Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michigan city elects an all-Muslim city council

+9
Pervis Muldoon
GRR Spartan
msugolfguy
NigelUno
RQA
Rocinante
Jake from State Farm
Robert J Sakimano
TrapperGus
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Michigan city elects an all-Muslim city council Empty Michigan city elects an all-Muslim city council

Post by TrapperGus 2021-11-10, 20:59

Residents of Hamtramck, Michigan, elected a Muslim mayor and an all-Muslim city council last week, a testament to the city's changing demographics, the Detroit Free Press reports.

Why it matters: It is likely the first U.S. city to elect a Muslim mayor and an all-Muslim city council, the Council on American-Islamic Relations told Axios.

The city, which boasts a population of just over 28,400, was once known for its sizable Polish Catholic population. Today, over half of the city's population claims Arab or Asian ancestry, according to the Free Press, citing census ancestry data.
Over two-thirds of residents speak a language other than English at home, per Census data.
The newly-elected mayor and three newly-elected council members will begin their terms in January. Five of the council's members will be immigrants, and one is a convert to Islam, the Free Press noted.
What they're saying: "The historic election ... will usher in the first city in America to have a Muslim mayor and completely Muslim city council," Dawud Walid, executive director for the Michigan chapter of CAIR, told Axios.

https://www.axios.com/michigan-city-elects-muslim-council-90ba20e0-950f-4b96-b579-3598ad4db527.html
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Michigan city elects an all-Muslim city council Empty Re: Michigan city elects an all-Muslim city council

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-11-11, 12:49

very cool.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Michigan city elects an all-Muslim city council Empty Re: Michigan city elects an all-Muslim city council

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-11-11, 14:07

Marjorie Taylor Greene claims ‘common ground’ with Nation of Islam in Twitter thread with antisemitic articles

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/marjorie-taylor-greene-farrakhan-islam-b1953972.html
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-11-11, 14:33

Cool cool cool.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2021-11-13, 09:57

Robert J Sakimano wrote:very cool.

The Hamtramck city council is now all Muslim primarily due to concerns over promotion of an LBTGQ agenda by the past council. In addition the long standing mayor was defeated 2:1 by a Muslim political newcomer. The previous mayor cast the deciding vote to fly the LBTGQ flag over city hall.

Evidently our local liberals are fine with homophobic behavior as long as it comes from the Muslim community.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-11-13, 11:03

RQA wrote:

The Hamtramck city council is now all Muslim primarily due to concerns over promotion of an LBTGQ agenda by the past council. In addition the long standing mayor was defeated 2:1 by a Muslim political newcomer. The previous mayor cast the deciding vote to fly the LBTGQ flag over city hall.

Evidently our local liberals are fine with homophobic behavior as long as it comes from the Muslim community.

Do you live there?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2021-11-13, 13:01

RQA wrote:

Yeah the Mayor was the last holdout. The council had 5 or 6 other mulism before. 3 mulisms voted for the LGBTQ thing and the mayor broke the tie if I remember correctly.

I don't have sympathy for anyone against the rights of others. Dearborn is a bit more left learning cultural than Hamtramck where they tend to be more conservative.

Anyway to say that city leadership was taken over by all mulisms from an LGBTQ flag is false.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2021-11-13, 22:35

A majority of voters elected the people they want. But it’s not ‘Merica if they aren’t white Christians.

RQA has a long history of complaining about places where he doesn’t and won’t ever live.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2021-11-14, 09:13

NigelUno wrote:
RQA wrote:

Do you live there?

No, but I have family and business in Hamtramck and spend time there almost every day. It's a vibrant and upcoming community full of great people.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2021-11-14, 09:17

RQA wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Do you live there?

No, but I have family and business in Hamtramck and spend time there almost every day. It's a vibrant and upcoming community full of great people.

Do you support or oppose gay marriage?
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

GRR Spartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2021-11-15, 11:15

Pervis Muldoon wrote:

Does this site have a yawn emoji?
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-11-15, 11:51

RQA wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Do you live there?

Doesn't sound like you think all the people there are great.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

GRR Spartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2021-11-15, 14:16

RQA wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

Does this site have a yawn emoji?  

Since you clearly don't want to answer my question, I'll just state the fact: you adamantly oppose gay marriage because you believe it to be "bad for society".  People in this thread should be aware of that view, since you've warned about the "homophobic behavior" of others.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Cameron and GRR Spartan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-11-16, 20:52

Pervis & RQA miss Wells so much they have to Wells up the Swill ...
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2021-11-16, 22:24

TrapperGus wrote:Pervis & RQA miss Wells so much they have to Wells up the Swill ...

Kindly fuck off, Trapper.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

RQA likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-11-16, 22:29

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
TrapperGus wrote:Pervis & RQA miss Wells so much they have to Wells up the Swill ...

Dude,

You and RQA fucked each other on Wells, do you really need a repeat performance here?

edit - You surely know what is said about wrestling with a pig?
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2021-11-17, 10:15

TrapperGus wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

Dude,

You and RQA fucked each other on Wells, do you really need a repeat performance here?

You got into daily slap fights with RQA and the rest of the Wells righties. And when that creepy and dishonest mod Rook started his mass perma-bans of longtime posters, many of us on the left and right stood up for each other while you kept telling him what a fine job he was doing. I'll continue posting as I wish, and you're free to do the same.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

RQA likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-11-17, 12:42

Pervis Muldoon wrote:I'll continue posting as I wish, and you're free to do the same.

tSwill moto. Should make shirts.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Pervis Muldoon and TrapperGus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-11-17, 13:25

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:I'll continue posting as I wish, and you're free to do the same.

Michigan city elects an all-Muslim city council 3493939353
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-11-17, 14:18

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Better run it by the Angry Clique on the secret board first.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-11-17, 17:39

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
TrapperGus wrote:

Dude,

You got into daily slap fights with RQA and the rest of the Wells righties.  And when that creepy and dishonest mod Rook started his mass perma-bans of longtime posters, many of us on the left and right stood up for each other while you kept telling him what a fine job he was doing.  I'll continue posting as I wish, and you're free to do the same.  

Wells degenerated from when Trevor started it to keep non sports discussions off the sports board until he shut it down.

Back in the day we had discussions about ideas and facts, not about posting styles.

As it degenerated, driven by people attacking each other instead of debating ideas, everyone's posting style followed that trend.

My comments here are an attempt to keep tSwill from following the same path.

Do what you want, just be aware that currently you are turning tSwill into Wells, which is not a good thing.

peace
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2021-11-17, 18:41

TrapperGus wrote:

Your comments have been to tell fellow posters to "F off". But you are doing so for the good of the board, right?
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-11-17, 19:01

RQA wrote:
TrapperGus wrote:

Your comments have been to tell fellow posters to "F off".   But you are doing so for the good of the board, right?  

You haven't noticed that tSwill has no language filters?

I'm using the words people understand, yes, to try to keep your silly slap-fests off the board.

edit - I told no one to fuck off.

Last edited by TrapperGus on 2021-11-17, 19:26; edited 1 time in total
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-11-17, 19:17

NigelUno wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

lol lol!!!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-11-17, 19:27

NigelUno wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

There is a "secret board"? cat

Last edited by TrapperGus on 2021-11-17, 19:37; edited 1 time in total
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-11-17, 19:34

Gotta know the handshake.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-11-17, 19:38

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Gotta know the handshake.

meow
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2021-11-17, 23:35

TrapperGus wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

You got into daily slap fights with RQA and the rest of the Wells righties.  And when that creepy and dishonest mod Rook started his mass perma-bans of longtime posters, many of us on the left and right stood up for each other while you kept telling him what a fine job he was doing.  I'll continue posting as I wish, and you're free to do the same.  

Wells degenerated from when Trevor started it to keep non sports discussions off the sports board until he shut it down.

Back in the day we had discussions about ideas and facts, not about posting styles.

As it degenerated, driven by people attacking each other instead of debating ideas, everyone's posting style followed that trend.

Do what you want, just be aware that currently you are turning tSwill into Wells, which is not a good thing.

peace

It degenerated when Rook perma-banned good posters while letting one semi-literate turd use the board as an outlet for his penis drawing obsession.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-11-18, 07:45

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
TrapperGus wrote:

peace

It degenerated when Rook perma-banned good posters while letting one semi-literate turd use the board as an outlet for his penis drawing obsession.

IMO it was a gradual process which started when the economic beliefs of conservative posters turned out to be erroneous after the 2008 crash. More and more of these posters stopped trying to present their ideas over time. By the 2016 election most of them no longer posted, however the discussions at that point were still fact based with personalities being a annoying noise from time to time.

After Trump's election his style of dominating the discussion of facts with bluster and lies was picked up on by many posters until it became the dominate mode on Wells. It became harder and harder to actually discuss reality as few would engage in those discussions.

Wells went down the famous "slippery slope" to become 80% trolling. My concern is that people who bring their Wells conversations to this board will cause it to follow Wells slide down to the hell it became.
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-11-18, 07:54

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
TrapperGus wrote:

peace

Michigan city elects an all-Muslim city council 502811600

True.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-11-18, 07:56

TrapperGus wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

There is a "secret board"?  cat

Michigan city elects an all-Muslim city council Oh-hi-hello
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

TrapperGus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2021-11-18, 16:42

TrapperGus wrote:

Wells went down the famous "slippery slope" to become 80% trolling. My concern is that people who bring their Wells conversations to this board will cause it to follow Wells slide down to the hell it became.

Your problem is that you consider any posting of a conservation political opinioin "tolling". At least Wells had some interesting characters that made the place an entertaining place to visit.

When I sign on here and see every thread ending with a post by you I quickly find better uses for my time.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-11-18, 17:21

Handshake… not be a douchebag… same thing.
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, Jake from State Farm, kingstonlake and TrapperGus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-11-18, 17:57

RQA wrote:
TrapperGus wrote:

Your problem is that you consider any posting of a conservation political opinioin "tolling". At least Wells had some interesting characters that made the place an entertaining place to visit.

When I sign on here and see every thread ending with a post by you I quickly find better uses for my time.

Still waiting for this.

Serious though, I think it got to the point on Wells where it wasn't even worth bringing news of the day up. (btw, I haven't been on for like years and years, but even back in the day)... No real thoughtful debate, just the same dbags talking the same shit. You throw out points to discuss and they shit from a mainstream source. They shit on that and make up their own reality. Never once saw "proof" of supply side economics doing anything but making the rich, richer... and that is a central tenant in the party. (also, more guns means safer areas. Let alone the hypocrisy on abortion/death penalty... and now vaccine.) It's a fairy tale world they live in, what's the point.

I always did enjoy slaying OldWiseOne and Bee in all things bible.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake and TrapperGus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-11-18, 18:32

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Still waiting for this.

Serious though, I think it got to the point on Wells where it wasn't even worth bringing news of the day up. (btw, I haven't been on for like years and years, but even back in the day)... No real thoughtful debate, just the same dbags talking the same shit. You throw out points to discuss and they shit from a mainstream source. They shit on that and make up their own reality. Never once saw "proof" of supply side economics doing anything but making the rich, richer... and that is a central tenant in the party. (also, more guns means safer areas. Let alone the hypocrisy on abortion/death penalty... and now vaccine.) It's a fairy tale world they live in, what's the point.

I always did enjoy slaying OldWiseOne and Bee in all things bible.

There are times, such as right now, when the supply side of the economic equation is constraining growth.  However, right now, and for years and years, it hasn't been because there hasn't been the financing to expand supply, which is the real argument a serious supply side economist would use.  More often than not it is the financial guys refusing to spend the money they have to increase the supply.  We have that right now where the financial guys will not provide funding to well drillers to drill new wells in the US, thus driving oil prices up and allowing the financial guys to reap windfall profits on the existing investments.

I guess I am agreeing with your assessment, mostly.

Supply side economics is all about providing easy money to investors, pretty much what caused the 2006 - 2008 crash. The Laffer Curve ignores the behavior at the extremes while providing the excuse for creating those extremes.
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-11-19, 08:36

RQA wrote:
TrapperGus wrote:

Wells went down the famous "slippery slope" to become 80% trolling.  My concern is that people who bring their Wells conversations to this board will cause it to follow Wells slide down to the hell it became.

Your problem is that you consider any posting of a conservation political opinioin "tolling".    At least Wells had some interesting characters that made the place an entertaining place to visit.

Just a comment about many of the threads on page 1 having me as the latest poster.

Look at how many per day, not that many, typically 4.

What you are seeing is that tSwill runs at a crawl, fewer posters and most don't say something unless they have something substantial to say.

I hesitated in replying at all to this post, and probably shouldn't have, as replying to your personal attacks is a waste of everyone's' time, but for this point there is a logical explanation.
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-11-19, 08:53

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

It's cool. The Mean Girl's Club needs a safe space.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-11-19, 08:56

NigelUno wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Well they have Trevor's sports board. lol!
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-11-19, 09:10

TrapperGus wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Arnold's a little butt hurt. He needs his daily dose of attention and drama. Stay tuned. You can set your watch by it.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-11-19, 09:22

kingstonlake wrote:
TrapperGus wrote:

Arnold's a little butt hurt. He needs his daily dose of attention and drama. Stay tuned. You can set your watch by it.

Michigan city elects an all-Muslim city council 2803167989

You just slayed irony.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next