Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What New Habits (Good or Bad) Have You Developed Since the Virus/Quarantine/Working Remotely?

+7
Turtleneck
MiamiSpartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
tGreenWay
kingstonlake
DWags
Robert J Sakimano
11 posters

Go down

What New Habits (Good or Bad) Have You Developed Since the Virus/Quarantine/Working Remotely? Empty What New Habits (Good or Bad) Have You Developed Since the Virus/Quarantine/Working Remotely?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-02-01, 09:33

almost one year n.. yikes..

but I just back from the grocery store. I'm not a fan of crowds, but I typically always did the grocery shopping on Sunday (yuck).. in the last4-5 months, I've gravitated toward going on Monday mornings. Not sure why it took me so long to start that, but it is very quiet, more relaxing, etc., especially given the anxiety of the virus already.

on the downside, I probably drink more at weird times during the day. From what I can tell in talking with friends, etc., I'm not alone in that new habit.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What New Habits (Good or Bad) Have You Developed Since the Virus/Quarantine/Working Remotely? Empty Re: What New Habits (Good or Bad) Have You Developed Since the Virus/Quarantine/Working Remotely?

Post by DWags 2021-02-01, 09:39

Go to sleep around 9:30 get up around 4:00. Most days. About a 2:30 hour to 3:00 difference on both ends.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What New Habits (Good or Bad) Have You Developed Since the Virus/Quarantine/Working Remotely? Empty Re: What New Habits (Good or Bad) Have You Developed Since the Virus/Quarantine/Working Remotely?

Post by kingstonlake 2021-02-01, 09:48

What New Habits (Good or Bad) Have You Developed Since the Virus/Quarantine/Working Remotely? 3434560931
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Other Teams Pursuing That, tGreenWay and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-02-01, 10:37

DWags wrote:Go to sleep around 9:30 get up around 4:00. Most days. About a 2:30 hour to 3:00 difference on both ends.

My insomnia is extended by 2 hours, too. Going to bed about 4:30am, get up at 9 or 9:30am, grab a two hour nap during the day. I tried cutting out naps thinking it would help me get tired sooner, but nope. I’d probably be more productive if I just went nocturnal.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-02-01, 11:21

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:Go to sleep around 9:30 get up around 4:00. Most days. About a 2:30 hour to 3:00 difference on both ends.

My insomnia is extended by 2 hours, too. Going to bed about 4:30am, get up at 9 or 9:30am, grab a two hour nap during the day. I tried cutting out naps thinking it would help me get tired sooner, but nope. I’d probably be more productive if I just went nocturnal.

that doesn't sound like enough sleep, greenway.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-02-01, 11:29

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

that doesn't sound like enough sleep, greenway.

It’s okay when you add up the two, but it’s not quality sleep and def not desirable. I’d planned to go to the Sparrow Sleep Clinic for a night, but we all had our plans change before covid. I’ll give it a try once we return to whatever the new normal is.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-02-01, 13:10

I suppose it has become a habit not to go anywhere or see anyone. Definitely has become a habit to cook at home instead of eating out. Even takeout is very rare for us. We used to eat out/takeout a ton, due to varying schedules, notnhaving time to cook or plan meals, etc.

Also, kind of like Bob mentioned, grocery store runs are weekday mornings only, by about 8am after dropping my daughter off. It is so empty that I get frustrated if I have to wait at all at checkout.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-02-01, 13:35

Mind your own business, Bob.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-02-01, 13:55

Turtleneck wrote:Mind your own business, Bob.
I've also taken up writing poetry.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-02-01, 14:19

Vogons write better poetry.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-02-01, 14:34

Bob has always been pretty nosy.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-02-01, 15:24

tGreenWay wrote:Bob has always been pretty nosy.

A lot of posters around here try to get information out of other posters. Fucking data miners, man.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-02-01, 15:38

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Bob has always been pretty nosy.

A lot of posters around here try to get information out of other posters. Fucking data miners, man.

Half of them are data miners and the other half are buzz agents. It’s like trying to maneuver a gauntlet. Think I might just tune out with my Bose Quiet Comfort Noise Canceling Ear Buds, available on Amazon.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-02-01, 15:55

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Half of them are data miners and the other half are buzz agents. It’s like trying to maneuver a gauntlet. Think I might just tune out with my Bose Quiet Comfort Noise Canceling Ear Buds, available on Amazon.

That kind of posting gets me worked up, GreenWay. The best way for me to relax is listen to my favorite songs on my Spotify premium account. Did you know Spotify premium is only $9.99 a month and right now you get two months free AND can cancel anytime?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-02-01, 16:37

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

That kind of posting gets me worked up, GreenWay. The best way for me to relax is listen to my favorite songs on my Spotify premium account. Did you know Spotify premium is only $9.99 a month and right now you get two months free AND can cancel anytime?

That sounds great, Turtleneck. I’m definitely going to check out that amazing deal on Spotify. I can hardly wait to listen in my Bose Quiet Comfort Noise Canceling Ear Buds while relaxing in my über comfortable L.L. Bean Wicked Good Shearling Lined Slippers, available right now at llean.com.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2021-02-01, 16:51

Using shipt/kroger pickup most of the time. If I'm doing good with food planning, it's kroger pickup. I'm probably doing one of these two things about 80% of the time for groceries.

And of course working from home full time. When I probably did about once a week previously. However, when things get back to normal, I forsee twice a week from home being typical.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-02-01, 16:54

I’ve been drinking too goddamn much
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-02-01, 17:13

Rocinante wrote:I’ve been drinking too goddamn much

Do you get hammered and then go ride an escalator?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-02-01, 17:53

this
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-02-01, 18:33

tGreenWay wrote:

He would have to take the Wyoming high speed rail to Natrona County.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-02-01, 18:56

Dendrobates wrote:Using shipt/kroger pickup most of the time. If I'm doing good with food planning, it's kroger pickup. I'm probably doing one of these two things about 80% of the time for groceries.

And of course working from home full time. When I probably did about once a week previously. However, when things get back to normal, I forsee twice a week from home being typical.
I can't wait to get back to work.

I miss my work friends and avoiding work at work vs. avoiding work at home.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-02-01, 18:57

yep. Definitely having a few drinks 7 days a week.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-02-01, 19:11

Yeah I'm actively attempting to avoid alcohol 5 days a week now. That was never needed before.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-02-01, 19:31

Swillers living up to their name. What New Habits (Good or Bad) Have You Developed Since the Virus/Quarantine/Working Remotely? 2267303065
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-02-01, 19:33

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

He would have to take the Wyoming high speed rail to Natrona County.

Roc only does that after downing a bottle of NyQuil. Makes the rail ride seem like it’s going by faster and yet at the same time seem like it’s in slow motion.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-01-13, 10:22

Covid-19: Chinese woman stuck in lockdown with blind date

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-59969509

"I'm getting quite old, so my parents arranged more than 10 blind dates for me," she said in this post. She wrote that her fifth date had said "he was good at cooking, and invited me to his house so he could cook a meal".

However, during the meal, she discovered that her date's community had gone into swift lockdown due to cases of Covid-19, and ended up being unable to leave his house for several days.

Ms Wang told media on Sunday that she had been stuck for four days at her date's house, and that the situation was "not ideal".

However, she said that her date had cooked every day for her while they were stranded together.

She added though that "he doesn't speak much".

It is unclear whether she still remains stuck at her date's house. However, cases of Covid-19 have persisted in Zhengzhou in recent days.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-01-13, 15:54

Turtleneck wrote:Covid-19: Chinese woman stuck in lockdown with blind date

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-59969509

"I'm getting quite old, so my parents arranged more than 10 blind dates for me," she said in this post. She wrote that her fifth date had said "he was good at cooking, and invited me to his house so he could cook a meal".

However, during the meal, she discovered that her date's community had gone into swift lockdown due to cases of Covid-19, and ended up being unable to leave his house for several days.

Ms Wang told media on Sunday that she had been stuck for four days at her date's house, and that the situation was "not ideal".

However, she said that her date had cooked every day for her while they were stranded together.

She added though that "he doesn't speak much".

It is unclear whether she still remains stuck at her date's house. However, cases of Covid-19 have persisted in Zhengzhou in recent days.
"Ms. Wang"

What New Habits (Good or Bad) Have You Developed Since the Virus/Quarantine/Working Remotely? Giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47oifw2r3psjbrh7z7lvlsrl4asexcoc04n7u3j0a8&rid=giphy
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-01-13, 16:53

I suppose if she’s not into the guy, him not talking much is probably ideal. What New Habits (Good or Bad) Have You Developed Since the Virus/Quarantine/Working Remotely? 2599972566
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-01-13, 16:58

Shopping pro tip: A lot of what Target sells is available for free shipping with a minimum purchase of $35. They also have curbside p/u and same day delivery. My guess is Meijer and Kroger offer similar options. I don’t fucking care what Heb and Wegman’s offer.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2022-01-13, 17:24

I've lost 50# maybe a little more and walk about 4 miles almost everyday.
Also drink like stated above.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Robert J Sakimano, Travis of the Cosmos, MiamiSpartan, tGreenWay, AvgMSUJoe, Turtleneck and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-01-13, 19:21

InTenSity wrote:I've lost 50# maybe a little more and walk about 4 miles almost everyday.

That’s awesome. Was it primarily the walking or did you change up your diet/eating habits?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2022-01-13, 20:53

tGreenWay wrote:
InTenSity wrote:I've lost 50# maybe a little more and walk about 4 miles almost everyday.

That’s awesome. Was it primarily the walking or did you change up your diet/eating habits?
It was both. I started counting calories. I eat what I want, but I try to eat less. If it taste good, I eat slower and less. Or I try to. I've cut way back on beer. It's simple, but complicated at the same time. I just try to have negative caloric intake. Plus side is cholesterol is back within normal and I was pre-diabetic, but the sugar level is back to normal. I'm also back to the same waist size I was in college.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-01-13, 22:04

InTenSity wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

It was both. I started counting calories. I eat what I want, but I try to eat less. If it taste good, I eat slower and less. Or I try to. I've cut way back on beer. It's simple, but complicated at the same time. I just try to have negative caloric intake. Plus side is cholesterol is back within normal and I was pre-diabetic, but the sugar level is back to normal. I'm also back to the same waist size I was in college.

That’s really cool. Well done! I’m only 25 pounds heavier than I was in HS, but my gut got a lot of it, and since I’m the height of our elfin bball coach, it’s rough on the bod. I’d love to lose 25-30 pounds. It would be so much healthier overall.
Keep it up, InTen! It’s always Speedo season in FLA. 😃
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-01-14, 01:43

InTenSity wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Way to go in ten. Very cool.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down