Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CPAC 2021

+13
DWags
steveschneider
AvgMSUJoe
Cameron
Rocinante
MiamiSpartan
kingstonlake
Robert J Sakimano
Travis of the Cosmos
GRR Spartan
Jake from State Farm
Floyd Robertson
Turtleneck
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

CPAC 2021 - Page 2 Empty Re: CPAC 2021

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-03-01, 12:10

It just dawned on me that CPAC wasn't held at Mar a Trumpo. I wonders why not.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-03-01, 12:30

Floyd Robertson wrote:It just dawned on me that CPAC wasn't held at Mar a Trumpo. I wonders why not.

Not enough people wanted to pay the $200k entry fee?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-03-01, 13:58

Floyd Robertson wrote:It just dawned on me that CPAC wasn't held at Mar a Trumpo. I wonders why not.

By rule, Mar a Lago does not host comic-cons.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and Other Teams Pursuing That like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-03-01, 15:50

Have you seen some of the people attending? Eww, he doesn't want those half cocked, lunatic white trash crowd on his property.

And that's just the speakers at the event!
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2021-03-01, 20:32

Why didn't Trump tell the CPAC crowd he and Melania got their COVID vaccines while still living in The White House in January 2021?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-reportedly-got-covid-19-vaccine-in-january-before-leaving-white-house/ar-BB1e7NqO
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-03-01, 20:44

Gawd... They just use the rubes for their votes. They don't want them actually like around.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2021-03-01, 22:26

Saw where Pence was persona non grata but CPAC likes Ivanka as a candidate more than the former VP after 4 years of him kissing Trump's coattails.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2021-03-03, 10:20

Golden Trump statue update.

Turns out the statue was designed in Mexico and made in China.  
But no outrage from the CPAC attendees.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/cpac-trump-gold-statue-mexico-b1811720.html
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-03-03, 10:38

Half the party is still under the spell, the other half is pretending there’s no conflict between the halves. My suspicion is they will slowly coalesce behind the banner of block everything they can and say “nice bipartisanship, bro” for 2 years while they try to win back either or both houses. And it could easily work if Dems don’t pass HR1 and kill the filibuster.  The black vote will rightfully dwindle away if Dems don’t deliver.  Then they will lose for the next decade.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-03-03, 11:22

Rocinante wrote:Half the party is still under the spell, the other half is pretending there’s no conflict between the halves. My suspicion is they will slowly coalesce behind the banner of block everything they can and say “nice bipartisanship, bro” for 2 years while they try to win back either or both houses. And it could easily work if Dems don’t pass HR1 and kill the filibuster.  The black vote will rightfully dwindle away if Dems don’t deliver.  Then they will lose for the next decade.

This "If the non-dirtbag party doesn't do everything right I'll vote for the dirtbag party or not vote at all" attitude is very puzzling to me. The lesser of two evils is still less evil.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-03-03, 11:31

Heat Miser wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Half the party is still under the spell, the other half is pretending there’s no conflict between the halves. My suspicion is they will slowly coalesce behind the banner of block everything they can and say “nice bipartisanship, bro” for 2 years while they try to win back either or both houses. And it could easily work if Dems don’t pass HR1 and kill the filibuster.  The black vote will rightfully dwindle away if Dems don’t deliver.  Then they will lose for the next decade.

This "If the non-dirtbag party doesn't do everything right I'll vote for the dirtbag party or not vote at all" attitude is very puzzling to me. The lesser of two evils is still less evil.
Fixed it for you.

I don't see what's complicated about not voting for dems when they break almost every promise and are content with simply being a little better than Trump. But you're a bootlicker, so I get why that's a hard concept for you.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-03, 11:33

Cameron wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Fixed it for you.

I don't see what's complicated about not voting for dems when they break almost every promise and are content with simply being a little better than Trump. But you're a bootlicker, so I get why that's a hard concept for you.

The far left has been beating that drum since the 60's. Their resume of work is dividing the party and handing the GOP victories - a tradition like no other!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-03, 11:42

My take on CPAC is that Trump is like a worn out overplayed hit single that now makes everyone cringe. He lost by 7million votes but the betlway press is still obsessed with covering him. You didn't see Gore, McCain, Romney, Hillary or Bush Sr. get this type of coverage when they lost.

I think the GOP is just a bunch of ghouls figuring out a way to get his base and to work towards gerrymandering the black vote. Regarding Trump Jack kicking him off Twitter worked and I hope his ban is permanent.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-03-03, 12:04

Cameron wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Fixed it for you.

What?

Also, why do you find it necessary to always resort to name-calling?

When choosing between the wife beater & the guy who means well but tends to fuck up periodically, I'll take the latter.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-03-03, 12:45

Heat Miser wrote:
Cameron wrote:
Fixed it for you.

What?

Also, why do you find it necessary to always resort to name-calling?

When choosing between the wife beater & the guy who means well but tends to fuck up periodically, I'll take the latter.
"Almost every promise" was perhaps a bit hyperbolic. We've spent plenty of time fruitlessly discussing the $2000/$1400 issue. The unwillingness to challenge the parliamentarian on the $15 minimum wage might be a stretch to call a broken promise, but "parliamentarian said no, so we can't do anything" is exactly the sort of limp wristed ninny shit that people like me have come to expect of the Dems. Would Republicans just roll over if the parliamentarian told them they couldn't do tax cuts? Hell no, they'd fire that fucker and find someone who would tell them yes. Then there's things like promising to be a uniter, but nominating Neera fucking Tanden. Or this: Biden administration's push for standardized tests irks teachers unions, state leaders

The conflict puts a new spin on the standardized testing debate, which swelled in classrooms and school board meetings during the Bush and Obama administrations. Biden, by contrast, was a sharp critic of the exams during his presidential campaign. He once told a crowd of educators he’d end the use of standardized tests in public schools and suggested it would be a “big mistake” to attach teacher evaluations to student test scores.

So the Biden administration’s decision to press ahead with testing has irked the national teachers’ unions that supported his candidacy — and left some school leaders and testing skeptics worried any 2021 test results won’t offer a complete, meaningful or fair accounting of how childhood education has really fared during the pandemic.

And the Obama administration was gonna be the most transparent administration of all time, until it wasn't. Democrats were gonna do less drone strikes and war, until they did more. The point is that if Democrats are gonna be content to be just a little bit less terrible than the party of Trump, lots of people are just gonna stop giving a shit or believing that the government can do anything to help them. And they would be justified in doing so.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-03-03, 12:51

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:
Fixed it for you.

The far left has been beating that drum since the 60's. Their resume of work is dividing the party and handing the GOP victories - a tradition like no other!

This from the guy that attacks the left (members of his own party) repeatedly in nearly every thread.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-03-03, 13:03

Minus the boot locker comment, Cam is correct. Black voters (especially black women) are the reason ONCE AGAIN that democrats have power if they don’t use that power to meaningfully change black lives for the better, what the fuck reason would they have to vote? You don’t motivate people with “least worst” you motivate them by showing them they matter.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-03, 13:10

Rocinante wrote:Minus the boot locker comment, Cam is correct. Black voters (especially black women) are the reason ONCE AGAIN that democrats have power if they don’t use that power to meaningfully change black lives for the better, what the fuck reason would they have to vote? You don’t motivate people with “least worst” you motivate them by showing them they matter.

And you consider my takes awful. What’s the recent polling on Biden? You two are acting like he’s doing terribly.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-03, 13:11

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

This from the guy that attacks the left (members of his own party) repeatedly in nearly every thread.

I only critique what is toxic, self serving and destructive. I’ve gone after extremists on both sides of the aisle.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-03-03, 13:13

steveschneider wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Minus the boot locker comment, Cam is correct. Black voters (especially black women) are the reason ONCE AGAIN that democrats have power if they don’t use that power to meaningfully change black lives for the better, what the fuck reason would they have to vote? You don’t motivate people with “least worst” you motivate them by showing them they matter.

And you consider my takes awful. What’s the recent polling on Biden? You two are acting like he’s doing terribly.
What has Biden actually gotten done so far, steve?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-03-03, 13:21

He has time. But black activists aren’t falling for incremental bullshit this time. Must quash the voter suppression. Must increase wages. Must protect and enhance public education. Must eliminate healthcare disparities. He has time. But not a lot. And if the steves of the world blame the left when Dems lose, well what the fuck, that’s just admitting that Democratic power depends on the left vote. If you need them, why are you not compromising with them? That’s your favorite fucking word right steve? Compromise and build coalitions? So call your centrist fuck legislators and tell them they better do some goddamn coalition building or they will fucking lose badly and they will deserve it. Christ.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-03, 14:07

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

What has Biden actually gotten done so far, steve?

I don't know they just announced every American should be able to get vaccinated by May and before too long you will get $1400+$600. The bill was widely popular at around 80% across both parties.

If I want to look at how this country used to be run I can just look at good ol' Texas where they blame AOC and the Green Deal when their crummy power grid fails. No thanks.

All of our main concern should be to halt the voter suppression tactics the GOP is trying to roll out.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-03-03, 14:44

"by May"
"before too long"

So nothing yet, then.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-03-03, 15:26

So the Trumpsters have called for years to keep the Federal Government out of State affairs. Now it seems they're calling for President Biden to open up schools. Isn't it up to the States to do that or am I missing something?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-03-03, 15:32

Don't worry, everything will be fixed when Orange Fuckface becomes president again tomorrow.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-03, 15:50

Cameron wrote:"by May"
"before too long"

So nothing yet, then.

You realize the GOP has dragged their heels on the stimulus? It's going to happen.

Also, they've increased the vaccine supply and everyone is going to be able to get a shot by the end of may. What else do you want?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-03-03, 15:51

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:"by May"
"before too long"

So nothing yet, then.

You realize the GOP has dragged their heels on the stimulus? It's going to happen.

Also, they've increased the vaccine supply and everyone is going to be able to get a shot by the end of may. What else do you want?

Everyone should have been vaccinated on 1/20. Then stimulus on 1/21.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-03-03, 15:58

BTW & FYI...the Rs also had to make changes to their tax give away due to Senate parliamentarian rulings.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-01-05, 23:50

Why is it always, 100% of the time, these sicko ultra conservative creeps that end up being the person in these stories? Just over and over again, they keep doing this kinda shit

https://www.thedailybeast.com/herschel-walker-staffer-matt-schlapp-groped-my-crotch

(Schlapp is the head of cpac, thus the thread.) I’m sure a lot of it is the self loathing and never admitting to themselves who they are. Though I’d suspect it’s more about the power dynamics that get them off than it is about any specific gender
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-01-06, 08:02

CPAC

Name checks out.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-03-03, 13:20

This event gets worse each year.

[tw]1631701725898735635?s=20[/tw]

There is absolutely zero substance at this event. It's just people screaming about Marxism, Hunter Biden, and telling anybody who will listen the Democrats are destroying America.

[tw]1631716417572667392?s=20[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-03-03, 13:48

Turtleneck wrote:This event gets worse each year.

[tw]1631701725898735635?s=20[/tw]

There is absolutely zero substance at this event. It's just people screaming about Marxism, Hunter Biden, and telling anybody who will listen the Democrats are destroying America.

[tw]1631716417572667392?s=20[/tw]

The Lincoln Project missed with this one. Any RWNJ watching that will be riled up to go attack the capital again.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-03-03, 13:53

They don't need the LP to rile them up to consider political violence. The new GOP is already on the job.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2023-03-03, 16:51; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-03-03, 15:39

They’ve officially cut off Desantis nuts. Not that he ever had any.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-03-03, 17:31

Turtleneck wrote:They don't need the LP to rile them up to consider political violence. The new GOP is already on the job.

I'm just mad that while the LP ad documents their douchery it doesn't mock them directly, and thus will have no negative impact on them at all.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2023-03-04, 22:39

[tw]1631674934857482242?t=YYxxuFPk5T6m4ioJ142Kiw&s=19[/tw]
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-03-04, 23:24

Saturday 4 March 23, CPAC speaker Michael Knowles made a call to eradicate transgenderism.

Transgenderism must be eradicated from public life entirely

This is beginning to sound like 1933 Germany in the last months of the Weimar Republic.  People like Knowles, Taylor-Greene, Tucker Carlson and others start using words like eradicate and after awhile it’s acceptable.

Remember the words of Lutheran pastor Martin Niemoller who initially supported Hitler and was later arrested by the Nazi government because he opposed the government’s state control of the churches.

“First the came for the Socialists and I did not speak out because I wasn’t a Socialist.

Then the came for the Trade Unionists and I didn’t speak out because I wasn’t a Trade Unionist.

Then they came for the Jews and I didn’t speak out because I wasn’t Jewish.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak for me.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-03-05, 08:12

Everything I’ve read about CPAC 2023 is kind of disgusting. Is Trump actually getting crazier?!? WTF???
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-03-05, 08:23

TravelinMan wrote:Everything I’ve read about CPAC 2023 is kind of disgusting. Is Trump actually getting crazier?!? WTF???

Proving Bob is right.

There is a group of National Christian zealots who want to go back to the 19th century United States, post Reconstruction and pre-TR. Trump has tuned into their feelings.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-03-05, 08:37

Yeah it’s not trump. That’s just what being a conservative is now, whether other conservatives like it or not
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next