Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meijer is limiting sales of booze over the holidays

+12
Other Teams Pursuing That
The Pantry
MSU addict
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
AvgMSUJoe
InTenSity
Turtleneck
Floyd Robertson
GRR Spartan
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Meijer is limiting sales of booze over the holidays Empty Meijer is limiting sales of booze over the holidays

Post by tGreenWay 2020-11-24, 02:42

Alcohol only. You can only buy two bottles each of the same label. They want to make sure everyone has a chance to get liquored up on their favorite brands.
Doesn’t include beer, wine, or gift sets.

https://www.wlns.com/news/meijer-puts-limits-on-some-alcohol-sales-for-the-holidays/amp/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Meijer is limiting sales of booze over the holidays Empty Re: Meijer is limiting sales of booze over the holidays

Post by kingstonlake 2020-11-24, 05:37

So I can still buy as much Schmitts Gay as I want?

Last edited by kingstonlake on 2020-11-24, 08:03; edited 1 time in total
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Meijer is limiting sales of booze over the holidays Empty Re: Meijer is limiting sales of booze over the holidays

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-11-24, 07:07

I suspect there are still issues with the state’s largest distributors
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-11-24, 07:12

kingstonlake wrote:So I cancelled still buy as much Schmitts Gay as I want?

I always pictured you as more of a Zima guy.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-11-24, 08:53

I hope OTPT and Wake can get all the White Claw they need. Thoughts and prayers.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-11-24, 09:18

Turtleneck wrote:I hope OTPT and Wake can get all the White Claw they need. Thoughts and prayers.
OTPT isn't subject to MI laws. Wake can get all the White Claw he needs, that isn't a liquor.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-11-24, 09:39

Im thinking of trash canning my house... We have so many damn half filled bottles... Just to get them out of here.

TANKEDSgiving.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-11-24, 10:10

InTenSity wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:I hope OTPT and Wake can get all the White Claw they need. Thoughts and prayers.
OTPT isn't subject to MI laws. Wake can get all the White Claw he needs, that isn't a liquor.

This is just a Meijer thing, not a state law.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-11-24, 10:19

OTPT is subject to that law of tSwill above all. We all are. Are you suggesting there is a higher form of authority?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-11-24, 10:56

If only there were other places people could buy liquor.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-11-24, 10:57

If you're not already stocked up you're fucking up.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-11-24, 11:01

Robert J Sakimano wrote:If only there were other places people could buy liquor.

Bob is from NC so he probably has a still in his garage.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-11-24, 11:04

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:If only there were other places people could buy liquor.

AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-11-24, 11:11

Turtleneck wrote:

Meijer is limiting sales of booze over the holidays Ed235810
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-11-24, 11:12

hey, now.. don't make me come over there.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-11-24, 11:25

All I can say is don't go to the Meijer on 26 mile in Washington Twp. There's a big knock down drag out on NextDoor about how there were only four full-service checkouts yesterday during one of the busiest weeks of the year.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-11-24, 11:54

Floyd Robertson wrote:All I can say is don't go to the Meijer on 26 mile in Washington Twp. There's a big knock down drag out on NextDoor about how there were only four full-service checkouts yesterday during one of the busiest weeks of the year.

I will be sure to avoid it while I’m at the much superior Wegmans.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-11-24, 12:05

Turtleneck wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:All I can say is don't go to the Meijer on 26 mile in Washington Twp. There's a big knock down drag out on NextDoor about how there were only four full-service checkouts yesterday during one of the busiest weeks of the year.

I wish we had a Wegmans so I could try it. Or an A&P, even a Farmer Jack. Especially if they're grocery stores that don't sell lawn furniture and underware.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2020-11-24, 12:12

Wegmans is overrated.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2020-11-24, 12:16

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I wish we had a Wegmans so I could try it. Or an A&P, even a Farmer Jack. Especially if they're grocery stores that don't sell lawn furniture and underware.
Hopefully you know that both A&P and Farmer Jack are no longer is business.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2020-11-24, 12:29

Most states don't allow grocery stores to sell liquor.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-11-24, 12:31

MSU addict wrote:Most states don't allow grocery stores to sell liquor.
in North Carolina, liquor is bought only at a government store. ABC store employees are state workers.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-11-24, 12:33

MSU addict wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I do. Mentioning them was my way of wishing for a simpler time, when grocery stores were grocery stores and not hypermarkets.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-11-24, 13:00

Floyd Robertson wrote:
MSU addict wrote:

I do. Mentioning them was my way of wishing for a simpler time, when grocery stores were grocery stores and not hypermarkets.
There's always Nino's and Randazzo's
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-11-24, 13:02

White claws are for the summer turtlebro
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-11-24, 13:09

when not drinking an Old Style, a Stroh's, a PBR, a Hamm's, etc., or not sippin' Jim Beam, a pineapple Truly with a hefty shot of tequila is pretty nice.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2020-11-24, 13:09

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MSU addict wrote:Most states don't allow grocery stores to sell liquor.
in North Carolina, liquor is bought only at a government store. ABC store employees are state workers.
Pennsylvania is like that.  Pennsylvania has among the most fucked up liquor laws in the country.  You cannot buy alcohol, beer or wine at a grocery store.  State stores sell liquor and wine but not beer.  Packaged beer can be purchased from a bar or restaurant, but the limit is 192 ounces.  

You can buy small quantities of beer and wine from bars, so some major grocery stores have a bar inside so they can sell beer and wine (and you have to go to the bar area to buy the beer or wine, you cannot purchase it in the grocery area of the store). 

It is just weird.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-11-24, 13:14

MSU addict wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Pennsylvania is like that.  Pennsylvania has among the most fucked up liquor laws in the country.  You cannot buy alcohol, beer or wine at a grocery store.  State stores sell liquor and wine but not beer.  Packaged beer can be purchased from a bar or restaurant, but the limit is 192 ounces.  

You can buy small quantities of beer and wine from bars, so some major grocery stores have a bar inside so they can sell beer and wine (and you have to go to the bar area to buy the beer or wine, you cannot purchase it in the grocery area of the store). 

It is just weird.
sounds complicated.

as far as I know, in NC you can only buy liquor at the ABC stores. Wine, beer, etc., can be bought at grocery stores, convenience stores, etc.

in the town I grew up in, alcohol sales were forbidden on Sunday until a handful of years ago. Also, 'liquor by the drink' wasn't a thing in bars or restaurants. Beer and wine were okay, but no liquor.

oddly enough, some establishments allowed you to "brown bag" it, meaning you could bring a bottle of Jack Daniels into the restaurant, order a Coke and mix up your own Jack and Coke. It was totally legal.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-11-24, 13:15

Is it 3.2 beer though?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2020-11-24, 13:37

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Is it 3.2 beer though?
Minnesota is the last and only 3.2 state.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2020-11-24, 13:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MSU addict wrote:

It is just weird.
sounds complicated.

as far as I know, in NC you can only buy liquor at the ABC stores. Wine, beer, etc., can be bought at grocery stores, convenience stores, etc.

in the town I grew up in, alcohol sales were forbidden on Sunday until a handful of years ago. Also, 'liquor by the drink' wasn't a thing in bars or restaurants. Beer and wine were okay, but no liquor.

oddly enough, some establishments allowed you to "brown bag" it, meaning you could bring a bottle of Jack Daniels into the restaurant, order a Coke and mix up your own Jack and Coke. It was totally legal.
I live in Upper Delaware (don't call it Northern) within walking distance of PA.  For some perspective there are 3 Walmart's with a grocery store in PA, 2 in MD and 1 in NJ that are closer to my house than the closest one in DE.  There are no Wegmans in DE, but there are ones fairly close in PA and MD.  I routinely shop for groceries in both PA and MD (at least pre COVID) so I have to know the liquor laws in 3+ states (I do try to avoid NJ when I can).
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-11-24, 14:00

Hi MSU addict when I look at northern Delaware on the google maps it has two tiny sections that are on the NJ side of the Delaware river that it says are part of Delaware. Are they in fact part of Delaware? If so, why? Was there a war over it between nj and Delaware? Are people still bitter over it?

Meijer is limiting sales of booze over the holidays 2fc73810
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-11-24, 14:08

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:White claws are for the summer turtlebro

White Claws and Kid Rock?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-11-24, 14:09

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Hi MSU addict when I look at northern Delaware on the google maps it has two tiny sections that are on the NJ side of the Delaware river that it says are part of Delaware. Are they in fact part of Delaware? If so, why? Was there a war over it between nj and Delaware? Are people still bitter over it?

Meijer is limiting sales of booze over the holidays 2fc73810

Where does up north Delaware begin?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-11-24, 14:10

Bear
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-11-24, 14:13

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Bear

Only a complete idiot would say anything south of Woodshade, and Woodshade isn't up north if you ask me.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2020-11-24, 14:13

Yes, they are part of Delaware.  It has to do with the 12 mile circle that defines our upper border.  This explains it better that I could hope to:

The war of New Jersey aggression

Delaware is so small we will take whatever land we can get - even if it is in New Jersey.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-11-24, 14:24

Fucking New Jersey slobs
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-11-24, 14:26

Next summer I’ll be vacationing in Upper Carolina. We’ll drive through Upper Virginia to get there.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-11-24, 14:29

MSU addict wrote:Yes, they are part of Delaware.  It has to do with the 12 mile circle that defines our upper border.  This explains it better that I could hope to:

The war of New Jersey aggression

Delaware is so small we will take whatever land we can get - even if it is in New Jersey.

First time I met my wife’s parents, our drive to dinner took maybe half an hour and in that time, we crossed into Massachusetts, then Rhode Island, then Mass again, then little Rhodey again, and repeated that process another couple of times....all while driving in a straight line.

Then northeast is weird.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next