Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swillers, we are hosting an MSU-Oregon TAILGATE

+14
Nordic
By-Tor
Chitown_Badger
SpartanInNH
The Pantry
Ted Brogan
Andy_H
Other Teams Pursuing That
tanfan!
WhiteBoyHatcher
Heat Miser
Robert J Sakimano
Giant Moose
Sponge Worthy
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Swillers, we are hosting an MSU-Oregon TAILGATE Empty Swillers, we are hosting an MSU-Oregon TAILGATE

Post by Sponge Worthy Thu 31 Jul 2014 - 13:14

Across from Autzen on MLK blvd at the Masonic Lodge lot on September 6th. Starting at 10:00am. As many of you know, we live in Oregon and it's only an hour and a half drive to Autzen for us, so this is like..a dream come true, Man..

We will have a ton of smoked meats cooking on the Spartan Big Green Egg starting Thursday night (I've got a lot of Meat to smoke, will figure out how to keep it all and transport it when we come to that bridge) and the protein and alcohol explosion will commence early Saturday. The official Alumni Association tailgate is down the road at 1pm till 2:30. Cost is 35.00 I think we all know that's not going to be early enough  Swillers, we are hosting an MSU-Oregon TAILGATE 1494614055   Donations accepted but not mandatory. I'll take a handshake or a pat on the butt or a GO GREEN and introduce yourselves to me and Mrs Sponge and some of my family and local Duck friends..

Don't be late, don't be bashful. More details coming down the road.  Can't wait to meat you all!

Can I please get a sticky??  Swillers, we are hosting an MSU-Oregon TAILGATE 969504605
Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Swillers, we are hosting an MSU-Oregon TAILGATE Empty Re: Swillers, we are hosting an MSU-Oregon TAILGATE

Post by Giant Moose Thu 31 Jul 2014 - 13:17

Sponge Worthy wrote:Starting at 10:00am.
Why the late start? Does Oregon have some stupid rules like MSU?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Swillers, we are hosting an MSU-Oregon TAILGATE Empty Re: Swillers, we are hosting an MSU-Oregon TAILGATE

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 31 Jul 2014 - 13:27

I'll see what I can do and let you guys know as gameday gets closer..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy Thu 31 Jul 2014 - 13:32

Giant Moose wrote:
Why the late start? Does Oregon have some stupid rules like MSU?

That's the official start time. We've got to get our asses down there early and plan on leaving home at 7am or so, but yeah..we'll have the secret menu goin' on  Swillers, we are hosting an MSU-Oregon TAILGATE 4113017228 

So if you're around, we'll take care of you. The Masonic Parking lot is also a public parking lot, btw, and early arrivers will be able to grab spots. There is another really good and cheaper lot to the South And East on MLK as it becomes Centennial Blvd toward Springfield..see here and look for the corner of MLK and Marche-Chase Drive..huge lots about .8mi and all you do is walk .8 mi up MLK

Area Map and parkingt

Last edited by Sponge Worthy on Thu 31 Jul 2014 - 13:33; edited 1 time in total
Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Thu 31 Jul 2014 - 13:33

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'll see what I can do and let you guys know as gameday gets closer..

Your schedule is already full, what with your mod duties & all.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy Thu 31 Jul 2014 - 13:35

Thanks for the sticky, Miser..funny how many more benefits this board has over the "other ones". But everybody has been invited.

I hope no board wars break out  Swillers, we are hosting an MSU-Oregon TAILGATE 276803595 
Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 31 Jul 2014 - 13:37

Heat Miser wrote:

Your schedule is already full, what with your mod duties & all.
dammit to hell...

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 31 Jul 2014 - 13:40

Re: your meat. Get it to done or slightly short of done around the time you have to leave home. Double wrap in heavy duty aluminum foil, then wrap in a towel and put in a cooler. It will stay hot for 5-6 hours this way and continue to cook ever so slightly.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy Thu 31 Jul 2014 - 14:00

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Re: your meat. Get it to done or slightly short of done around the time you have to leave home. Double wrap in heavy duty aluminum foil, then wrap in a towel and put in a cooler. It will stay hot for 5-6 hours this way and continue to cook ever so slightly.

Yup yup..I like this method of storage/transport. It's the stuff I smoke/cook on Friday that's gonna be the tricky part. I'm sure it can just be kept warm for a day without drying out or poisoning anyone  tongue 

Just kidding, I've got fridge space galore
Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 31 Jul 2014 - 14:04

Hmmm. Will you have any kind of grill at your disposable for the tailgate? Weber kettle or anything?

Or hell, I guess you could just double wrap and refrigerate the stuff Friday night when it's done, and then stick it in the oven wrapped until you get it back up to serving temperature. Then do the towel wrap, cooler thing right before you leave.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy Thu 31 Jul 2014 - 14:20

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Hmmm. Will you have any kind of grill at your disposable for the tailgate? Weber kettle or anything?

Or hell, I guess you could just double wrap and refrigerate the stuff Friday night when it's done, and then stick it in the oven wrapped until you get it back up to serving temperature. Then do the towel wrap, cooler thing right before you leave.

Yeah, I've got a Green Egg and a TEC Infrared grill..both will be going hot and heavy early on..one will likely also be "re heating some stuff like Pork Butt that got smoked earlier. If it's juicy, it'll come back fine

Tri Tips will be cooked all Morning and sliced fresh. I'm hungry now.

Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 31 Jul 2014 - 22:54

Sponge Worthy wrote:

Yeah, I've got a Green Egg and a TEC Infrared grill..both will be going hot and heavy early on..one will likely also be "re heating some stuff like Pork Butt that got smoked earlier. If it's juicy, it'll come back fine

Tri Tips will be cooked all Morning and sliced fresh. I'm hungry now.

Awesome. Post pics in the Q thread.

I do the sort of thing you're talking about often for MSU tailgates because of the dumbass lot opening rules in place. More often than not I will cook a brisket or a butt to about 180 on my WSM and try to hit that point right at about the time I need to leave for EL. Wrap it up, into the cooler, make the drive up, setup the tailgate, get the pit running and an hour later when I get up to temps I throw it on and finish it in time to chow before we have to go into the game.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 10:46

Jealous. Wish I could attend.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy Mon 4 Aug 2014 - 11:35

gHost Spartan wrote:My plane is scheduled to arrive in PDX at 9.36 a.m. and then I'm heading straight to the stadium. Any suggestions on where to park?

Yeah scroll up to my post where you can click "area map and parking"  Swillers, we are hosting an MSU-Oregon TAILGATE 969504605  Will be good to meet ya, Ghost
Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy Tue 5 Aug 2014 - 13:52

Just bought hundreds upon hundreds of napkins, plates, cups, and a few tablecloths. Bartender is secured. Cook is secured.

He's even got a dark Green Chevy Pickup for helping haul stuff down..I've got a white Ford..this is all starting to feel very real  Swillers, we are hosting an MSU-Oregon TAILGATE 55953254 
Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy Thu 7 Aug 2014 - 12:00

gHost Spartan wrote:

How long do you think it'll take me to get from PDX to the stadium?

If you leave before 8am, about 2.5 hrs.

If you leave at 9am, add at least an hour to that. It's gonna be a busy mid morning, traffic always backs up, even for not-so-big games. Everybody's gonna be hustling to get their tailgates set up..and it's the last few miles that'll drive you nuts. Early is key.

Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 8 Aug 2014 - 13:10

Tanfan! wrote:Jealous. Wish I could attend.

this
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy Mon 11 Aug 2014 - 18:45

So..exactly who IS attending from the Swill?  Rolling Eyes 

Or all you guys just a bunch a big talkers?  tongue 
Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy_H Thu 14 Aug 2014 - 14:30

Sponge Worthy wrote:So..exactly who IS attending from the Swill?  Rolling Eyes 

Or all you guys just a bunch a big talkers?  tongue 

I'll be there with a few friends.
Andy_H
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy Mon 18 Aug 2014 - 12:29

gHost Spartan wrote:

I'll be there but I probably won't make it down to the tailgate until maybe around noon. My plane arrives PDX at 9:36 a.m. then I have to get my rental car and drive down to Eugene.

Well bring your window flags and just enjoy the drive, you'll be accompanied by several thousand Duck Fans and a few hundred Spartans at that time. No biggie but yeah, traffic will be heavy. Leavign the airport at about 10 will mean a tough Noon arrival, but we'll have some meat and brews ready and waiting for ya Swillers, we are hosting an MSU-Oregon TAILGATE 969504605 
Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy Thu 21 Aug 2014 - 13:20

You guys think this is going to be awkward with all the SpartanMaggers, Swillers, and RCMBers all together in one place?  Name tags with usernames? Just leave it alone and let it come up in conversation?

How does a lover-not-a-fighter handle this??  scratch scratch
Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 21 Aug 2014 - 13:21

Sponge Worthy wrote:You guys think this is going to be awkward with all the SpartanMaggers, Swillers, and RCMBers all together in one place?  Name tags with usernames? Just leave it alone and let it come up in conversation?

How does a lover-not-a-fighter handle this??  scratch scratch
by wearing a superhero costume?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy Thu 21 Aug 2014 - 13:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
by wearing a superhero costume?

Swillers, we are hosting an MSU-Oregon TAILGATE 992749028  +1 for consistency

-4 for lack of school spirit, condescension, sarcasm and general ability to appreciate fun

Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 21 Aug 2014 - 13:34

Sponge Worthy wrote:

Swillers, we are hosting an MSU-Oregon TAILGATE 992749028   +1 for consistency

-4 for lack of school spirit, condescension, sarcasm and general ability to appreciate fun

so it sounds like you're planning on wearing a superhero costume.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted Brogan Sun 24 Aug 2014 - 12:17

Sponge Worthy wrote:..both will be going hot and heavy early on..

Hot and heavy, you say?

Swillers, we are hosting an MSU-Oregon TAILGATE John_Germaine

Sorry for spamming your thread, couldn't resist a Seinfeld nod to a poster named 'Sponge Worthy'. :)

Cheers on the tailgate!
Ted Brogan
Ted Brogan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 1 Sep 2014 - 13:25

gHost Spartan wrote:I'm torn between a bunch of tailgates: Oregon cheerleader (my wife's friend), friend from high school (Oregon alum, RV tailgate), and the MSU tailgate, and Sponge's tailgate. It'll be impossible to hit them all up.

I recommend the friend from HS. Better than embarrassing tWife, MSU or tSwill.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 9:42

Up next:
Sponge announces tailgate closes at 11:45am.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 13:37

looks like I won't be able to make it.. maybe next time.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat 6 Sep 2014 - 13:27

Update on the festivities?

GO GREEN!
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Sat 6 Sep 2014 - 18:38

The Pantry wrote:Update on the festivities?

GO GREEN!

Serious.

Miser, we need some Spartan-specific smilies. Please. bounce
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger Mon 8 Sep 2014 - 17:57

So how'd this thing go? Did it happen? Any pictures? Did Nedgo swing by in that bad ass suit?
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger Mon 8 Sep 2014 - 17:59

Sponge's taikgate was, off the hook tgere, we're thiusabds, of Spartans there wrote:

And ghost, this might be your best post ever.
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy Mon 8 Sep 2014 - 18:13

Chitown_Badger wrote:So how'd this thing go? Did it happen? Any pictures? Did Nedgo swing by in that bad ass suit?

Yes. I was too busy to take any, but they're out there. Yes.

I'm fooking tired. Did Ghost mention that a lot of people were there? I couldn't keep up with all the gladhanding and hellos. It was terrific, but it all went too fast. Really really REALLY good turnout. Like it went viral..

Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger Mon 8 Sep 2014 - 18:15

Sponge Worthy wrote:

Yes. I was too busy to take any, but they're out there. Yes.

I'm fooking tired. Did Ghost mention that a lot of people were there? I couldn't keep up with all the gladhanding and hellos. It was terrific, but it all went too fast. Really really REALLY good turnout. Like it went viral..

Nice. Weather looked fantastic. Heard some go green go white during Gameday. I assume that wasn't any of you.
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy Mon 8 Sep 2014 - 18:16

Chitown_Badger wrote:

And ghost, this might be your best post ever.

Ghost came through in flying colors despite the fact that he had to hike a mile with two cases of beer. Guy is RIPPED and thin. I felt bad I couldn't get more time in to chat. I was constantly distracted. He was complimentary and texted me today.

We're buds now cheers

Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy Mon 8 Sep 2014 - 18:21

Chitown_Badger wrote:

Nice. Weather looked fantastic. Heard some go green go white during Gameday. I assume that wasn't any of you.

No the Gameday setup was over by another Spartan Tailgate, I was told, and all of the Ducks were pretty amazed at how many Spartans were ALL OVER. I was told our tailgate was better and livelier and more festive than the official Alumni one, despite there being 1,000 people there.

A lot of GO GREEN GO WHITE, fight song singing, yes yes yes chants all day, in the masss inside our tents that were 10'x35', plus the road in and out of our area. We had not near enough space (parking guy said it was 18x50' and it was more like 18x36, which sucked) But we made do. It was packed.

We had over 400 cups and 400 plates and they all ran out by 1pm. And a lot of people didn't need cups because they had beer and/or pop or water bottles. All 140 lbs of meat got devoured. We completely ran out of everything..it was nuts..in a good way!

Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 8 Sep 2014 - 18:21

Sponge Worthy wrote:We're buds now cheers

My condolences.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger Mon 8 Sep 2014 - 18:23

Holy shitballs. Not too shabby. I was watching the Michigan game with the GF and her crew, so didn't get to follow the game. I was psyched to learn MSU was up 27-18, and flabbergasted that you guys somehow then lost by three scores.
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor Mon 8 Sep 2014 - 21:16

[img]Swillers, we are hosting an MSU-Oregon TAILGATE 60Pj7Q2[/img]
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon 8 Sep 2014 - 23:17

Ha... I was at your tailgate but had no idea it was tSwill sponsered event. Hopefully you found a red cooler with leftover beers and vodika as payment for your hospitality.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next