Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Basketball on an Aircraft Carrier Might Be Back

+6
Nordic
Travis of the Cosmos
Other Teams Pursuing That
Floyd Robertson
DWags
Turtleneck
10 posters

Go down

Basketball on an Aircraft Carrier Might Be Back Empty Basketball on an Aircraft Carrier Might Be Back

Post by Turtleneck 2022-06-14, 13:42

[tw]1536712262525898752?s=21&t=pf5FegnHnrTvy2gfYVMlig[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, The Pantry, tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Basketball on an Aircraft Carrier Might Be Back Empty Re: Basketball on an Aircraft Carrier Might Be Back

Post by DWags 2022-06-14, 14:03

Izzo has never won on an air raft carrier. Zags have never lost. I’m going money line Zags.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Basketball on an Aircraft Carrier Might Be Back Empty Re: Basketball on an Aircraft Carrier Might Be Back

Post by Turtleneck 2022-06-14, 14:10

DWags wrote:Izzo has never won on an air raft carrier. Zags have never lost. I’m going money line Zags.

I wonder what insurance policies for this game are like? "Well, he lost his leg when he dived for a loose ball, fell overboard, and was attacked by a shark who was a Gonzaga fan."
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-06-14, 14:13

Will Hollis get an invite?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

The Pantry and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-06-14, 14:19

Floyd Robertson wrote:Will Hollis get an invite?

He is busy working on a game played on an aircraft carrier in a football stadium.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-06-14, 14:35

Hollis will be at church that day, judging the sinners.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-06-14, 15:11

Been done.

Play a game at a random ass city park instead. Like one of these. There’s gotta be an iconic one somewhere in a recruiting rich city

Basketball on an Aircraft Carrier Might Be Back Featured-street-basketball-NYC-untapped-cities1
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, Turtleneck, Nordic and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-06-14, 16:07

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Been done.

Play a game at a random ass city park instead. Like one of these. There’s gotta be an iconic one somewhere in a recruiting rich city

Basketball on an Aircraft Carrier Might Be Back Featured-street-basketball-NYC-untapped-cities1

That would be pretty sweet
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-06-14, 16:40

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:Izzo has never won on an air raft carrier. Zags have never lost. I’m going money line Zags.

I wonder what insurance policies for this game are like? "Well, he lost his leg when he dived for a loose ball, fell overboard, and was attacked by a shark who was a Gonzaga fan."

He zigged when he should’ve zagged.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-06-14, 16:45

Basketball courts are 50’ wide. The Mackinac Bridge is 68’ wide.
Come on, AD Haller, make this happen!
Have four helicopters with HD cameras mounted on them and we’ve got us a ballgame!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-06-14, 16:50

Wonder what the weather would be like at that park in November.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-06-14, 16:54

NigelUno wrote:

I believe they have parks in cities that would be warm enough Nigel I’m just giving you an example to explain what I mean. I’m sure you can work through the rest of the details
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-06-14, 17:14

Nordic wrote:

That would be pretty sweet

Great idea, Travis. I like it. There should be more outdoor games.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-06-14, 18:23

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I believe they have parks in cities that would be warm enough Nigel I’m just giving you an example to explain what I mean. I’m sure you can work through the rest of the details

Sure.  I'll get to work on finding a random ass iconic city park in a recruiting rich warm weather area (while ignoring the Veterans Day angle).  I'll let you know what I find.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-06-14, 20:28

NigelUno wrote:

Sure.  I'll get to work on finding a random ass iconic city park in a recruiting rich warm weather area (while ignoring the Veterans Day angle).  I'll let you know what I find.

Thank you. It doesn’t have to be on Veterans Day you know, so if the location you find is unavailable that day, that’s fine. I’d probably check out LA, Miami, and really what is too cold anyway? We could workshop that a bit.

Sorry nigel but I don’t think this is the logistical nightmare you’re trying to make it out to be when compared to playing on a boat in the ocean (again)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-06-28, 14:03

College Basketball World Reacts To Gonzaga, Michigan State Game
https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/college-basketball-world-reacts-gonzaga-michigan-state-game
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-06-28, 15:50

Still waiting on Haller to get back to me on the Mackinac Bridge game suggestion. Should be any day now.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-06-28, 17:49

Turtleneck wrote:College Basketball World Reacts To Gonzaga, Michigan State Game
https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/college-basketball-world-reacts-gonzaga-michigan-state-game

I thought it might get canceled due to some poster's objections.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-06-28, 18:01

tGreenWay wrote:Still waiting on Haller to get back to me on the Mackinac Bridge game suggestion. Should be any day now.

Your 2 AD's late Greenway
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-06-28, 18:37

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Still waiting on Haller to get back to me on the Mackinac Bridge game suggestion. Should be any day now.

Your 2 AD's late Greenway

My plan B is Belle Isle, still using copter-mounted HD cams. It would look amazing, minus the late fall, early winter gray skies and snow.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-06-28, 19:17

Turtleneck wrote:College Basketball World Reacts To Gonzaga, Michigan State Game

I don't think anybody (fans) really care. Hopefully the croots do.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-11-03, 08:30

NigelUno wrote:

It’s going to be 71 degrees in Michigan tomorrow
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-11-03, 08:57

NigelUno wrote:

Awesome. Maybe the team will practice outside.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-11-03, 09:26

NigelUno wrote:

Valley court. Maybe Skiles and skippy will show up
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-11-03, 10:25

duffy munn wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Valley court. Maybe Skiles and skippy will show up

I wonder if skippy is working in product development for a local herb business.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-09-15, 16:49

Somewhere, Mark Hollis is in a cold sweat. He isn’t sick, and he doesn’t know why, but it’s almost like someone else is doing something. Something he didn’t think of.

[tw]1692166275194134668[/tw]
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That, DWags and Turtleneck like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-09-15, 17:41

Once they get the sub stuff sorted out, MSU will play on the deck of the titanic under a dome. It will probably be against the Naval Academy.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-09-15, 18:00

I still want MSU to play a game on the Mackinac Bridge. Cams on the towers and attached to a fleet of helicopters covering all the angles.
Come on, somebody, make it happen.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-09-15, 22:03

tGreenWay wrote:I still want MSU to play a game on the Mackinac Bridge. Cams on the towers and attached to a fleet of helicopters covering all the angles.

They do have that game against UCLA on the porch of the Grand Hotel in 2027. Close enough.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-09-15, 23:01

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Somewhere, Mark Hollis is in a cold sweat. He isn’t sick, and he doesn’t know why, but it’s almost like someone else is doing something. Something he didn’t think of.

[tw]1692166275194134668[/tw]

“He’s so cold he couldn’t throw a basketball in a lake” has just brought on an ironic meaning.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-09-15, 23:58

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I still want MSU to play a game on the Mackinac Bridge. Cams on the towers and attached to a fleet of helicopters covering all the angles.

They do have that game against UCLA on the porch of the Grand Hotel in 2027. Close enough.

While I def appreciate your looking out for me, buddy, I’m still aiming for a bridge game. See, with the Grand being on the Island, that would make it a UP game. Nothing wrong with that. However, I want to see a Spartan game spanning both peninsulas.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-09-16, 08:23

Diving for the ball out of bounds might have a new meaning if the game is played on the bridge.

The porch isn't wide enough. Maybe at the fort.

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down