Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old timers: which free throws were you more upset by?

+3
Turtleneck
duffy munn
DWags
7 posters

Go down

Which free throws upset you the most?

Old timers:  which free throws were you more upset by?  Vote_lcap100%Old timers:  which free throws were you more upset by?  Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 3 ]
Old timers:  which free throws were you more upset by?  Vote_lcap0%Old timers:  which free throws were you more upset by?  Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3

Old timers:  which free throws were you more upset by?  Empty Old timers: which free throws were you more upset by?

Post by DWags 2023-01-04, 17:26

1986 Michigan state versus Kansas: Mark Brown, Larry Police miss front end of a one and one, while the team had been shooting about 86% from the line that year, we lose to Kansas, most likely, causing Jud Heathcote, his second national title.

Steven Izzo, throwing up an air ball last night.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Old timers:  which free throws were you more upset by?  Empty Re: Old timers: which free throws were you more upset by?

Post by duffy munn 2023-01-04, 17:40

Skiles missed a huge front end against Kansas too. But Smitty's front end miss vs Georgia Tech is one the for me. He makes them both and Kenny Anderson doesn't happen
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, tGreenWay, AvgMSUJoe and gomersbro like this post

Back to top Go down

Old timers:  which free throws were you more upset by?  Empty Re: Old timers: which free throws were you more upset by?

Post by DWags 2023-01-04, 17:54

duffy munn wrote:Skiles missed a huge front end against Kansas too. But Smitty's front end miss vs Georgia Tech is one the for me. He makes them both and Kenny Anderson doesn't happen

He hit the two techs that Larry Brown got right after that miss.  Brown got the tech for shaking his program at Jud because Jud was out of the box complaining about the clock. Brown hit a ref or his whistle by accident.  Classic game. Wish MSU wasn’t on the losing end.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-01-04, 17:56

duffy munn wrote:Skiles missed a huge front end against Kansas too. But Smitty's front end miss vs Georgia Tech is one the for me. He makes them both and Kenny Anderson doesn't happen

Are you saying if he makes the free throws Kenny Anderson's parents don't have sex that night and he is never born even though he was already born and playing in the game? Is this another Christopher Nolan thread?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

gomersbro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-01-04, 18:18

You know I had that little piss ant from Mio (I think) erased from my memory banks. Thanks a lot Wags.

Edit: Hastings?

Last edited by kingstonlake on 2023-01-04, 19:38; edited 1 time in total
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-04, 18:58

While the two that was called a three was fucking stupid, the clock not running when the opposition had the ball was much worse, but if we want to relive old pain the non-call on Butler was tops.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Cameron, tGreenWay and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2023-01-04, 20:06

I thought this was going to be old timers arguing about overhand free throws as opposed to granny style.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-01-04, 20:14

MiamiSpartan wrote:I thought this was going to be old timers arguing about overhand free throws as opposed to granny style.

Not gonna lie…. Me too
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2023-01-04, 20:19

kingstonlake wrote:You know I had that little piss ant from Mio (I think) erased from my memory banks. Thanks a lot Wags.

Yes Hastings. And I put his free throw miss just as much on Jud as Brown. True freshman put in to shoot free throws for an injured player in a sweet 16 game. Kid was shaking.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-01-04, 20:37

duffy munn wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:You know I had that little piss ant from Mio (I think) erased from my memory banks. Thanks a lot Wags.

Yes Hastings. And I put his free throw miss just as much on Jud as Brown. True freshman put in to shoot free throws for an injured player in a sweet 16 game. Kid was shaking.

So was Steven Izzo last night.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-01-04, 20:41

You’re thinking Jay Smith from Mio. Still the states all time leading scorer. I think he’s the central coach. Kid could ball. Which is even more odd because of the town he came from.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-01-04, 21:03

DWags wrote:

You’re thinking Jay Smith from Mio. Still the states all time leading scorer.  I think he’s the central coach.  Kid could ball. Which is even more odd because of the town he came from.

Was the CMU coach a while ago. Back at UM now.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-01-04, 23:58

Stop talking about those Kansas and GT games. It’s still too damn soon.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

DWags, Trapper Gus and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-01-05, 00:01

MiamiSpartan wrote:I thought this was going to be old timers arguing about overhand free throws as opposed to granny style.

Same. If I’d known dwags and duff were going to reopen old wounds, idve skipped this thread. I mean, fucking A, the what might have been is strong with both of those games.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down