Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump weaponized the IRS

+3
GRR Spartan
Rocinante
DWags
7 posters

Go down

Trump weaponized the IRS Empty Trump weaponized the IRS

Post by DWags 2022-07-07, 09:25

I can’t believe how close we are to Tweetering on an authoritarian government, and his cult followers do not care.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/07/07/irs-audit-comey-mccabe/
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Trump weaponized the IRS Empty Re: Trump weaponized the IRS

Post by Rocinante 2022-07-07, 15:26

It seems some deep state bureaucrat decided to use his unelected authority to be punitive toward his master’s enemies.

Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-07-07, 15:28

Of course he did. That’s what people in power who want to overturn free election do.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaceman Spiff 2022-07-07, 16:14

Of course when Barack Hussien did it, libs thought it was the greatest. Hypocrite much GRRamps?

In case you've forgotten:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRS_targeting_controversy
In 2013, the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS), under the Obama administration, revealed that it had selected political groups applying for tax-exempt status for intensive scrutiny based on their names or political themes. This led to wide condemnation of the agency and triggered several investigations, including a Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) criminal probe ordered by United States Attorney General Eric Holder.
Spaceman Spiff
Spaceman Spiff
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-07-07, 16:45

More name calling from a “new poster”

In my lifetime there is one President who tried to overturn an election to stay in office. Donald J Trump.

Truth hurts.  Facts are mean.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaceman Spiff 2022-07-07, 17:32

I'm confused as you change the subject. Was it ok that Barack Hussien used the IRS to investigate Republicans or are you willing to admit you're a hypocrite?

Do I need seniority to pose a question to the Grand Wizard of this liberal dumping ground? Not asking for a friend, I really want to know as you keep bringing it up.

I recall you keeping your rolodex in RCMB so you're a good one to axe.
Spaceman Spiff
Spaceman Spiff
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-07-07, 17:58

Why some Wells refugees show up here attempting pick fights and Wellsify The Swill Bin is a mystery to me.

Topic is about the claim by former FBI Director Come and former FBI Deputy Director McCabe that former President Trump weaponized the FBI to go after them as individuals.

No one should be surprised the former President who tried to overturn the results of the 2020 election so he could stay in office would target two men he publicly disparaged when they wouldn't do his bidding.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-07-07, 18:07

GRR Spartan wrote:Why some Wells refugees show up here attempting pick fights and Wellsify The Swill Bin is a mystery to me.

Topic is about the claim by former FBI Director Come and former FBI Deputy Director McCabe that former President Trump weaponized the FBI to go after them as individuals.

No one should be surprised the former President who tried to overturn the results of the 2020 election so he could stay in office would target two men he publicly disparaged when they wouldn't do his bidding.

Seems a pretty simple and unsurprising to me. I guess it’s a little harder for numbersdude.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-07-07, 19:02

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Of course when Barack Hussien did it, libs thought it was the greatest. Hypocrite much GRRamps?

In case you've forgotten:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRS_targeting_controversy
In 2013, the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS), under the Obama administration, revealed that it had selected political groups applying for tax-exempt status for intensive scrutiny based on their names or political themes. This led to wide condemnation of the agency and triggered several investigations, including a Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) criminal probe ordered by United States Attorney General Eric Holder.
I remember that... it's how the scurvy pos right wing propaganda machine gets away with murder. (Tax free!)
It wasn't illegal because all the shitty dark money groups are "conservative" lol (and shitty).
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-07-07, 22:17

In the Trump case it probably was some toad sucking political appointee who was trying to make a name for themselves with "The Boss"

Back when the IRS went after the organizations which were claiming tax exempt status during Obama they went after both Republican and Democratic organizations which actually were both breaking the law.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down