Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What or how much do you think Trump offers Shirkey and Chatfield to throw the Michigan election to Trump?

+13
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
GRR Spartan
Rocinante
MiamiSpartan
kingstonlake
Motown Spartan
steveschneider
Watch Out Pylon!
AvgMSUJoe
Turtleneck
Robert J Sakimano
Jake from State Farm
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What or how much do you think Trump offers Shirkey and Chatfield to throw the Michigan election to Trump? Empty What or how much do you think Trump offers Shirkey and Chatfield to throw the Michigan election to Trump?

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-11-20, 09:14

Maybe a few hundred thousand or an ambassadorship.

Under Michigan law, any member of the Legislature who “corruptly” accepts a promise of some beneficial act in return for exercising his authority in a certain way is “forever disqualified to hold any public office” and “shall be guilty of a felony, punishable by imprisonment in the state prison not more than 10 years[.]”
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What or how much do you think Trump offers Shirkey and Chatfield to throw the Michigan election to Trump? Empty Re: What or how much do you think Trump offers Shirkey and Chatfield to throw the Michigan election to Trump?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-11-20, 09:26

said it yesterday.. little girls and cocaine.

and as good christians, they'll likely accept.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What or how much do you think Trump offers Shirkey and Chatfield to throw the Michigan election to Trump? Empty Re: What or how much do you think Trump offers Shirkey and Chatfield to throw the Michigan election to Trump?

Post by Turtleneck 2020-11-20, 09:37

“I would like you to do us a favor”
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-11-20, 09:40

AM radio interviews.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-11-20, 09:42

Be the queen of the right wing circle jerk ball for a day or week....
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-11-20, 09:44

"I can't promise anything, but if you do this for me I'll be grateful." *wink*
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-11-20, 09:46

Friday, November 20, 2020, 08:57 AM
Protesters Greet Shirkey At Airport; Chatfield Texts Benson While She's On CNN
Senate Majority Leader Mike Shirkey was greeted at Detroit Metropolitan Airport by a handful or protesters urging him to "protect our votes" before flying to Washington, D.C., to meet with President Donald Trump while House Speaker Lee Chatfield texted Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson as she was live on air with CNN, telling her he has not confirmed nor denied to anyone he is going.
Both Mr. Chatfield (R-Levering) and Mr. Shirkey (R-Clarklake) were invited by the president to a meeting amid Mr. Trump's attempts to overturn the election won by President-elect Joe Biden. Fox 2 News reporter Charlie Langton tweeted a video of Mr. Shirkey at the airport and said Mr. Shirkey said he was, "happy to meet with the president."
While Mr. Chatfield texted Ms. Benson saying he had not confirmed any meeting with Mr. Trump, he did not return a text message from Gongwer News Service shortly after asking if he was indeed going to the meeting.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-11-20, 09:51

I will support your challenger in the primary your next election if you don't do this for me.

(& 1 reason why we need publicly funded elections and no term limits)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-11-20, 09:54

I don't know I find the whole thing despicable and anti-American but Mitt Romney issued a statement about how Trump lost. I think it's over. I'm team MiamiSpartan but I think we all agree this kind of BS should be watched and we should all stand up for the system we love.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-11-20, 10:54

Not to diminish the assault on our Democracy but this isn’t about Trump/Biden. This is about James/Peters. Why the all out effort to overturn Michigan? At this point, if Michigan goes to Trump, he still loses. If Michigan and Pennsylvania go to Trump, Biden still wins. If the runoff in Georgia seats 2 Dem senators, the Senate is tied and Kamala Harris is the tie breaking vote.

But...if Trump can get James seated in Michigan, the Repubs maintain the Senate. This is also why we haven’t heard shit from James.

Just spitballing here.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-11-20, 11:01

James will be your next governor.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-11-20, 11:08

Turtleneck wrote:James will be your next governor.

He’s an asshat that thinks his upbringing should be the blueprint for everyone.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-11-20, 11:18

steveschneider wrote:I don't know I find the whole thing despicable and anti-American but Mitt Romney issued a statement about how Trump lost. I think it's over. I'm team MiamiSpartan but I think we all agree this kind of BS should be watched and we should all stand up for the system we love.
while I agree that democracy will likely survive this (for now), I think the intentions are to dismantle democracy for the '22 and/or '24 elections.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-11-20, 11:18

Motown Spartan wrote:Not to diminish the assault on our Democracy but this isn’t about Trump/Biden. This is about James/Peters. Why the all out effort to overturn Michigan? At this point, if Michigan goes to Trump, he still loses. If Michigan and Pennsylvania go to Trump, Biden still wins. If the runoff in Georgia seats 2 Dem senators, the Senate is tied and Kamala Harris is the tie breaking vote.

But...if Trump can get James seated in Michigan, the Repubs maintain the Senate. This is also why we haven’t heard shit from James.

Just spitballing here.
he's been busy spending time with his helicopters.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-11-20, 11:19

Jake from State Farm wrote:Maybe a few hundred thousand or an ambassadorship.

Under Michigan law, any member of the Legislature who “corruptly” accepts a promise of some beneficial act in return for exercising his authority in a certain way is “forever disqualified to hold any public office” and “shall be guilty of a felony, punishable by imprisonment in the state prison not more than 10 years[.]”

Wow. They law sounds very intimidating to a guy who would multiply his salary minimum 10x and get a full pardon.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-11-20, 11:41

kingstonlake wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:Maybe a few hundred thousand or an ambassadorship.

Wow. They law sounds very intimidating to a guy who would multiply his salary minimum 10x and get a full pardon.

I don’t believe the president can pardon someone for state crimes.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-11-20, 11:58

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I don't know I find the whole thing despicable and anti-American but Mitt Romney issued a statement about how Trump lost. I think it's over. I'm team MiamiSpartan but I think we all agree this kind of BS should be watched and we should all stand up for the system we love.
while I agree that democracy will likely survive this (for now), I think the intentions are to dismantle democracy for the '22 and/or '24 elections.

The system is breaking down. Overpopulation, greater inequality, hyper bipartisanship, disinformation bubbles, racism/rise of hate groups, para military groups, automation, greed and stupidity are major problems.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-11-20, 12:08

Motown Spartan wrote:Not to diminish the assault on our Democracy but this isn’t about Trump/Biden. This is about James/Peters. Why the all out effort to overturn Michigan? At this point, if Michigan goes to Trump, he still loses. If Michigan and Pennsylvania go to Trump, Biden still wins. If the runoff in Georgia seats 2 Dem senators, the Senate is tied and Kamala Harris is the tie breaking vote.

Just spitballing here.

I don't know, I don't think Trump gives a flying rat's ass about the Republican party controlling the Senate if he isn't in office to take advantage of it. If he cared about the party, he wouldn't be causing a ruckus at all and forcing them to not speak out against him.

I've said it before, but I think it is largely, if not all, about fundraising for himself and his campaign debt, since he is begging supporters multiple times per day to donate for this fight (where the fine print says that 60% of their donation goes to his campaign debt). If he gives up, donations stop.

I think his feud with Whitmer may play into it as well. He is heavily driven by spite and losing her state has to drive him crazy.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-11-20, 12:32

Motown Spartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I don’t believe the president can pardon someone for state crimes.

I have completed confidence they could navigate the process without an overt crime being committed.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-11-20, 13:47

Fuck Mitt Romney.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-11-20, 15:06

I agree Trump is in it for the money....

I don't think a recount would auto-magically include other races. The courts wouldn't allow a recount on the presidential in 2016 because the Green lady sued (Hillary didn't) so, it's not only particular to race, but also the person in the race.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-11-20, 16:29

Motown Spartan wrote:Not to diminish the assault on our Democracy but this isn’t about Trump/Biden. This is about James/Peters. Why the all out effort to overturn Michigan? At this point, if Michigan goes to Trump, he still loses. If Michigan and Pennsylvania go to Trump, Biden still wins.  If the runoff in Georgia seats 2 Dem senators, the Senate is tied and Kamala Harris is the tie breaking vote.  

Just spitballing here.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

The DeVos family looms large in national politics “dark money” and are the bankers for the MI GOP.  In 2 years they have spent at least $20M through their own PAC’s and “issue oriented PAC’s to get their employee’s husband elected to the US Senator. (Elizabeth has been a VP of something at Amway since January 2019) They also produced all of James TV and radio spots . A niece of Betsy DeVos was hired to head up James campaign video production.

I suspect they are offering Lee Chatfield a high profile job where he can continue to get media coverage followed by the MI GOP telling current 73 year old MI 1st Congressman  Jack Bergman it’s time to retire and Chatfield runs for Congress.  

They can offer Shirkey funding so he can run for Governor in 2022.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-11-20, 16:47

Trump is as vindictive of a person as you’ll ever find. This is also saying a big fuck you to all the Democrats who implied he won with Russia’s help in 16. But this is payback on steroids. 70% of republicans believe its stolen. He’s avenged that already, now it’s about grabbing money and creating chaos on the way out.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-11-20, 18:28

They just put out a statement that is very responsible and practical. I don't believe a word of it.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake and MattyFresh like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-11-20, 18:29

I did see GA certified so at least they're off the table.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-11-20, 19:22

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:They just put out a statement that is very responsible and practical. I don't believe a word of it.
Yup, waiting for the other shoe to drop. These fuckers are as shitty as any R.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-11-20, 19:28

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:They just put out a statement that is very responsible and practical. I don't believe a word of it.
Yup, waiting for the other shoe to drop. These fuckers are as shitty as any R.

Near as I can figure, there's no need to go allllll the way to the White House if that's the statement they really wanted to make. Unless they really wondered what favors Trump would offer before releasing it. Turns out it wasn't enough to light a match to it. So, yeah, as shifty as any R.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-11-20, 19:57

I'm guessing that racists Shirkey and Chatfield are gonna make sure their christian hero sends Michigan money to fight the virus they caused, then they'll make sure black votes in Detroit don't count.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-11-21, 09:57

"We will follow the law"  translated is we can make sure there is a 2-2 tie at the State Board of Canvassers.   We will work to get John James declared the winner or at least keep legal challenges and recount going to delay Gary Perters being sworn on January 3.  

In 2014 with a much closer vote margin Al Franken's swearing in to the US Senate was delayed 246 days after election. 11% of the 6 year term,  as the GOP along with Norm Coleman kept filing legal challenges regarding a recount and validity of ballots.  

Keeping Peters out of the US Senate for a portion of his term increases the GOP majority.  Mitch McConnell won't mind.   If their candidate can't win the DeVos GOP bank will be happy to keep James name in the media while keeping Peters out of the Senate depriving MI out of its rightful representation.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2020-11-21, 21:56; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-11-21, 14:51

[tw]1330174732432445442[/tw]

You would think these guys might have heard about people having cameras in their phones these days. I mean, everywhere.

[tw]1330156815909326850[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-11-21, 16:50

Winner winner chicken dinner.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/11/21/state-national-gop-seek-delay-certification-election-results/6373717002/?fbclid=IwAR1Haob5ZurRD2Nixu1M2nl9aCUpCL_y09Lw9-njmIPUEXj8V9KgNwbajG8
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-11-21, 19:47

I like the people who thought that the racist christians went to talk about COVID with the racist christian.

What or how much do you think Trump offers Shirkey and Chatfield to throw the Michigan election to Trump? 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-11-23, 01:46

So I think we know what happens next right? The canvassers will deadlock tomorrow. I think from my understanding that this will be a delay tactic, at least this is what they will claim. They won't certify until there's a full audit. Big Gretch week step in to try to appoint the electors, and the legislature will throw a fit. I think the call on whether to certify the vote tally in MI is going to end up in the hands of the state supreme court. We can only hope that they try to uphold democracy rather than vote on party lines. I know that not certifying doesn't give the State to Trump, and worst case if it did, it's not enough to turn the election, but yeah there's a little bit of worry on there that if they see one state go down this path, others may follow suit.

It is insane to me that anyone with half of a brain knows that this was a standard election with little to no fraud, but we're going to allow it to go down this path anyway. He is lying. Duh. They know he's lying. It seems they're pushing forward anyway. Is it because they fear him or because they want to swing the balance of power? I'm not sure. It's fucking bizarre. I hope I'm wrong and that they go ahead and certify tomorrow.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro 2020-11-23, 05:18

If they were able to flip a state from what the people voted to Trump, and please don't let that be Michigan, would that be the impetus for the removal of the stupid, out-dated electoral college? I mean ignoring cast votes is a true constitutional crisis and maybe that would stir enough people to get the Consitution changed.

But let it be PA or GA or WI, please not Michigan.
gomersbro
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-11-23, 05:32

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:So I think we know what happens next right? The canvassers will deadlock tomorrow. I think from my understanding that this will be a delay tactic, at least this is what they will claim. They won't certify until there's a full audit. Big Gretch week step in to try to appoint the electors, and the legislature will throw a fit. I think the call on whether to certify the vote tally in MI is going to end up in the hands of the state supreme court. We can only hope that they try to uphold democracy rather than vote on party lines. I know that not certifying doesn't give the State to Trump, and worst case if it did, it's not enough to turn the election, but yeah there's a little bit of worry on there that if they see one state go down this path, others may follow suit.

It is insane to me that anyone with half of a brain knows that this was a standard election with little to no fraud, but we're going to allow it to go down this path anyway. He is lying. Duh. They know he's lying. It seems they're pushing forward anyway. Is it because they fear him or because they want to swing the balance of power? I'm not sure. It's fucking bizarre. I hope I'm wrong and that they go ahead and certify tomorrow.

As a point of legal order, there can't be an audit without certification. I heard Benson say that repeatedly yesterday.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-11-23, 07:56

Watch for Aaron Von Langevelde’s vote.  He is legal adviser for the state legislature and got his current job through Chatfield.  If it’s 3-1 it’s his vote that will break the tie.

Tin foil hat thought:  Some major GOP donors who don’t want Trump to continue the election fight have gotten to Chatfield and told him he doesn’t need to be subservient to the DeVos machine.  Chatfield is under 40 his career is politics.  

PS
Besides Chatfield and Shirkey, who were the other 5 MI state legislators meeting with Trump?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-11-23, 08:10

Floyd Robertson wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:So I think we know what happens next right? The canvassers will deadlock tomorrow. I think from my understanding that this will be a delay tactic, at least this is what they will claim. They won't certify until there's a full audit. Big Gretch week step in to try to appoint the electors, and the legislature will throw a fit. I think the call on whether to certify the vote tally in MI is going to end up in the hands of the state supreme court. We can only hope that they try to uphold democracy rather than vote on party lines. I know that not certifying doesn't give the State to Trump, and worst case if it did, it's not enough to turn the election, but yeah there's a little bit of worry on there that if they see one state go down this path, others may follow suit.

As a point of legal order, there can't be an audit without certification. I heard Benson say that repeatedly yesterday.

Yes, so it is stupid of them to not certify. The certification in any state doesn't mean that it is over, as I believe candidates can only request an official recount or audit after certification (states can do recounts prior to that of they want, as was the case in GA). Theres still a couple of weeks before we get to the safe harbor date.

I say let the audit go forth. If there was somehow wrong counts or fraud of over 154k or whatever the margin is, then Trump deserves to win the state.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-11-23, 08:19

I'm still shocked that the Republican party is anti-American, has contempt for the Constitution, and full of racists.

I mean, who would've thought?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-11-23, 08:20

gomersbro wrote:If they were able to flip a state from what the people voted to Trump, and please don't let that be Michigan, would that be the impetus for the removal of the stupid, out-dated electoral college? I mean ignoring cast votes is a true constitutional crisis and maybe that would stir enough people to get the Consitution changed.

Given the 2/3 majority required, I don’t think that will happen until a conservative wins the popular vote and loses the election. If that were to happen it would change overnight. But that will
never happen because conservatives are hopelessly unpopular so we’re pretty stuck.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-11-23, 09:08

gomersbro wrote:If they were able to flip a state from what the people voted to Trump, and please don't let that be Michigan, would that be the impetus for the removal of the stupid, out-dated electoral college? I mean ignoring cast votes is a true constitutional crisis and maybe that would stir enough people to get the Consitution changed.

As I've often stated, I am in favor of the electoral college at least in some form (it has been hashed and rehashed to death, so no need to get into it here), but I am in favor of improving it. The problem we are potentially seeing is not with the electoral college concept, but how it still comes down to individual electors. At the very least that should be made so that the electoral votes automatically go to the winner of the states' popular vote. That should be bipartisan, because it could be used against Rs as much as Ds (in fact some Republican electors did try to vote against Trump 4 years ago).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next