Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tim Allen was back in Michigan last week

+9
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
Floyd Robertson
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
kingstonlake
AvgMSUJoe
SawGreen
The Pantry
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tim Allen was back in Michigan last week Empty Tim Allen was back in Michigan last week

Post by The Pantry 2021-05-27, 19:00

Long watch and listen, but worth the time IMO. No politics.

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Tim Allen was back in Michigan last week Empty Re: Tim Allen was back in Michigan last week

Post by SawGreen 2021-05-27, 19:06

I've always thought he was a pretty good dude. If you listen to any in depth interview, he has some life experience and opinions some will not agree with. But, he's his own dude, and I respect that in his profession.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Tim Allen was back in Michigan last week Empty Re: Tim Allen was back in Michigan last week

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-05-27, 19:22

I think he's drunk or something on the A&E show... Doesn't sound as clearheaded as this...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-05-27, 20:11

The Pantry wrote:Long watch and listen, but worth the time IMO. No politics.

Are you sure you can contain yourself?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-05-27, 20:28

Rat
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-05-27, 20:34

My cousin was back in Michigan last week.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-05-27, 20:42

kingstonlake wrote:My cousin was back in Michigan last week.

How is your cousin doing? It's been a while since I've seen your cousin. I've been meaning to call.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-05-27, 20:49

Turtleneck wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:My cousin was back in Michigan last week.

How is your cousin doing? It's been a while since I've seen your cousin. I've been meaning to call.

He’s good. Came back to the state to rat out some “business partners”. Hit em up.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-05-27, 20:55

So much snark from the usual dipshits doesn't surprise me. You didn't watch it.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-05-27, 21:11

I’d RATher watch something else. Is that a crime? Jeez, have some coke and a smile.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-05-27, 21:40

Tim Allen was back in Michigan last week 502811600 At least one of you is aware you're a dipshit.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-05-27, 22:28

kingstonlake wrote:I’d RATher watch something else. Is that a crime? Jeez, have some coke and a smile.

I don’t like Tim Allen. Lock me up, I guess.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-05-27, 22:57

And the other is still in denial and eating tofu Tim Allen was back in Michigan last week 502811600
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-05-27, 23:10

The Pantry wrote:And the other is still in denial and eating tofu Tim Allen was back in Michigan last week 502811600

Nothing you're saying right now makes sense, but I am happy that it is amusing you and bringing joy to your life.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-05-27, 23:32

Turtleneck wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:I’d RATher watch something else. Is that a crime? Jeez, have some coke and a smile.

I don’t like Tim Allen. Lock me up, I guess.

If you apologize for not giving a damn about a guy with a former TV series on hallmark who was in Michigan a while back, we’ll let you off with time served. Put your kid gloves on next time please. lol!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-05-28, 02:22

The Pantry wrote:So much snark from the usual dipshits doesn't surprise me. You didn't watch it.

As a general rule, I’d rather pull out a small piece of brain through my nose than watch a graduation speech. Feel free to summarize why you think people should take the time m but asking people to waste 20 minutes on a graduation speech isn’t realistic pantry
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-05-28, 05:54

I’d decided to waste my time and read the mlive article on it.

Apparently he quoted Buzz light year.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-05-28, 07:37

Doesn't he still have his compound in West Bloomfield, Commerce Lake or some shit?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-05-28, 07:55

I like tofu.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-05-28, 08:20

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I like tofu.

Never had it. Recommendation?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-05-28, 08:32

kingstonlake wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I like tofu.

Never had it. Recommendation?

It makes a nice "turkey".

Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-07-06, 17:33

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2022/07/tim-allens-yacht-spills-diesel-into-up-north-michigan-marina.html?outputType=amp
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-07-06, 17:44

Tim Allen is a snitch.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-07-06, 17:50

Turtleneck wrote:Tim Allen is a snitch.

And a fish and duck murderer.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2022-07-06, 18:48

kingstonlake wrote:https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2022/07/tim-allens-yacht-spills-diesel-into-up-north-michigan-marina.html?outputType=amp

I'm amazed the search function found this.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-07-06, 19:05

SawGreen wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2022/07/tim-allens-yacht-spills-diesel-into-up-north-michigan-marina.html?outputType=amp

Where else was this posted? I’d really like to know so we can all make fun of a Kingston. Not that we need a reason.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-07-06, 19:11

SawGreen wrote:

You must not have the platinum membership.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-07-06, 19:12

At least we found a Tim Allen story that’s less funny than any of his sitcoms. Tim Allen was back in Michigan last week 1494614055
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-07-06, 19:44

Nice try, kingston.

NORTHPORT, MI – A diesel spill from a Michigan celebrity’s yacht closed a NOT UP NORTH marina and adjacent beach during the recent holiday weekend.

Authorities confirmed between 30 and 50 gallons of diesel fuel spilled into the water in Northport’s marina because of a faulty fuel filter seal on a yacht owned by Tim Allen. The famous Michigander is known for voicing the Buzz Lightyear character in the Disney-Pixar Toy Story film franchise and lending his celebrity voice to the Pure Michigan advertising campaign.

Northport’s marina was closed for about 12 hours after the diesel spill Sunday afternoon, while a nearby beach was closed for a day. Both are now re-opened.

Officials said the spill was reported around 5 p.m. Sunday when Allen’s boat entered the marina.

“He didn’t know what was happening until he pulled into the marina,” said Hugh Cook, Leelanau Township fire chief.

“He himself pulled the fuse on the bilge pump so it wouldn’t eject any more fuel. So, he did a lot of things right himself.”

Officials confirmed the faulty fuel filter seal on the yacht allowed the engine compartment to fill with diesel until the bilge pump kicked on. That’s when diesel began to gush out into Lake Michigan.

Allen told reporters on Sunday that the fuel filter gasket popped out when he rounded the corner of Omena Bay – which is between Suttons Bay and Northport along the Grand Traverse Bay shoreline of the Leelanau Peninsula – and he did not know fuel was leaking until it was pointed out to him.

“I felt very uncomfortable closing the harbor down for everybody,” Allen said.

Northport Harbormaster Bill Rosemurgy said dockhands at the marina were quick to act: They notified those onboard of the leaking fuel and surrounded the vessel with an oil-absorbing boom.

“It was it was fairly well-contained within the marina,” Rosemurgy said. “The wind was helpful. It was blowing into the mouth of the marina, so that helped to contain it. But there was a heavy sheen throughout the entire harbor.”

Emergency responders used about 1,000 absorbent pads to soak up as much of the petrochemicals as possible, and a Mackinaw City-based environmental cleanup crew spent Monday and Tuesday morning on site.

Officials with the U.S. Coast Guard and the Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy said Allen will be financially responsible for the costs of the cleanup and confirmed he had hired the environmental response crew. Both state and federal officials said no fines are going to be issued because the spill was small, accidental, and caused by a mechanical problem; Coast Guard officials issued a letter of warning.

The fire chief said some ducklings and a few fish died in the marina because of the diesel spill, but wider negative impacts on wildlife are not expected. Any remaining fuel should dissipate under sunlight, he said.

“There’s going to be probably a slight sheen on the water for the next few days yet, but nothing damaging or anything,” Cook said.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-07-06, 19:59

The Pantry wrote:Nice try, kingston.

NORTHPORT, MI – A diesel spill from a Michigan celebrity’s yacht closed a NOT UP NORTH marina and adjacent beach during the recent holiday weekend.

Authorities confirmed between 30 and 50 gallons of diesel fuel spilled into the water in Northport’s marina because of a faulty fuel filter seal on a yacht owned by Tim Allen. The famous Michigander is known for voicing the Buzz Lightyear character in the Disney-Pixar Toy Story film franchise and lending his celebrity voice to the Pure Michigan advertising campaign.

Northport’s marina was closed for about 12 hours after the diesel spill Sunday afternoon, while a nearby beach was closed for a day. Both are now re-opened.

Officials said the spill was reported around 5 p.m. Sunday when Allen’s boat entered the marina.

“He didn’t know what was happening until he pulled into the marina,” said Hugh Cook, Leelanau Township fire chief.

“He himself pulled the fuse on the bilge pump so it wouldn’t eject any more fuel. So, he did a lot of things right himself.”

Officials confirmed the faulty fuel filter seal on the yacht allowed the engine compartment to fill with diesel until the bilge pump kicked on. That’s when diesel began to gush out into Lake Michigan.

Allen told reporters on Sunday that the fuel filter gasket popped out when he rounded the corner of Omena Bay – which is between Suttons Bay and Northport along the Grand Traverse Bay shoreline of the Leelanau Peninsula – and he did not know fuel was leaking until it was pointed out to him.

“I felt very uncomfortable closing the harbor down for everybody,” Allen said.

Northport Harbormaster Bill Rosemurgy said dockhands at the marina were quick to act: They notified those onboard of the leaking fuel and surrounded the vessel with an oil-absorbing boom.

“It was it was fairly well-contained within the marina,” Rosemurgy said. “The wind was helpful. It was blowing into the mouth of the marina, so that helped to contain it. But there was a heavy sheen throughout the entire harbor.”

Emergency responders used about 1,000 absorbent pads to soak up as much of the petrochemicals as possible, and a Mackinaw City-based environmental cleanup crew spent Monday and Tuesday morning on site.

Officials with the U.S. Coast Guard and the Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy said Allen will be financially responsible for the costs of the cleanup and confirmed he had hired the environmental response crew. Both state and federal officials said no fines are going to be issued because the spill was small, accidental, and caused by a mechanical problem; Coast Guard officials issued a letter of warning.

The fire chief said some ducklings and a few fish died in the marina because of the diesel spill, but wider negative impacts on wildlife are not expected. Any remaining fuel should dissipate under sunlight, he said.

“There’s going to be probably a slight sheen on the water for the next few days yet, but nothing damaging or anything,” Cook said.

Ahem.

Northport coordinates 45.1314° N, 85.6168° W

By your own definition, that’s UP NORTH, baby.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-07-06, 20:27

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Nice try, kingston.

Ahem.

My revised definition to placate you dumbasses that don't know where real Up North is.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-07-06, 20:31

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Ahem.

My revised definition to placate you dumbasses that don't know where real Up North is.

So, you’re reneging on the compromise? Is that it? You’re reneging?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-07-06, 20:38

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:My revised definition to placate you dumbasses that don't know where real Up North is.

Yep. Learned the art playing Eucher in 537 East Wilson.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-07-06, 20:46

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Yep.  Learned the art playing Eucher in 537 East Wilson.

You're a eunuch?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-07-06, 20:50

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Yep. Learned the art playing Eucher in 537 East Wilson.

You’re a reneger.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-07-06, 21:17

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Yep. Learned the art playing Eucher in 537 East Wilson.

You’re a reneger.
Actually, no. More fun to watch your partner do it and play along. I prefer going for loners if dealt a sketchy hand.

Pinochle reneging gets far more intense than Eucher or Up North reneging.

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-07-06, 21:32

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

You’re a reneger.
Actually, no. More fun to watch your partner do it and play along. I prefer going for loners if dealt a sketchy hand.

I think it's spelled E-u-c-h-r-e Up North.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-07-06, 22:31

NigelUno wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Actually, no. More fun to watch your partner do it and play along. I prefer going for loners if dealt a sketchy hand.

Just keep picking knits and you'll be fine.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2022-07-06, 23:28

1st world problems?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-07-07, 07:16

The Pantry wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Just keep picking knits and you'll be fine.

Double knits are my favorite.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next