Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did Chief Brody get the $3000 from Alex Kintner's mom?

+6
steveschneider
kingstonlake
DroppedByADime
Rodeo Burger
WhiteBoyHatcher
NigelUno
10 posters

Go down

Did Chief Brody get the $3000 from Alex Kintner's mom? Empty Did Chief Brody get the $3000 from Alex Kintner's mom?

Post by NigelUno Mon 4 Aug 2014 - 23:04

Seems like he should have.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Did Chief Brody get the $3000 from Alex Kintner's mom? Empty Re: Did Chief Brody get the $3000 from Alex Kintner's mom?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon 4 Aug 2014 - 23:09

Dude are we talking Jaws? I got money on the Doyers but what channel?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Did Chief Brody get the $3000 from Alex Kintner's mom? Empty Re: Did Chief Brody get the $3000 from Alex Kintner's mom?

Post by NigelUno Mon 4 Aug 2014 - 23:10

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Dude are we talking Jaws? I got money on the Doyers but what channel?

AMC.

Great movie. Funny.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger Mon 4 Aug 2014 - 23:40

Great flick. I read the book too. In the book Richard Dreyfuss' character banged Chief Brody's wife. Not cool at all, I'm glad they left that out of the movie.

Anyway, here's one of the best rants you'll ever see in a move, courtesy of our friend Quint:

You tell it Quint

Or, the transcript if you don't have 4 minutes:

Hooper (Richard Dreyfuss): You were on the Indianapolis?

Brody (Roy Scheider): What happened?

Quint: Japanese submarine slammed two torpedoes into our side, chief. It was comin' back, from the island of Tinian to Laytee, just delivered the bomb. The Hiroshima bomb. Eleven hundred men went into the water. Vessel went down in twelve minutes. Didn't see the first shark for about a half an hour. Tiger. Thirteen footer. You know how you know that when you're in the water, chief? You tell by lookin' from the dorsal to the tail. What we didn't know... was our bomb mission had been so secret, no distress signal had been sent. Huh huh. They didn't even list us overdue for a week. Very first light, chief. The sharks come cruisin'. So we formed ourselves into tight groups. You know it's... kinda like ol' squares in battle like a, you see on a calendar, like the battle of Waterloo. And the idea was, the shark comes to the nearest man and that man, he'd start poundin' and hollerin' and screamin' and sometimes the shark would go away. Sometimes he wouldn't go away. Sometimes that shark, he looks right into you. Right into your eyes. You know the thing about a shark, he's got...lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eye. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be livin'. Until he bites ya and those black eyes roll over white. And then, ah then you hear that terrible high pitch screamin' and the ocean turns red and spite of all the poundin' and the hollerin' they all come in and rip you to pieces.
Y'know by the end of that first dawn, lost a hundred men! I don't know how many sharks, maybe a thousand! I don't know how many men, they averaged six an hour. On Thursday mornin' chief, I bumped into a friend of mine, Herbie Robinson from Cleveland. Baseball player, boson's mate. I thought he was asleep, reached over to wake him up. Bobbed up and down in the water, just like a kinda top. Up ended. Well... he'd been bitten in half below the waist. Noon the fifth day, Mr. Hooper, a Lockheed Ventura saw us, he swung in low and he saw us. He's a young pilot, a lot younger than Mr. Hooper, anyway he saw us and come in low. And three hours later a big fat PBY comes down and start to pick us up. You know that was the time I was most frightened? Waitin' for my turn. I'll never put on a lifejacket again. So, eleven hundred men went in the water, three hundred and sixteen men come out, the sharks took the rest, June the 29, 1945. Anyway, we delivered the bomb.

Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DroppedByADime Mon 4 Aug 2014 - 23:44

Hooper drives the boat, chief.
DroppedByADime
DroppedByADime
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DroppedByADime Mon 4 Aug 2014 - 23:45

Ps. Hooper does in the book, too
DroppedByADime
DroppedByADime
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DroppedByADime Mon 4 Aug 2014 - 23:45

Dies
DroppedByADime
DroppedByADime
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 5 Aug 2014 - 0:18

There's a word for it.

Drowning.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 5 Aug 2014 - 3:11

Would not bang.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 5 Aug 2014 - 12:29

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/shark-week/about-this-show/worst-shark-attack.htm

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Tue 5 Aug 2014 - 13:12

NigelUno wrote:Seems like he should have.

The way things worked out he never really had to pay did he?
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by All Your Base Tue 5 Aug 2014 - 13:17

One of my favorite monologues in all the movies.
All Your Base
All Your Base
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Oj Wed 6 Aug 2014 - 19:53

Stop playing with yourself, Hooper.
Oj
Oj
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Tanner Wed 6 Aug 2014 - 20:40

Apparently Mrs. Kintner's slap to Brody's face was real. He said it hurt like hell in a documentary
Danny Tanner
Danny Tanner
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down