Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

+33
Jake from State Farm
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
Nordic
Trapper Gus
GRR Spartan
J T
tGreenWay
Pervis Muldoon
Motown Spartan
MiamiSpartan
Cameron
InTenSity
AvgMSUJoe
I.B. Fine
amiahtfrazier
Travis of the Cosmos
Bert Savoy
Heat Miser
MrMojoRisin
Dendrobates
Rocinante
kingstonlake
Bill Cain
SawGreen
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
aualum06
CORNER BLITZ
StylesGShmooth
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
37 posters

Page 14 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next

Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 14 Empty Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-11-30, 15:15

tGreenWay wrote:The Lincoln Lawyer series on Netflix is good so far. I’m three episodes in.

Loved the books. Loved the movie. I hate to say I wasn't a fan this Mickey Haller. The acting just seemed bad/off.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 14 Empty Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by tGreenWay 2022-11-30, 15:27

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:The Lincoln Lawyer series on Netflix is good so far. I’m three episodes in.

Loved the books. Loved the movie. I hate to say I wasn't a fan this Mickey Haller. The acting just seemed bad/off.

I agree. There’s something not totally on, but the stories — so far — have made up for his lacking. I’ve tried to figure it out and maybe it’s just his halting speech pattern due to his accent. Told my wife they should’ve used Ryan Phillippe as Mickey. He’d’ve been good and it would’ve been funny since he was the bad guy in the movie.

btw, until this series, I didn’t know tLL was a series. I thought it was a one-off. So now I have new books to read. Yay me.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-12-02, 12:36

I don't remember Netflix saying they were going to roll out an ad-supported tier but here we are.

[tw]1598730981573537793[/tw]

Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-12-02, 22:01

Floyd Robertson wrote:I don't remember Netflix saying they were going to roll out an ad-supported tier but here we are.

Probably going with ad-free, only because the ads inserted on Peacock are so awkward and annoying. What am I saying? All viewing decisions belong to Mrs. GW, anyway. I’ll get what offers and like it. lol
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-12-02, 22:49

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:I don't remember Netflix saying they were going to roll out an ad-supported tier but here we are.

Probably going with ad-free, only because the ads inserted on Peacock are so awkward and annoying. What am I saying? All viewing decisions belong to Mrs. GW, anyway. I’ll get what offers and like it. lol
Ads on Peacock, as well as other streaming services, are targeted specifically to you, much like many other internet ads.

So while the ads for little people size dominatrix outfits might seem awkward and annoying, maybe there is a reason that they're being served to you?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Cameron, Other Teams Pursuing That and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-12-02, 23:35

MiamiSpartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Ads on Peacock, as well as other streaming services, are targeted specifically to you, much like many other internet ads.

So while the ads for little people size dominatrix outfits might seem awkward and annoying, maybe there is a reason that they're being served to you?

An ad like that would not be objectionable. However, what I find annoying is how Peacock inserts ads at any time inside a program. It doesn’t wait for the end of a scene; it just abruptly breaks regardless of what’s happening onscreen. It’s weird.
Now, tell me more about this little person dominatrix, please.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-12-05, 21:09

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Anybody else here watching Andor on Disney+?

I have watched 4/5 episodes so far and this thing is pretty damned awesome. Right up there with Rogue One as the best Star Wars has to offer.

My only complaint is Disney doing a weekly episode release after dropping the first three episodes at once. Fuckers.

I've been waiting until all episodes are available. So, cool... good reviews are hard to find.
A+ good shit.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Floyd Robertson, Turtleneck and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-12-05, 21:14

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

I've been waiting until all episodes are available. So, cool... good reviews are hard to find.
A+ good shit.

Well done start to finish.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-12-14, 09:58

Slow Horses on Apple +. (just watched season 1... season 2 is currently getting the slow rollout)

If you like British spy stuff. Pretty good.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2022-12-14, 10:06

Any one else watch The Peripheral on Amazon? I'm 4 episodes in, although I should watch Ep 1 again since I wasn't paying 100% attention and think I missed some things. Kind of interesting so far, maybe a mix of Matrix and Westworld? Sci Fi show with Chloe Grace Morentz as the main character.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-12-14, 10:10

InTenSity wrote:Any one else watch The Peripheral on Amazon? I'm 4 episodes in, although I should watch Ep 1 again since I wasn't paying 100% attention and think I missed some things. Kind of interesting so far, maybe a mix of Matrix and Westworld? Sci Fi show with Chloe Grace Morentz as the main character.
Yeah, I'll give it 4 stars. Will watch season 2. Discussion would lead to spoilers.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

InTenSity likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-12-14, 11:03

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Slow Horses on Apple +. (just watched season 1... season 2 is currently getting the slow rollout)

I watched Season 1. Didn't know that 2 was out, but I don't have Apple+ at the moment. I'll probably sign up for it again when the new season of Ted Lasso comes out.

Season 1 was solid. Gary Oldman is great, of course.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-12-14, 11:07

Anyone watch 1899 on Netflix? If you like shows that are always making you wonder what is going on, this is for you. I do like shows like that, and enjoyed this.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-12-14, 12:08

caught a couple of episodes of the "Harry and Meaghan" thing (or whatever it's called) on Netflix with my wife.

man, what a freakin' trainwreck of an existence those poor folks had to live with. Shout out to Harry - seems like a good dude putting his family first.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2022-12-14, 12:22

I mean slow your roll Bob he’s a member of the British Royal family.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-12-14, 13:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:caught a couple of episodes of the "Harry and Meaghan" thing (or whatever it's called) on Netflix with my wife.

man, what a freakin' trainwreck of an existence those poor folks had to live with. Shout out to Harry - seems like a good dude putting his family first.

I kind of want to watch it because Harry seems to put his family first. However, I think I might have to claw my eyes and ears out 20 minutes in. I feel bad for her and I’m sure she really felt some covert and may be overt racism, and he was really cool to understand that. However, if you want to talk about privilege, well, it’s the royal family. I hope she got the proper counseling and I hope she lived a great life, but I don’t think they are very put upon in their existence.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-12-14, 13:49

Rocinante wrote:I mean slow your roll Bob he’s a member of the British Royal family.
well, yeah, but as far as the British Royal family goes, he seems to be at the top of the litter.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-12-14, 14:50

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Slow Horses on Apple +. (just watched season 1... season 2 is currently getting the slow rollout)

Enjoyed however many of the first season I’ve seen, but drifted away when we got interested in other shows. It just kept getting bumped. Gotta start that up again because I liked it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-12-14, 14:57

Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan starts up again in one week. Season 3 with John Krasinski and Wendell Pierce begins airing 12/21 on Prime. Really surprised this started up again as it’s been three years since the end of season 2 aired. Figured it was a victim of Covid.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-12-14, 17:59

tGreenWay wrote:Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan starts up again in one week. Season 3 with John Krasinski and Wendell Pierce begins airing 12/21 on Prime. Really surprised this started up again as it’s been three years since the end of season 2 aired. Figured it was a victim of Covid.
I had searched about it a couple of times the last couple of years, so I knew it was in the works. I believe the delay was due to covid, but I don't know if that was all of the delay or not.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2022-12-14, 18:03

What's people's preference on streaming. All at once so you can binge watch or one new episode/week?
I think I prefer the one/week, unless I've got a bunch of time to kill.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-12-14, 19:05

MiamiSpartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan starts up again in one week. Season 3 with John Krasinski and Wendell Pierce begins airing 12/21 on Prime. Really surprised this started up again as it’s been three years since the end of season 2 aired. Figured it was a victim of Covid.
I had searched about it a couple of times the last couple of years, so I knew it was in the works. I believe the delay was due to covid, but I don't know if that was all of the delay or not.  

I actually stopped searching a year ago when so many series were jump-starting again after the long layoff. Never found anything so I figured it was done. Glad it’s back. Might have to binge the first two seasons again to remind myself of what happened. Can’t let the brain of an old man go without info for three years and not expect some show amnesia. Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 14 1811933421
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-12-14, 19:10

Jake from State Farm wrote:What's people's preference on streaming. All at once so you can binge watch or one new episode/week?

Not really into sitting for hours on end but will binge a miniseries or season over the course of a week. If all the eps are available, I’d like to get all the answers. Once a week is fine if that’s all that’s available.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-12-14, 20:04

Jake from State Farm wrote:What's people's preference on streaming. All at once so you can binge watch or one new episode/week?

Depends on the show. If it's one of my favorites, I like it weekly. It allows it to kind of marinate with me. And with some shows you get the online discussion/theorizing which can be enjoyable (at least sometimes). If all episodes are available, I won't wait a week between episodes on my own though.

But for shows that I'm just checking out or am a more casual fan of, I don't mind being able to blow through a season in a day or a weekend.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-12-14, 20:08

Prefer to wait until they are all available then crank it out in a week.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2022-12-14, 20:44

Watched "The Santa Clauses" on Disney +. 6 part mini-series. I enjoyed it very much.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2022-12-21, 22:36

Wednesday is great.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-12-21, 22:50

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Prefer to wait until they are all available then crank it out in a week.

Tell us more, AvgMSUJoe.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-12-24, 14:35

The movie "Mom and Dad" is streaming on Hulu. A pandemic reverses the parental urge to protect children, so that parents now feel an uncontrollable need to kill their kids.  And Nic Cage is one of those parents. If you ignore the thematic messages about parenthood, it's a fun oddball of a movie.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-12-24, 17:56

Pervis Muldoon wrote:The movie "Mom and Dad" is streaming on Hulu. A pandemic reverses the parental urge to protect children, so that parents now feel an uncontrollable need to kill their kids.  And Nic Cage is one of those parents. If you ignore the thematic messages about parenthood, it's a fun oddball of a movie.

So, not Raising Arizona.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-12-24, 21:39

Been seeing Raiders of the Lost Ark a lot recently..

At the end when the Ark burns/evaporates everyone, why is Belloq not shown as one of them?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-12-24, 21:58

The Pantry wrote:Been seeing Raiders of the Lost Ark a lot recently..

At the end when the Ark burns/evaporates everyone, why is Belloq not shown as one of them?

Take Indiana Jones out of that movie and the story remains the same. The Nazis eventually find the Ark, take it to a remote island, open it, and they all vaporize. Indiana Jones had absolutely nothing to add to that story.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-12-24, 22:06

They show his head explode in a ball of fire after the other two dudes' faces melt.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-12-24, 22:07

InTenSity wrote:Wednesday is great.

Put me in the 10% on this one. Wife watched it and loved it (most did).  I wanted to like it. Just couldn't get into the characters/story.

Sleep
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-12-24, 22:10

Motown Spartan wrote:

Take Indiana Jones out of that movie and the story remains the same. The Nazis eventually find the Ark, take it to a remote island, open it, and they all vaporize.  Indiana Jones had absolutely nothing to add to that story.

Mind. Blown.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-12-24, 22:10

tGreenWay wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:The movie "Mom and Dad" is streaming on Hulu. A pandemic reverses the parental urge to protect children, so that parents now feel an uncontrollable need to kill their kids.  And Nic Cage is one of those parents. If you ignore the thematic messages about parenthood, it's a fun oddball of a movie.

So, not Raising Arizona.

No, Cage was a better parent when he kidnapped a kid.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

tGreenWay and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-12-24, 22:13

Motown Spartan wrote:

Take Indiana Jones out of that movie and the story remains the same. The Nazis eventually find the Ark, take it to a remote island, open it, and they all vaporize. Indiana Jones had absolutely nothing to add to that story.

Brilliant!
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-12-25, 14:12

Motown Spartan wrote:

Take Indiana Jones out of that movie and the story remains the same. The Nazis eventually find the Ark, take it to a remote island, open it, and they all vaporize.  Indiana Jones had absolutely nothing to add to that story.
Gotta disagree.  Only if you look at the last half hour or so of the movie, is that true.  The Nazis didn't knownehere the headpiece to the staff of Ra was.
They only found Marian because they followed Indy to her.  There is no indication that they even knew she had the piece.  Only Indy knew that.  

Whether they would have ever found her, or gotten their hands on the headpiece if they had, is just speculation.

No Marian, no headpiece, no idea where to dig, no Ark.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-12-25, 14:19

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

Gotta disagree. Only if you look at the last half hour or so of the movie, is that true. The Nazis didn't knownehere the headpiece to the staff of Ra was.
They only found Marian because they followed Indy to her. There is no indication that they even knew she had the piece. Only Indy knew that.

Whether they would have ever found her, or gotten their hands on the headpiece if they had, is just speculation.

Completely agree. If not for Indy, the Ark doesn't wind up in a nondescript government warehouse in a plain wooden crate, buried among millions of other secrets (or one secret and millions of other empty crates).
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-12-25, 15:21

MiamiSpartan wrote:

They show his head explode in a ball of fire after the other two dudes' faces melt.
Thanks. The way that was sequenced thought that was the rabbi.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next