Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Men who wear jerseys: Cool guys to have a beer with or lost souls who need to get a life?

+9
WhiteBoyHatcher
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
Robert J Sakimano
tGreenWay
Motown Spartan
AvgMSUJoe
MiamiSpartan
Turtleneck
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Men who wear jerseys: Cool guys to have a beer with or lost souls who need to get a life? Empty Men who wear jerseys: Cool guys to have a beer with or lost souls who need to get a life?

Post by Turtleneck 2021-04-13, 17:41

The jersey is untucked, with no braided belt, no crocs, and no denim jeans with white New Balance shoes.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Men who wear jerseys: Cool guys to have a beer with or lost souls who need to get a life? Empty Re: Men who wear jerseys: Cool guys to have a beer with or lost souls who need to get a life?

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-04-13, 17:48

Who gives a fuck what kind of shirt someone wears?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates and CORNER BLITZ like this post

Back to top Go down

Men who wear jerseys: Cool guys to have a beer with or lost souls who need to get a life? Empty Re: Men who wear jerseys: Cool guys to have a beer with or lost souls who need to get a life?

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-04-13, 17:57

Are they assholes?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-04-13, 17:59

Wearing a jersey is a half ass way to cosplay.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-04-13, 17:59

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Are they assholes?

Yes, usually.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-04-13, 18:15

MiamiSpartan wrote:Who gives a fuck what kind of shirt someone wears?

Do you wear a lot of jerseys?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-04-13, 18:42

So my friends moved all over the country, my local friends are all now divorced from my wife's coworkers (essentially gone)...
If a dude drinks a beer and is semi amusing and not a blatant jackass, I could deal with a jersey. Something to be said for not giving a fuck about what others think.

(Own 0 jerseys, 2-4 Spartan shirts with 1-3 of them possibly cursed)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-04-13, 18:51

Are the jerseys adorned with pime numbers?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-04-13, 18:52

Are they also fully grown adult men who dress like superheroes and go out into public and insist that they're perfectly well-adjusted members of society?

If so, perfectly okay.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-04-13, 18:55

Turtleneck wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:Who gives a fuck what kind of shirt someone wears?

Do you wear a lot of jerseys?

Not at the same time, that would be ridiculous.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-04-13, 19:12

AvgMSUJoe wrote:So my friends moved all over the country, my local friends are all now divorced from my wife's coworkers (essentially gone)...
If a dude drinks a beer and is semi amusing and not a blatant jackass, I could deal with a jersey. Something to be said for not giving a fuck about what others think.

Even a UM jersey? Like a Woodson football jersey or Mo Wagner basketball jersey? Are you a blue? Becuase you sound like a blue right now.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-04-13, 19:31

I actually have a Chelsea FC jersey (when Samsung was the sponsor) that I bought at Stamford Bridge. I wore it a few times but mainly during the run-up to the Champions League title in 2012.

Probably haven't worn it but maybe once since.

(It's a Frankie Lampard shirt).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-04-13, 19:35

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I actually have a Chelsea FC jersey (when Samsung was the sponsor) that I bought at Stamford Bridge. I wore it a few times but mainly during the run-up to the Champions League title in 2012.

So, lost souls who need to get a life. Thanks for clarifying this for us Bob!
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-04-13, 19:41

Turtleneck wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:So my friends moved all over the country, my local friends are all now divorced from my wife's coworkers (essentially gone)...

Even a UM jersey? Like a Woodson football jersey or Mo Wagner basketball jersey? Are you a blue? Becuase you sound like a blue right now.
That's just stupid talk right there.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-04-13, 19:43

I have a Charlie batch lions jersey I got when he was the quarterback for like 7 games when I was 13. Still fits (as of like 7 years ago the last time I saw it.)

Come to think about it I may not have that anymore.

I also have a Liverpool jersey that I sparsely wear. Tbh it’s kinda hard to find soccer merch that isn’t a jersey that isn’t lame. It does not have a name on it
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-04-13, 19:43

Upon reflection I definitely have the Charlie batch jersey I just don’t know where. There’s no way I got rid of it. Too priceless
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

CORNER BLITZ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-04-13, 19:43

depends on their personality/character.. i think some jerseys look swag. but i also cringe at the double/triple/quad/dwags bill, but that doesn't mean i won't have a beer with dwags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-04-13, 20:38

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I have a Charlie batch lions jersey I got when he was the quarterback for like 7 games when I was 13. Still fits (as of like 7 years ago the last time I saw it.)

Come to think about it I may not have that anymore.

I also have a Liverpool jersey that I sparsely wear. Tbh it’s kinda hard to find soccer merch that isn’t a jersey that isn’t lame. It does not have a name on it

Soccer jerseys are basically just regular shirts anyway. Remove the team info and name/number and no one would think you're wearing a jersey. The same can't be said for football, hockey, or baseball jerseys.

I've never been one to wear jerseys on a regular day, just to games sometimes, which is a rare occasion. But in my closet, I have an MSU hockey jersey from 1991, a Red Wings Konstantinov jersey from 1996, and Man United jerseys from 1995 and 1997. They're all still in amazing shape since I hardly ever wear them. Maybe to a game if the Wings are in town or a couple of times that United have been in town.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-04-13, 20:53

i disagree trav, just takes some digging re: soccer gear. i've got a nice hat. thinking a nice crewneck that just says "TOTTENHAM" next. simplicity and subtle is the goal here, IMO.

so is there a different judgement if there is no name on the back of jerseys? does that make it better for those who scoff?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-04-13, 20:57

I’ve got an AFC Richmond jersey.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-04-13, 21:11

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:i disagree trav, just takes some digging re: soccer gear. i've got a nice hat. thinking a nice crewneck that just says "TOTTENHAM" next. simplicity and subtle is the goal here, IMO.

so is there a different judgement if there is no name on the back of jerseys? does that make it better for those who scoff?

I dunno man I’ve got a cool light jacket thing but beyond that (and the jersey) most of the stuff I find just strikes me as way too busy
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2021-04-13, 21:15

I sleep bare assed naked in an oversized Big Ben Roethelisberger jersey every night..
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-04-13, 21:16

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I sleep bare assed naked in an oversized Big Ben Roethelisberger jersey every night..

Men who wear jerseys: Cool guys to have a beer with or lost souls who need to get a life? 3434560931
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-04-13, 22:05

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I sleep bare assed naked in an oversized Big Ben Roethelisberger jersey every night..

Great job wbh you just set off like 15 consecutive days of greenway bumping that goddamn trash scum of a thread about Big Ben. He usually forgets for a long while but as soon as someone reminds him there we all go, having to read it yet again.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, Other Teams Pursuing That, tGreenWay and WhiteBoyHatcher like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-04-13, 22:55

Two Dutch soccer jerseys. One All-Blacks and one English Rose rugby jersey. No names on the back, because that is weird.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-04-13, 23:02

Not a jersey or sweater guy personally, but I have no problem with those guys who wear em I guess. Not my thing.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-04-13, 23:39

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Upon reflection I definitely have the Charlie batch jersey I just don’t know where. There’s no way I got rid of it. Too priceless

He is definitely the Lions quarterback of the future from the past.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-04-13, 23:43

Men who wear jerseys: Cool guys to have a beer with or lost souls who need to get a life? 2175295500
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-04-14, 01:07

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Great job wbh you just set off like 15 consecutive days of greenway bumping that goddamn trash scum of a thread about Big Ben. He usually forgets for a long while but as soon as someone reminds him there we all go, having to read it yet again.

Bumping that thread was mostly for Pylon’s benefit. He loved that thread.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-04-14, 08:31

Motown Spartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I actually have a Chelsea FC jersey (when Samsung was the sponsor) that I bought at Stamford Bridge. I wore it a few times but mainly during the run-up to the Champions League title in 2012.

So, lost souls who need to get a life. Thanks for clarifying this for us Bob!
I am a lost soul and I'm so far away from having a life I can't even see the ocean of life from where I stand.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Motown Spartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-04-14, 08:36

I wear rock and roll shirts. Stones The Who Seger. Right now I have a Bob Marley hoodie on. It’s comfie.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-04-14, 08:56

DWags wrote:I wear rock and roll shirts. Stones The Who Seger. Right now I have a Bob Marley hoodie on. It’s comfie.
at last count I had 37 band/concert t-shirts.

not a big hoodie fan, though - they're a little bulky. I have a few, of course, but I don't wear them as a matter of being comfy. I have a couple of nice lined Wrangler flannel shirts - they have cozy, quilted lining. Those are my go-to for comfort.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2021-04-14, 08:57

Dwags

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-04-14, 09:00

Crewnecks over hoodies all day
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-04-14, 09:53

Concert Ts have been trash the last handful of shows I've been to. Raconteurs had a cool one and I got it, but the sizing was jacked and the wife sleeps in it now. Most of the recent ones I own I got home and reconsidered wearing them.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-04-14, 10:41

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Concert Ts have been trash the last handful of shows I've been to. Raconteurs had a cool one and I got it, but the sizing was jacked and the wife sleeps in it now. Most of the recent ones I own I got home and reconsidered wearing them.
I gotta make sure they're the right blend and fit. Between the concert shirt and trucker hat selection, I can almost always find what I'm looking for.

I miss standing in line at the merch table. No
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-04-14, 10:43

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Crewnecks over hoodies all day

Obviously, I think there is a better option available for both.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-04-14, 10:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:I wear rock and roll shirts. Stones The Who Seger. Right now I have a Bob Marley hoodie on. It’s comfie.
at last count I had 37 band/concert t-shirts.

not a big hoodie fan, though - they're a little bulky. I have a few, of course, but I don't wear them as a matter of being comfy. I have a couple of nice lined Wrangler flannel shirts - they have cozy, quilted lining. Those are my go-to for comfort.

Tune in tomorrow for another episode of What’s in Bob & DWags’ closet!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-04-14, 10:52

Turtleneck wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Crewnecks over hoodies all day

Obviously, I think there is a better option available for both.

Nobody else wants to hear about your muscle t-shirt collection, Turtleneck.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-04-14, 12:51

Sounds like a hell of a band.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next