Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

+27
steveschneider
Bert Savoy
Cameron
duffy munn
Robert J Sakimano
Rocinante
TravelinMan
GRR Spartan
Wally Fairway
Jake from State Farm
gomersbro
Dendrobates
AvgMSUJoe
NigelUno
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
Trapper Gus
tGreenWay
Nordic
Turtleneck
Pervis Muldoon
MiamiSpartan
Motown Spartan
kingstonlake
Heat Miser
Floyd Robertson
31 posters

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 2 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by MiamiSpartan 2023-01-06, 06:45

Unless the FBI gets involved for some reason, I'm skeptical that the NCAA will find anything.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 2 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-06, 09:00

Turtleneck wrote:How many wins will the NCAA take from MSU over this?

The B1G will probably reduce the number of MSU scholarships.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-01-06, 09:11

Nordic wrote:Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 2 2599972566

[Tw]1611191201008336897[/tw]

Would love to know his source on this.

Warde?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-06, 09:22

So the NCAA slaps Harbs wrist as he bolts for the NFL?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-01-06, 09:30

Probably not good for UM, if even Angelique is reporting on it.

[tw]1611183381420670977[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-01-06, 09:34

MiamiSpartan wrote:Unless the FBI gets involved for some reason, I'm skeptical that the NCAA will find anything.  

I don’t think the recruiting violations are the real problem. The primary issue is that the arrogant and entitled Jim Harbaugh lied and intentionally misled investigators because he thinks rules don’t apply to him.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, tGreenWay, Nordic and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-01-06, 09:39

He'd never lie about Bo or Dr Anderson, though.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-01-06, 09:40

NigelUno wrote:Probably not good for UM, if even Angelique is reporting on it.

[tw]1611183381420670977[/tw]

I wonder how many apology emails she sent to UM people after submitting the article to the editor for publication.

“I didn’t want to write the article, I preferred to help you sweep it under the rug, but my horrible employer decided to make me cover the actual news this time. It’s horrible and please understand how difficult it was for me to report on this.”
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2023-01-06, 10:05

Trapper Gus wrote:

I want the book thrown at UM no matter what.
But from what I heard of the violations, they really seem lame. Unless I am misunderstanding something. It seems like it blown up unnecessarily.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-06, 10:09

Dendrobates wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

But from what I heard of the violations, they really seem lame. Unless I am misunderstanding something. It seems like it blown up unnecessarily.

We all do, I think, but it isn't going to happen, they are the protected darlings of the B1G and the NCAA.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-01-06, 10:17

Please take into account coach Harbaugh is on record as willing to adopt any children his players father while at UM instead of them choosing abortion. They will he raised properly without chicken and plenty of milk. They will also be given drivers education classes at age sixteen at the Warde Manuel school of driving. Head instructor the highly accredited Jeff Jackson.

Please keep this in mind when speaking ill of coach.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, tGreenWay, Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-01-06, 10:33

Dendrobates wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

It's the cover up. Not the crime.

Sounds like Harbaugh lied to investigators (and my guess is he lied to UM's investigators as well). Harbaugh is probably pissed that UM wouldn't lie for him (and reported the violations). His relationship with Warde is already tenuous at best. Seems like someone at UM is releasing the details. This may not end well for one of them.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates, DWags and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2023-01-06, 10:49

NigelUno wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

It's the cover up.  Not the crime.  

Sounds like Harbaugh lied to investigators (and my guess is he lied to UM's investigators as well).  Harbaugh is probably pissed that UM wouldn't lie for him (and reported the violations).  His relationship with Warde is already tenuous at best.  Seems like someone at UM is releasing the details.  This may not end well for one of them.  

I get that violation is bad, lying about the other stuff. My question is, why lie about the other violations? They’re so minor, and frankly, seem pointless for anyone.

And the media is hyping this up so much. Why this thing, over all the other stuff? I just don’t get it. Fuck Michigan. I hope they get shit fucked up regardless.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, Rocinante and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-06, 11:03

Dendrobates wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Sounds like Harbaugh lied to investigators (and my guess is he lied to UM's investigators as well).  Harbaugh is probably pissed that UM wouldn't lie for him (and reported the violations).  His relationship with Warde is already tenuous at best.  Seems like someone at UM is releasing the details.  This may not end well for one of them.  

I get that violation is bad, lying about the other stuff. My question is, why lie about the other violations? They’re so minor, and frankly, seem pointless for anyone.

And the media is hyping this up so much. Why this thing, over all the other stuff? I just don’t get it. Fuck Michigan. I hope they get shit fucked up regardless.

Someone at M wants Harbs gone?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-01-06, 11:05

Dendrobates wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Harbaugh would lie to protect the brand (his and UM's).  And maybe he lied because he thought they would just get away with it, and that any potential violations would impact his contract negotiations/extension with UM (last year).  

Harbaugh admittedly eventually rubs people the wrong way.  Maybe Warde has reached that point and is releasing the details, because he's sick of Harbaugh (again) basically using the NFL to get a better deal from UM.

I would be shocked if he's given a suspension.  But, if he is...Warde has an out as far as giving him (another) raise.  Maybe that makes Harbaugh beg for the Colts job.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-01-06, 11:08

Trapper Gus wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Someone at M wants Harbs gone?

That certainly makes sense if someone at UM is releasing the details. Or at minimum they just want Harbaugh to look bad (and not have to give him more cash).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-01-06, 11:16

Or maybe someone at UM releases the details in an effort to show how ridiculous the violations are, and then UM makes a big stink about it if Harbaugh is suspended (as a show of support to keep him around).

I could see Angelique working this angle as part of their PR machine.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-01-06, 11:34

Dendrobates wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

It's easy to do when you don't think the rules apply to you.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2023-01-06, 12:45

NigelUno wrote:Or maybe someone at UM releases the details in an effort to show how ridiculous the violations are, and then UM makes a big stink about it if Harbaugh is suspended (as a show of support to keep him around).  

Now this is what I see happening.
Best damn PR.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-01-06, 12:52

NigelUno wrote:Or maybe someone at UM releases the details in an effort to show how ridiculous the violations are, and then UM makes a big stink about it if Harbaugh is suspended (as a show of support to keep him around).  

The problem is, while the violations are minor, releasing the details also means outing him for lying to investigators. That is harder to downplay.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-01-06, 14:12

Turtleneck wrote:

The problem is, while the violations are minor, releasing the details also means outing him for lying to investigators. That is harder to downplay.

Downplay: How am I supposed to remember who I had lunch with? I don't remember what I had for breakfast.

(Media laughs uproariously.)

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2023-01-06, 14:29

NigelUno wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Downplay:  How am I supposed to remember who I had lunch with?   I don't remember what I had for breakfast.  

I thought it was always a bowl of cheerios swimming in OJ?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-01-06, 15:02

NigelUno wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Downplay:  How am I supposed to remember who I had lunch with?   I don't remember what I had for breakfast.  

Wojo blushes a bit. Mitch punches him on the shoulder... ha,ha,ha that Jim... amiright?

Shit, that's what they did when it was brought up Bo sent kids to the sexual assault doc as punishment.

ha, ha, ha... that wacky Jim wouldn't lie to us... amiright?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-01-06, 15:44

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Wojo blushes a bit. Mitch punches him on the shoulder... ha,ha,ha that Jim... amiright?

Shit, that's what they did when it was brought up Bo sent kids to the sexual assault doc as punishment.

The guy stood at a podium and railed about MSU players being punished to the fullest extent of the law, while he (and the AD and school President) played a part in squashing a felony charge from their own guy.

They've lost any moral high ground, but they don't care. They'll just PR spin some whataboutism to maintain their holier than thou bullshit.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, Dendrobates, Turtleneck and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-06, 18:31

NigelUno wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

The guy stood at a podium and railed about MSU players being punished to the fullest extent of the law, while he (and the AD and school President) played a part in squashing a felony charge from their own guy.  

They've lost any moral high ground, but they don't care.  They'll just PR spin some whataboutism to maintain their holier than thou bullshit.  

Michigan should be banned for football for 5 years.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-01-06, 18:39

Trapper Gus wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

They've lost any moral high ground, but they don't care.  They'll just PR spin some whataboutism to maintain their holier than thou bullshit.  

Michigan should be banned for football for 5 years.

At least.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-01-06, 18:46

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2023-01-06, 18:54

They should get the death penalty. In other words, when I'm dead, they can resurrect their football program.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

gomersbro and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-01-08, 09:05

[tw]1612037648373239808[/tw]

Last edited by NigelUno on 2023-01-08, 10:22; edited 1 time in total
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro 2023-01-08, 09:57

Floyd Robertson wrote:They should get the death penalty. In other words, when I'm dead, they can resurrect their football program.

And may you live to be 1000 years old.
gomersbro
Spartiate

Floyd Robertson, DWags, Trapper Gus and Polydorus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-01-08, 10:34

Cancel the Broncos/Harbaugh interview?

[tw]1612094117076426752[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-01-08, 10:43

Rumors are like assholes, everyo.... wait, that's not right.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-01-08, 10:51

[tw]1612042092905111552[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-01-08, 10:59

gomersbro wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:They should get the death penalty. In other words, when I'm dead, they can resurrect their football program.

And may you live to be 1000 years old.

Screw that. May you live forever, Floyd.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

gomersbro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-01-08, 11:04

NigelUno wrote:[tw]1612042092905111552[/tw]

Lol. He is actively trying to find a new job.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 2 200.gif?cid=ddb306a577k858x8cryr2yxtnqgqzwhpmo9ir5on0njj1cah&rid=200
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-01-09, 11:11

Michigan to lose top TE Luke Schoonmaker to 2023 NFL draft

Maybe re-thinking acting like jackasses and shoving All into the portal.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-01-09, 16:37

NigelUno wrote:Michigan to lose top TE Luke Schoonmaker to 2023 NFL draft

Their freshman is real good. Plus Blake Corum just said he’s coming back. Good I want to beat him at Spartan Stadium
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-01-09, 18:28

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Michigan to lose top TE Luke Schoonmaker to 2023 NFL draft

Their freshman is real good. Plus Blake Corum just said he’s coming back. Good I want to beat him at Spartan Stadium

We'll have to see if the OL and his knee are the same.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-01-09, 19:20

NigelUno wrote:[tw]1612037648373239808[/tw]

OTPT, you gotta take one for the team
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That, tGreenWay, DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-01-10, 01:49

Mazi Six Shooter Smith and Mike Morris are both declaring for the draft.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/2023/01/09/edge-rusher-mike-morris-leaves-michigan-wolverines-for-nfl-draft/69792555007/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next