Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michigan with a Dem Majority

+7
Motown Spartan
NigelUno
RQA
Robert J Sakimano
Travis of the Cosmos
Trapper Gus
AvgMSUJoe
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Michigan with a Dem Majority - Page 2 Empty Re: Michigan with a Dem Majority

Post by RQA 2022-11-14, 11:42

Trapper Gus wrote:
RQA wrote:

But I will explain ...

MI 10 refers to the 10th Michigan House of Representative district.    The democrat candidate was Carl Marlinga and the republican John James.

Your fellow leftists have been decrying the racist Republican party but as the discussion went on it became clear that they were wishing that the old white guy (Marlinga) had won rather than the young black guy (James)

Now what else have I posted that you don't understand?

I don't understand why you think that supporting an old white guy who is against racist policies is worse than supporting a younger Black guy who supports racist policies?
DWags wrote:
RQA wrote:

But I will explain ...

MI 10 refers to the 10th Michigan House of Representative district.    The democrat candidate was Carl Marlinga and the republican John James.

Your fellow leftists have been decrying the racist Republican party but as the discussion went on it became clear that they were wishing that the old white guy (Marlinga) had won rather than the young black guy (James)

Now what else have I posted that you don't understand?

So, if a politician, who happens to be a person of color, is anti lgbtq anti choice, anti body autonomy, pro big Pharma. Pro Wall Street bail outs but anti student loan bailouts, liberals should vote for this person because they are a person of color?

If you cant see how fucked up your values are, I can’t help you.

Just looking for clarification as to when we pick by skin color and when we don't.

So pick by skin color for medical school and Harvard but not for the HOR?
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-14, 12:21

RQA wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I don't understand why you think that supporting an old white guy who is against racist policies is worse than supporting a younger Black guy who supports racist policies?
DWags wrote:

So, if a politician, who happens to be a person of color, is anti lgbtq anti choice,  anti body autonomy, pro big Pharma. Pro Wall Street bail outs but anti student loan bailouts, liberals should vote for this person because they are a person of color?  

Just looking for clarification as to when we pick by skin color and when we don't.

The Voting Rights Act has somthing to say about minorities having the opportunity, via districting, to have the chance of having minority majority districts for the purpose of increasing minorities in Congress.  However, it does not mandate minority candidates only.

In James case, the Democratic.Party really didn't try to hold the district, which they easily could have.

The Voting Rights Act provides more opportunities for minority politicians.

Similarly, the consideration of minority status during the admissions process to colleges also provides an equal opportunity for minorities to attend college.

Same thing.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-11-14, 12:58

Trapper Gus wrote:

Similarly, the consideration of minority status during the admissions process to colleges also provides an equal opportunity for minorities to attend college.

I see. Liberals support the VRA the goal of which is to have people of a certain color in the HOR. And liberals also support picking med students by color.

But when actually offered a choice .... liberals pick the old white guy!

Michigan with a Dem Majority - Page 2 502811600
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-11-14, 13:04

glad to see the pro-life christians are handling the Michigan blue wave so well.. Michigan with a Dem Majority - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-11-14, 13:20

“Democrats voted for the democrat candidate, more on this on going breaking news at 11 where we will bring you all of the most recent developments”
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-14, 13:29

RQA wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I see. Liberals support the VRA the goal of which is to have people of a certain color in the HOR. And liberals also support picking med students by color.

But when actually offered a choice .... liberals pick the old white guy!

Michigan with a Dem Majority - Page 2 502811600

You don't know that. It is a secret ballot.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-11-14, 14:45

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:“Democrats voted for the democrat candidate, more on this on going breaking news at 11 where we will bring you all of the most recent developments”
More like:
Trickster Rs disappointed throwing out minority candidates didn't confuse voters into voting againt their best interests. (unlike the status quo for dumb white poor "christians")
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-11-14, 21:53

RQA wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

DWags wrote:

So, if a politician, who happens to be a person of color, is anti lgbtq anti choice, anti body autonomy, pro big Pharma. Pro Wall Street bail outs but anti student loan bailouts, liberals should vote for this person because they are a person of color?

I’m not going to go back and forth with you because I do really believe you are a racist and we know you don’t ever want to debate honestly. So, yes I don’t line back and forth with racist liars but I’ll explain this slowly. You of course can ignore it because I don’t really care as I really do get disgusted with some of the shit that you spew, but here goes.

Equal opportunity laws are laws of the land. We can debate their merits. Whether they’re there to balance a playing field for kids in high school ghettos competing with suburban mega schools or they am jes hepin dem black kids an it ain fair. If you don’t like the rules, work to change them. Fuck that ten year old black kid who has a ton of potential but goes to bed hungry each night or is raising himself. My two daughters who had way more support a much better high school experience and two college degree parents that could help them negotiate the sat and college APPs should be judged exactly the same as that kid cause fuck him tough luck where he grew up.

Change that to the way you want it you racist uncaring self absorbed Maga. Do it politically.

But voting? It’s your vote. Only your vote. No government rules telling you who to vote for or who you shouldn’t. You and you alone walk in and pull the trigger. No government equal opportunity you must vote for this person. You admit here in this thread you do that by skin color and not by values. That’s disgusting.

Disagree with EOA all you want. But it’s one man
One vote. You do that by skin color. That’s bullshit.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

gomersbro and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-15, 05:59

DWags wrote:
RQA wrote:

I’m not going to go back and forth with you because I do really believe you are a racist and we know you don’t ever want to debate honestly.  So, yes I don’t line back and forth with racist liars but I’ll explain this slowly. You of course can ignore it because I don’t really care as I really do get disgusted with some of the shit that you spew, but here goes.

Equal opportunity laws are laws of the land. We can debate their merits. Whether they’re there to balance a playing field for kids in high school ghettos competing with suburban mega schools or they am jes hepin dem black kids an it ain fair. If you don’t like the rules, work to change them. Fuck that ten year old black kid who has a ton of potential but goes to bed hungry each night or is raising himself. My two daughters who had way more support a much better high school experience and two college degree parents that could help them negotiate the sat and college APPs should be judged exactly the same as that kid cause fuck him tough luck where he grew up.  

Change that to the way you want it you racist uncaring self absorbed Maga.  Do it politically.

But voting?  It’s your vote. Only your vote. No government rules telling you who to vote for or who you shouldn’t. You and you alone walk in and pull the trigger. No government equal opportunity you must vote for this person. You admit here in this thread you do that by skin color and not by values.  That’s disgusting.  

Disagree with EOA all you want. But it’s one man
One vote. You do that by skin color.  That’s bullshit.

Dwags, we don't kmow how RQA votes.  All we know is that he wants rag on liberals for not voting based only on skin color, but only when the person with that color of skin has an R by their name on the ballot.

He seems totally incapable of holding more than one fact about reality in his head at one time.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2