Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pregame Must-Win Penn State thread

+7
AvgMSUJoe
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
Other Teams Pursuing That
Trapper Gus
NigelUno
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Pregame Must-Win Penn State thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Pregame Must-Win Penn State thread

Post by DWags Wed 7 Dec 2022 - 21:24

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Those bet slips scream anything but a problem

The Pregame Must-Win Penn State thread - Page 2 502811600

So true. I never go over 100 bucks a week output. And, if I win 30 or 40 bucks on a weekday that doesn’t mean I spend 130 or 140 bucks on football on the weekend. My limit is always $100 total output per week that’s it

And I never bet against the boys to lose. It’s always to win if I bet MSU. Honestly, I thought we would be giving up threes to Penn State but I thought Izzo’s would have them ready for a win. Thought it was easy money taking Michigan State the points and over 126.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The Pregame Must-Win Penn State thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Pregame Must-Win Penn State thread

Post by NigelUno Thu 8 Dec 2022 - 7:31

DWags wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Those bet slips scream anything but a problem

The Pregame Must-Win Penn State thread - Page 2 502811600

So true. I never go over 100 bucks a week output. And, if I win 30 or 40 bucks on a weekday that doesn’t mean I spend 130 or 140 bucks on football on the weekend. My limit is always $100 total output per week that’s it

And I never bet against the boys to lose. It’s always to win if I bet MSU. Honestly, I thought we would be giving up threes to Penn State but I thought Izzo’s would have them ready for a win. Thought it was easy money taking Michigan State the points and over 126.

And the over was probably the safer bet. It was Penn State’s lowest point output this year.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 8 Dec 2022 - 9:30

Seems like when Joey has a good night the team wins. Not saying he's the best player but he seems to be the canary in the coal mine. When I see Joey hitting shots I like our chances.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu 8 Dec 2022 - 9:56

steveschneider wrote:Seems like when Joey has a good night the team wins. Not saying he's the best player but he seems to be the canary in the coal mine. When I see Joey hitting shots I like our chances.

2, 9, 10, 12 points in losses.
12, 13, 14, 18, 18, 23 points in wins.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu 8 Dec 2022 - 10:05

It's all about to change again when Hall comes back. He is 15 pts, good sized defender... and has been the "go to" guy a couple times last year (back to the basket in the paint force a basket type moves). So Izzo currently has 4 "go to" guys on this team... and if at least 2 are clicking, they should be fine.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu 8 Dec 2022 - 10:19

Kohler is going to be a very good player. He has decent post moves, can get a shot off, isn't afraid to shoot, has good touch, and can pass out of a double team.

They were doubling him last night. If he can improve a little on the defensive end, he's going to get a ton of minutes going forward.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 8 Dec 2022 - 10:53

NigelUno wrote:Kohler is going to be a very good player. He has decent post moves, can get a shot off, isn't afraid to shoot, has good touch, and can pass out of a double team.

They were doubling him last night. If he can improve a little on the defensive end, he's going to get a ton of minutes going forward.

He is already playing at a very high level on the offensive end and it looks like there's more upside to his game. His defense seems like it's already improving, during the Gonzaga game he looked beyond lost on defense. I think this is the type of recruit the team and program has needed.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Thu 8 Dec 2022 - 12:49

NigelUno wrote:Kohler is going to be a very good player. He has decent post moves, can get a shot off, isn't afraid to shoot, has good touch, and can pass out of a double team.

Kid has a lot of natural basketball talent but lacks athleticism. But his biggest issue right now is his body. He tires too easily and isn't strong enough to grab boards in traffic. An off season or two in the weight room and he's going to be really good.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 8 Dec 2022 - 13:32

One thought Carson Cooper has a ridiculous wing span. On one of his defensive sets was impressed how wide he could get with his span. Looks like the type of player that can clog lanes, make passing difficult and induce turnovers.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu 8 Dec 2022 - 15:06

The biggest lesson most of the bigs have to learn is they don't need to jump around and swat at every shot on D. Just get position and stand there as big and tall as you can and stick your hands strait up, don't get pushed away... perfect D for them... Seems like simplifying it for them wouldn't be difficult to do. The less you do the better.
GET Position and BE TALL.

NOTE: Jealous short guy comment.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Other Teams Pursuing That and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu 8 Dec 2022 - 15:24

AvgMSUJoe wrote:The biggest lesson most of the bigs have to learn is they don't need to jump around and swat at every shot on D. Just get position and stand there as big and tall as you can and stick your hands strait up, don't get pushed away... perfect D for them... Seems like simplifying it for them wouldn't be difficult to do. The less you do the better.
GET Position and BE TALL.

NOTE: Jealous short guy comment.

They are coached to hold their arms straight up. I know this because they all hold their arms straight up after they reach and get called for a foul.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2