Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can we talk about the supply chain for a moment?

+11
DWags
RQA
Robert J Sakimano
Cameron
Floyd Robertson
GRR Spartan
NigelUno
Rocinante
Turtleneck
TrapperGus
Bredo Morstoel
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Can we talk about the supply chain for a moment? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can we talk about the supply chain for a moment?

Post by TrapperGus 2021-10-13, 11:33

NigelUno wrote:
TrapperGus wrote:https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-joe-biden-business-los-angeles-health-48ff262b882a37308e4a3f15934b2ee4

WASHINGTON (AP) — The White House said Wednesday it has helped broker an agreement for the Port of Los Angeles to become a 24-hour, seven-days-a-week operation, part of an effort to relieve supply chain bottlenecks and move stranded container ships that are driving prices higher for U.S. consumers.

Ports in Los Angeles and Long Beach, California, account for 40% of all shipping containers entering the United States.

Awesome.  Fredo can get his paper towels now.  

cheers

well except paper towels are made in the US and thus are not held up by ship unloading issues
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Can we talk about the supply chain for a moment? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can we talk about the supply chain for a moment?

Post by NigelUno 2021-10-13, 12:08

TrapperGus wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Awesome.  Fredo can get his paper towels now.  

cheers

well except paper towels are made in the US and thus are not held up by ship unloading issues

Fredo thinks everything comes from overseas.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2021-10-13, 13:05

NigelUno wrote:
TrapperGus wrote:

cheers

Fredo thinks everything comes from overseas.

You're not the respected one around here, are you?
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-10-16, 21:59

https://twitter.com/jasonfurman/status/1449042406343536646
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-10-18, 09:18

Retail Sales show a high increase since January 2021

https://www.axios.com/us-retail-sales-consumer-spending-0c7d6e88-b5ac-4f77-be22-ace7b7017bc3.html
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-10-18, 13:55

people whining about an empty shelf at the grocery store is about the most American thing ever.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2021-10-18, 14:15

Being new here I haven't read the entire thread but our boy wonder transportation secretary just tweeted that the supply chain issue is just a reflection of the tremendous success we are having under President Xiden.

So I guess the thread should be locked.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-10-18, 14:21

Robert J Sakimano wrote:people whining about an empty shelf at the grocery store is about the most American thing ever.

I honestly didn't notice any. And was told they were empty! Can we talk about the supply chain for a moment? - Page 2 502811600

It seems like there are lower quantities of chicken wings available. But maybe that's because it's football season. I'm not loading my freezer up with them. Maybe I need a lesson in how to panic.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-10-18, 14:27

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:people whining about an empty shelf at the grocery store is about the most American thing ever.

I honestly didn't notice any.  And was told they were empty!  Can we talk about the supply chain for a moment? - Page 2 502811600

It seems like there are lower quantities of chicken wings available.  But maybe that's because it's football season.  I'm not loading my freezer up with them.  Maybe I need a lesson in how to panic.  
me neither..

I walked to Meijer yesterday and got everything on the list. The pansy-ass right and their accomplices in the mainstream media will always have their Outrage du Jour to whine about.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-10-18, 16:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I honestly didn't notice any.  And was told they were empty!  Can we talk about the supply chain for a moment? - Page 2 502811600

It seems like there are lower quantities of chicken wings available.  But maybe that's because it's football season.  I'm not loading my freezer up with them.  Maybe I need a lesson in how to panic.  
me neither..

I walked to Meijer yesterday and got everything on the list. The pansy-ass right and their accomplices in the mainstream media will always have their Outrage du Jour to whine about.

I recall during the great toilet paper shortage that there supplies of hamburger, chicken, bottled water, etc. that were low for awhile. We all seemed to survive. I haven't seen anything like that yet.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-10-18, 18:53

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
me neither..

I recall during the great toilet paper shortage that there supplies of hamburger, chicken, bottled water, etc. that were low for awhile. We all seemed to survive. I haven't seen anything like that yet.
I hear ya.

I might be in the minority, but I think Americans are due for going without something.. or not having everything at our greasy little fingertips at all times.

Might make some of us more grateful and less whiny.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-10-18, 19:52

People don't seem to understand that when we suddenly buy 30% more of everything the businesses might not be ready to supply it to us.
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-10-19, 09:19

TrapperGus wrote:People don't seem to understand that when we suddenly buy 30% more of everything the businesses might not be ready to supply it to us.
America is a stupid country.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-10-19, 19:17

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
TrapperGus wrote:People don't seem to understand that when we suddenly buy 30% more of everything the businesses might not be ready to supply it to us.

People's opinions are controlled by MSM
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-10-28, 07:40

Paul Krugman
@paulkrugman
·
23h
We talk a lot about supply-chain disruptions, but mostly what we have is supply chains delivering more than ever, but unable to keep up with demand

https://www.ft.com/content/f116d3f5-05e3-4bda-bd84-c820a1791235
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-10-28, 09:37

TrapperGus wrote:Paul Krugman
@paulkrugman
·
23h
We talk a lot about supply-chain disruptions, but mostly what we have is supply chains delivering more than ever, but unable to keep up with demand

I mean isnt demand good for economies?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-10-28, 10:02

Dems are going to lose the house and we are going to be in for a shit show in 2024. The system is rotten to the core. Maybe it’s time for the kids to rise up and fix shit. We always hear about how it’s going to be their world well time to take it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-10-28, 11:23

DWags wrote:
TrapperGus wrote:Paul Krugman
@paulkrugman
·
23h

I mean isn't demand good for economies?

In general, yes, unless there is a supply side issue.

What has happened is that the demand for goods increase by about 30%.

There just never has been a 30% margin on the supply side, typically business wants the running rate to be 100% of demand, so maybe there was a 5% margin at best.

The demand shock has overwhelmed the ability to supply goods.
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-10-28, 11:37

I'm pretty sure the last bag of licorice I bought was stuck on a container ship for six or eight months.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

TrapperGus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-10-28, 13:02

steveschneider wrote:Dems are going to lose the house and we are going to be in for a shit show in 2024. The system is rotten to the core. Maybe it’s time for the kids to rise up and fix shit. We always hear about how it’s going to be their world well time to take it.
Dems will lose the House and Senate anyway - between voter suppression and the mainstream media, it'll be for certain.

then democracy as we know it ends in '24. Democrats will never hold a majority again.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-10-29, 06:19

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Dems are going to lose the house and we are going to be in for a shit show in 2024. The system is rotten to the core. Maybe it’s time for the kids to rise up and fix shit. We always hear about how it’s going to be their world well time to take it.
Dems will lose the House and Senate anyway - between voter suppression and the mainstream media, it'll be for certain.

then democracy as we know it ends in '24. Democrats will never hold a majority again.

Tomorrow a lot of people (MAGA, centrist, and sane republicans) are going to be watching football and drinking beer. I don’t think a lot of these people that have a thirst for a civil war or Balkanization grasp that you can’t enjoy your football Saturday’s or Jesus Sundays when you destroy the system to have a civil war with your neighbors.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-10-29, 07:55

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Tomorrow a lot of people (MAGA, centrist, and sane republicans) are going to be watching football and drinking beer. I don’t think a lot of these people that have a thirst for a civil war or Balkanization grasp that you can’t enjoy your football Saturday’s or Jesus Sundays when you destroy the system to have a civil war with your neighbors.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-11-01, 09:40

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

What happened over the next year and a half—Biden campaigning on a promise of broad-based debt cancellation but, as President, hesitating to deliver—struck her as disappointing but not shocking. “The only thing that does continue to surprise me,” she said, “is the Democratic Party seems so unwilling, or unable, to act in its own self-interest.”

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/what-biden-cant-do-on-student-debt-and-what-he-wont-do
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2021-12-22, 18:55

In October, the accelerating U.S. economy ran up against corporate supply chain problems as the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic shredded "just-in-time" manufacturing pipelines. Closed factories, shortages of components, and shortages of labor have been features of the pandemic since the beginning—the most famous example in the United States probably being a run on toilet paper in the first months of the pandemic as offices closed. Paper manufacturers were caught flatfooted with warehouses of "office-quality" stuff that nobody who loved their family would dare buy.

The new supply chain problems were more intricate, with a lack of individual electronic components shuttering car manufacturing lines, a lack of spice-sized glass bottles, and similar headaches, but the biggest problem wasn't that the products couldn't be made. It was that Americans began to buy so much that American ports couldn't handle the massive surge of traffic.

Republicans and the political press were outright giddy at the prospect of being able to hammer the not-Trump president over pandemic-caused chaos, but you'll notice that something happened between then and now. Or specifically, something didn't happen between then and now: The predicted crisis of bare store shelves and wailing giftless children didn't happen. The fears, as the New York Times just put it, "turned out to be wrong."

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/12/22/2070736/-Biden-gets-to-claim-a-victory-after-supply-chain-crisis-quietly-evaporates

Last edited by Trapper Gus on 2021-12-23, 09:37; edited 1 time in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2021-12-23, 09:36

WASHINGTON (AP) — Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg is awarding more than $241 million in grants to bolster U.S ports, part of the Biden administration’s near-term plan to address America’s clogged supply chain with infrastructure improvements to speed the flow of goods.

The transportation money is being made available immediately to 25 projects in 19 states. Next year, the amount of money for port improvements will nearly double to $450 million in grants annually for five years under President Joe Biden’s new infrastructure law.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-business-pete-buttigieg-797fc9ea60ee9d9a22181a2622867fd5
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-01, 09:54

This is the worst economy we never had

Fox News told viewers that “Christmas presents for your kids may not arrive on time or even at all” (Sean Hannity), that the president is “the Biden Who Stole Christmas” (Laura Ingraham) and that Biden is “facing a nightmare come Christmastime,” when “gifts are going to cost a fortune, and that’s even if you’re lucky enough to snag anything” (Jesse Watters).

Breitbart News trumpeted a Trump campaign adviser’s forecast for “a frankly miserable Christmas … the Biden Blue Christmas.” Newsmax foresaw “Biden’s Blue Christmas: Shortages, Frustration, Economic Malaise.”

And then — a Christmas miracle!

Holiday retail sales were the highest ever, jumping 8.5 percent from last year and nearly 11 percent from pre-pandemic 2019, as “consumers splurged throughout the season,” Mastercard reported Sunday.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-19, 08:54

The Biden administration on Wednesday announced the release of $14 billion to the Army Corps of Engineers to fund 500 projects, with a focus on easing supply chain problems.

The spending stems largely from President Joe Biden’s $1 trillion infrastructure deal, and the administration is attempting to showcase how the projects will improve supply chain backlogs.

There are three specific projects tied to reducing supply bottlenecks by making it easier to transport goods, according to a White House fact sheet obtained by The Associated Press. U.S. ports have struggled to manage the inflow of container ships and move containers onto trucks as the economy recovered from the pandemic, prompting delays in sending goods to consumers and higher prices.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-technology-business-765b84d608ccad994a11846034d98788

Wednesday’s announcement includes $470 million for a new lock in Michigan that is key for shipping iron ore.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-01-19, 09:00

Trapper Gus wrote:The Biden administration on Wednesday announced the release of $14 billion to the Army Corps of Engineers to fund 500 projects, with a focus on easing supply chain problems.

The spending stems largely from President Joe Biden’s $1 trillion infrastructure deal, and the administration is attempting to showcase how the projects will improve supply chain backlogs.

There are three specific projects tied to reducing supply bottlenecks by making it easier to transport goods, according to a White House fact sheet obtained by The Associated Press. U.S. ports have struggled to manage the inflow of container ships and move containers onto trucks as the economy recovered from the pandemic, prompting delays in sending goods to consumers and higher prices.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-technology-business-765b84d608ccad994a11846034d98788

Wednesday’s announcement includes $470 million for a new lock in Michigan that is key for shipping iron ore.
This is impossible! In my thread posters said Biden hasn’t done anything. This must be fake news! Can we talk about the supply chain for a moment? - Page 2 1550444538
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-22, 19:08

PennSpartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:The Biden administration on Wednesday announced the release of $14 billion to the Army Corps of Engineers to fund 500 projects, with a focus on easing supply chain problems.

This is impossible! In my thread posters said Biden hasn’t done anything. This must be fake news! Can we talk about the supply chain for a moment? - Page 2 1550444538

A "/s" is required.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2