Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If SRC is still alive, can someone ask him to pay forumotion so we can get rid of the ads?

+12
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
SeeRockCity
Dendrobates
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
Heat Miser
Floyd Robertson
DWags
AvgMSUJoe
Other Teams Pursuing That
tGreenWay
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

If SRC is still alive, can someone ask him to pay forumotion so we can get rid of the ads?  Empty If SRC is still alive, can someone ask him to pay forumotion so we can get rid of the ads?

Post by tGreenWay Tue 25 May 2021 - 3:01

Like the swans returning to capiswallow, this happens every May. I’ll kick in money if he wants.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

If SRC is still alive, can someone ask him to pay forumotion so we can get rid of the ads?  Empty Re: If SRC is still alive, can someone ask him to pay forumotion so we can get rid of the ads?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 25 May 2021 - 8:09

Bump
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

If SRC is still alive, can someone ask him to pay forumotion so we can get rid of the ads?  Empty Re: If SRC is still alive, can someone ask him to pay forumotion so we can get rid of the ads?

Post by AvgMSUJoe Tue 25 May 2021 - 9:25

I will venmo someone upwards of $20 to get rid of the ads.

TIA.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Floyd Robertson and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 25 May 2021 - 9:33

I’ll Venmo 20 bucks to find out how SRC is doing.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 25 May 2021 - 9:36

I will PayPayl upwards of $20 to end this ad nightmare #ScrewSRC
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Tue 25 May 2021 - 9:53

Is he on the other board? If so, does somebody want to PM him over there?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 25 May 2021 - 9:55

heat i mean this as a compliment but why hasn't he just handed you the keys
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 28 May 2021 - 18:45

What’s up with SRC? Anybody? I mean I’d like to know if he’s gone to the Himalayan’s with Timothy Leary it became radicalized in Afghanistan or maybe sells flowers in the Keys.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri 28 May 2021 - 19:08

After polishing up that Airstream he headed out for Route 66 with some Beatnik poets and got lost.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 28 May 2021 - 20:24

From my occasional browsing on TOB, he will post every once in a long while, but can’t recall how long since I’ve seen his name.
BTW Heat, my understanding is only VIPs can send PMs now, but I’ve never tried to confirm that.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Fri 28 May 2021 - 21:01

I got a 1 month trial VIP so my daughter could read the tributes to her recently departed father-in-law.  He was a regular on 247’s Auburn Underground and all the boards are VIP)

I just pm’ed SRC and told him to get ahold of Heat Miser or DWags and let them know where to send money to make the ads go away.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 28 May 2021 - 23:42

tGreenWay wrote:From my occasional browsing.

You’re not fooling anybody.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 29 May 2021 - 4:09

Rocinante wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:From my occasional browsing.

You’re not fooling anybody.

It’s true. I am g.Host.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Tue 24 Aug 2021 - 9:22

Anyone work on this?

BTW, the little "new" posts indicator on my browser went away. (which sucks) Just me or the wonders of forumotion?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 24 Aug 2021 - 9:24

Give the keys to heat!!!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 24 Aug 2021 - 10:32

From something I read on the forumotion faqs page, Heat can ask to be given the keys to the kingdom because SRC hasn’t posted in over six months. That’s the threshold forumotion established when considering if a board ‘owner’ has abandoned the site.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 24 Aug 2021 - 10:41

ive sent the bat signal or whatever the fuck it's called in batman

https://247sports.com/college/michigan-state/board/93/Contents/has-anyone-seen-seerockcity-169569711/?page=1
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 24 Aug 2021 - 10:43

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:ive sent the bat signal or whatever the fuck it's called in batman

https://247sports.com/college/michigan-state/board/93/Contents/has-anyone-seen-seerockcity-169569711/?page=1

I think they call it the Yoo-hoo.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Tue 24 Aug 2021 - 12:19

Everyone venmo me $20.

And I will have your $20.

TIA
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Tue 24 Aug 2021 - 12:41

Sorry guys.

I lurk a bit on TOS just to keep up with MSU sports, but I've been perma-banned from posting there after Tanfan doxxed me and I then doxxed Gary (who was a mod at the time) because he basically let a (really old and terrible) photo of me sit around in a thread forever without doing anything about it.  He just kept posting as if nothing happened.  That was a couple years ago.  Since then, I just lurk.

I know, cool story bro.  

As I mentioned in the other thread.  I'm happy to "turn over the keys" to whomever.  I have always maintained that I have no ownership over this site, I just happened to be the one who clicked the button to start it.  TBH, Heat has probably put more time and effort into it than I ever did.

And DWags, I'm doing fine!  Kids are healthy, marriage is solid (at least that's what I tell myself), work is going well.  Covid has me eating and drinking like a downriver Walverine, but I starting to claw my way out of the rut.

Hope everyone here is doing well.  Love you guys.

Go Green!

P.S. - For future reference, it only costs $50-$75 per year to turn the ads off. In the past, I've just paid it, but moving forward, you guys might want to come up with a donate strategy if I'm not around. I am getting a little old, you never know when I might kick off :)
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Floyd Robertson, Other Teams Pursuing That, tGreenWay and Dendrobates like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 24 Aug 2021 - 12:45

Glad you're good. Did you ever take a shower?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Tue 24 Aug 2021 - 12:46

Turtleneck wrote:Glad you're good. Did you ever take a shower?

Yes, and thank you.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Tue 24 Aug 2021 - 12:49

P.S. - For future reference, it only costs $50-$75 per year to turn the ads off. In the past, I've just paid it, but moving forward, you guys might want to come up with a donate strategy if I'm not around. I am getting a little old, you never know when I might kick off :)
Dendro got all my money on da venmo.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 24 Aug 2021 - 12:49

SeeRockCity wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Glad you're good. Did you ever take a shower?

Yes, and thank you.

Hey!!!!
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 24 Aug 2021 - 12:51

Oh src one thing while you’re still here on the ads- i think we just don’t even know how to turn them off. We’ll just give the bill to the most downvoted poster or something, that’s no problem, but we don’t know where the money needs to go
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 24 Aug 2021 - 12:51

SeeRockCity wrote:Sorry guys.

I lurk a bit on TOS just to keep up with MSU sports, but I've been perma-banned from posting there after Tanfan doxxed me and I then doxxed Gary (who was a mod at the time) because he basically let a (really old and terrible) photo of me sit around in a thread forever without doing anything about it.  He just kept posting as if nothing happened.  That was a couple years ago.  Since then, I just lurk.

I know, cool story bro.  

As I mentioned in the other thread.  I'm happy to "turn over the keys" to whomever.  I have always maintained that I have no ownership over this site, I just happened to be the one who clicked the button to start it.  TBH, Heat has probably put more time and effort into it than I ever did.

And DWags, I'm doing fine!  Kids are healthy, marriage is solid (at least that's what I tell myself), work is going well.  Covid has me eating and drinking like a downriver Walverine, but I starting to claw my way out of the rut.

Go Green!

When is the money due and who do I venmo? It will be exciting to Venmo somebody besides my daughters
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Tue 24 Aug 2021 - 12:57

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Oh src one thing while you’re still here on the ads- i think we just don’t even know how to turn them off. We’ll just give the bill to the most downvoted poster or something, that’s no problem, but we don’t know where the money needs to go

In the Admin panel, in the "Misc" tab, there is a link to "Spend Credits". It is there you can find your way to the forummotion packages options and upgrade our package to the one where you can opt to turn off ads. You will have to purchase credits before you can spend them. There's a link to buy credits using PayPal.

It's really not that hard.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 24 Aug 2021 - 12:59

sounds like we can just get heat the $ and he takes it from there thank you SRC
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 24 Aug 2021 - 13:00

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:sounds like we can just get heat the $ and he takes it from there thank you SRC

Yeah. Thanks for the info src that’s very helpful
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Tue 24 Aug 2021 - 13:09

SeeRockCity wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Oh src one thing while you’re still here on the ads- i think we just don’t even know how to turn them off. We’ll just give the bill to the most downvoted poster or something, that’s no problem, but we don’t know where the money needs to go

In the Admin panel, in the "Misc" tab, there is a link to "Spend Credits". It is there you can find your way to the forummotion packages options and upgrade our package to the one where you can opt to turn off ads. You will have to purchase credits before you can spend them. There's a link to buy credits using PayPal.

I've tried. Only the owner can do it.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 24 Aug 2021 - 15:07

Very nice to learn you’re not dead, SRC. I really wondered if maybe you’d done get got by the covid.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 24 Aug 2021 - 15:09

SeeRockCity wrote:

I’ll bet my wife wishes she could upgrade my package, and…
that’s what she said.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 24 Aug 2021 - 15:18

SeeRockCity wrote:Sorry guys.

I know, cool story bro.  

Go Green!

Tanfan and Moose playing the victim is ironic/hilarious.

Hope all is well. Is the TE from Milton any good?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 24 Aug 2021 - 15:20

Hi SRC! To everyone else, it’s just a banner at the top of the page for me. Not a big deal. Do you get something else?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 24 Aug 2021 - 15:25

Rocinante wrote:Hi SRC! To everyone else, it’s just a banner at the top of the page for me. Not a big deal. Do you get something else?

On mobile, there’s the top of page banner and a floating ad that covers the bottom. If you’re trying to post, it blocks the view of what you’re writing unless you hit the X to make it disappear. In and of itself, it’s not a huge issue, but the pop up appears every single time the page refreshes. It quickly gets to be a pita.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 24 Aug 2021 - 15:25

Rocinante wrote:Hi SRC! To everyone else, it’s just a banner at the top of the page for me. Not a big deal. Do you get something else?

Same here, but GreenWay is a little picky.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 24 Aug 2021 - 15:26

tGreenWay wrote:

On mobile, there’s the top of page banner and a floating ad that covers the bottom. If you’re trying to post, it blocks the view of what you’re writing unless you hit the X to make it disappear. In and of itself, it’s not a huge issue, but the pop up appears every single time the page refreshes. It quickly gets to be a pita.

Have you given any consideration to the idea of not posting anymore?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 24 Aug 2021 - 15:26

Turtleneck wrote:

Same here, but GreenWay is a little picky.

That’s a hurtful thing to say. I’m more than a little picky, bruh.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 24 Aug 2021 - 15:27

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Have you given any consideration to the idea of not posting anymore?

Only when you show up on the site.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 24 Aug 2021 - 15:27

Mrs GreenWay is either a fictional person or the greatest human to ever live. There is no inbetween at this point.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos and gomersbro like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next