Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Return to Normalcy Day!

+14
steveschneider
Heat Miser
Dendrobates
duffy munn
MSU addict
MiamiSpartan
tGreenWay
GRR Spartan
Floyd Robertson
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
InTenSity
Motown Spartan
Watch Out Pylon!
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Happy Return to Normalcy Day! - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Return to Normalcy Day!

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2021-01-21, 10:41

steveschneider wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

/remindme in 100 days to see how the pandemic is going.

Clock's started. Let's go.

I saw that Apple is adding a function to the phone that will alert you if you've come into contact with someone that is infected. I also believe that Biden will increase the amount of testing and make it easier to get rapid tested (I hope). I think this is pretty much what Taiwan is doing. Test the fuck out of people, get alerts from your iphone if you've come into contact with someone that has had it and if you are sick isolate.

What? How the fuck is an iphone supposed to recognize someone who is infected. Gonna need a link on this one dawg.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2021-01-21, 10:43

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I saw that Apple is adding a function to the phone that will alert you if you've come into contact with someone that is infected. I also believe that Biden will increase the amount of testing and make it easier to get rapid tested (I hope). I think this is pretty much what Taiwan is doing. Test the fuck out of people, get alerts from your iphone if you've come into contact with someone that has had it and if you are sick isolate.

What? How the fuck is an iphone supposed to recognize someone who is infected. Gonna need a link on this one dawg.
There is an app in Miami you can put on your phone. It uses bluetooth and tells you if you are near someone who tested positive, if they have the app. Since it uses the BT function they can't track where you are, or they claim to not be tracking you.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-01-21, 11:03

Dendrobates wrote:The other thing that blows my mind is how someone explains to their daughter that Trump is a good person/someone to look up to. The things he has done and said are so repulsive. He is the prime example I would give my daughter of one of the worst human beings in existence. How to you lead your daughter to look to a man like that?

We need a lot of mental health resources in this country
I know a women who took her 12 year old daughter to a Trump rally. This was right after the "grab em by the pussy" tape came out.

Bear in mind she is a christian right whackjob. So I asked her how she reconciled this with her 12 year old little girl. Her answer: all men are like this so her daughter may as well get used to it.

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-01-21, 11:08

duffy munn wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:The other thing that blows my mind is how someone explains to their daughter that Trump is a good person/someone to look up to. The things he has done and said are so repulsive. He is the prime example I would give my daughter of one of the worst human beings in existence. How to you lead your daughter to look to a man like that?

We need a lot of mental health resources in this country
I know a women who took her 12 year old daughter to a Trump rally. This was right after the "grab em by the pussy" tape came out.

Bear in mind she is a christian right whackjob. So I asked her how she reconciled this with her 12 year old little girl. Her answer: all men are like this so her daughter may as well get used to it.

Was her name Mrs Bobby Knight?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2021-01-21, 11:24

InTenSity wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

There is an app in Miami you can put on your phone. It uses bluetooth and tells you if you are near someone who tested positive, if they have the app. Since it uses the BT function they can't track where you are, or they claim to not be tracking you.

About what I figured. So you'll need to have each infected person in possession of an iPhone, using the app, and have bluetooth turned on huh? Not sure how many actual infected people you'll identify there, but it's something at least.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-01-21, 11:31

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Beat the pandemic. That’s it. Get us out of this miserable situation.

/remindme in 100 days to see how the pandemic is going.

Clock's started. Let's go.

It's not going to be easy.

First one hundred days might be cleaning up a huge fucking mess.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/20/biden-pentagon-transition-460768
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2021-01-21, 11:37

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

About what I figured. So you'll need to have each infected person in possession of an iPhone, using the app, and have bluetooth turned on huh? Not sure how many actual infected people you'll identify there, but it's something at least.
It works with all smartphones as far as I could tell.

Miami Corona App
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2021-01-21, 11:52

InTenSity wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Miami Corona App

what that app should do it set off an alarm yelling "I'm infected!" if you're dumb enough to be walking around in public with an active case of COVID.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2021-01-21, 12:01

There is one in Michigan WOP. I have it and have it activated. It's pretty much useless because I don't go anywhere.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gov.michigan.MiCovidExposure&hl=en_US&gl=US

Not sure how to link on Apple store.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-01-21, 12:07

InTenSity wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

State of MI has a similar app. I've had it installed for 3-4 months and have never been alerted that I've come in close contact with anyone. Not surprising, since not many people have adopted the app.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-01-21, 12:16

Floyd Robertson wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

State of MI has a similar app. I've had it installed for 3-4 months and have never been alerted that I've come in close contact with anyone. Not surprising, since not many people have adopted the app.

Hoping with the future Covid briefings we get more guidance and a clear strategy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-01-21, 12:18

InTenSity wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Miami Corona App

If you use that on 5G, will you get infected?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-01-21, 13:39

kingstonlake wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Was her name Mrs Bobby Knight?

Lol. No but she does have 5 kids with 5 baby daddys. She's a patriot though.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-01-21, 13:47

Below is the list of Biden owned properties where the President and his entourage will likely stay when he travels, enabling him to profit from his own office:
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-01-21, 13:50

Again, there is nothing there. I think either the link or pic button is broke. Not sure.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2021-01-21, 15:02

Turtleneck wrote:Again, there is nothing there. I think either the link or pic button is broke. Not sure.

You're not there, man!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-01-21, 16:48

InTenSity wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Miami Corona App

Somehow I had missed this or forgotten about it.

Do they do this retroactively? Like if I tested positive, then does it notify anyone with the app who has been close to me within the last 10 days or something? If it would only notify people who are around me going forward, that seems like it is (or should be) pretty pointless as if I tested positive, I should be quarantining. I suppose I could read the link first and see if it says there, but that seems like a lot of effort to read.

Note: I have not tested positive...or even been tested, or had a known reason to get tested.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-01-21, 16:57

Feels like a whole lot of stress has left my shoulders. Shits going to happen, bad shit, and yet I’m confident in the office of the president and the people surrounding him to make the best decisions possible for America, not for themselves. First time I’ve felt that way in four years.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-01-21, 17:09

Mitch out here filibustering the filibuster. That’s the return to normalcy.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2