Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elizabeth Warren calls for turkey price probe

+2
steveschneider
Bredo Morstoel
6 posters

Go down

Elizabeth Warren calls for turkey price probe Empty Elizabeth Warren calls for turkey price probe

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2021-11-23, 12:13

Really? I got my turkey for $0.33/pound last week. Is this what's really bothering politicians these days?!?

https://www.reuters.com/markets/commodities/us-senator-warren-calls-probe-soaring-poultry-prices-2021-11-22/
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Elizabeth Warren calls for turkey price probe Empty Re: Elizabeth Warren calls for turkey price probe

Post by steveschneider 2021-11-23, 12:22

You probably got a low quality turkey that they had to price to move.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Elizabeth Warren calls for turkey price probe Empty Re: Elizabeth Warren calls for turkey price probe

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2021-11-23, 12:34

steveschneider wrote:You probably got a low quality turkey that they had to price to move.

We'll find out on Thursday, I guess.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-11-23, 13:35

I purchased one for 33 cents/lb too. I could have splurged and got the Butterball Turkey for 99 cents/lb. It didn't look to me like their was price gouging going on, at least not with turkeys.

The price of bird seed almost doubled a few months ago but it's back to where it has been for the past few years.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Bredo Morstoel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-11-23, 16:00

As far as politician's go, I'd trust her over 98% of the rest... Which means, I'm sure there's something to it then. (If the price went up 100% to .33/lb, that's still gouging.)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-11-23, 18:59

AvgMSUJoe wrote:As far as politician's go, I'd trust her over 98% of the rest... Which means, I'm sure there's something to it then. (If the price went up 100% to .33/lb, that's still gouging.)

33 cents is pretty close to what it's been over the past several years. I would imagine stores are selling them at a loss this time of year and counting on the additional sales that come along with buying a bird, which may be what she's getting at. The price of turkeys have skyrocketed to the merchants buts the customers are unaware of it.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-11-23, 19:08

Meat is murder
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-11-23, 21:59

Bredo Morstoel wrote:Really? I got my turkey for $0.33/pound last week. Is this what's really bothering politicians these days?!?

https://www.reuters.com/markets/commodities/us-senator-warren-calls-probe-soaring-poultry-prices-2021-11-22/

I heard they were also worried about all the empty shelves.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-11-24, 08:58

https://fox4kc.com/news/turkeys-to-be-24-more-expensive-this-thanksgiving-report-estimates/

According to Fox News looks like turkeys are up 24% in price? Maybe it's impacting certain regions more than others.

On the upside -

"On the positive side, stuffing is estimated to be about 52 cents cheaper as compared to last year, says the American Farm Bureau."

Perhaps that will give some Americans some financial relief!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-11-24, 12:36

Just got done shopping for tomorrows feast. Grocery store was packed to the gills with unhealthy looking Americans packing up their shopping carts. Looks like there are no supply chain issues here and the prices seemed reasonable compared to last year.

Side note, the old white lady in the check out line behind me had a copy of Globe Magazine and it had Joe Biden on the cover and boy did he look out of it on that cover. She seemed like a good informed citizen.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-11-24, 12:56

I'm fairly convinced, the worst influence over the "average" american is GMA more than fox, oan...

They must create "news" to whip people up in a tizzy, therefore inflation is soul crushing and all the store shelves are empty. Of course locals and whatever take their cue from the idiots in New York and it becomes a real "thing" as opposed to some pee-on producer fresh out of college with no segment to produce...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2021-11-26, 08:33

steveschneider wrote:You probably got a low quality turkey that they had to price to move.

Turkeys were delicious. Five stars. Certified fresh. Would do again.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-11-26, 08:48

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I'm fairly convinced, the worst influence over the "average" american is GMA more than fox, oan...

They must create "news" to whip people up in a tizzy, therefore inflation is soul crushing and all the store shelves are empty. Of course locals and whatever take their cue from the idiots in New York and it becomes a real "thing" as opposed to some pee-on producer fresh out of college with no segment to produce...
Example 1:
Ceo of Best Buy doesn't follow the agenda Gma is pushing... almost laughable.
https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/news/video/black-friday-supply-chain-issues-linger-81404485
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down