Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christie exploring NBA

+14
Robert J Sakimano
Cameron
InTenSity
NumbersDude
tGreenWay
duffy munn
Pervis Muldoon
DWags
NigelUno
kingstonlake
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
Floyd Robertson
aualum06
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Christie exploring NBA Empty Christie exploring NBA

Post by aualum06 2022-04-01, 12:35

[tw]1509931410324398085?t=lFuM3Rqsff_3e3v1AsRDug&s=19[/tw]
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Christie exploring NBA Empty Re: Christie exploring NBA

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-04-01, 12:38

My assessment is that he needs at least two more years.

I hope he gets good feedback, listens to it and his heart.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-04-01, 12:59

I wish tGreenWay would explore deleting his account.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-04-01, 13:04

smart
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-04-01, 13:26

He doesn’t already know his draft potential?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-04-01, 13:37

Another announcement from a team mate.

[tw]1509946358907744256[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-04-01, 14:06

88 players declared, and then withdrew their names from last year's draft including:

Armando Bacot UNC
Geo Baker Rutgers
Marcus Carr (Minnesota)
Kofi Cockburn Illinois
Hunter Dickinson Michigan
Ron Harper, Jr. Rutgers
Devante Jones (Coastal Carolina)
Johnny Juzang UCLA
EJ Liddell OSU
Trevion Williams Purdue
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-04-01, 14:09

Kid is smart and so are his parents. I thihk you can't get a better assessment than to do this. scouts will tell you, Izzo will tell you and who won't tell you is an agent that wants to make money off of you. I love that the NCAA allows these kids to do this. And, if he gets positive feedback and will make a million or so, well, god bless him, get the hell out of college. It will be there when he's done playing basketball.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-04-01, 21:22

One of the players was asked why Max never got yelled at. The response was something like, "He never does anything wrong." That was early in the season, though. Max seemed to struggle a bit in February and March, including some uncharacteristically boneheaded passes. But he also looked stronger and more explosive later in the season. He apparently has a great combination of talent, work ethic, intelligence and coachability. It will be fun to see how good he is when he puts it all together.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-04-01, 21:38

Pervis Muldoon wrote:One of the players was asked why Max never got yelled at. The response was something like, "He never does anything wrong." That was early in the season, though. Max seemed to struggle a bit in February and March, including some uncharacteristically boneheaded passes. But he also looked stronger and more explosive later in the season. He apparently has a great combination of talent, work ethic, intelligence and coachability. It will be fun to see how good he is when he puts it all together.

Max has a very high ceiling and agree about the talent, work ethic and being coachable. but he did not appear to get stronger late in the year to me. I think he was the opposite. Hit the wall, some really weak turnover etc.

I hope the kid makes the best decision for himself but IMHO he desperately needs another year of college basketball.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-04-01, 22:37

Turtleneck wrote:I wish tGreenWay would explore deleting his account.

Not falling for that username gag.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-04-01, 22:45

duffy munn wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:One of the players was asked why Max never got yelled at. The response was something like, "He never does anything wrong." That was early in the season, though. Max seemed to struggle a bit in February and March, including some uncharacteristically boneheaded passes. But he also looked stronger and more explosive later in the season. He apparently has a great combination of talent, work ethic, intelligence and coachability. It will be fun to see how good he is when he puts it all together.

Max has a very high ceiling and agree about the talent, work ethic and being coachable. but he did not appear to get stronger late in the year to me. I think he was the opposite. Hit the wall, some really weak turnover etc.

I hope the kid makes the best decision for himself but IMHO he desperately needs another year of college basketball.

Agreed he needs to do what he believes is best for him. Can’t imagine he’d stay more than another year, regardless. I did find it interesting that one of the reasons he hit a wall early was because he was frequently guarding the opposing team’s best player. That’s going to wear down anyone, especially a freshman.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-04-01, 22:52

duffy munn wrote:

It seemed like he could barely dunk early in the season, but had some nice drives for dunks and put-back dunks later on. I thought that was the one part of his game that seemed to improve late in the year while he had trouble with other facets.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-04-01, 23:23

tGreenWay wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Agreed he needs to do what he believes is best for him. Can’t imagine he’d stay more than another year, regardless. I did find it interesting that one of the reasons he hit a wall early was because he was frequently guarding the opposing team’s best player. That’s going to wear down anyone, especially a freshman.

Yeah. Izzo asked a lot of the kid. I think it comes down to what will be better for Max's development as a basketball player next year. completely understanding that $$ almost always wins.

I just don't see him getting minutes in the NBA next season. So will it help him more to play at MSU or the g league?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude 2022-04-01, 23:37

So can he talk with NBA teams without an agent? Would they have contact with him?
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-04-02, 08:36

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Yeah. Izzo asked a lot of the kid. I think it comes down to what will be better for Max's development as a basketball player next year. completely understanding that $$ almost always wins.

I just don't see him getting minutes in the NBA next season. So will it help him more to play at MSU or the g league?

Depends on the team/injuries regarding how many minutes he would get in the NBA.

Is he like Jordan Poole? 1st Round - 28th pick

6 points/game as a FR. 13 as a SO.
9 points/game (22 minutes/game) his first year with the Warriors. Averaged 12 points in 19 minutes last year. 18 points in 30 minutes this year.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2022-04-03, 19:45

Sounds like a transfer might also be in play
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-04-03, 20:09

aualum06 wrote:Sounds like a transfer might also be in play

yikes... link?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2022-04-03, 20:22

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
aualum06 wrote:Sounds like a transfer might also be in play

yikes... link?

Some rivals premium content I guess
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-04-03, 20:50

And no surprise, a few posters on TOB are melting down. Christie exploring NBA 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-05-02, 10:17

[tw]1521126487939821572[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-05-02, 14:53

NigelUno wrote:[tw]1521126487939821572[/tw]

That's good. It would have sucked to lose him to another school. Has there been any explanation of why a transfer was even a consideration, if it really was?
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2022-05-02, 16:01

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
NigelUno wrote:[tw]1521126487939821572[/tw]

That's good. It would have sucked to lose him to another school. Has there been any explanation of why a transfer was even a consideration, if it really was?
Maybe I'm interpreting the tweet incorrectly, but I'm reading it as this.
There were no unexpected last minute transfers from MSU.
At this time the only player unknown if they are returning is Max Christie because he declared for the NBA but has not signed with an agent.

I took it as 2 different things, not that Christie was looking to transfer. He's either going to the NBA or coming back to MSU. Most likely returning, unless it is a weak draft class or he gets really high marks. I think it is smarter of him to declare and find out what he needs to work on, come back and tell Izzo to get him ready for the NBA.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-05-02, 16:09

InTenSity wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

Maybe I'm interpreting the tweet incorrectly, but I'm reading it as this.
There were no unexpected last minute transfers from MSU.
At this time the only player unknown if they are returning is Max Christie because he declared for the NBA but has not signed with an agent.

I took it as 2 different things, not that Christie was looking to transfer. He's either going to the NBA or coming back to MSU. Most likely returning, unless it is a weak draft class or he gets really high marks. I think it is smarter of him to declare and find out what he needs to work on, come back and tell Izzo to get him ready for the NBA.

It wasn't mentioned in that tweet, but it was said earlier in this thread that a transfer might be in play.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-05-02, 20:56

It seems like it will be either off to the NBA or back to EL. However, Max could still transfer, but would either seek an exemption or be prepared to sit for a year somewhere else.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude 2022-05-03, 15:56

Max is a smart player, hard worker and is coachable.

Things that he did get a chance to showcase:
Elite ball handling skills, court vision, explosiveness.

Although his shooting mechanics are very fluid and smooth, his shooting percentage was average.

He seems to be still growing, the guy will get a lot stronger.

Hope he gets as strong as Aaron Henry.
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-05-03, 19:23

I’m a fan of Max and hope he stays another year, because he needs it. I’d love to see him more aggressive as a player and teammate. It’s strictly my opinion, but he seems almost… passive. It’s one thing — and a good thing — to have poise and an emotional consistency, but I would love to see him find a voice as a leader of his mates and develop a killer instinct on the court. Kind of like how Isaiah Thomas was an assassin. But maybe he’s just not wired that way.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags, Nordic and NumbersDude like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude 2022-05-03, 19:40

tGreenWay wrote:I’m a fan of Max and hope he stays another year, because he needs it. I’d love to see him more aggressive as a player and teammate. It’s strictly my opinion, but he seems almost… passive. It’s one thing — and a good thing — to have poise and an emotional consistency, but I would love to see him find a voice as a leader of his mates and develop a killer instinct on the court. Kind of like how Isaiah Thomas was an assassin. But maybe he’s just not wired that way.

I don’t know if it was passive maybe reserved or a little tentative. Walker, Hoggard showed the most assertiveness against Duke, and Max seemed to be overpowered by the much stronger Duke players at the end of the game.
But explosiveness and lightning quickness is just not his style of play. Its not fair to compare him to a crafty guy Winston or pure assassin like Kalin Lucas, but next year with Walker, Hoggard and Akins, MSU will have some supporting cast.
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

tGreenWay and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-05-03, 22:49

tGreenWay wrote:It seems like it will be either off to the NBA or back to EL. However, Max could still transfer, but would either seek an exemption or be prepared to sit for a year somewhere else.

Don't rule out the Timor-Leste Premier League.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-05-03, 23:10

NumbersDude wrote:Max is a smart player, hard worker and is coachable.

Things that he did get a chance to showcase:
Elite ball handling skills, court vision, explosiveness.

Although his shooting mechanics are very fluid and smooth, his shooting percentage was average.

He seems to be still growing, the guy will get a lot stronger.

Hope he gets as strong as Aaron Henry.

Agree with all of this except the elite handles. Probably the weakest part of Max's game.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-05-04, 00:31

NumbersDude wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I’m a fan of Max and hope he stays another year, because he needs it. I’d love to see him more aggressive as a player and teammate. It’s strictly my opinion, but he seems almost… passive. It’s one thing — and a good thing — to have poise and an emotional consistency, but I would love to see him find a voice as a leader of his mates and develop a killer instinct on the court. Kind of like how Isaiah Thomas was an assassin. But maybe he’s just not wired that way.

I don’t know if it was passive maybe reserved or a little tentative. Walker, Hoggard showed the most assertiveness against Duke, and Max seemed to be overpowered by the much stronger Duke players at the end of the game.
But explosiveness and lightning quickness is just not his style of play. Its not fair to compare him to a crafty guy Winston or pure assassin like Kalin Lucas, but next year with Walker, Hoggard and Akins, MSU will have some supporting cast.

You’re right—it’s possible Max could be playing reserved and I’m mistaking it for passivity. If he was tentative, that’s on him, because coach gave him a green light to shoot from the start of the season. He does need to boost his strength and conditioning. Like most freshman, he hit a wall and lost his shot. I’m confident we’ll see improvement next season—if he sticks around.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-05-04, 00:32

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:It seems like it will be either off to the NBA or back to EL. However, Max could still transfer, but would either seek an exemption or be prepared to sit for a year somewhere else.

Don't rule out the Timor-Leste Premier League.

If he’s not coming back, then my money is on the Richmond Greyhounds.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-05-05, 16:26

Christie exploring NBA 1550444538

[tw]1522290644063965185[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2022-05-05, 18:32

[tw]1522328946033012738?t=xa-w1XueOGmBFDk1d5aheA&s=19[/tw]
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-05-08, 20:44

Memphis wants all the Spartans.

https://www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-drafts/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-05-08, 20:52

Turtleneck wrote:Memphis wants all the Spartans.

That seems premature. Mock draft? More like mockery.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-05-08, 22:40

tGreenWay wrote:

tGreenWay wrote:

I will root for Max if he goes and get that the NBA drafts on potential. But man I don't get using a first round draft pick on the kid this year. I mean, the 22nd pick should contribute immediately. Max hit a wall after 20 games in college. Imagine the rigors of 82 games.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2022-05-08, 23:24

I would love Max back for another year, but if he declares, Memphis would be probably the coolest spot for him.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-05-16, 18:41

He gone, apparently.

I don't see it, but I wish him the best.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-05-16, 18:49

On Monday, Christie closed the door on that possibility. Per Adrian Wojnarowski, he will remain in the 2022 NBA Draft pool and move forward with going pro.

https://thecomeback.com/nba/max-christie-nba-draft-pro.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next