Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spartan Stadium and the Spartan Game Day Experience

+10
MSU addict
duffy munn
Robert J Sakimano
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
tGreenWay
Banks2Mason
steveschneider
14 posters

Go down

Spartan Stadium and the Spartan Game Day Experience Empty Spartan Stadium and the Spartan Game Day Experience

Post by steveschneider 2019-11-20, 14:20

Lets face it this stadium has seen better days. We get the turf right. Nothing like watching football on real grass and give it to me over that rubber tire shit scUM plays on. The aluminum benches suck, the trip from your seats to the bathroom is a big fucking schlep, the bathrooms are a disgrace and the concessions suck.

Also, I've known life long donors that got fed up with the tailgaiting experience that flat out quit. Time to upgrade the game day experience to what people want which is to drink beer, grill/eat and then walk into the stadium and then spend a little time post game doing more of the same. Also stop treating us like criminals, and stop using the whole day to entrap people for public urination (when you reduce the number of facilities) and MIPs.

Also, let the kegs back on Munn Field. The students in 98 were right.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Spartan Stadium and the Spartan Game Day Experience Empty Re: Spartan Stadium and the Spartan Game Day Experience

Post by Banks2Mason 2019-11-20, 14:25

experience matches the football these days
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Spartan Stadium and the Spartan Game Day Experience Empty Re: Spartan Stadium and the Spartan Game Day Experience

Post by tGreenWay 2019-11-20, 14:31

IB4 everybody else.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-11-20, 14:34

Banks2Mason wrote:experience matches the football these days

Last time I was there I had to walk a long distance to a huge line for a few porta johns. when I got in there the thing was almost full to the top with shit, piss and blue chemical treatment. Sorry that's just not a very inviting game day experience.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-11-20, 14:35

steveschneider wrote:Lets face it this stadium has seen better days. We get the turf right. Nothing like watching football on real grass and give it to me over that rubber tire shit scUM plays on. The aluminum benches suck, the trip from your seats to the bathroom is a big fucking schlep, the bathrooms are a disgrace and the concessions suck.

Also, I've known life long donors that got fed up with the tailgaiting experience that flat out quit. Time to upgrade the game day experience to what people want which is to drink beer, grill/eat and then walk into the stadium and then spend a little time post game doing more of the same. Also stop treating us like criminals, and stop using the whole day to entrap people for public urination (when you reduce the number of facilities) and MIPs.

Also, let the kegs back on Munn Field. The students in 98 were right.

You obviously haven't tried the pretzels.

And the troughs are fine.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-11-20, 14:38

Porta potties aren’t really a big problem now that no one goes to the games tbh
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-11-20, 14:54

Also just sell beer at the games. You got fans sitting through the snow and the rain. let them enjoy a beer.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2019-11-20, 14:56

In all seriousness, people have complained loudly about the portajohns, cops, alcohol restrictions, parking, patdowns, etc., for YEARS. If it hasn't changed yet, I don't expect it to any time soon.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-11-20, 15:00

steveschneider wrote:Also just sell beer at the games. You got fans sitting through the snow and the rain. let them enjoy a beer.

I propose a beer garden. With giant TVs. Reclining chairs. Great wifi. And bathrooms just steps away.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-11-20, 15:02

Banks2Mason wrote:In all seriousness, people have complained loudly about the portajohns, cops, alcohol restrictions, parking, patdowns, etc., for YEARS. If it hasn't changed yet, I don't expect it to any time soon.

Yep. And the foolishness of letting your in four hours before and not a second earlier. It really does suck. I love my tailgate, love the friends there, love when I'm there, but the restrictions they put on you is not cool at all.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2019-11-20, 15:05

DWags wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:In all seriousness, people have complained loudly about the portajohns, cops, alcohol restrictions, parking, patdowns, etc., for YEARS. If it hasn't changed yet, I don't expect it to any time soon.

Yep. And the foolishness of letting your in four hours before and not a second earlier. It really does suck. I love my tailgate, love the friends there, love when I'm there, but the restrictions they put on you is not cool at all.

It must come from high up/the entrenched administration. If Mark Flashy AD Hollis couldn't get it changed, no one can. I guess the $$$$$ donors get to enjoy those boxes on the West side with perfect parking and don't GAF.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-11-20, 15:06

NigelUno wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Also just sell beer at the games. You got fans sitting through the snow and the rain. let them enjoy a beer.

I propose a beer garden. With giant TVs. Reclining chairs. Great wifi. And bathrooms just steps away.

That's what it comes down to, it's just better to say fuck it and stay home. I went to school when our team sucked (Perles era) but Munn was open and everyone had a blast.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2019-11-20, 15:08

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

That's what it comes down to, it's just better to say fuck it and stay home. I went to school when our team sucked (Perles era) but Munn was open and everyone had a blast.

The wide proliferation of HDTV really kind of coincided with the Dantonio hire. If the team continues to blow, there will be almost no reason to attend and attendance will plummet, IMO
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-11-20, 15:09

What about in stadium? Seeing the new Gopher stadium which looks amazing and more comfortable and has that nice brick. I think cfb is an arms race and you have to have a good stadium to compete. I think people want a concourse, better facilities and a bowl where you have better sight lines to the action on the field.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-11-20, 15:11

steveschneider wrote:What about in stadium? Seeing the new Gopher stadium that stadium looks amazing. I think people want a concourse, better facilities and a bowl where you have better sight lines to the action on the field.

I think our sight lines are fine. Bowl stadiums suck (UM).

When was the last game you went to?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-11-20, 15:11

steveschneider wrote:What about in stadium? Seeing the new Gopher stadium that stadium looks amazing. I think people want a concourse, better facilities and a bowl where you have better sight lines to the action on the field.

I think the sight lines aren't bad at all in Spartan Stadium. I think we could do better with a concourse, some beer for sale, and extras like that. But yeah, we need to get shit done there too
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-11-20, 15:31

The experience sucks. Hollis set us back years.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-11-20, 15:33

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:The experience sucks. Hollis set us back years.

It could be better. It doesn't suck.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-11-20, 15:55

you haven't experienced Game Day at MSU until you've shared a Bud Light with DWags at his tailgate.. not only are you in the esteemed company of a well-connected MSU alum and message board legend, but they also play some pretty good tunes, as I recall.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-11-20, 16:16

NigelUno wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:The experience sucks. Hollis set us back years.

Everything is relative.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-11-20, 16:18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfU4FLm5GtU
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-11-20, 16:57

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Everything is relative.

OK.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-11-20, 16:59

steveschneider wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfU4FLm5GtU

First comment:

hawkman2111
10 years ago
I loved the dome and the beer.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-11-20, 18:33

steveschneider wrote:What about in stadium? Seeing the new Gopher stadium which looks amazing and more comfortable and has that nice brick. I think cfb is an arms race and you have to have a good stadium to compete. I think people want a concourse, better facilities and a bowl where you have better sight lines to the action on the field.

If you want a new stadium I wouldn't hold your breath. My guess is a state of the art new place would cost around a 3/4 of a billion. And where would we put it? If we raze the current stadium and build on site I image it would take at least 2 years. Where would we play in the interim?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-11-20, 19:55

duffy munn wrote:
steveschneider wrote:What about in stadium? Seeing the new Gopher stadium which looks amazing and more comfortable and has that nice brick. I think cfb is an arms race and you have to have a good stadium to compete. I think people want a concourse, better facilities and a bowl where you have better sight lines to the action on the field.

If you want a new stadium I wouldn't hold your breath. My guess is a state of the art new place would cost around a 3/4 of a billion. And where would we put it? If we raze the current stadium and build on site I image it would take at least 2 years. Where would we play in the interim?

Sextons old field.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2019-11-20, 20:06

Minnesota's was the first new Big Ten stadium in over 50 years.

48% of the funding came from the state of Minnesota, which I find just crazy and I could not see happening in Michigan.

Minnesota also charges a every student a fee ($25 a year) to fund the stadium - which it started collecting long before construction started and still collect today.

Obviously they also sold the naming rights which some people feel has no place in college football.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-11-20, 20:09

Naming rights seems more fitting in college football than not.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-11-20, 20:11

When talking about game day experience does anyone factor in that football is actually a pretty boring game where 80% of the time no one is doing anything and you’re just starting at grass
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-11-20, 20:26

DWags wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Sextons old field.

Or Lugnuts Stadium.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-11-20, 20:36

DWags wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Sextons old field.

Pregame at Harry's.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-11-20, 20:39

DWags wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Sextons old field.

As opposed to Sexton's new field?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2019-11-20, 20:47

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:When talking about game day experience does anyone factor in that football is actually a pretty boring game where 80% of the time no one is doing anything and you’re just starting at grass
It’s my least favorite part of the gameday experience.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-11-20, 21:29

By-Tor wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:When talking about game day experience does anyone factor in that football is actually a pretty boring game where 80% of the time no one is doing anything and you’re just starting at grass
It’s my least favorite part of the gameday experience.

My least favorite part is the lady behind me won't shut the fuck up. And her husband is a wolvie.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-11-20, 21:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

Sextons old field.

Pregame at Harry's.

I could get behind this
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-11-20, 21:58

DWags wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Sextons old field.

Ha. Best high school stadium in mid michigan for a long time.

Realistically the Spartans would play at Ford field for a couple of years. Which would actually be pretty cool.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2019-11-21, 08:59

Nordic wrote:
By-Tor wrote:It’s my least favorite part of the gameday experience.

My least favorite part is the lady behind me won't shut the fuck up. And her husband is a wolvie.
I’ll throw my empty bottle of fireball at them next week
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2019-11-21, 09:56

NigelUno wrote:
Dude - where have you been?
That is pretty much what we've been doing going to Bobby Saks garage to watch the game.

And
It
Is
Awesome

(seriously - you've just described staying at home, have a frig full of beer & food, pausing the game on TV to to piss.
I'm thinking about putting a piss trough in the guest bathroom for a nostalgic stadium atmosphere)
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMojoRisin 2019-11-22, 23:46

I don't like how they film the team walking from the locker to the tunnel to the field. It used to be a cool walk and now it is just a mess with that garage door. Team runs out too early IMO and visiting team just comes out after the anthem. Only one time this year have they played the entire Thunderstruck video (vs Penn St) and even that is lame this year.
MrMojoRisin
MrMojoRisin
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-11-23, 02:42

Wally Fairway wrote:
NigelUno wrote:
Dude - where have you been?
That is pretty much what we've been doing going to Bobby Saks garage to watch the game.

And
It
Is
Awesome

(seriously - you've just described staying at home, have a frig full of beer & food, pausing the game on TV to to piss.
I'm thinking about putting a piss trough in the guest bathroom for a nostalgic stadium atmosphere)

Does the fridge with the beer in it happen to have fruit in it?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down