Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Justice Stephen Breyer is retiring from SCOTUS.

+9
GRR Spartan
Pervis Muldoon
Travis of the Cosmos
Floyd Robertson
Jake from State Farm
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
Trapper Gus
Motown Spartan
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Justice Stephen Breyer is retiring from SCOTUS.  Empty Justice Stephen Breyer is retiring from SCOTUS.

Post by Motown Spartan Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:03 pm

Timing has nothing to do with midterms later this year...
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Justice Stephen Breyer is retiring from SCOTUS.  Empty Re: Justice Stephen Breyer is retiring from SCOTUS.

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:26 pm

Well based on the past performance of the Conservatives Biden should nominate and have someone confirmed by Valentine's Day.

AOC perhaps. /s
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Justice Stephen Breyer is retiring from SCOTUS.  Empty Re: Justice Stephen Breyer is retiring from SCOTUS.

Post by DWags Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:31 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:Well based on the past performance of the Conservatives Biden should nominate and have someone confirmed by Valentine's Day.

AOC perhaps. /s

Unfortunately its 52/48 in the senate and the Koch brothers have been on the phone with Manuchin and Sinima all morning. I hear they'll both be breaking ground in new mansions on the French Riveria soon.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:34 pm

This is where those two have been rock solid for Joe and the Democratic Party.

Joe has the highest number of Judges confirmed in the first year ever.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:34 pm

I'd love to see Hillary get an appointment but she's got a few years on her.

Supreme Court Justice Barack Hussein Obama has a nice ring to it.. but I suspect he's got more important things to do.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:36 pm

Republicans are going to push for no confirmation until after the next presidential election.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:37 pm

I was thinking somebody in their 30's would be nice, and a nice give by Joe to the young people.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:38 pm

Jake from State Farm wrote:Republicans are going to push for no confirmation until after the next presidential election.

Nothing they can do, and since they made it partisan, they will look stupid when they try.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:54 pm

DWags wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:Well based on the past performance of the Conservatives Biden should nominate and have someone confirmed by Valentine's Day.

AOC perhaps. /s

Unfortunately its 52/48 in the senate and the Koch brothers have been on the phone with Manuchin and Sinima all morning. I hear they'll both be breaking ground in new mansions on the French Riveria soon.

I think we're down to one Koch brother.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:59 pm

Thanks for not staining your legacy Breyer
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:05 pm

Jake from State Farm wrote:Republicans are going to push for no confirmation until after the next presidential election.

True. And if Biden wins, they will say Biden is now a lame duck so we need to let the people decide in 2028.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Floyd Robertson, Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:22 pm

I suspect McConnell will stall as long as he can.

It’s fish or cut bait for Manchin and Sinema.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:38 pm

Whoever Biden nominates I hope they make sure they bring their hand written calendar that proves you don’t sexually assault women.l
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Jake from State Farm likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:44 pm

Justice Greta Thunberg has a nice ring to it.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:50 pm

It’ll be a black woman. (If Biden wants to keep his word)
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:04 pm

kingstonlake wrote:It’ll be a black woman. (If Biden wants to keep his word)
that would be awesome and it would be pretty sweet watching the collective republican racist/misogynist heads explode.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:14 pm

He could appoint Harris and get a new Veep.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:27 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:

That's not the craziest idea I've ever heard.... Solves a big problem for Joe in a nice way.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:36 pm

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

That's not the craziest idea I've ever heard.... Solves a big problem for Joe in a nice way.

And then run on the Biden/Cheney ticket in 2024.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:02 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Thanks for not staining your legacy Breyer

Breyer > Ginsberg
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:03 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Supreme Court Justice Barack Hussein Obama has a nice ring to it.. but I suspect he's got more important things to do.

Like what? Did he and Michelle get a new Netflix show I haven't heard about?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:47 pm

Cameron wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Supreme Court Justice Barack Hussein Obama has a nice ring to it.. but I suspect he's got more important things to do.

Like...nothing. He deserves it.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:14 pm

Cameron wrote:

I don't know.

I can think of a bunch of things I'd rather do than be on the Supreme Court.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:02 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Cameron wrote:

I don't know.

Go up north/serve on the Supreme Court….. you can only pick one, Bob. Keep in mind you’ll be out numbered by knuckle dragging reds in both instances.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:52 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I don't know.

Go up north/serve on the Supreme Court….. you can only pick one, Bob. Keep in mind you’ll be out numbered by knuckle dragging reds in both instances.
Justice Stephen Breyer is retiring from SCOTUS.  502811600

I didn't realize that my choice was binary.

Can't I just stay in East Lansing and workout, drink, listen to music and take naps?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:57 pm

Biden confirms he'll be nominating a black female.

That sound you hear is the collective heads of racist, misogynistic republicans exploding simultaneously. Justice Stephen Breyer is retiring from SCOTUS.  502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:51 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Biden confirms he'll be nominating a black female.

That sound you hear is the collective heads of racist, misogynistic republicans exploding simultaneously. Justice Stephen Breyer is retiring from SCOTUS.  502811600

Fox is devoting 100% of its airtime to this "outrage" lol!
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:24 pm

Not sure on the wiseness of saying things like “I’m going to nominate a black female” over and over again, though I understand that he had to do it resuscitate his fledging campaign at the time.

Seems to me that you’d be better off just nominating a black female without announcing that you’re doing that ahead of time.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:54 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Not sure on the wiseness of saying things like “I’m going to nominate a black female” over and over again, though I understand that he had to do it resuscitate his fledging campaign at the time.

Seems to me that you’d be better off just nominating a black female without announcing that you’re doing that ahead of time.
it helps to identify the racists.

(Not that it's a difficult task).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:09 pm

That’s actually my point. They were going to identify themselves no matter what. By telegraphing it, when they say “she’s only there because she’s black” other idiots might recognize that as making a point. If you don’t telegraph it, then it’s just racist nonsense.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:21 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:That’s actually my point. They were going to identify themselves no matter what. By telegraphing it, when they say “she’s only there because she’s black” other idiots might recognize that as making a point. If you don’t telegraph it, then it’s just racist nonsense.
meh - they're gonna whine about everything.. might as well give them a head start.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:25 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:That’s actually my point. They were going to identify themselves no matter what. By telegraphing it, when they say “she’s only there because she’s black” other idiots might recognize that as making a point. If you don’t telegraph it, then it’s just racist nonsense.

If I were the nominee I'd be a little pissed.  I'd like to think, and I'd like others to think, that I was nominated as, after a long and detailed search, I was found to be the best candidate for the job.  But with Uncle Joe's words, everyone will now know that I was the best minority candidate without a dick.

Dumb move on Joe's part.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:44 am

I mean it wasn’t a dumb move in the sense that he didn’t say this last week, he said it two years ago when he was getting his ass kicked in the primary. And maybe it was part of what helped turn things around for him, who knows.

But yeah, it isn’t great for a whole host of reasons
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:50 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I mean it wasn’t a dumb move in the sense that he didn’t say this last week, he said it two years ago when he was getting his ass kicked in the primary. And maybe it was part of what helped turn things around for him, who knows.

didn't he say on the campaign trail that he was gonna nominate a {gasp} black female?

this shouldn't be news but, given the perpetual outrage of the racist misogynistic GOP and their accomplices in the mainstream media, it is.

oh well - Big Bird.. Carhart.. M&M's.. scary black woman being nominated to SCOTUS.. (enter next manufactured outrage here).. it's what we've come to expect.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:56 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I mean it wasn’t a dumb move in the sense that he didn’t say this last week, he said it two years ago when he was getting his ass kicked in the primary. And maybe it was part of what helped turn things around for him, who knows.

didn't he say on the campaign trail that he was gonna nominate a {gasp} black female?

this shouldn't be news but, given the perpetual outrage of the racist misogynistic GOP and their accomplices in the mainstream media, it is.

oh well - Big Bird.. Carhart.. M&M's.. scary black woman being nominated to SCOTUS.. (enter next manufactured outrage here).. it's what we've come to expect.

Yes, he did. And I don’t think it’s great to make blanket statements like that. Great to nominate a black female. Less ideal to be making it seem like you’re doing it just for the sake of doing it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Bredo Morstoel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:05 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: didn't he say on the campaign trail that he was gonna nominate a {gasp} black female?

Yes, he did. And I don’t think it’s great to make blanket statements like that. Great to nominate a black female. Less ideal to be making it seem like you’re doing it just for the sake of doing it.
It's cool that you do, but I genuinely don't care.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:09 am

Yes, we know.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:14 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Yes, we know.
Justice Stephen Breyer is retiring from SCOTUS.  969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:00 pm

Bredo Morstoel wrote:

If I were the nominee I'd be a little pissed.  I'd like to think, and I'd like others to think, that I was nominated as, after a long and detailed search, I was found to be the best candidate for the job.  But with Uncle Joe's words, everyone will now know that I was the best minority candidate without a dick.

Dumb move on Joe's part.

After the three loosers Trump put on the court the bar is pretty low for qualifications ...
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:01 pm

I want the black female to be as young or nearly as young as Coney Barret.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next