Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vaccine Passports? What say you?

+18
RQA
Trapper Gus
AvgMSUJoe
Dendrobates
kingstonlake
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
Travis of the Cosmos
Jake from State Farm
WhiteBoyHatcher
tGreenWay
GRR Spartan
MiamiSpartan
Heat Miser
InTenSity
Cameron
Turtleneck
DWags
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Vaccine Passports?  What say you?  Empty Vaccine Passports? What say you?

Post by DWags 2021-05-09, 13:00

Frankly, I don’t have a problem with them at this point as long as they have a shelf life.  I do t know about when we’ll reach that herd immunity but at that point maybe we can stop the need for them. Till then, I really want to be in Spartan stadium and not paranoid.  Same with some concerts.  

This law maker says no to them period.

https://www.wxyz.com/news/state-lawmaker-pushing-to-ban-vaccine-passports-from-government-entities-in-michigan

Last edited by DWags on 2021-05-09, 13:20; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Vaccine Passports?  What say you?  Empty Re: Vaccine Passports? What say you?

Post by Turtleneck 2021-05-09, 13:04

What day are you asking about?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-05-09, 13:13

I didn't read the article in the OP. I oppose government imposed vaccine passports, but if airlines or other private businesses want to institute something like that, I have no problem with it.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

NumbersDude likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2021-05-09, 13:49

I'm all for them. Fuck you for not getting it. I have friends and family refusing to get out for different reasons. Maybe if things open up and they're unable to participate it might chang their mind. I just hate that religious reasons is the new excuse to be an. Asshole.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-05-09, 13:54

InTenSity wrote:I'm all for them. Fuck you for not getting it. I have friends and family refusing to get out for different reasons. Maybe if things open up and they're unable to participate it might chang their mind. I just hate that religious reasons is the new excuse to be an. Asshole.

New? It's been an excuse of 1000's of years to be an asshole.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-05-09, 14:20

No shirt, no shoes, no vaccine, no service.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Floyd Robertson, tGreenWay, Motown Spartan, AvgMSUJoe, GRR Spartan and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-05-09, 20:11

I think it is still kind of tough to implement that while kids do not have the option to get the vaccine. But businesses should have the right to choose for themselves.

And once kids can get the vaccine, then I feel like I should stop caring if people refuse it. Let people get sick if they are consciously being an idiot. All this depends, of course, on the distribution and efficacy of booster shots if they are, in fact, needed.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

NumbersDude likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2021-05-09, 20:39

I spect to see cruise ships require vaccines and European governments to require proof of vaccination. Canada is looking at it too.

Mexico will be the new vacation destination for the Freedom crowd. Ted Cruz will be an endorser.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-05-09, 20:48

We’re a long way from herd immunity, DWags. Unlikely to ever get there. The inmates are running the asylum.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

DWags and GRR Spartan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-05-09, 22:41

GRR Spartan wrote:I spect to see cruise ships require vaccines and European governments to require proof of vaccination. Canada is looking at it too.

Mexico will be the new vacation destination for the Freedom crowd. Ted Cruz will be an endorser.

Cruise ships leaving from Florida ports (the majority of US based cruises) are not allowed to require vaccine passports per an order from DeathSantis (maybe passed by the state legislature, as well, I forget). Norwegian Cruise Lines last week actually threatened to pull out of Florida ports completely if they don't rescind that or make an exception for cruises.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2021-05-09, 22:47

Can you imagine ever wanting to go on a cruise again after this? Not like a cruise would have been high on my pre pandemic wish list, but now??
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-05-10, 07:41

MiamiSpartan wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:I spect to see cruise ships require vaccines and European governments to require proof of vaccination. Canada is looking at it too.

Cruise ships leaving from Florida ports (the majority of US based cruises) are not allowed to require vaccine passports per an order from DeathSantis (maybe passed by the state legislature, as well, I forget). Norwegian Cruise Lines last week actually threatened to pull out of Florida ports completely if they don't rescind that or make an exception for cruises.

A couple cities in Florida have dumped a boatload of money into upgrading their ports for the cruise ship business. I can't imagine this is going to go over very well.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-05-10, 08:18

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Can you imagine ever wanting to go on a cruise again after this? Not like a cruise would have been high on my pre pandemic wish list, but now??

I went on one in 2013 and it was really fun tbh but that was mostly because I went with some college friends and we just drank 12-16 hours a day for 7 straight days. I imagine we could have done the same at an all inclusive. Anyway now that I’m pretty sure that my body would explode if I tried to drink that much in 7 days again I don’t think it would be as much fun.

I’m all for businesses requiring proof of vaccine and I really don’t give a shit about what anti vax folk think about it because they don’t give a shit what I think about anything so why should I care what they think. Fuck em
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-05-10, 09:32

I totally support vaccine passports.. I think they would be a great way to make society safer and more transparent as we move forward.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-05-10, 09:34

also, it's funny that the racists who want to required voter ID's in order to exercise your constitutional right to vote are upset with vaccine passports to allow you to go to a place that is not protected by the constitution.

Freedom. Vaccine Passports?  What say you?  502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Jake from State Farm likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-05-10, 10:14

No problem with businesses requiring them.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-05-10, 10:37

Smart people are vaccinated.

Dumb people are not.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Dendrobates likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2021-05-12, 19:47

I'm good with it.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-05-12, 20:27

ships bypassing florida
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-05-12, 20:42

AvgMSUJoe wrote:ships bypassing florida
good.

Crazy world when the cruise ship industry takes health and wellness more serious than the "pro-life" governor of Florida does.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Vaccine Passports?  What say you?  Empty Looks Like the Un-Vaxxed are Dragging the Economy Down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-12, 09:22

Unvaccinated workers, particularly low-wage earners, were much more likely to miss a full week of work because they had COVID symptoms or were caring for someone with symptoms — even before Omicron, according to a new analysis of December Census data.

Why it matters: Worker absences are causing widespread societal dysfunction — school and day care closures, stores with unstocked shelves, etc.

Missing work for these folks typically means missing pay: Only 33% of low-income workers get paid sick leave.
The numbers come from labor economist Aaron Sojourner of the University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management, and Julia Raifman, a health policy researcher at Boston University who also heads up the COVID-19 U.S. State Policy Database.

The bigger picture: There’s a wide gap in vaccination status between rich and poor and it's hurting everyone.

41% of working-age Americans who earn more than $100,000 are vaxxed and boosted; compared to less than 18% for those earning $50,000 or less, according to Raifman and Sojourner’s analysis.
There's room for growth: 12% of unvaxxed adults, earning less than $25,000, said they want or would consider a vaccine.

What to watch: Data from early January will track whether Omicron forced a growing percentage of vaccinated workers to miss more work.

https://www.axios.com/worker-shortage-coronavirus-pandemic-242d47c6-c95a-41b5-9a3a-5747bc711ff3.html
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-01-12, 09:31

Speaking as someone who was vaccinated early and is boosted, given that the vaccines are not effective against Omicron variant there is no point to a vaccine passport other than power and control.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-01-12, 09:38

“Given that *something that’s wildly inaccurate that I made up in my head* here’s what I think” certainly is one way to construct an argument
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-01-12, 09:46

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:“Given that *something that’s wildly inaccurate that I made up in my head* here’s what I think” certainly is one way to construct an argument

Can't we just be happy that he's not posting racist dog whistle nonsense? I much prefer his made up non racist shit vs made up racist shit.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-12, 09:52

RQA wrote:Speaking as someone who was vaccinated early and is boosted, given that the vaccines are not as effective against Omicron variant there is no point to a vaccine passport other than power and control.  

Corrected for accuracy ...

FWIW a majority of the people having serious issues with Omicron are those who are not vaccinated.  Those who have been had a third jab are even less likely to have issues.

So, if by power and control you mean the power and control to keep the general population safer, then yes.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-01-12, 09:58

Not in the US.

In the US our best hope is anti-vaxxers die off and those promoting that stance are exposed to have been vaccinated while encouraging others to play the odds.

Vaccination passports will be decided by other countries, not in the US.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-01-12, 10:08

totally down with vaccine passports, but I prefer vaccine mandates across the board.

of course, I also value freedom, health and life... which makes me a horrible American in the eyes of republicans.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-01-12, 10:56

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Fuck em

I just want to reaffirm, and even strengthen, this as my stance toward anti vax people as it relates to vaccine passports.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-01-12, 13:05

RQA wrote:Speaking as someone who was vaccinated early and is boosted, given that the vaccines are not [b]effective[b] against Omicron variant there is no point to a vaccine passport other than power and control.  

Why do you insist on saying half truths, out of context statements, etc.?  Is a little intellectual honesty too much to ask for?

Can you catch the omicron variant if vaccinated?  Of course.  Are you less likely to catch it if vaccinated?  Also, of course. Are you less likely to transmit it to others? Again, of course.

But most importantly, if you are vaccinated, you are MANY TIMES less likely to end up hospitalized, and especially to die.

Vaccines are absolutely effective against omicron.  If you think that "effective" means no one can get it, then the MMR, polio, etc. vaccines are not effective either.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-01-12, 13:21

MiamiSpartan wrote:
RQA wrote:Speaking as someone who was vaccinated early and is boosted, given that the vaccines are not [b]effective[b] against Omicron variant there is no point to a vaccine passport other than power and control.  

Why do you insist on saying half truths, out of context statements, etc.?  Is a little intellectual honesty too much to ask for?

Can you catch the omicron variant if vaccinated?  Of course.  Are you less likely to catch it if vaccinated?  Also, of course. Are you less likely to transmit it to others? Again, of course.

But most importantly, if you are vaccinated, you are MANY TIMES less likely to end up hospitalized, and especially to die.

Vaccines are absolutely effective against omicron.  If you think that "effective" means no one can get it, then the MMR, polio, etc. vaccines are not effective either.

I honestly don’t understand people who do that? Is it for their benefit? Does it help them believe their position? Is it because the internet allows them to be less accurate with facts because we aren’t face to face? Nobody expects everyone every time to be bullseye accurate, but when you do this on a consistent basis you wonder why?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan and GRR Spartan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-22, 21:15

DWags wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

I honestly don’t understand people who do that? Is it for their benefit? Does it help them believe their position? Is it because the internet allows them to be less accurate with facts because we aren’t face to face? Nobody expects everyone every time to be bullseye accurate, but when you do this on a consistent basis you wonder why?

The flaws in binary logic are well known by the expects and poorly understood by others, if at all.

Bulls Eyes depend on the cross wind amount other things.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-01-23, 11:44

MiamiSpartan wrote:  If you think that "effective" means no one can get it, then the MMR, polio, etc. vaccines are not effective either.

I am assuming that under "etc" you include:
Hepatitis A
Hepatitis B
Tetanus
Whooping Cough
Pneumoncoccus
Rotovirus
Chicken Pox
Diptheria
Smallpox

Vaccines for all of these are "effective".   No one tells me that I must take any measures to keep from getting all of these diseases.  Why?  Because the vaccines against them are effective.

The more stuff you tell me that as a triple vaccinated COVID person I must do to keep from getting COVID the less effective the vaccine seems to actually be.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-24, 08:46

RQA wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:  If you think that "effective" means no one can get it, then the MMR, polio, etc. vaccines are not effective either.

I am assuming that under "etc" you include:
Hepatitis A
Hepatitis B
Tetanus
Whooping Cough
Pneumoncoccus
Rotovirus
Chicken Pox
Diptheria
Smallpox

Vaccines for all of these are "effective".   No one tells me that I must take any measures to keep from getting all of these diseases.  Why?  Because the vaccines against them are effective.

The more stuff you tell me that as a triple vaccinated COVID person I must do to keep from getting COVID the less effective the vaccine seems to actually be.

Vaccines are only as effective as their ability to limit transmission of the disease to that there aver very few cases to transmit from.  With almost 50% of the Republicans refusing to take the jab the best that the current covid vaccines can do is keep most vaccinated people from getting covid and most that do get ti out of the hospital, which you know, which is why you have kept you vaccination history up to date.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude 2022-05-07, 02:05

Irony.
When it comes to my body my choice it only applies if it fits your political party's platform.

.gov should NOT mandate any vaccine.
.gov should keep abortion legal.

If you dont like abortion- dont get one.
If you like the vaccines get one.

Dont force people to do things to their bodies they dont want to.
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-05-07, 07:08

Not getting a vaccine negatively impacts others.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-05-07, 07:19

NumbersDude wrote:Irony.
When it comes to my body my choice it only applies if it fits your political party's platform.

Do you understand what vaccination is supposed to do and how pretty much mandatory vaccinations in the US wiped out measles & polio?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude 2022-05-07, 08:34

Trapper Gus wrote:
NumbersDude wrote:Irony.

Do you understand what vaccination is supposed to do and how pretty much mandatory vaccinations in the US wiped out measles & polio?

I am vaccinated. I understand how vaccines work. But, I also understand that people have different views on them. No one should be forced to take them.
My body my choice right? I am pointing out the hypocrisy of people.
While I do voluntarily take vaccines- people should have a choice.
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude 2022-05-07, 08:43

MiamiSpartan wrote:Not getting a vaccine negatively impacts others.

Not being vaccinate “could” possibly impact others. We don’t know if a person is isolated from others.

What about instantly terminating a fetus. The same people that use the argument of my body my choice- are in direct contradiction with vaccine mandates from the government.

I am pro choice when it comes to abortion- but I would not recommend it in all cases.
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-05-07, 08:50

NumbersDude wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I am vaccinated. I understand how vaccines work. But, I also understand that people have different views on them. No one should be forced to take them.
My body my choice right? I am pointing out the hypocrisy of people.
While I do voluntarily take vaccines- people should have a choice.

Abortion: doesn't impact others
Communicable Disease: impacts others

I know math is hard but for a self proclaimed "NumbersDude" this should be simple.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-05-07, 08:51

NumbersDude wrote:I am pro choice when it comes to abortion- but I would not recommend it in all cases.

Your sexism and misogyny are showing again.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next