Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Piot Spartan golfer gets Masters invite.

+9
GRR Spartan
tGreenWay
MSU addict
duffy munn
kingstonlake
aualum06
Other Teams Pursuing That
Nordic
DWags
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

James Piot Spartan golfer gets Masters invite.  Empty James Piot Spartan golfer gets Masters invite.

Post by DWags 2021-12-24, 20:27

I have a new favorite in the masters.

https://twitter.com/jamespiot1/status/1474544904105869312?s=21
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and PennSpartan like this post

Back to top Go down

James Piot Spartan golfer gets Masters invite.  Empty Re: James Piot Spartan golfer gets Masters invite.

Post by Nordic 2021-12-24, 20:29

LETTTTT'SSSSSSS GOOOOOO!!!!
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

James Piot Spartan golfer gets Masters invite.  Empty Re: James Piot Spartan golfer gets Masters invite.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-12-24, 20:44

Wonder what his odds will be
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2021-12-24, 20:48

He gets all the majors right?
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-12-24, 21:03

Holy Shit

Incredible.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-12-24, 21:14

DWags wrote:I have a new favorite in the masters.

https://twitter.com/jamespiot1/status/1474544904105869312?s=21

The kid is damn good. Winning the US Amater is a HUGE deal. I'm glad he didn't turn pro and hope he doesn't until he uses all of his major exemptions this summer.

I think he has what it takes to play on tour but so do 500 other guys. The majors are not promised once you join the grind.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-12-24, 21:15

Same question. You are helicoptered in to the 18th at Augusta with a three stroke lead. Your playing partner is the #1 in the world. All the cameras the gallery the noise is there. He tees off and lands 30 ft from the green. You’re up. You know he’s going to birdie. Can you calm your nerves and get off the green with a victory?

I’d use a five iron off the tee and probably my second shot. Then lord knows. I’d probably blow it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-12-24, 21:15

aualum06 wrote:He gets all the majors right?

All but the PGA, I think
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-12-24, 21:25

DWags wrote:Same question. You are helicoptered in to the 18th at Augusta with a three stroke lead. Your playing partner is the #1 in the world. All the cameras the gallery the noise is there. He tees off and lands 30 ft from the green. You’re up. You know he’s going to birdie. Can you calm your nerves and get off the green with a victory?

I’d use a five iron off the tee and probably my second shot. Then lord knows. I’d probably blow it.

Zero chance of winning Dwags. Not saying you can't hit a golf ball but the gallery alone would freak any of us out. 5 iron off the tee is a good choice. Until pull hook into the fans. After, 8 would be probably be the best number you would make. If you don't 3 putt.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-12-24, 21:29

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:Same question. You are helicoptered in to the 18th at Augusta with a three stroke lead. Your playing partner is the #1 in the world. All the cameras the gallery the noise is there. He tees off and lands 30 ft from the green. You’re up. You know he’s going to birdie. Can you calm your nerves and get off the green with a victory?

Zero chance of winning Dwags. Not saying you can't hit a golf ball but the gallery alone would freak any of us out. 5 iron off the tee is a good choice. Until pull hook into the fans. After, 8 would be probably be the best number you would make. If you don't 3 putt.

Yep. I think just being on Augusta alone with you and you betting me I can’t get in in 7 or under on the 18th I’d freak out and blow it.

I’ve told the Saban story when he golfed with tiger woods. He said he freaked out at the gallery lines.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

WCSparty likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2021-12-24, 22:35

aualum06 wrote:He gets all the majors right?
Not the PGA as someone said.

I heard an interview with him, he said that he has to remain an amateur to get a British Open invite, but not for the Masters and the US Open.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2021-12-24, 22:39

DWags wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Yep.  I think just being on Augusta alone with you and you betting me I can’t get in in 7 or under on the 18th I’d freak out and blow it.

I’ve told the Saban story when he golfed with tiger woods.   He said he freaked out at the gallery lines.
Some where I have an MSU golf ball signed by Saban.  I was talking with him about it and he said before that day he never realized how hard it is to sign a golf ball.  I tried it - it is hard.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-12-24, 23:13

Ordinarily, I couldn’t care less about golf, but thIs is really cool. Good for him.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-05-31, 23:33

He’s not gonna make many friends on the PGA tour. He might be getting bad advice.

[tw]1531818700747284480?s=21&t=ctZGJHfxliaxJ-BrXviXsQ[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-06-01, 07:00

I think it's more him not being a PGA tour member. He's a free agent so to soak until he gets his card. I'm not saying it's right but most of those guys have Saudi blood on their hands at some point in their career
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-06-01, 07:07

kingstonlake wrote:I think it's more him not being a PGA tour member. He's a free agent so to soak until he gets his card. I'm not saying it's right but most of those guys have Saudi blood on their hands at some point in their career

Does this mean Piot won't play at St Andrews?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2022-06-01, 07:20

duffy munn wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:I think it's more him not being a PGA tour member. He's a free agent so to soak until he gets his card. I'm not saying it's right but most of those guys have Saudi blood on their hands at some point in their career

Does this mean Piot won't play at St Andrews?
From what I had heard, he had decided pretty early not to play at Saint Andrews.  He had to remain a true amateur to get that invite, unlike the Masters and US Open and did not want to do so.  

I am more curious if it will negate his US Open invite. The US Open site still list him as in the filed as an amateur.

His choice is understandable in that he wants to make a living playing golf and this is a way to do that.  All of the players in the Saudi backed LIV league get a hefty pay check  - last place pays $120,000.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2022-06-01, 08:10

https://twitter.com/acaseofthegolf1/status/1531818460380004353?s=20&t=rRNx8-gw34P9L4mni-COoQ

"Rumor has it that one of the amateurs got 6 million up front and 250k a start."   According to this article - Norman's group also went after amateurs, adding U.S. Amateur champion James Piot and David Puig, who is competing for Arizona State in the NCAA Championship this week.

Dustin Johnson Defies PGA Tour and Joins Saudi-Funded Series

Piot may not be the guy who got the 6 million, but I am sure he got something very substantial.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-06-09, 09:55

PGA suspending all golfers that are in the LIV tour
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-06-09, 18:25

Piot T16 after first round (+1) in LIV tour debut
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-06-09, 20:13

DWags wrote:PGA suspending all golfers that are in the LIV tour

All golfers who are PGA tour members.

James Piot hasn’t qualified for his PGA tour card and at this time is eligible to play in PGA events if he gets a sponsor’s exception or qualifies on a Monday. He can play in LIV events with no PGA penalties according to what the PGA told agents and managers a week ago on the Wednesday before The Memorial.

Piot is reportedly getting $100,000 per tournament appearance plus money he wins and last place pays $120K. That’s for 7 three day 54 hole events. A lot more than fighting to first qualify and then play in a Korn Ferry event where total purse is $800k to $1.2m and the winner’s share is 18%.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-06-10, 14:36

T26 +4

If he holds that spot he’d get his 100k appearance and 164k prize money. (6th place paid less at the Charles Swab pga tournament two weeks ago)
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-06-10, 15:20

Soooo.... this literally equates to how much money would you sell your soul for.

(Of course, golfing for a brutal homicidal dictator's enjoyment might not be one's soul, but still... gross as shit)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-06-10, 16:25

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Soooo.... this literally equates to how much money would you sell your soul for.

(Of course, golfing for a brutal homicidal dictator's enjoyment might not be one's soul, but still... gross as shit)

Maybe if they run out of golf balls, they can use the heads of all the people MBS has had decapitated.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-06-11, 04:43

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Soooo.... this literally equates to how much money would you sell your soul for.

I get it. I really do. But honestly, can we as a country get all sanctimonious over a decision to do business with SA?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-06-11, 06:16

kingstonlake wrote:

I get it. I really do. But honestly, can we as a country get all sanctimonious over a decision to do business with SA?
I suppose if gas ever goes south of 4 because of whatever they do, then probably not...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2022-06-11, 08:33

kingstonlake wrote:

Hooray for both sideserism. You know we stole this entire country from the Native Americans. Can we really get all "sanctimonious" over Ukraine? We should just let Putin have it.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-06-11, 08:45

Heat Miser wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Hooray for both sideserism. You know we stole this entire country from the Native Americans. Can we really get all "sanctimonious" over Ukraine? We should just let Putin have it.

Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t think the PGA gives two shits other than how this could hurt their bottom line.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-06-11, 10:06

Playing with Mickelson today, btw.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2022-06-11, 11:30

kingstonlake wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t think the PGA gives two shits other than how this could hurt their bottom line.

That may be true, but it has nothing to do with the collective sanctimony of we as a country.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-06-11, 12:20

Heat Miser wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

That may be true, but it has nothing to do with the collective sanctimony of we as a country.

I don’t disagree with you. I get it on both sides.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2022-06-11, 14:23

Piot finished at +7, tied for 25th place.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-06-11, 14:24

Roughly $166k plus the $100k appearance money
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-06-11, 14:27

Schwartzel just put 4 milly in his pocket plus the four man team split 3 milly
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-06-11, 14:30

Not a big follower of the PGA inner machinations. But it seems to me that I'd rather play in 6-8 tournaments a year and pocket 2-3 million in participation, and then still do the majors, then grind 15 tournaments a year and maybe not make diddly. If the PGA is like the NCAA with little power, they might be taking the wrong approach. However, they just crossed the Rubicon here, so it might get real interesting.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2022-06-11, 14:33

kingstonlake wrote:Roughly $166k plus the $100k appearance money
I believe he would get $163,000 as he was tied with 3 others (add up 25-27th place prizes, divide by 4). His team finished 11th (out of 12). Only the top three teams get prize money.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2022-06-11, 14:39

DWags wrote:Not a big follower of the PGA inner machinations.  But it seems to me that I'd rather play in 6-8 tournaments a year and pocket 2-3 million in participation, and then still do the majors, then grind 15 tournaments a year and maybe not make diddly.   If the PGA is like the NCAA with little power, they might be taking the wrong approach.  However, they just crossed the Rubicon here, so it might get real interesting.
Essentially everyone would and that is the problem.  The PGA tour would be only the 4 majors (I do believe they will add a fifth soon) and then essentially be a junior tour the rest of the year with the top 48 guys playing in the LIV.

IMO the LIV model is not sustainable - at least with the money they are offering.

FWIW, the PGA Tour is not like the NCAA.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-06-11, 14:59

MSU addict wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Roughly $166k plus the $100k appearance money
I believe he would get $163,000 as he was tied with 3 others (add up 25-27th place prizes, divide by 4).  His team finished 11th (out of 12).  Only the top three teams get prize money.  

This is correct.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-06-11, 15:04

Like it or not the pga tour lost a lot of “interest” factor guys. Reed is a dick everyone watches him to root against him, DJ being a Coke head is the worst kept secret on tour, Phil is a huge draw, severe gambling addiction, and half the tour hates him, Dechambeau has a huge hate factor, Na is a train wreck, Poulter and Garcia etc etc. 

The tour got a hell of a lot more bland. 

Hot take: Tiger going LIV at some point.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2022-06-11, 15:20

kingstonlake wrote:Like it or not the pga tour lost a lot of “interest” factor guys. Reed is a dick everyone watches him to root against him, DJ being a Coke head is the worst kept secret on tour, Phil is a huge draw, severe gambling addiction, and half the tour hates him, Dechambeau has a huge hate factor, Na is a train wreck, Poulter and Garcia etc etc. 

The tour got a hell of a lot more bland. 

Hot take: Tiger going LIV at some point.

Hot take, PGA hasn't lost anyone that matters yet
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next