Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CPAC 2021

+13
DWags
steveschneider
AvgMSUJoe
Cameron
Rocinante
MiamiSpartan
kingstonlake
Robert J Sakimano
Travis of the Cosmos
GRR Spartan
Jake from State Farm
Floyd Robertson
Turtleneck
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

CPAC 2021 - Page 3 Empty Re: CPAC 2021

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun 5 Mar 2023 - 10:42

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:Everything I’ve read about CPAC 2023 is kind of disgusting.  Is Trump actually getting crazier?!?  WTF???

Proving Bob is right.

There is a group of National Christian zealots who want to go back to the 19th century United States, post Reconstruction and pre-TR.  Trump has tuned into their feelings.
while the mainstream media types like to sit around and pretend to be intellectuals that pontificate the nuance of the very garbage they promote, it would be a lot easier for them to simply say "America is a stupid country" and leave it at that.

But.. they have bills to pay and their loyal christian, patriotic followers are tuned in salivating.. waiting for their marching orders.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sun 5 Mar 2023 - 10:53

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Proving Bob is right.

There is a group of National Christian zealots who want to go back to the 19th century United States, post Reconstruction and pre-TR.  Trump has tuned into their feelings.
while the mainstream media types like to sit around and pretend to be intellectuals that pontificate the nuance of the very garbage they promote, it would be a lot easier for them to simply say "America is a stupid country" and leave it at that.

But.. they have bills to pay and their loyal christian, patriotic followers are tuned in salivating.. waiting for their marching orders.

Meanwhile Fox News is involved in the largest "news" scandal in probably the last 100 years and most of the conservative news outlets, including Fox, are ignoring it, as in not reporting one peep on it, totally, and the rest of the MSM isn't much better, with some reporting but little critical writing about how Fox has turned the news into propaganda.

It isn't just the people, Bob, there are very wealthy people who are shoveling coal onto the fire.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 5 Mar 2023 - 10:59

To be sort of fair, I’m pretty confident that if a Fox News personality talked about the dominion lawsuit on the air a Fox News lawyer would have an aneurysm
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sun 5 Mar 2023 - 11:01

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:To be sort of fair, I’m pretty confident that if a Fox News personality talked about the dominion lawsuit on the air a Fox News lawyer would have an aneurysm

News organizations report on lawsuits against themselves all the time.

Corporations have to report on them in their quarterly reports.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 5 Mar 2023 - 11:13

Quarterly reports are not news broadcasts and Sean Hannity is not the one filing them.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sun 5 Mar 2023 - 11:15

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Quarterly reports are not news broadcasts and Sean Hannity is not the one filing them.

However, news organizations do report on lawsuits filed against them via their news reporting. All the major MSM does this, and many local ones, if it is news, except the conservative ones.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 5 Mar 2023 - 12:46

So many people have said. “I held my nose and voted for Trump”. Bullshit. They voted for Trump period. I don’t care if they say they stuffed a dildo up their ass and voted for Trump. Not differentiated. You are of that party a d EVERYTHING they stand for when you chose that leader.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 5 Mar 2023 - 12:50

Trapper Gus wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Quarterly reports are not news broadcasts and Sean Hannity is not the one filing them.

However, news organizations do report on lawsuits filed against them via their news reporting. All the major MSM does this, and many local ones, if it is news, except the conservative ones.

Man you say that, but I think you’d be hard pressed to find an example where someone, like again Sean Hannity, is that central to the content of a lawsuit, and is talking about it in public.

Basically, I don’t believe you on that. Don lemon may talk about a cnn suit that has nothing to do with him, but this is about the entire company and all of its broadcasting.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 5 Mar 2023 - 12:52

But also it’s a propaganda network, not a news network, so of course they wouldn’t report on it…. I just don’t think that other networks give their hosts carte Blanche to talk about an active lawsuit in live tv either.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 5 Mar 2023 - 13:16

Will the Dems come up with a better plan than letting Joe Biden run for reelection?
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

TravelinMan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 5 Mar 2023 - 13:36

CPAC 2021 - Page 3 Fqba6_uWYAMiK6I?format=jpg&name=small

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sun 5 Mar 2023 - 13:38

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:But also it’s a propaganda network, not a news network, so of course they wouldn’t report on it…. I just don’t think that other networks give their hosts carte Blanche to talk about an active lawsuit in live tv either.

Hosts don't have carte Blanche to talk about anything on most networks.  If they own the network or if they have it in their contracts, maybe.

There is a support staff of producers & directors which control what is broadcast.

Most shows are not live, so there is editing before we see it, and even live shows have at least a 7 second delay to be able to "beep" banned words or, if the owners decide, to have a censorship policy, to cut off topics that are not allowed.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on Sun 5 Mar 2023 - 13:42; edited 1 time in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 5 Mar 2023 - 13:40

aualum06 wrote:Will the Dems come up with a better plan than letting Joe Biden run for reelection?

Like what? If he wants to run, he’s going to run it’s a matter of if someone runs against him. The options are 1) someone like whitmer saying “I like a lot of what biden has done, I’m him but a younger version” or 2) someone more progressive challenging him from the left, though biden has been fairly progressive himself.

Both options lose to biden, and both options result in a) the candidate probably screwing up their political career b) probably damaging biden in the general.

I am not one of the dudes here with a biden shrine in my bedroom, but unless you can be more specific I’m not sure what put there really presents a better option.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 5 Mar 2023 - 13:42

Trapper Gus wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:But also it’s a propaganda network, not a news network, so of course they wouldn’t report on it…. I just don’t think that other networks give their hosts carte Blanche to talk about an active lawsuit in live tv either.

Hosts don't have carte Blanche to talk about anything on most networks. If they own the network or if they have it in their contracts, maybe.

There is a support staff of producers & directors which control what is broadcast.

Awesome, so do you have any specific examples of a network host talking about an active lawsuit that the host is party to or no
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sun 5 Mar 2023 - 13:51

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Hosts don't have carte Blanche to talk about anything on most networks. If they own the network or if they have it in their contracts, maybe.

Awesome, so do you have any specific examples of a network host talking about an active lawsuit that the host is party to or no

I'm pretty sure both CNN & tWoPo published or reported on the lawsuits regarding the kid in DC who was involved in a confrontation with the Native American activist and then went on the sue those organizations for reporting it. That is the high profile situation that comes to mind.

Fox and its ilk haven't ever reported that the law suit exists, let alone that the sworn dispositions show that their reporters, news show hosts, opinion show hosts, upper management and the owner all knew Fox was lying in their news reports and in other shows.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 5 Mar 2023 - 13:56

Jon Stewart
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 5 Mar 2023 - 14:26

aualum06 wrote:Will the Dems come up with a better plan than letting Joe Biden run for reelection?

The healing rock woman is going to run again. Maybe her 'essential oils for all' campaign will work this time.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sun 5 Mar 2023 - 14:41

Why?

The GOP isn't going after Biden, his son or his dead son because they think there is wrong doing. They are going to try and make Biden's last 18 months in office as hellish as possible in an attempt to degrade his health and/or just throw in the towel.

Biden vs a psychopathic liar like Trump, just a psychopath like DeSantis or one of the also rans like Sikh immigrant daughter Nikki Haley who showed up at CPAC who I suspect is setting herself up to be Trump's VP if he wins the GOP nomination.

FoxNews, OAN and every other media outfit that pays the bills by demonizing Democrats are going to do the same shit while they justify making words like eradicate acceptable in the daily vernacular when using as a verb aimed at groups they don't like.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sun 5 Mar 2023 - 15:06

GRR Spartan wrote:

Why?

The GOP isn't going after Biden, his son or his dead son because they think there is wrong doing. They are going to try and make Biden's last 18 months in office as hellish as possible in an attempt to degrade his health and/or just throw in the towel.

Biden vs a psychopathic liar like Trump, just a psychopath like DeSantis or one of the also rans like Sikh immigrant daughter Nikki Haley who showed up at CPAC who I suspect is setting herself up to be Trump's VP if he wins the GOP nomination.

FoxNews, OAN and every other media outfit that pays the bills by demonizing Democrats are going to do the same shit while they justify making words like eradicate acceptable in the daily vernacular when using as a verb aimed at groups they don't like.

Not sure who would be a younger Biden if Biden drops out. Harris seems to have some support...
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan Sun 5 Mar 2023 - 16:11

Trapper Gus wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

Why?

Not sure who would be a younger Biden if Biden drops out. Harris seems to have some support...

From WHOM? Immediate Harris family members don't count.

Nobody likes her. That would be a disaster.

If Biden doesn't run, watch for Gavin Newson to declare and become a leading candidate.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sun 5 Mar 2023 - 16:18

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

If Biden doesn't run, watch for Gavin Newson to declare and become a leading candidate.

I saw a recent poll where she had overwhelming support verses Pete Buticheck(sp). Not sure if others were included.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan Sun 5 Mar 2023 - 16:33

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

I saw a recent poll where she had overwhelming support verses Pete Buticheck(sp). Not sure if others were included.

And as I told you, I think that has more to do with Buttigieg than it does Harris. I LIKE mayor Pete, but there are a lot of folks who don't.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sun 5 Mar 2023 - 18:55

Na, dems have a deep bench.

AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3