Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can the national love affair with Andrew Cuomo be over now?

+7
MiamiSpartan
GRR Spartan
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
kingstonlake
Cameron
Turtleneck
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Can the national love affair with Andrew Cuomo be over now?  Empty Can the national love affair with Andrew Cuomo be over now?

Post by Turtleneck 2021-02-18, 14:08

Sure, he can be funny and makes for good TV with his brother, but he is also a bully with a need for power and control (not unlike another New Yorker who recently held an executive office). Before his "progressive turn," which has been half hearted and motivated by elections, his policies often seemed so moderate they had no discernible impact. He has also been close to numerous scandals and just slides every time.

[tw]1362242963720519683?s=20[/tw]

[tw]1362389938726080514?s=20[/tw]

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2021-03-01, 10:16; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Can the national love affair with Andrew Cuomo be over now?  Empty Re: Can the national love affair with Andrew Cuomo be over now?

Post by Cameron 2021-02-18, 14:41

Funny how much good press having a news anchor brother can get you...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Can the national love affair with Andrew Cuomo be over now?  Empty Re: Can the national love affair with Andrew Cuomo be over now?

Post by kingstonlake 2021-03-01, 07:24

Can the national love affair with Andrew Cuomo be over now?  1362440668
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2021-03-01, 09:13

Charlie LeDuff seems to think Gov Whitmer pulled something similar with nursing homes in MI. I think that I read that a lawsuit is forthcoming. This might turn into a big deal.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-03-01, 10:06

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Charlie LeDuff seems to think Gov Whitmer pulled something similar with nursing homes in MI. I think that I read that a lawsuit is forthcoming. This might turn into a big deal.

I'm gonna assume GOPpers are aghast at the idea of Whitmer not making every effort to protect lives?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2021-03-01, 10:14

kingstonlake wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Charlie LeDuff seems to think Gov Whitmer pulled something similar with nursing homes in MI. I think that I read that a lawsuit is forthcoming. This might turn into a big deal.

I'm gonna assume GOPpers are aghast at the idea of Whitmer not making every effort to protect lives?

Probably. I'm sure they will run with this. LeDuff isn't politically motivated I don't believe, he's just a bulldog reporter who thinks he has an angle. He's got a somewhat sketchy past but he's pretty good so I expect something to come of this.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-03-01, 10:20

Cuomo love affair is definitely over. The sexual harassment allegations are overshadowing the nursing homes issue. He has acknowledged possible "inappropriate" remarks. He is up for reelection in 2022. NY might soon be getting a moderate Republican governor.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-01, 10:23

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Probably. I'm sure they will run with this. LeDuff isn't politically motivated I don't believe, he's just a bulldog reporter who thinks he has an angle. He's got a somewhat sketchy past but he's pretty good so I expect something to come of this.

The whole nursing home thing has been out there for a while and imo there's merit to it. It happened early on in the pandemic and as Obama noted 'this pandemic wouldn't be easy for anyone'. I think unfortunate mistakes have happened straight across the board. Best move is to just be transparent which Cuomo was not.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-03-01, 10:28

It's just old people.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2021-03-01, 11:45

NY’s US Senators Schumer and Gillibrand have weighed n supporting further investigation.

The die is cast. Cuomo is done in statewide and national elective office.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-03-01, 12:15

As popular as he was over the summer it didn't seem like he was seriously considered for the VP spot. Word travels.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-03-01, 12:27

kingstonlake wrote:As popular as he was over the summer it didn't seem like he was seriously considered for the VP spot. Word travels.

I think there with other factors that disqualified him from the start. But if he did have national aspirations, they might be over. Which is fine. He has always been lousy, but he is good at telling you what day of the week it is, and that was important during the quarantine.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-03-01, 15:43

kingstonlake wrote:As popular as he was over the summer it didn't seem like he was seriously considered for the VP spot. Word travels.

The fact that he has a penis (I assume) kept him from ever getting on the list to begin with.

And even if it wasn't for that, he repeatedly said that he didn't want to be considered.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-03-02, 06:52

Third accuser. Wedding 2019. There's a photo and she does look a little uncomfortable.

Trump better watch out. If Cuomo switches parties he may lock up the Evangelical demographic.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-03-02, 07:22

kingstonlake wrote:Third accuser. Wedding 2019. There's a photo and she does look a little uncomfortable.

Trump better watch out. If Cuomo switches parties he may lock up the Evangelical demographic.

Well, if I was Trump I'd be nervous that Sarkozy just got convicted of corruption and influence peddling. I mean if France can convict an ex-president, why not the U.S.?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-03-02, 07:33

Can the national love affair with Andrew Cuomo be over now?  Bb5fdb10
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-03-02, 10:30

he's the Madison Cawthorn's of Donald Trumps.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-03-11, 14:25

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/11/nyregion/cuomo-groping-accusation-albany-police.html

Latest accusation may rise to level of crime.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-03-11, 14:56

Way too much smoke. buh bye.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-03-11, 15:05

DWags wrote:Way too much smoke. buh bye.

I think he will resign in the next 3-4 months. I think he tries to stick around for as long as possible. If not, he is incredibly weak going into reelection and every Democrat and Republican who thinks they have a shot enters the race.

He had become the most visible Democrat governor and commanded a lot of power. Who replaces him as the most visible Democratic governor? Whitmer?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-03-11, 17:30

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:Way too much smoke. buh bye.

I think he will resign in the next 3-4 months. I think he tries to stick around for as long as possible. If not, he is incredibly weak going into reelection and every Democrat and Republican who thinks they have a shot enters the race.

He had become the most visible Democrat governor and commanded a lot of power. Who replaces him as the most visible Democratic governor? Whitmer?

Probably. Until she's not re-elected.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2021-03-11, 23:57

kingstonlake wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

If Gov Whitmer’s re-election odds were favorable to a GOP opponent the GOP would not be hearing No from every potential candidate they’ve approached.

Cuomo is a good example of how quickly a political career can flame out. He was in trouble with the way his administration reported nursing home deaths and reporting irregularities before the current accusations started rolling in.

Cuomo is 63. NY has no term limits. Cuomo’s best shot was being re-elected. Schumer is 70 and could run for another 6 year term. Cuomo’s problems take him out of a potential US Senate primary to replace Schumer.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-03-12, 09:05

kingstonlake wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

BTW, She's still over 50% approval ratings. And the Rs cant gerrymander the Gov's office.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-03-12, 11:29

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

BTW, She's still over 50% approval ratings. And the Rs cant gerrymander the Gov's office.

It seems like a lot of negative attack ads started this week, highlighting the nursing home stuff and the undisclosed details of the separation agreement with the state's former CHO. At least one Detroit TV station is trying for ratings by fanning the flames. I hope she can put those fires out.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-03-12, 11:34

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

When does the guy who likes missiles and challenged Stabenow and Peters announce he’s running for governor?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-03-12, 11:36

Democrats sure love impeachment inquiries.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/11/nyregion/cuomo-resign-sexual-harassment.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2021-03-12, 12:01

Turtleneck wrote:Democrats sure love impeachment inquiries.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/11/nyregion/cuomo-resign-sexual-harassment.html

As opposed to the GOP that essentially puts their collective fingers in their ears and sing La La La La to drown out voices they want to ignore.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-03-12, 14:26

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I think shes gonna struggle without Trump on the ballot. Hopefully turnout is still big. Might be tough with neither stabenow or Peter's running either.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-03-15, 06:28

Cuomo needs to switch parties and run for president... denigrate brown people, women and democracy... rape a few women, etc.

The christians would line behind him like they were at a post-church all-u-can-eat buffet at the Mio Nip-n-Sip.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Can the national love affair with Andrew Cuomo be over now?  Empty Cuomo what an ass.

Post by DWags 2021-08-03, 12:10

Not joking, I said to my wife back when Covid first started and he was holding press conferences that I could see him as the next president. After this investigation just came out I hope he goes to jail. Guy sounds like a complete predator
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-08-03, 13:20

I remember when he was put out as a last ditch option for president. Thank goodness that was avoided. Dude should resign.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-08-03, 13:24

Never liked him. Basically Trump with a different party label.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-08-03, 17:34

Biden says Cuomo needs to step down.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/03/politics/joe-biden-andrew-cuomo-reaction/index.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-08-03, 18:23

Democratic majority in state assembly moving against King Cuomo. Leader says he can’t remain in office.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/08/03/nyregion/andrew-cuomo#assembly-speaker-says-cuomo-has-lost-support-of-democrats-and-can-no-longer-remain-in-office
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-08-03, 18:52

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Cuomo needs to switch parties and run for president... denigrate brown people, women and democracy... rape a few women, etc.

The christians would line behind him like they were at a post-church all-u-can-eat buffet at the Mio Nip-n-Sip.
bump.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-08-03, 21:43

Even the mainstream liberal communist media is turning on Cuomo. The countdown to Gov Hochul has started.

[ig]CSIhZ1Os20N[/ig]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-08-03, 22:07

Has to be tough on Chris Cuomo. CNN is killing Andrew.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2021-08-03, 22:35

How the mighty have fallen.

Like DWags I thought Cuomo was setting himself up for 2028 or making a run at one of NY’s US Senate seats. It appeared he could overcome his divorce from the former Kerry Kennedy and subsequent long term relationship with Sandra Lee (Food Network personality)

When a sitting Democrat in The White House says it’s time for Cuomo to resign you know it’s really bad.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-08-10, 11:34

White House officials at the time believed that prosecutors might want to interview Jarrett and assess whether the call had risen to the level of illegality. Instead, the Department of Justice notified Bharara. “Everybody basically just said we’re not going to do anything—we’re not going to stop Preet,” Cole said. “The investigation is the investigation, and I don’t care if Andrew Cuomo calls us or not.” Bharara’s office chose not to pursue charges, but he recalled being alarmed. “Andrew Cuomo has no qualms, while he’s under investigation by the sitting U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, trying to call the White House to call me off,” Bharara told me. “Trump did that. That’s an extraordinary thing, from my perspective.”

Andrew Cuomo’s War Against a Federal Prosecutor
https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/andrew-cuomos-war-against-a-federal-prosecutor
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-08-10, 12:09

[tw]1425126532280893440[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next