Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post your current weather status

+27
Turtleneck
Rick Saunders
aualum06
InTenSity
kingstonlake
PennSpartan
AvgMSUJoe
Dendrobates
SawGreen
Rocinante
Pervis Muldoon
Other Teams Pursuing That
Cameron
The Pantry
duffy munn
GRR Spartan
Floyd Robertson
Jake from State Farm
Motown Spartan
tGreenWay
MiamiSpartan
NigelUno
Trapper Gus
NumbersDude
Robert J Sakimano
Nordic
DWags
31 posters

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

Post your current weather status - Page 13 Empty Re: Post your current weather status

Post by tGreenWay 2022-10-19, 16:10

Just don’t call me champ, sport.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post your current weather status - Page 13 Empty Re: Post your current weather status

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-10-19, 18:53

Trip to Traverse City then Gaylord planned for tomorrow. Looking like it will be wet and cool. Anyone see anything different?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-10-27, 09:32

a crisp, pre-dawn 31 degree jog around the block this morning.. light wind.

All is right in the world. Post your current weather status - Page 13 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, Dendrobates and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2022-10-27, 10:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:a crisp, pre-dawn 31 degree jog around the block this morning.. light wind.

All is right in the world. Post your current weather status - Page 13 3493939353

Even at my athletic prime, I never did well, and hated running in this temp.
A slight HR elevation, and I am in serious need for my inhaler in these Temps.
I envy it though. I wish I could do it.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-10-27, 10:35

Robert J Sakimano wrote:a crisp, pre-dawn 31 degree jog around the block this morning.. light wind.

Bird bath froze overnight. At least it’s sunny.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-10-27, 10:36

Dendrobates wrote:

Sport-induced asthma. I used to get it, too.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-10-27, 11:24

Dendrobates wrote:

I hear ya. And I get that it's not for everyone.

Once temps get consistently over 60 or so, I turn my focus to cycling. I still run some in the summer, but I hate it. I then gradually transition back to more consistent running in mid-September.

I do enjoy track workouts when it's sweltering, though. Something about the more intermittent, dynamic workouts are very conducive to the heat. I typically do them at the East Lansing HS track, but it was closed all summer, as they were remodeling the football field. I ended up jumping the fence at the MSU track instead.

there are certain things workout-related that I abhor, that my body just never adapted to, etc... ya gotta do what works for you, Ms. Dendro. Post your current weather status - Page 13 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-10-27, 13:15

it's kinda snowing in Denver... thankfully back into the 60s and even grab the 70s after today for the next week or so with a lot of sun.

perfect for the outdoor watch/tailgate for the game this Saturday
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2022-10-31, 20:43

Looks like we have another indigenous summer in the forecast. Upper sixties to low 70's this week. I can live with that, not so sure about Bob though. T&P
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-10-31, 20:52

Jake from State Farm wrote:Looks like we have another indigenous summer in the forecast. Upper sixties to low 70's this week. I can live with that, not so sure about Bob though. T&P

Bob will struggle for sure.
Mid-50s right now with high humidity. It’s getting foggy. Had a 4 point or more buck in my yard last hour. Must’ve been looking for the doe that’s usually around. If he was looking for any of the fawns, then I’m reporting him.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2022-11-01, 07:38

tGreenWay wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:Looks like we have another indigenous summer in the forecast. Upper sixties to low 70's this week. I can live with that, not so sure about Bob though. T&P

Mid-50s right now with high humidity. It’s getting foggy. Had a 4 point or more buck in my yard last hour. Must’ve been looking for the doe that’s usually around. If he was looking for any of the fawns, then I’m reporting him.

You should invite him to your next barbecue.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-11-01, 13:02

it sucks but, on the upside, it's still good cycling weather. So I can live with that.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-11-01, 13:04

tGreenWay wrote:

talked to some dude the other day on the Northern Tier Trail who told me that there was a 10 point buck living in and around the Harrison Meadows part area.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-11-04, 06:34

57 degrees on Lac St Clair. Sun is starting to peek at me while I am drinking a nice cup of coffee on November 4. Life is good

Last edited by DWags on 2022-11-04, 06:53; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-11-04, 06:51

DWags wrote:57 degrees on Lac St Clair. Sun is starting to peek at me while I am drinking a nice cup of coffee and November 4. Life is good

Beautiful. I skipped the gym and did my five mile morning walk among the stars. Too bad I have get ready to go to work now.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro 2022-11-04, 07:04

Freezing my ass off here outside of Albuquerque, New Mexico. Currently 28° outside and with these paper thin RV walls likely not much warmer in here.
gomersbro
Spartiate

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-11-04, 07:31

gomersbro wrote:Freezing my ass off here outside of Albuquerque, New Mexico. Currently 28° outside and with these paper thin RV walls likely not much warmer in here.
You have a space heater, correct?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro 2022-11-04, 07:35

The Pantry wrote:
gomersbro wrote:Freezing my ass off here outside of Albuquerque, New Mexico. Currently 28° outside and with these paper thin RV walls likely not much warmer in here.
You have a space heater, correct?

Yes but the blower on the heater wakes the little one.
gomersbro
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-11-04, 09:40

The kind of day in Michigan to take the day off to go golfing while you still can. Tee time in an hour
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro 2022-11-04, 10:25

And the little one is out playing in the "snow". It reached 24 here.
gomersbro
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro 2022-11-06, 17:30

If I was complaining about 26 and snow, I should be grateful for the 82 and full sun I have in Carlsbad, NM. We did the caverns which was a pleasant 56°, and when we came out it was like a return to summer.
gomersbro
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-11-06, 18:31

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

talked to some dude the other day on the Northern Tier Trail who told me that there was a 10 point buck living in and around the Harrison Meadows part area.

A friend in the neighborhood saw what was at least a four-pointer on Southlawn near Harrison last week. She sent video. It was a beautiful sight. I know they eat flowers, blah blah blah, but I like having deer as neighbors.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and Robert J Sakimano like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-11-06, 18:36

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: talked to some dude the other day on the Northern Tier Trail who told me that there was a 10 point buck living in and around the Harrison Meadows part area.

A friend in the neighborhood saw what was at least a four-pointer on Southlawn near Harrison last week. She sent video. It was a beautiful sight. I know they eat flowers, blah blah blah, but I like having deer as neighbors.

In many neighborhoods the deer are better neighbors than some of the actual neighbors.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

The Pantry and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-11-06, 18:37

gomersbro wrote:If I was complaining about 26 and snow, I should be grateful for the 82 and full sun I have in Carlsbad, NM. We did the caverns which was a pleasant 56°, and when we came out it was like a return to summer.

Given US history involving NM, it might’ve been both fun and educational if you’d taken with you a Geiger counter. I’d be curious where levels are these days in different parts of the state.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-11-06, 18:38

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

In many neighborhoods the deer are better neighbors than some of the actual neighbors.

Absolutely true.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-11-06, 19:08

Deer are great! Hope Arby's brings back their venison sandwich!
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2022-11-06, 19:10

Deer are kind of a mess right now, weather is messing with them. Supposed to be much more deer season by the 15th
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-11-10, 17:07

Today was the most beautiful we will likely see again for 5-6 months. Took off work at lunchtime to enjoy it.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2022-11-10, 17:35

aualum06 wrote:Deer are kind of a mess right now, weather is messing with them. Supposed to be much more deer season by the 15th

Spooked a nice 7 point out of my backyard yesterday. He almost got nailed by two cars running across the road.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2022-11-10, 17:36

The Pantry wrote:Today was the most beautiful we will likely see again for 5-6 months. Took off work at lunchtime to enjoy it.

I took all day off, had to concentrate on getting ready for doctor appointments tomorrow. Post your current weather status - Page 13 1f606
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-11-10, 17:51

Jake from State Farm wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Today was the most beautiful we will likely see again for 5-6 months.  Took off work at lunchtime to enjoy it.

I took all day off, had to concentrate on getting ready for doctor appointments tomorrow.  Post your current weather status - Page 13 1f606
?

Post your current weather status - Page 13 Saturday-night-live-colon-blow
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2022-11-10, 18:11

The Pantry wrote:

I took all day off, had to concentrate on getting ready for doctor appointments tomorrow.  Post your current weather status - Page 13 1f606

Nah, ultrasound on my l
?

The Pantry wrote:

?

Nah, I had a dvt in my leg a few years ago and I get checked annually to make sure there's nothing going on.
It's a paid holiday for me tomorrow so I figured I'd take a sick day today since I can't claim a sick day on a holiday. Besides, it's 70 degrees in November, what better reason to not work?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-11-12, 19:10

Flurries in East Lansing. Post your current weather status - Page 13 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2022-11-12, 20:06

aualum06 wrote:Deer are kind of a mess right now, weather is messing with them. Supposed to be much more deer season by the 15th

Spooked a nice 7 point out of my backyard yesterday. He almost got nailed by two cars running across the road.

Had two fighting behind the house the other night. As far as I know they didn't get destroyed in the road. That sucks for the deer and car
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-11-12, 21:17

I had a HUGE 8 licking all up on a lady deer... a really nice 6 was hanging out watching... then 2 4s where fighting 40 yards away in the middle of the field.

Would post, but mobile.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-11-13, 03:15

We’ve had neighborhood oak trees producing very few acorns this year. If that’s true elsewhere, it’s going to be a rough winter for many of them.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2022-11-13, 10:04

tGreenWay wrote:

We’ve had neighborhood oak trees producing very few acorns this year. If that’s true elsewhere, it’s going to be a rough winter for many of them.

I've noticed very few under the big oak in the backyard this year compared to normal years. Wonder if it's because it was so dry during the summer
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-13, 10:12

aualum06 wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I've noticed very few under the big oak in the backyard this year compared to normal years. Wonder if it's because it was so dry during the summer

More likely cold weather when the "flowers" were on the trees. We didn't have any Black Walnuts from our trees this year, which is very unusual. Usually when that happens to fruit & nut trees it is because there is a frost during the flowering / pollination period.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-11-14, 10:13

local weather calling for 1-3 inches of snow in East Lansing area Tuesday into Wednesday. Post your current weather status - Page 13 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-11-14, 11:06

It snowed all weekend here. Maybe 6 inches on the ground? It wasn’t a heavy snow but it accumulated.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next