Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post your current weather status

+27
Turtleneck
Rick Saunders
aualum06
InTenSity
kingstonlake
PennSpartan
AvgMSUJoe
Dendrobates
SawGreen
Rocinante
Pervis Muldoon
Other Teams Pursuing That
Cameron
The Pantry
duffy munn
GRR Spartan
Floyd Robertson
Jake from State Farm
Motown Spartan
tGreenWay
MiamiSpartan
NigelUno
Trapper Gus
NumbersDude
Robert J Sakimano
Nordic
DWags
31 posters

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Go down

Post your current weather status - Page 3 Empty Re: Post your current weather status

Post by tGreenWay 2022-04-18, 02:06

Bob what the heck are you doing up at this hour? Did you get the AM and PM mixed up on your alarm clock again?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post your current weather status - Page 3 Empty Re: Post your current weather status

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-04-18, 04:01

tGreenWay wrote:Bob what the heck are you doing up at this hour? Did you get the AM and PM mixed up on your alarm clock again?
check the coronavirus thread. Post your current weather status - Page 3 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-04-18, 12:39

I love snow, but April can blow me.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-04-18, 12:45

Timelines for seasonal changes are definitely being extended. Used to be a snow after 4/5 in any year was extremely unlikely. These days, it’s becoming unusual if there isnt some sort of snow activity well into April and occasionally, even into May. It’s also true that December snow totals have fallen off.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-04-18, 15:09

It are blizzarding

Post your current weather status - Page 3 20220413

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-04-18, 15:11

Seriously, this crap can go to hell. I'm so over it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Jake from State Farm likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-04-18, 15:26

Post your current weather status - Page 3 27852610
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-04-18, 16:31

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Nice shirt/sentiment but you're too old to be wearing statement clothing IMO.

This is a ridiculous sentiment.
What's ridiculous about me not wanting to dress like a 12 year old?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-04-18, 16:48

DWags wrote:Seriously, this crap can go to hell. I'm so over it.

He's ecstatic for one last roll in the snow.

Post your current weather status - Page 3 20220414
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Cameron, The Pantry, tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-04-18, 16:57

Nordic wrote:
DWags wrote:Seriously, this crap can go to hell. I'm so over it.

He's ecstatic for one last roll in the snow.

Post your current weather status - Page 3 20220414

Last?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2022-04-18, 17:07

We got dumped on last week and will get dumped on again this weekend. Not going to complain because we are in a drought but they’re calling for heavy wet snow and that could damage our young trees so I’ll need to be vigilant 🥶
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-04-18, 18:26

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

This is a ridiculous sentiment.

That’s not what you said. You told DWags what you deemed inappropriate for someone his age to wear. If you’d kept it about yourself, I wouldn’t have responded. Besides, 12 year olds mostly don’t know jack about the important stuff. At our age, we have pretty clear ideas about what needs to be addressed. Many of us, anyway.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-04-18, 20:06

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

That’s not what you said. You told DWags what you deemed inappropriate for someone his age to wear. If you’d kept it about yourself, I wouldn’t have responded. Besides, 12 year olds mostly don’t know jack about the important stuff. At our age, we have pretty clear ideas about what needs to be addressed. Many of us, anyway.
You missed the IMO part...?  Not that there was anything wrong with Dwags wearing that shirt.  Just not the attention-drawing attire I want to wear at my age.

Again, JMO, anything beyond a college logo on a t-shirt/sweatshirt is weird for anyone over 50...maybe even 40? Call me the fashion police if you want. Old dudes should not be wearing stuff with writing or graphics on them.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2022-04-18, 20:11

I wear almost exclusively solid color t shirts, but I think that's an odd line to draw. Like, no words at all? What if it just says Spartans? What are the rules?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-04-18, 20:22

Cameron wrote:I wear almost exclusively solid color t shirts, but I think that's an odd line to draw. Like, no words at all? What if it just says Spartans? What are the rules?
There are no rules.

I'm all solid color T's. They don't seem to piss anyone off. Wish more wore them.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-04-18, 20:48

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

You missed the IMO part...?  Not that there was anything wrong with Dwags wearing that shirt.  Just not the attention-drawing attire I want to wear at my age.

Again, JMO, anything beyond a college logo on a t-shirt/sweatshirt is weird for anyone over 50...maybe even 40? Call me the fashion police if you want. Old dudes should not be wearing stuff with writing or graphics on them.

Of course it’s your opinion. You weren’t citing some study. Opinion is pretty much what we do here. But you didn’t turn it back on yourself. You took a swipe at DWags and my guess is you did that because you didn’t like the message on the shirt and how his story reflected the opinion of an antagonist — which you share — and you felt cornered. So yeah, now you can add a badge proclaiming yourself the fashion police. It will look great with your food police badge. Rolling Eyes
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-04-18, 20:50

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

So, my daughter is graduating with a degree in special education teaching May 8. Another student in her class designed these shirts sweatshirts etc to raise money for something (I cant remember now) so my daughter asked me to venmo her a couple 100 to order them from this girl. My wife said do it. I did. We all got one. This weekend I knew she was driving down to Brooklyn for family Easter and I mindlessly thought I’d put it on so when I walked in to the house she’d see me wearing it. It was completely weather appropriate also. Perfect thing.

When I stopped and the guy gave me his opinion it took me back a bit because I had forgotten that I was wearing it. Then it dawned on me. But Pantry, shouldn’t your beef be with an asshole that gets upset about t-shirts? Would he had done the same thing had my wife or daughter bumped into him? Is wearing a teach peace sweatshirt worse than reacting in that manner to it? Not that I’m into that kind of shit, but now I’m going to purposely wear it to planet fitness or out in the general public because fuck anyone who gets that upset about a sweatshirt asking to teach peace.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry, tGreenWay and duffy munn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-04-18, 20:55

DWags, are there any of those designs leftover from the sale? I’d take it in a t-shirt, not a sweatshirt. I found the Teach Peace logo and some copycats online last night, but not one where the Spartan head was above the primary logo. I love wearing statement shirts. All the better if it makes those opposed feel less comfortable.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-04-18, 21:11

DWags wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

So, my daughter is graduating with a degree in special education teaching May 8. Another student in her class designed these shirts sweatshirts etc to raise money for something (I cant remember now) so my daughter asked me to venmo her a couple 100 to order them from this girl. My wife said do it. I did. We all got one. This weekend I knew she was driving down to Brooklyn for family Easter and I mindlessly thought I’d put it on so when I walked in to the house she’d see me wearing it. It was completely weather appropriate also. Perfect thing.

When I stopped and the guy gave me his opinion it took me back a bit because I had forgotten that I was wearing it. Then it dawned on me. But Pantry, shouldn’t your beef be with an asshole that gets upset about t-shirts? Would he had done the same thing had my wife or daughter bumped into him? Is wearing a teach peace sweatshirt worse than reacting in that manner to it? Not that I’m into that kind of shit, but now I’m going to purposely wear it to planet fitness or out in the general public because fuck anyone who gets that upset about a sweatshirt asking to teach peace.
Already said was fine with the shirt. Just not something I would wear anymore.

Daughter brought me back a T from London few years back. Bright red with the saying "mind the gap" on the front. No fucking way I'd ever wear that here or there in public.

There comes a time in life to STFU out in public
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude 2022-04-18, 22:21

DWags wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

Again, JMO, anything beyond a college logo on a t-shirt/sweatshirt is weird for anyone over 50...maybe even 40?   Call me the fashion police if you want.  Old dudes should not be wearing stuff with writing or graphics on them.

So, my daughter is graduating with a degree in special education teaching May 8. Another student in her class designed these shirts sweatshirts etc to raise money for something (I cant remember now) so my daughter asked me to venmo her a couple 100 to order them from this girl. My wife said do it. I did. We all got one.  This weekend I knew she was driving down to Brooklyn for family Easter and I mindlessly thought I’d put it on so when I walked in to the house she’d see me wearing it. It was completely weather appropriate also. Perfect thing.

When I stopped and the guy gave me his opinion it took me back a bit because I had forgotten that I was wearing it.  Then it dawned on me. But Pantry, shouldn’t your beef be with an asshole that gets upset about t-shirts?  Would he had done the same thing had my wife or daughter bumped into him?  Is wearing a teach peace sweatshirt worse than reacting in that manner to it?   Not that I’m into that kind of shit, but now I’m going to purposely wear it to planet fitness or out in the general public because fuck anyone who gets that upset about a sweatshirt asking to teach peace.

I know a poster here that is still pissed about this T-Shirt.
Post your current weather status - Page 3 904b0d10
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-04-18, 22:56

someone getting upset over the concept of peace Post your current weather status - Page 3 502811600 what the fuck is wrong with us
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude 2022-04-18, 23:00

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:someone getting upset over the concept of peace Post your current weather status - Page 3 502811600 what the fuck is wrong with us

Was he upset with peace? Teaching? Or the Spartan logo?
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-04-18, 23:00

Snow is sticking now, but that won’t last long. Rain will wipe it away.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-04-18, 23:04

NumbersDude wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:someone getting upset over the concept of peace Post your current weather status - Page 3 502811600 what the fuck is wrong with us

Was he upset with peace? Teaching? Or the Spartan logo?

considering the gas station employee's response was "freedom, buddy" i can't imagine it was the spartan logo
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-04-22, 19:02

It’s going to be 81° in EL tomorrow. Post your current weather status - Page 3 2275418548
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-04-22, 19:58

tGreenWay wrote:It’s going to be 81° in EL tomorrow. Post your current weather status - Page 3 2275418548
While I can appreciate that temp, it's weird this time of year in lower MI.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-04-22, 20:40

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:It’s going to be 81° in EL tomorrow. Post your current weather status - Page 3 2275418548

Agreed, but it’s a nice break from the 50s/40s that are expected to follow over the next week.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2022-04-22, 22:45

Blizzard warning. 6 to 12 inches of heavy wet snow expected.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-04-23, 08:36

The Pantry wrote:

Don't plant the flowers yet, mid 20's expected nightimes next week
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-04-23, 10:03

Trapper Gus wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

While I have no idea what Pantry looks like, just the thought of him in a garden planting flowers makes me laugh.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2022-04-23, 10:53

tGreenWay wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

While I have no idea what Pantry looks like, just the thought of him in a garden planting flowers makes me laugh.

I'm planting a great deal today. I built a "hoop house" a few years ago and started seeds indoors. It will likely get to 90 degrees in there today.

Edit: Correction. Ballsweat ensues.

Post your current weather status - Page 3 Img_2024

Last edited by SawGreen on 2022-04-23, 11:49; edited 1 time in total
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry, tGreenWay and NumbersDude like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-04-23, 11:14

SawGreen wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I'm planting a great deal today. I built a "hoop house" a few years ago and started seeds indoors. It will likely get to 90 degrees in there today.

Nice. That’s really cool.
I’m toying with the idea of knocking down a southern-facing wall and creating a greenhouse/solarium. I just need to get my wife to stop rolling her eyes whenever I mention it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2022-04-23, 12:06

tGreenWay wrote:
SawGreen wrote:

Nice. That’s really cool.
I’m toying with the idea of knocking down a southern-facing wall and creating a greenhouse/solarium. I just need to get my wife to stop rolling her eyes whenever I mention it.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-04-23, 12:30

tGreenWay wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

No worries.  I'll be diluting vinegar to kill everything except the shrubs in the beds around the house.  

This stuff is awesome

Calyptus 75% Pure Super Concentrated Vinegar | Dilutes to 4.5 Gallons | 15x Power Vinegar | Industrial Use, 32 Ounces
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-04-23, 12:48

SawGreen wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Edit: Correction. Ballsweat ensues.

Post your current weather status - Page 3 Img_2024
My grandpa built little hot houses to grow roses.  He had an amazing garden behind the house in Laurium...flowers, berries, vegetables.  If lemon trees could possibly be grown in the Keweenaw, he would have done it.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and SawGreen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-04-23, 17:17

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

No worries.  I'll be diluting vinegar to kill everything except the shrubs in the beds around the house.  

This stuff is awesome

Calyptus 75% Pure Super Concentrated Vinegar | Dilutes to 4.5 Gallons | 15x Power Vinegar | Industrial Use, 32 Ounces

I use good old fashioned white vinegar on the weeds popping out of the cracks in my driveway. It’s very effective, though there’s one weed that takes extra sprays because it wants to live. I think it’s chickweed.

Also, in before Motown makes a joke about the cracks in my (fill in the blank).
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-04-23, 17:19

Saw, just wipe your ball sweat on your veggie plants. They’ll love it, and your nutsack will smell like fresh tomatoes, peppers, whatever.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-04-23, 20:51

Rocinante wrote:We got dumped on last week and will get dumped on again this weekend. Not going to complain because we are in a drought but they’re calling for heavy wet snow and that could damage our young trees so I’ll need to be vigilant 🥶

Not my thing, but if that’s your kink, have fun. :poop:
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2022-04-23, 22:47

The “blizzard” was a bunch of blowing and mostly rain.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-04-23, 23:40

Wicked awesome thunderstorm going on right now. I think lightning just struck in the woods, the thunder was so loud it set the alarm off on my truck that is parked in the garage.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next