Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please put your REALISTIC choices of the lions new head coach here.

+11
tGreenWay
Cameron
CORNER BLITZ
WhiteBoyHatcher
kingstonlake
aualum06
Floyd Robertson
The Pantry
Motown Spartan
steveschneider
DWags
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Please put your REALISTIC choices of the lions new head coach here.  Empty Please put your REALISTIC choices of the lions new head coach here.

Post by DWags 2020-11-28, 14:58

Urban and Jim Harbaugh aren’t coming.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Please put your REALISTIC choices of the lions new head coach here.  Empty Re: Please put your REALISTIC choices of the lions new head coach here.

Post by steveschneider 2020-11-28, 15:01

Probably just some other snake oil salesman that's no good that can fleece the Fords out of money.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Please put your REALISTIC choices of the lions new head coach here.  Empty Re: Please put your REALISTIC choices of the lions new head coach here.

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-11-28, 15:04

Eric “Sleeping With” Bieniemy
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-11-28, 15:06

Motown Spartan wrote:Eric “Sleeping With” Bieniemy

I like him too much, hoping he gets a better job.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-11-28, 15:11

I'd go with Saleh but he's probably too smart to come here.

Possible candidates, except Schwartz
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-11-28, 15:11

Brett Bielema
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2020-11-28, 15:12

Matt Leflour
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-11-28, 15:12

Doesn't really matter. He'll fail.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Other Teams Pursuing That and CORNER BLITZ like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-11-28, 15:14

I believe Saleh would take the job. The ties to the community in Dearborn are very very strong. Too bad, I'd like something better for him.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2020-11-28, 15:17

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I believe Saleh would take the job. The ties to the community in Dearborn are very very strong. Too bad, I'd like something better for him.

He trashed the job and franchise pretty bad last year
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-11-28, 15:18

aualum06 wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I believe Saleh would take the job. The ties to the community in Dearborn are very very strong. Too bad, I'd like something better for him.

Really? I don’t recall that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-11-28, 15:25

Harbs would be hilarious
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2020-11-28, 15:26

DWags wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Really? I don’t recall that.

Yeah during super bowl week I believe
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-11-28, 15:31

No he didn't.

https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/robert-saleh-says-detroit-lions-fans-and-media-should-be-more-supportive
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-11-28, 16:35

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Harbs would be hilarious
This is all I want for Christmas.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-11-28, 16:36

kingstonlake wrote:Doesn't really matter. He'll fail.

Someone I know said the Lions should go ahead and fire the new guys right now, once they figure out who they are. Please put your REALISTIC choices of the lions new head coach here.  502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-11-28, 16:37

Harbz
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-11-28, 16:38

tGreenWay wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Doesn't really matter. He'll fail.

Someone I know said the Lions should go ahead and fire the new guys right now, once they figure out who they are. Please put your REALISTIC choices of the lions new head coach here.  502811600

Jeff is that you?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-11-28, 16:40

Motown Spartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Jeff is that you?

Seems we have a mutual friend.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-11-28, 16:56

Floyd Robertson wrote:Brett Bielema

Perfect.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-11-28, 17:22

Whoever they hire has a franchise changing player in Tua Okudah
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-11-28, 17:28

kingstonlake wrote:Whoever they hire has a franchise changing player in Tua Okudah

I see Barry Sanders in those solar power commercials. He looks good. Maybe talk him and Calvin Johnson into coming back. Maybe get Charlie Sanders back at TE and Spielman back at LB. hell is Wayne Fontes still alive?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-11-28, 17:33

Am I mistaken or was "cocaine Wayne" the best coach the Lions have had since the Fords bought the team?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-11-28, 17:34

DWags wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Whoever they hire has a franchise changing player in Tua Okudah

I see Barry Sanders in those solar power commercials. He looks good. Maybe talk him and Calvin Johnson into coming back. Maybe get Charlie Sanders back at TE and Spielman back at LB. hell is Wayne Fontes still alive?

Herman Moore said that Spielman should be GM. Why not?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-11-28, 19:57

Floyd Robertson wrote:
DWags wrote:

Herman Moore said that Spielman should be GM. Why not?

First thought is it seems like another Matt Millen move. No front office experience.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-11-28, 20:00

Almost every article about potential coaches mentions harbaugh so I’m not sure why we’re throwing him out as unrealistic

Probably Salah though it just makes sense plus I’ll misspell his name on purpose every time
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-11-28, 20:31

Newt rockney
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-11-28, 20:59

So, two names that will come up are Bienemy and Saleh. Taking into account the playoffs, the Lions will have to wait a long while before being allowed to speak with them, correct?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2020-11-28, 22:10

tGreenWay wrote:So, two names that will come up are Bienemy and Saleh. Taking into account the playoffs, the Lions will have to wait a long while before being allowed to speak with them, correct?

Niners aren't going
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-11-28, 22:38

We will welcome you back Roary
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-11-28, 22:40

No chance. Cursed loser franchise. I'm over being emotionally invested in hometown pro sports. Lame. Bunch of free agents. Fun to bet on. Might root for the tigers if they ever get decent because there are no other sports in the summer.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-11-28, 22:45

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:No chance. Cursed loser franchise. I'm over being emotionally invested in hometown pro sports. Lame. Bunch of free agents. Fun to bet on. Might root for the tigers if they ever get decent because there are no other sports in the summer.
It is what it is pro sports are like the pros themselves, just business... Totally different then college.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-11-28, 22:51

Maybe they can hire Mark Dantonio.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-11-28, 22:55

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:No chance. Cursed loser franchise. I'm over being emotionally invested in hometown pro sports. Lame. Bunch of free agents. Fun to bet on. Might root for the tigers if they ever get decent because there are no other sports in the summer.
It is what it is pro sports are like the pros themselves, just business... Totally different then college.

Please put your REALISTIC choices of the lions new head coach here.  4113017228 hatch still emotionally invested

Please put your REALISTIC choices of the lions new head coach here.  4113017228 Please put your REALISTIC choices of the lions new head coach here.  4113017228 Super Bowl 2022
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-11-28, 22:58

Here is the right answer.

Stop worrying about who the HC should be. It's an ass backwards exercise. Worry about who the GM should be. Rod Wood or whoever needs to identify the right person to be the GM, make that hire, and allow them to select and hire the HC. Anything other than that and you are forcing a square peg into a triangle hole. If the GM identifies Saleh or Harbs or whoever as his guy, that's great. But to use yet another Wags analogy, speculating about the HC right now is putting the stagecoach before the oxen and the oxen probably has mad cow disease anyway.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-11-28, 23:04

I’m gonna be honest wbh I sorta don’t think it matters who I worry will be either job tbh.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-11-28, 23:13

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I’m gonna be honest wbh I sorta don’t think it matters who I worry will be either job tbh.

Superbowl?

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-11-29, 00:42

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I’m gonna be honest wbh I sorta don’t think it matters who I worry will be either job tbh.

No doi Trav. Just saying hold y'all horses. If they hire a HC before a GM it's even more doomed for failure than just b/c it's the Lions. The NFL is so niche it's absurd. Ohhhhhh my GM doesn't like read option but my HC does. My QB is a guy who can't play under center but my HC wants to run power. Everyone is doomed for failure. These guys should take a cue from Ted Lasso - simmah your ego down and adjust to what you've got.

Worst case scenario for you knuckleheads - they anoint some inexperienced schlub like Harbaugh HC AND GM.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-11-29, 20:38

Be nice if the Lions traded for Tom Brady and made him player-coach-GM. It would be the fastest way for fans like me to switch from amusement of the organization to abject hate.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-11-29, 20:45

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

No doi Trav. Just saying hold y'all horses. If they hire a HC before a GM it's even more doomed for failure than just b/c it's the Lions. The NFL is so niche it's absurd. Ohhhhhh my GM doesn't like read option but my HC does. My QB is a guy who can't play under center but my HC wants to run power. Everyone is doomed for failure. These guys should take a cue from Ted Lasso - simmah your ego down and adjust to what you've got.

Worst case scenario for you knuckleheads - they anoint some inexperienced schlub like Harbaugh HC AND GM.

Bill parcels said it best: if you’re gonna have me as a chef you need to let me choose my ingredients
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next