating him.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That and CORNER BLITZ like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-11-07, 15:46

Don't get it
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-11-08, 07:17

I’ll take the blame weather was too nice yesterday. Perfect autumn day and was outdoors. I took comfort in Michigan getting their asses kicked and was disappointed in seeing Notre Dame win it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-11-08, 11:52

I think this year is going to be ripe with upsets. I bet even OSU loses 1 or 2 in the conference slate. This is not an excuse for yesterday but if all teams played their A game every week it would be a lot easier to handicap games, even in normal years. Teams get up for certain games and can't maintain that same level of intensity every single week. I believe we will see that happen even more this year than normal with the weird Covid year. If OSU lets their guard down against a team they come in thinking they should steamroll - maybe a Purdue, maybe even a Maryland - watch out.

What does that mean for MSU? I don't know. They probably don't have many games left on the schedule where the staff can get them sky high like they were last weekend. Maybe PSU. Maybe OSU.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-11-08, 12:30

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I think this year is going to be ripe with upsets. I bet even OSU loses 1 or 2 in the conference slate. This is not an excuse for yesterday but if all teams played their A game every week it would be a lot easier to handicap games, even in normal years. Teams get up for certain games and can't maintain that same level of intensity every single week. I believe we will see that happen even more this year than normal with the weird Covid year. If OSU lets their guard down against a team they come in thinking they should steamroll - maybe a Purdue, maybe even a Maryland - watch out.

What does that mean for MSU? I don't know. They probably don't have many games left on the schedule where the staff can get them sky high like they were last weekend. Maybe PSU. Maybe OSU.

It didn't feel like they were playing out of their minds last week, though. Just a clean, tough, game. Or maybe that is us playing up some levels to do that. But yesterday, early on, we didn't "find the inches" and then things snowballed. An INT on a 3rd down broken play (which effectively wasn't any different than if we punted and it bounced into the end zone, but may have had a psychological effect after Rutgers TO issues). Then coming up a yard short on 3rd down (the TE). A dropped pass on 3rd down (Nailor). Another INT mixed in there. A couple good punt returns (before the TD return). Thay was all 1st quarter or early 2nd quarter before things got really out of hand.

So far, I'm reminded of the Saban years...the first four Saban years, not 99. Remarkably inconsistent. Can rise up and surprise you one week, then look like shit the next week.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-11-08, 14:23

MiamiSpartan wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I think this year is going to be ripe with upsets. I bet even OSU loses 1 or 2 in the conference slate. This is not an excuse for yesterday but if all teams played their A game every week it would be a lot easier to handicap games, even in normal years. Teams get up for certain games and can't maintain that same level of intensity every single week. I believe we will see that happen even more this year than normal with the weird Covid year. If OSU lets their guard down against a team they come in thinking they should steamroll - maybe a Purdue, maybe even a Maryland - watch out.

It didn't feel like they were playing out of their minds last week, though. Just a clean, tough, game. Or maybe that is us playing up some levels to do that. But yesterday, early on, we didn't "find the inches" and then things snowballed. An INT on a 3rd down broken play (which effectively wasn't any different than if we punted and it bounced into the end zone, but may have had a psychological effect after Rutgers TO issues). Then coming up a yard short on 3rd down (the TE). A dropped pass on 3rd down (Nailor). Another INT mixed in there. A couple good punt returns (before the TD return). Thay was all 1st quarter or early 2nd quarter before things got really out of hand.

So far, I'm reminded of the Saban years...the first four Saban years, not 99. Remarkably inconsistent. Can rise up and surprise you one week, then look like shit the next week.
So what you are saying is that Mel Tucker is gonna be the next head coach at Bama after Saban retires?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-11-08, 14:28

MiamiSpartan wrote:

I think we were definitely playing "up" last week. Everything I read said that was the hardest those kids have practiced in years. Combine that with us kidding to Rutgers and M's omnipresent arrogance - not only believing that they were on another level from MSU but having the Rutgers result to prove it... And we were up and they were down.

This week we were unable to sustain that same level of intensity. Iowa came in up, desperate for a win at 0-2. With mediocre talent that's a recipe for disaster for us. To take this a step further, I suspect next week against IU the script will be flipped a bit.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-11-08, 15:02

InTenSity wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

So what you are saying is that Mel Tucker is gonna be the next head coach at Bama after Saban retires?

No, of course not. He will be LSU coach first, then suck with the Dolphins for a year, then promise emphatically that he won't be head coach of Alabama, and THEN take the Alabama job.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2