Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bars on Gameday

+4
Other Teams Pursuing That
duffy munn
DWags
Nordic
8 posters

Go down

Bars on Gameday Empty Bars on Gameday

Post by Nordic 2021-11-12, 11:11

Never really done the bar thing on game days, always tailgate. But we got a light crew this week and we don't feel like setting up a tailgate so we are going to hit a bar around noon. Any thoughts on which are the best bets to get in? We are thinking Renos East. Off campus, lots of tables, lots of TVs. Any veteran bar game day bar crawlers with any advise?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Bars on Gameday Empty Re: Bars on Gameday

Post by DWags 2021-11-12, 11:15

Nordic wrote:Never really done the bar thing on game days, always tailgate. But we got a light crew this week and we don't feel like setting up a tailgate so we are going to hit a bar around noon. Any thoughts on which are the best bets to get in? We are thinking Renos East. Off campus, lots of tables, lots of TVs. Any veteran bar game day bar crawlers with any advise?

If you park at the road house you used to be able to take your 20 dollar voucher for parking and apply it to your bill at the road house. Dont' know if that still holds true. I'm not going to the game. Too old too tired. Home for the game.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-11-12, 11:20

Nordic wrote:Never really done the bar thing on game days, always tailgate. But we got a light crew this week and we don't feel like setting up a tailgate so we are going to hit a bar around noon. Any thoughts on which are the best bets to get in? We are thinking Renos East. Off campus, lots of tables, lots of TVs. Any veteran bar game day bar crawlers with any advise?

Not Renos East. Place is overpriced, with below average food and it's dirty. Service is bad too.

Depending on what time you plan on arriving I would reccommend the Peanut Barrel, Dagwoods or Steak house Philly

Edit: just saw your coming around noon. You shouldn't have trouble getting a table anywhere
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-11-12, 11:32

Fuck renos.

Peanut barrel? Crunchys? Dagwoods?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-11-12, 12:02

duffy munn wrote:

Not Renos East. Place is overpriced, with below average food and it's dirty. Service is bad too.

Depending on what time you plan on arriving I would reccommend the Peanut Barrel, Dagwoods or Steak house Philly

Edit: just saw your coming around noon. You shouldn't have trouble getting a table anywhere

Reno's East is a no for me.

I've popped in Beggar's a few times post game.  Steakhouse Philly is underrated. Great option if Dagwood's is crowded.  

Last edited by NigelUno on 2021-11-12, 12:03; edited 1 time in total
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-11-12, 12:03

Bilbo’s was always great for watching games with friends, but I sense that’s no longer an East Lansing option.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-11-12, 12:19

yeah, Steakhouse Philly is underrated. Love my PB family, but viewing can be difficult there unless you have a prime spot near a TV. Depends on how committed you are to actually watching the game.

I'd stay away from Renos East, too: it's spacious, but it's a lot of money for bad food.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-11-12, 12:20

DWags wrote:

If you park at the road house you used to be able to take your 20 dollar voucher for parking and apply it to your bill at the road house. Dont' know if that still holds true. I'm not going to the game. Too old too tired. Home for the game.

I would imagine those spots will be full by noon.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-11-12, 12:22

tGreenWay wrote:Bilbo’s was always great for watching games with friends, but I sense that’s no longer an East Lansing option.

Actually the Field House is pretty much were the old bilbos was. But I wouldn't suggest it for Nordic as I would guess it's mostly students.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-11-12, 13:09

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Fuck renos.

The chance that you run into Bob is exponentially higher at those places. Is it worth the risk?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and Other Teams Pursuing That like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-11-12, 14:54

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Bilbo’s was always great for watching games with friends, but I sense that’s no longer an East Lansing option.

Actually the Field House is pretty much were the old bilbos was. But I wouldn't suggest it for Nordic as I would guess it's mostly students.

Chicks would dig Nordy.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-11-12, 15:39

Turtleneck wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Fuck renos.

The chance that you run into Bob is exponentially higher at those places. Is it worth the risk?
Bars on Gameday 502811600

my latest tailgate MO has been to hit Campus Corner for beer, walk across Grand River and connect with a few friends, then hook up with our daughter and her friends at a gathering. I think I did run into PB once this season for a quick shot and beer, though.

then I head home for the game.. though I'm thinking of getting a couple of tickets for Penn State - the kid's last home game as an undergrad. Might even make her sit with me for at least a quarter.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-11-12, 16:55

duffy munn wrote:

I like dirty (Renos, Crunchys, Riv, etc.) and I like nachos. Thanks Duff, I figured near campus joints would be packed.

Steak House Philly  scratch
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-11-12, 16:58

Damn. So much Renos hate.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-11-12, 18:14

Nordic wrote:Damn. So much Renos hate.
dude, go to Renos. Seriously.

Have fun and Go Green. Bars on Gameday 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-11-12, 18:28

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Bars on Gameday 502811600

my latest tailgate MO has been to hit Campus Corner for beer, walk across Grand River and connect with a few friends, then hook up with our daughter and her friends at a gathering. I think I did run into PB once this season for a quick shot and beer, though.

then I head home for the game.. though I'm thinking of getting a couple of tickets for Penn State - the kid's last home game as an undergrad. Might even make her sit with me for at least a quarter.

Wait a minute. Bobette is a juggalo? This explains plenty.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-11-12, 18:31

Nordic wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

I like dirty (Renos, Crunchys, Riv, etc.) and I like nachos. Thanks Duff, I figured near campus joints would be packed.

Steak House Philly  scratch

SP has a ton of TVs. Sports Bar. Not just steak sandwiches. Great place to watch a game.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-11-13, 15:42

Renos. Check.

Parked. Check.

Who's starting the mother fucking game thread?!?!
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-11-13, 22:36

Hey Nordic, can you gives us a review of your visit to Renos?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-11-13, 23:30

We got up there late, so anything near campus was out. I assumed the same for the Steakhouse (I do want to try it though).

It was packed. Got a couple drinks and a burger. It was solid. Meet Andrel Anthony's cousin up at the bar (had to resourceful to get a drink). 

It was Renos. It delivered.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-11-14, 07:42

Bars on Gameday 294152859
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-11-14, 12:00

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: Bars on Gameday 502811600

Wait a minute. Bobette is a juggalo? This explains plenty.
"Bobette" Bars on Gameday 502811600

Had some beers, then they started Fireball shots. I was glad when they offered me a burger 'cause I felt like I was close to becoming Dana Nessel'd.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down