Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

+33
Jake from State Farm
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
Nordic
Trapper Gus
GRR Spartan
J T
tGreenWay
Pervis Muldoon
Motown Spartan
MiamiSpartan
Cameron
InTenSity
AvgMSUJoe
I.B. Fine
amiahtfrazier
Travis of the Cosmos
Bert Savoy
Heat Miser
MrMojoRisin
Dendrobates
Rocinante
kingstonlake
Bill Cain
SawGreen
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
aualum06
CORNER BLITZ
StylesGShmooth
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
37 posters

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever Empty Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by tGreenWay Thu 29 Oct 2020 - 2:44

Dave Chappelle is one of comedy’s greats. Green’s lasting contribution was displaying his nutsack getting operated on during his show to promote ball cancer awareness. It was a laudable move, but the real life drama was better than anything he did comedically.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever Empty Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu 29 Oct 2020 - 9:22

No one is putting Tom Greene in the same realm of Dave Chappelle. Chapelle is gold. Just watched the Letterman talk show with Chappelle. Letterman more or less said the same thing, Dave Chappelle is the standard and the best comedian he has ever seen.

We are putting Tom Greene and Borat (& most SBC comedy) in the same sentence. Comedy for the sake of making people squirm isn't funny to me.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever Empty Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu 29 Oct 2020 - 20:35

Rocinante wrote:I can’t imagine I would like that show. But I like the young lady from the VVitch, which may be the best horror movie of the last 20 years.

I have never heard of her before seeing this. She is going to be, how you say, big star.

I really can't imagine anyone wouldn't like this. The story might be predictable in parts, but the cinematography and her performance are stellar.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 29 Oct 2020 - 21:03

Have you guys seen Sassy Justice? And what’s your take on it. Funny? Scary? Both?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu 29 Oct 2020 - 22:19

AvgMSUJoe wrote:No one is putting Tom Greene in the same realm of Dave Chappelle. Chapelle is gold. Just watched the Letterman talk show with Chappelle. Letterman more or less said the same thing, Dave Chappelle is the standard and the best comedian he has ever seen.

We are putting Tom Greene and Borat (& most SBC comedy) in the same sentence. Comedy for the sake of making people squirm isn't funny to me.

This. Cringe comedy is a good way to put it. I also don't enjoy comedy at an unsuspecting person's expense, even if they are an ass. I love Chappelle's standup specials, just not the above.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu 29 Oct 2020 - 22:35

Floyd Robertson wrote:1/2 way through the first episode of The Queen's Gambit on Netflix and I'm totally hooked. I don't even play chess.

Started
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 30 Oct 2020 - 10:11

Watch every episode of Community in 13 minutes!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 30 Oct 2020 - 10:22

Nordic wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:1/2 way through the first episode of The Queen's Gambit on Netflix and I'm totally hooked. I don't even play chess.

Started

The lead actress looks like an alien that I want to bang.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri 30 Oct 2020 - 12:40

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Started

The tension and creepiness of the E1 almost made me ripcord. I was on needles for an hour. Very well done. Chernobyl level good. Got sucked into 3 episodes last night.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 30 Oct 2020 - 12:48

Was forced tranquilizers really standard practice for orphanages back in the 50's/60's? Or was this just some shady shit this one orphanage was doing?

I wouldn't think this happened much nationwide but I honestly don't know.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri 30 Oct 2020 - 13:11

Nordic wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

The tension and creepiness of the E1 almost made me ripcord. I was on needles for an hour. Very well done. Chernobyl level good. Got sucked into 3 episodes last night.
Just started this last night with my wife. Only got through Ep 1. Its going to be hard not to cheat on her, but I told her I'd be faithful.
I finished Utopia on Amazon in a week or so. I enjoyed it, but probably not for everyone. I'm looking for more things to watch. I've even started watching a little bit of Anime. I like One Punch Man. I haven't watched X hunters or whatever it was called on Prime yet.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri 30 Oct 2020 - 15:06

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Started

Pretty good assessment.
Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimg3.looper.com%2Fimg%2Fgallery%2Fis-the-queens-gambit-a-true-story%2Fl-intro-1603733928
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon 2 Nov 2020 - 22:09

Young Wallander on Netflix is about a B. Not quite as good as the British adaptation of Henning Mankell's books about the Swedish cop featuring Kenneth Branagh, but it's an interesting prequel. I never saw the Swedish version of the Wallander series, not even sure it's available anywhere in the U.S.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 2 Nov 2020 - 22:22

I’m going to watch the trial of the Chicago 7 tonight. I’ll let you know.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon 2 Nov 2020 - 22:26

Rocinante wrote:I’m going to watch the trial of the Chicago 7 tonight. I’ll let you know.

I learned a lot from it, knowing nothing about it going in. Good performance by Frank Langella as the idiot judge.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 3 Nov 2020 - 19:21

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Rocinante wrote:I’m going to watch the trial of the Chicago 7 tonight. I’ll let you know.

I learned a lot from it, knowing nothing about it going in. Good performance by Frank Langella as the idiot judge.

I liked it. It’s sad we’re still fighting the same battles today. It’s also sad that Abby Hoffman committed suicide.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 19 Nov 2020 - 16:33

The last couple of seasons might have missed the mark a bit, but I'm still gonna watch. YEW!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu 19 Nov 2020 - 17:28

Finished this... Worthy of a watch.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu 19 Nov 2020 - 18:17

I enjoyed Norsemen. I think it got funnier as it went along and I started to understand it better.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 19 Nov 2020 - 18:42

I have been watching Maniac after avoiding it for a while because skinny Jonah Hill freaked me out but it’s good!

Sally Field is still amazing.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 3:56

Ted Lasso is so good. It is exactly what we need right now. Watch it unless you're content to wallow in misery.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 10:01

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Ted Lasso is so good. It is exactly what we need right now. Watch it unless you're content to wallow in misery.
I know... I really liked that show. Worth the "free preview" time on Apple plus. Or whatever.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sat 5 Dec 2020 - 0:45

Sherlock Holmes on BBC with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman is excellent.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Sat 5 Dec 2020 - 11:09

HBOMax at 20% off for 6 months
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 5 Dec 2020 - 11:43

tGreenWay wrote:Just started watching AP Bio. This shit is funny.

Please start shutting up now.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu 10 Dec 2020 - 20:25

The Pee Wee Herman Christmas special is going off netflix on Dec 17th... You all should watch before it's gone since it's awesome.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu 10 Dec 2020 - 20:34

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever Pee-wee-magic
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 10 Dec 2020 - 20:55

Motown Spartan wrote:Sherlock Holmes on BBC with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman is excellent.

The dude that played Moriarty was excellent too.

Last edited by Watch Out Pylon! on Thu 10 Dec 2020 - 21:05; edited 1 time in total
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu 10 Dec 2020 - 21:01

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever Pee-wee-magic

What's Jalen Rose doing there?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu 10 Dec 2020 - 21:10

I watched raised by wolves last week. Not sure what to think of it, reading some comments on reddit, I think they were imploring it has a conservative lean to it. I dunno, some of it cheesy, but I'll watch season 2.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu 10 Dec 2020 - 21:11

The South Park special about covid was hilarious.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 10 Dec 2020 - 21:13

So I finished the queens gambit. Do they really have those kind of money tournaments? Is it really that big? I’m guessing it’s somewhere in the middle. But I’m as unwashed and uncultured as they can come. I’m assuming there must be a subculture out there I’ve known shit about for 59 years
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 10 Dec 2020 - 22:23

Watched the first episode of Your Honor on Showtime. Slowly set the stage for a pretty intense several scenes that become the center of the series.
Bryan Cranston stars. He’s an exceptional actor. There are 10 eps. total in the first season, and I’m guessing it’s just a one off because the storyline would be dragged out forever if it goes any longer. Part 2 of 10 is Sunday night.
Here’s the write up from IMDB:

Bryan Cranston stars as a New Orleans judge who is forced to confront his own deepest convictions when his son is involved in a hit and run that embroils an organized crime family. As a storm of vengeance, lies and deceit threatens to engulf the entire city, Michael Desiato faces a series of increasingly impossible choices and discovers just how far an honest man will go to save his son's life.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 10 Dec 2020 - 23:43

Love me some Cranston thanks
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu 10 Dec 2020 - 23:43

tGreenWay wrote:Watched the first episode of Your Honor on Showtime. Slowly set the stage for a pretty intense several scenes that become the center of the series.
Bryan Cranston stars. He’s an exceptional actor. There are 10 eps. total in the first season, and I’m guessing it’s just a one off because the storyline would be dragged out forever if it goes any longer. Part 2 of 10 is Sunday night.
Here’s the write up from IMDB:

Bryan Cranston stars as a New Orleans judge who is forced to confront his own deepest convictions when his son is involved in a hit and run that embroils an organized crime family. As a storm of vengeance, lies and deceit threatens to engulf the entire city, Michael Desiato faces a series of increasingly impossible choices and discovers just how far an honest man will go to save his son's life.

It is just the one season, as it is labeled in the promos as a Limited Series (TV code for, "dont even ask about a Season 2).

I watched the first episode. I felt like it could be the first half of basic, predictable movie. But as there are 9 more episodes, I'm expecting a lot of development, twists and turns, etc. So it is worth my time to continue.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Fri 11 Dec 2020 - 16:05

Floyd Robertson wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever Pee-wee-magic

What's Jalen Rose doing there?

lol. I was wondering why a young Magic Johnson was there.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri 11 Dec 2020 - 16:59

StylesGShmooth wrote:
lol. I was wondering why a young Magic Johnson was there.
Cause Young Magic Johnson was so prevalent in the late 80's would put Shaq to shame....(btw, Just saw Shaq on AEW Wrestling last week 🤷)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon 14 Dec 2020 - 1:35

Alice in borderlands, on Netflix. Holy shit episode 3.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Mon 14 Dec 2020 - 16:31

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
StylesGShmooth wrote:
lol.  I was wondering why a young Magic Johnson was there.
Cause Young Magic Johnson was so prevalent in the late 80's would put Shaq to shame....(btw, Just saw Shaq on AEW Wrestling last week 🤷)

Wait, is that really Magic?  I just thought it looked like him after someone said it looked like Jalen.  

Also, i know of Magic in the 80s, I'm not that young.  I actually watched The Magic Hour.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon 14 Dec 2020 - 16:35

StylesGShmooth wrote:
Wait, is that really Magic?  I just thought it looked like him after someone said it looked like Jalen.  

Also, i know of Magic in the 80s, I'm not that young.  I actually watched The Magic Hour.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next