Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

+27
steveschneider
Bert Savoy
Cameron
duffy munn
Robert J Sakimano
Rocinante
TravelinMan
GRR Spartan
Wally Fairway
Jake from State Farm
gomersbro
Dendrobates
AvgMSUJoe
NigelUno
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
Trapper Gus
tGreenWay
Nordic
Turtleneck
Pervis Muldoon
MiamiSpartan
Motown Spartan
kingstonlake
Heat Miser
Floyd Robertson
31 posters

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25

Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 25 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-11-09, 14:58

just saw a clip of Bielema discussing it (to the extent he felt comfortable), and he didn't say much but he told a story about Pat Fitzgerald contacting his (Bielema's) staff in game saying "your signals, discussions were coming in over our the same frequency on our headsets my staff immediately to take their headsets off, change channel/frequency". Called Bielema the next day and informed of it, as well.

obviously, the hazing thing at NW isn't good, but I always really liked Fitzgerald and I wouldn't be opposed to him being considered for the MSU position. I've said that a few times in this thread.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 25 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by InTenSity 2023-11-09, 15:32

Fitzgerald had to take the fall, right? Claimed he didn't know about the hazing? How is it all on the head coach, until it comes to um?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-11-09, 15:55

InTenSity wrote:Fitzgerald had to take the fall, right? Claimed he didn't know about the hazing? How is it all on the head coach, until it comes to um?
I know. And maybe he knew of it tangentially, I don't know - but, in the scheme of the current state of college athletics, I don't think Fitz's sin is worthy of banishment from the industry.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-11-09, 16:10

GRR Spartan wrote:Rick Neuheisal told some illuminating stories about Harbaugh when he was at Stanford.

While being UCLA’s HC, Neuheisel got an irate call from Stanford’s HC Harbaugh calling him every name in the book accusing Neuheisal legal contact with a recruit n the LA area.  The player had committed to UCLA.  Neuheisal told him to call the conference if it really happened.  Nothing ever happened.

At a PAC 10 coaches meeting Harbaugh stated making accusations that USC was using conference officials and getting preferential treatment in games.  USC had PAC10 officials at many of their practices.  Harbaugh complained he couldn’t afford to have them that often because he didn’t have the money in his budget plus USC got an advantage due to personal relationship. 

Harbaugh was on a roll when Pete Carroll raised his hand and asked if Harbaugh was aware USC had been the most penalized team in the conference.  It got quite fast.

All this stuff including Stalions mess is classic Harbaugh.  Always coloring real close or over the line and complaining about others.

This guy burns every bridge. It seems like he did it with Warde, which makes Santa even more foolish because Harbaugh will burn him, if need be, too.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2023-11-09, 17:02

Robert J Sakimano wrote:as I've been saying all along.. deny, deflect, discredit, make counter accusations and pretend to be the victim as your fanboys and accomplices in the media carry your water for you.

Trump 101.

There sure are a lot of similarities Bob. I think Harbaugh could shoot a guy in broad daylight on Main St and the walvies wouldn't care
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2023-11-09, 17:16

InTenSity wrote:Fitzgerald had to take the fall, right? Claimed he didn't know about the hazing? How is it all on the head coach, until it comes to um?

Can't expect the leaders and the best to have a leader...or to be the best unless they cheat.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-11-09, 18:51

My gut feeling on all of this is that UofM at worst gets a slap on the wrist. The conference wants to make the money.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-11-09, 19:06

steveschneider wrote:My gut feeling on all of this is that UofM at worst gets a slap on the wrist. The conference wants to make the money.
yep. Slap on the wrist, at best.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-11-09, 19:23

I'd love for the coaches to take it into their own hands.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-11-09, 19:44

GRR Spartan wrote:Rick Neuheisal told some illuminating stories about Harbaugh when he was at Stanford.

While being UCLA’s HC, Neuheisel got an irate call from Stanford’s HC Harbaugh calling him every name in the book accusing Neuheisal legal contact with a recruit n the LA area.  The player had committed to UCLA.  Neuheisal told him to call the conference if it really happened.  Nothing ever happened.

At a PAC 10 coaches meeting Harbaugh stated making accusations that USC was using conference officials and getting preferential treatment in games.  USC had PAC10 officials at many of their practices.  Harbaugh complained he couldn’t afford to have them that often because he didn’t have the money in his budget plus USC got an advantage due to personal relationship. 

Harbaugh was on a roll when Pete Carroll raised his hand and asked if Harbaugh was aware USC had been the most penalized team in the conference.  It got quite fast.

All this stuff including Stalions mess is classic Harbaugh.  Always coloring real close or over the line and complaining about others.

Was that on his SiriusXM show? I miss that show. I haven't had Sirius in a while, but he is great on the radio (as was Leach when he was on hiatus). Way more stiff on the CBS TV show.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-11-09, 19:46

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I know. And maybe he knew of it tangentially, I don't know - but, in the scheme of the current state of college athletics, I don't think Fitz's sin is worthy of banishment from the industry.

He'll be back. Probably as a DC, then a HC at a smaller school.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-11-09, 22:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:[ yep. Slap on the wrist, at best.

"Hello, Big 12, this is Michigan State University. We are here with Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. Make room because we are moving in."
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-11-09, 23:03

I’m fine with letting it play out 2 more weeks. Big Ten will get more evidence from NCAA. Hopefully UM loses. Then roast them anyway.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-11-09, 23:16

gomersbro wrote:Hopefully it is loud in Happy Valley this weekend. Remember Harbaugh doesn't like it loud.

lol I don’t remember that happening but I can guess who won the game. Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 25 1494614055
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-11-09, 23:22

Turtleneck wrote:You need a new best friend, GreenWay. I am a little offended that as your Swill buddy you didn’t mention this bloke before.

We talked politics and B1G football. Our deepest conversation was about our mutual enjoyment in El Azteco. He came up woefully short in his attempts to become my bff.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-11-09, 23:52

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:You need a new best friend, GreenWay. I am a little offended that as your Swill buddy you didn’t mention this bloke before.

We talked politics and B1G football. Our deepest conversation was about our mutual enjoyment in El Azteco. He came up woefully short in his attempts to become my bff.
tGreenWay wrote:

Ok Gacy.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro 2023-11-10, 00:27

There is a rumor that Michigan gets off with just a fine? If that is the case just put Mat on the sidelines and let him try and bribe the ref every play. Let it be on camera and grab the nation's attention. Demand an investigation and write response to the conference using the invisible ink pen my daughter has. Because we know the punishment for cheating is only a fine.
gomersbro
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-11-10, 01:46

Nordic wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

tGreenWay wrote:

Ok Gacy.

I ain’t no clown.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-11-10, 09:41

Big Ten supposedly announcing something today.

If UM is going to fight everything, might as well let them play that card.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-11-10, 10:17

Everything about UM's response is just like another guy's response to his current legal situation. Everybody involved seems super dumb and super arrogant at the same time. Because of course you want your lawyer basing his defense on what he reads on internet sports message boards. Also, what exactly will UM not steal?

[tw]1722752235010982276?s=20[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-11-10, 10:24

Yup. Been lurking over there. Basically saying we have bought and paid for judges that will make sure a football team is the life and death of all of us.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-11-10, 10:27

Honestly, if Michigan just gets a slap on the wrist, $1 million fine, or something like that, it’s just another nail in the coffin of this old man yelling at clouds about not being interested in college football anymore
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan, The Pantry, duffy munn, AvgMSUJoe and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2023-11-10, 10:32

DWags wrote:Honestly, if Michigan just gets a slap on the wrist, $1 million fine, or something like that, it’s just another nail in the coffin of this old man yelling at clouds about not being interested in college football anymore
I'm going to guess a very sternly worded announcement, and then they will say that they need to wait for the NCAA to finish their investigation before anything can be done.
Nothing will happen. I am going to teach my kids that it is better to cheat and lie for as long as possible, because it is easier to get ahead that way, rather than doing it the 'correct' way.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2023-11-10, 11:08

InTenSity wrote:
DWags wrote:Honestly, if Michigan just gets a slap on the wrist, $1 million fine, or something like that, it’s just another nail in the coffin of this old man yelling at clouds about not being interested in college football anymore
I'm going to guess a very sternly worded announcement, and then they will say that they need to wait for the NCAA to finish their investigation before anything can be done.
Nothing will happen. I am going to teach my kids that it is better to cheat and lie for as long as possible, because it is easier to get ahead that way, rather than doing it the 'correct' way.

This approach only works if you're 1 of the "haves". If it was MSU doing this kind of cheating there'd be holy hell to pay & SCum would be leading the lynch mob.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

The Pantry, tGreenWay, DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2023-11-10, 11:22

slightly younger old man yelling at slightly younger cloud checking in
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and I.B. Fine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-11-10, 11:49

Heat Miser wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

This approach only works if you're 1 of the "haves". If it was MSU doing this kind of cheating there'd be holy hell to pay & SCum would be leading the lynch mob.
yep - and remember that while Harbaugh/ESPN/the Detroit media were all expressing manufactured disbelief and outrage at the MSU 'thugs' for the tunnel incident, he was starting a player who would eventually be charged (two months after the incident Rolling Eyes ) with felony gun charges and pled down to a misdemeanor.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-11-10, 12:22

tGreenWay wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Ok Gacy.

I ain’t no clown.

True. I ain't no buddies with a clown.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-11-10, 12:37

For some reason this tweet no longer exists or has been deleted. I’m not on twitter so I ain’t got nothin for ya!

I’m highly skeptical!

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 25 Img_1211
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2023-11-10, 12:44

Yeah I don't think Brett's real account ends in 65222 Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 25 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-11-10, 12:50

Floyd Robertson wrote:Yeah I don't think Brett's real account ends in 65222 Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 25 502811600

Exactly. But man I sounded so good. Lol.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2023-11-10, 12:52

kingstonlake wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Yeah I don't think Brett's real account ends in 65222 Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 25 502811600

Exactly. But man I sounded so good. Lol.

I heard there was a second part. "Suspension will lifted when Harbaugh goes to the NFL".

Or I made that up.

-------
Since too many posts were made, this topic has been divided automatically. You can find the rest of this topic here :
https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t25629-obsession-the-tears-of-my-enemies
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25