Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I’m sticking with this team each Saturday unless I hear the following:

+5
Turtleneck
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
DWags
9 posters

Go down

I’m sticking with this team each Saturday unless I hear the following: Empty I’m sticking with this team each Saturday unless I hear the following:

Post by DWags Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:39 pm

Captains called a “players only” meeting. If our staff lets this happen, I’m done. No more games for me in EL. Just a tube watcher.

Gather the kids up, let ‘em know we aren’t practicing to beat Maryland, we’re practicing to settle starting line ups. Coach the hell out of em, and if one player says “coach we’d like a players only meeting” tell them it better be to organize film study among position groups at various apartments around campus and nothing else.

Please baby Jesus don’t let us hear the dreaded three words that do nothing for the team but let the public know you think it’s everyone’s fault but yours and you’re going to public ally spread blame.

Sorry guys dumb rant over. But I’m serious.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano, Pervis Muldoon, Trapper Gus, Jake from State Farm, kingstonlake and Polydorus like this post

Back to top Go down

I’m sticking with this team each Saturday unless I hear the following: Empty Re: I’m sticking with this team each Saturday unless I hear the following:

Post by NigelUno Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:00 am

I think part of the problem is our captain type players (I think they're named weekly) have been getting injured (and therefore not on the field...Henderson, Snow, Reed) or not playing great.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I’m sticking with this team each Saturday unless I hear the following: Empty Re: I’m sticking with this team each Saturday unless I hear the following:

Post by DWags Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:35 am

I have no problem with the injuries and such. Part of football. I don't know of one example in the history of sport where a team announces "players only meeting" and that team isn't just a horse shit team afterward.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:38 pm

DWags wrote:I have no problem with the injuries and such.  Part of football.  I don't know of one example in the history of sport where a team announces "players only meeting" and that team isn't just a horse shit team afterward.  

Football?  Yeah.  Can't say I remember any.  

Basketball.  We've had a few I think.  A little different.  Smaller roster.

How a Michigan State players-only meeting sparked Final Four run
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:42 pm

I believe I heard that the Celtics had a players only meeting last year then they made the nba finals.

Of course, their players only meeting might have just been because their coach was busy at the time
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:44 pm

If MSU had a players only meeting would there be more than 5 or 6 guys as of right now?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:06 pm

Well, a defensive unit players-only meeting. Paywalled.

Inside the players-only defensive meeting after Michigan State's loss to Minnesota

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/college/msu/football/2022/09/27/michigan-state-football-inside-msu-players-only-defensive-meeting/69523527007/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:19 pm

Oh crap!
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:20 pm

Turtleneck wrote:Well, a defensive unit players-only meeting. Paywalled.

Inside the players-only defensive meeting after Michigan State's loss to Minnesota

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/college/msu/football/2022/09/27/michigan-state-football-inside-msu-players-only-defensive-meeting/69523527007/

I’m sticking with this team each Saturday unless I hear the following: 502811600

Just start working for next year. We’re gonna be good. Real good. But… I’m watching em on tv from here on out.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:38 pm

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Well, a defensive unit players-only meeting. Paywalled.

I’m sticking with this team each Saturday unless I hear the following: 502811600

Just start working for next year. We’re gonna be good. Real good. But… I’m watching em on tv from here on out.
I bet you show up for one more dwags
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:41 pm

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:

I bet you show up for one more dwags

Probably. I love the team too much. But damn.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:48 pm

DWags wrote:
duffy munn wrote: I bet you show up for one more dwags

Probably. I love the team too much. But damn.

And you miss Jingles and so does Mrs Dwags
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:03 pm

Is a players only defensive meeting really much different than a players + hazelton meeting?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:14 pm

Windmon called the meeting. That makes me think we should ease up on the coaches a bit.  This is not a deep roster built from the ground up with guys who grow in the system and can bring each new class along with them. I still think Mel can eventually get it to that point, and I'll trust him to make his own staffing choices. This season will be one we'll have to endure.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Trapper Gus and Polydorus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:31 am

No way man, we are gunna win soooo much.

Players only meetings, FOREVA!!!
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down