Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Griner pleads guilty

+15
aualum06
AvgMSUJoe
duffy munn
StylesGShmooth
Cameron
Nordic
Turtleneck
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
kingstonlake
Robert J Sakimano
tGreenWay
InTenSity
DWags
PennSpartan
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Griner pleads guilty  - Page 2 Empty Re: Griner pleads guilty

Post by Motown Spartan Thu 8 Dec 2022 - 21:18

aualum06 wrote:
DWags wrote:So we get our basketball player back who likes a bit of weed and I assume they get a terrorist back who has killed people?

Yeah not the best look

Bout is wanted in 11 countries, including countries that are closely aligned with Russia. Just because he’s back in Russia doesn’t make him a free man. He won’t be allowed to walk free in Russia or the few players on the international stage that still have relations with Russia will turn their backs as well.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu 8 Dec 2022 - 21:35

Ok. So those that don't agree.  How does it also look,  if they don't agree to the trade.  BG a few years later is dead at a penal colony,  then it comes out she could've been freed. I think you have to do what you can to free her or any American.  Unfortunately high profile US citizens are going to have to be really careful about countries they go to.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Cameron, tGreenWay, Motown Spartan, Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 8 Dec 2022 - 22:34

While I shouldn’t have been, I was perplexed by the level of anger by some on social media not just that Whelan wasn’t freed, but that BG was. Someone needs to remind those pinheads that it’s not first come, first served. Russia wasn’t willing to deal on Whelan, at least not now, and that’s after months of negotiating. There’s obviously a political component involved, with a bunch of angry white males pissed that Biden got a win, so they played up the Whelan is left behind angle. Some of those who were angry that a black lesbian who smoked weed gets to go home before the button-down shirted white guy. But I’m with Motown on this; Whelan is either a corporate spy or working for one of the three-letter agencies. His story seems really sus.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Floyd Robertson, InTenSity, duffy munn, Trapper Gus and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 8 Dec 2022 - 22:44

tGreenWay wrote:While I shouldn’t have been, I was perplexed by the level of anger by some on social media not just that Whelan wasn’t freed, but that BG was. Someone needs to remind those pinheads that it’s not first come, first served. Russia wasn’t willing to deal on Whelan, at least not now, and that’s after months of negotiating. There’s obviously a political component involved, with a bunch of angry white males pissed that Biden got a win, so they played up the Whelan is left behind angle. Some of those who were angry that a black lesbian who smoked weed gets to go home before the button-down shirted white guy. But I’m with Motown on this; Whelan is either a corporate spy or working for one of the three-letter agencies. His story seems really sus.

They’ve also been spin up that Griner kneeled during the anthem (one of the more patriotic things an American could do tbh) and there are probably plenty that think she’s trans. It’s not about the Russian guy that they heard of for the first time this morning, or that they know anything about how this kind of international relation works, it’s that they don’t like her and were glad she was in a Russian prison.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Thu 8 Dec 2022 - 23:18

A bunch of conservative white people are pissed a black woman was released from prison while a white man was left in. I’m shocked I tell you, shocked!
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

InTenSity, tGreenWay and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 9 Dec 2022 - 10:14

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:While I shouldn’t have been, I was perplexed by the level of anger by some on social media not just that Whelan wasn’t freed, but that BG was. Someone needs to remind those pinheads that it’s not first come, first served. Russia wasn’t willing to deal on Whelan, at least not now, and that’s after months of negotiating. There’s obviously a political component involved, with a bunch of angry white males pissed that Biden got a win, so they played up the Whelan is left behind angle. Some of those who were angry that a black lesbian who smoked weed gets to go home before the button-down shirted white guy. But I’m with Motown on this; Whelan is either a corporate spy or working for one of the three-letter agencies. His story seems really sus.

They’ve also been spin up that Griner kneeled during the anthem (one of the more patriotic things an American could do tbh) and there are probably plenty that think she’s trans. It’s not about the Russian guy that they heard of for the first time this morning, or that they know anything about how this kind of international relation works, it’s that they don’t like her and were glad she was in a Russian prison.
Yep. Insecure white guys are insecure.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri 9 Dec 2022 - 12:04

DWags wrote:So we get our basketball player back who likes a bit of weed and I assume they get a terrorist back who has killed people?

Don't think he directly pulled the trigger and killed people, more that he supplied terrorists with weapons to kill people?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 9 Dec 2022 - 15:40

Trapper Gus wrote:

Don't think he directly pulled the trigger and killed people, more that he supplied terrorists with weapons to kill people?
so he's basically the NRA and  "pro-life" GOP.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags, Trapper Gus and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 9 Dec 2022 - 16:00

Just a friendly reminder that the world's largest arms exporter (so kind of the world's largest arms dealer) is...checks notes...the United States. Today there will be people killed in such places as Yemen with munitions and weapons proudly made in the USA.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano, Travis of the Cosmos, Cameron and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Fri 9 Dec 2022 - 16:04

Turtleneck wrote:Just a friendly reminder that the world's largest arms exporter (so kind of the world's largest arms dealer) is...checks notes...the United States. Today there will be people killed in such places as Yemen with munitions and weapons proudly made in the USA.

I've heard the point made elsewhere that it's not like locking this one guy up means no more illicit arms deals to entities which we would prefer remain unarmed. If some extremist rebels want a bunch of AKs, there's any number of people/groups out there only too happy to take their money. So anyone criticizing the Griner swap on those grounds is either not thinking clearly or being disingenuous.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2