Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone ever buy a lobster from meijer?

+9
xsanguine
WhiteBoyHatcher
Jake from State Farm
Cym Jim
SeeRockCity
The Pantry
NigelUno
InTenSity
Ass Dan
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Anyone ever buy a lobster from meijer? Empty Anyone ever buy a lobster from meijer?

Post by Ass Dan 2015-03-01, 12:21

Just jonesing for a lobster roll and I would rather make one than drive to a restaurant and spend $30 or whatever.

It seems like a fine idea to buy a lobster from meijer but I don't really trust that place to be a fine purveyor of crustaceans.

Pantry, got any input?
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Anyone ever buy a lobster from meijer? Empty Re: Anyone ever buy a lobster from meijer?

Post by InTenSity 2015-03-01, 12:29

I'd think it's ok. I've starting buying tuna for sushi at publix. I make sure it's still the dark purple color, or I skip it. Lobster is lobster unless it's imitation, I'd think.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Anyone ever buy a lobster from meijer? Empty Re: Anyone ever buy a lobster from meijer?

Post by NigelUno 2015-03-01, 12:32

Ass Dan wrote:Just jonesing for a lobster roll and I would rather make one than drive to a restaurant and spend $30 or whatever.

It seems like a fine idea to buy a lobster from meijer but I don't really trust that place to be a fine purveyor of crustaceans.

Pantry, got any input?

$30 for a lobster roll? You mean the sandwich?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-03-01, 12:39

NigelUno wrote:

$30 for a lobster roll? You mean the sandwich?

I just saw Lily's seafood in royal oak is seeking a lobster roll for restaurant week for $25. You get a salad and a dessert I guess but after tip it comes out to a $30 meal. I paid $16 at mudgies in corktown last summer, that seemed steep but it was delicious.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-03-01, 13:08

Ass Dan wrote:

I just saw Lily's seafood in royal oak is seeking a lobster roll for restaurant week for $25. You get a salad and a dessert I guess but after tip it comes out to a $30 meal. I paid $16 at mudgies in corktown last summer, that seemed steep but it was delicious.

It's March. You eat lobster rolls in the summer. Stop being a gastro-tourist.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-03-01, 13:16

Ass Dan wrote:Just jonesing for a lobster roll and I would rather make one than drive to a restaurant and spend $30 or whatever.

Pantry, got any input?
Saw whole cooked lobster at Kroger yesterday. Thought about buying one but changed my mind, not knowing how long they had been sitting there. If cooked lobster sits too long the meat gets mushy. Best to buy them live. Store doesn't make a difference. Meijer, Kroger, Nino Salvaggio, Whole Foods, Holiday Market, Papa Joes, etc probably all get their live lobsters from the same distributors.

Now you got me jonesing for a lobster roll. Might hit Superior Fish in Royal Oak this week

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-03-01, 13:21

NigelUno wrote:

I was in Maine last summer to pick up a bike and stopped to sample a couple Lobster rolls, I was unimpressed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-03-01, 13:28

The Pantry wrote:Saw whole cooked lobster at Kroger yesterday. Thought about buying one but changed my mind, not knowing how long they had been sitting there. If cooked lobster sits too long the meat gets mushy. Best to buy them live. Store doesn't make a difference. Meijer, Kroger, Nino Salvaggio, Whole Foods, Holiday Market, Papa Joes, etc probably all get their live lobsters from the same distributors.

Now you got me jonesing for a lobster roll. Might hit Superior Fish in Royal Oak this week

I don't think Whole Foods sells live lobsters anymore. They think it's mean.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-03-01, 13:29

NigelUno wrote:

Lick my asshole.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-03-01, 13:44

LooseGoose wrote:

I was in Maine last summer to pick up a bike and stopped to sample a couple Lobster rolls, I was unimpressed.
Camped at Acadia National Park years back. The abundance and cheapness of lobster and other seafood in Bar Harbor was amazing. Didn't buy a lobster roll the entire 6 days we were there because there were so many other options.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-03-01, 13:59

When tWife used to travel a little. Her out of town trips were the bat signal for me to head to Kroger and buy 2 or three of those live lobsters they used to sell. I'd throw those little fuckers in boiling water with authority along with some kielbasa, corn, and potatoes and watch movies that I brought home from Blockbuster.

Scream little lobsters, scream.

Wash it all down with some Budweiser (was before the craft beer revolution) and a couple of strong Dominican cigars.

Good times.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-03-01, 14:16

The Pantry wrote:Camped at Acadia National Park years back. The abundance and cheapness of lobster and other seafood in Bar Harbor was amazing. Didn't buy a lobster roll the entire 6 days we were there because there were so many other options.

I should have done the same. I'd heard such great things about the lobster rolls made with such fresh lobster, etc, etc. Probably had raised the expectations too much.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2015-03-01, 14:44

The Pantry wrote:
Camped at Acadia National Park years back.  The abundance and cheapness of lobster and other seafood in Bar Harbor was amazing.  Didn't buy a lobster roll the entire 6 days we were there because there were so many other options.  
Beautiful out there. Had a lobster bake at Jackson Labs in Bar Harbor once and I managed to polish off four whole lobsters. Given their accent, I always thought Bar Harbor was an awfully cruel name for the town though.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2015-03-01, 15:57

I bought a couple frozen lobster tails at Kroger a couple of months ago. They were small but good. Went to some restaurant in Boston that's famous for their lobster rolls. I've probably ruined myself forever by eating one of them.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-03-01, 16:02

Jake from State Farm wrote:I bought a couple frozen lobster tails at Kroger a couple of months ago. They were small but good.

I buy these all the time. With a Kroger card they're like $9 per package of 2. I grill them and baste in butter.

Fuck that lobster roll shit. #whitesaucefreeliving
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-03-01, 16:43

Cym Jim wrote:
Beautiful out there. Had a lobster bake at Jackson Labs in Bar Harbor once and I managed to polish off four whole lobsters. Given their accent, I always thought Bar Harbor was an awfully cruel name for the town though.
Loved Acadia. Hope to go back some day. Town is kinda touristy but 100x better than Mackinaw City in the summer months
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-03-01, 17:09

I've bought plenty from there. They're just fine. If you're jonesing for some, get some homie
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-03-01, 17:13

Put Doritos on the lobster.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-03-01, 21:16

I always sever the lobsters brainstem prior to throwing them in the water. I just can't do it.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2015-03-01, 21:27

pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-03-01, 22:06

Turtleneck wrote:Put Doritos on the lobster.

That shit is vile. There are good things on the menu but nothing can mitigate what hopcat does to their trash fish
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-03-01, 22:08

xsanguine wrote:I've bought plenty from there. They're just fine. If you're jonesing for some, get some homie

My man. Thank you.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-03-01, 22:21

Ass Dan wrote:

My man. Thank you.

You two are murderers.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-03-01, 23:11

Turtleneck wrote:

You two are murderers.

It's kill or be killed.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-03-01, 23:14

Why would anyone buy a whole lobster when you could just buy lobster tails? Serious question. Edumacate me. I hate working for crab/lobster meat, as delicious as it is. The tail meat is so easy (and delicious).
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-03-01, 23:24

xsanguine wrote:

It's kill or be killed.

I too am scared that one day lobsters will rule the world
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-03-02, 00:21

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Why would anyone buy a whole lobster when you could just buy lobster tails? Serious question. Edumacate me. I hate working for crab/lobster meat, as delicious as it is. The tail meat is so easy (and delicious).

Some of the best meat in a lobster is in the little baby legs. You have to work for it but it's delicious. I also want to use claw meat in my lobster rolls.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-03-02, 00:26

I love crustaceans. No way could I ever be Jewish, Muslim or orthodox Christian.

That's the only reason why.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2015-03-02, 00:53

NigelUno wrote:

I don't think Whole Foods sells live lobsters anymore. They think it's mean.

Isn't it, though?

I mean, say what you will about a steak, but at least they put a piston through the cow's head before they cook it up. Dropping a lobster into boiling water is kind of ****ed.

But I suppose I'm biased, I'm a vegetarian...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2015-03-02, 00:56

Cameron wrote:

Isn't it, though?

I mean, say what you will about a steak, but at least they put a piston through the cow's head before they cook it up. Dropping a lobster into boiling water is kind of ****ed.

God fucking dammit, un-star "****ed," you fucking idiot. What the fuck? What is the point?

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-03-02, 01:06

Cameron wrote: I'm a vegetarian...
Sorry to hear...
...you poor dumb bastard.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-03-02, 01:11

Cameron wrote:

Isn't it, though?

I'm a fucking carnivore and that part still bothers me. I feel ya on that. The screaming certainly conjures up something inside of me (besides hunger).
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-03-02, 01:12

xsanguine wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Isn't it, though?

I'm a fucking carnivore and that part still bothers me. I feel ya on that. The screaming certainly conjures up something inside of me (besides hunger).

All I hear is "Eeeeeeaaaaaattttttt Mmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeee"

P.S. - Here is a woman telling you how to humanely kill a lobster

Last edited by SeeRockCity on 2015-03-02, 01:17; edited 1 time in total
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-03-02, 01:15

SeeRockCity wrote:

I love animals, though... even the ones I wanna eat. If I'm going to kill it I want to kill it as quick as possible with as little amount of pain as possible.

I also hate factory farming and shit like that, so... meh, I'm too much of a softy.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-03-02, 01:17

xsanguine wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:

I love animals, though... even the ones I wanna eat. If I'm going to kill it I want to kill it as quick as possible with as little amount of pain as possible.

I also hate factory farming and shit like that, so... meh, I'm too much of a softy.

I updated my previous post with a video that shows you how to humanely kill a lobster.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-03-02, 01:20

SeeRockCity wrote:

I updated my previous post with a video that shows you how to humanely kill a lobster.

You da man. Seriously...

I'll give it a shot.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-03-02, 01:21

SeeRockCity wrote:

P.S. - Here is a woman telling you how to humanely kill a lobster

In
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2015-03-02, 01:23

The Pantry wrote:Sorry to hear...
...you poor dumb bastard.

I've made my choice, and I feel damn good about it.

I ate as many animals as I could for the first 20 odd years of my life. Far be it for me to judge anyone for conforming to the natural way of things.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-03-02, 01:41

I admire vegetarian/vegans and don't disagree with their principles. Like I said, I love animals but I don't have any problem with killing one for food as I feel it's completely natural to do so. It's just as natural in my view to not eat meat, also.

But I do think animals should be treated well regardless if they're only being raised for consumption. Not just because it's the non-dick thing to do but when the animal isn't stressed out and releasing toxins into the bloodstream from being stressed out the meat tastes better. For example; Halal... the religious stuff is pointless to me, but if you don't mind gore watch a halal butchering... the animal is very, very calm and it's death is quick. And that meat is always really tender and flavorful... which has a lot to do with its diet, too, obviously.

If I had it my way I'd only eat wild game, in terms of meat. That's what my father does. Maybe someday.

Last edited by xsanguine on 2015-03-02, 01:48; edited 1 time in total
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-03-02, 01:46

The Pantry wrote:
In

I know right? At least 3 lbs, and the claws are magnificent.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next