Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bob Duffy? WTF?

+8
AvgMSUJoe
tGreenWay
Robert J Sakimano
duffy munn
Trapper Gus
Floyd Robertson
Turtleneck
DWags
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bob Duffy?  WTF?   Empty Bob Duffy? WTF?

Post by DWags 25/01/23, 09:25 am

Wow. I’m a bit shocked.

https://eastlansinginfo.news/east-lansing-high-school-teachers-and-students-describe-fear-and-exhaustion-from-ongoing-violence/
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Bob Duffy?  WTF?   Empty Re: Bob Duffy? WTF?

Post by DWags 25/01/23, 09:31 am

I took a gun from a kid once. Wasn’t loaded but we had our informants. Walked him to his locker asked him for it. Kid said c’mon wags. Anyway, the kid was back in school in 10 days. That’s when I decided to make retirement plans. I didn’t want the kids life ruined but I got some of the outrage also. As I didn’t have an answer I started to figure maybe I’m getting too old and separated from modern kids and families. Side note: I liked the kid. But wtf? ( I was explained the reason for his return but I still didn’t understand it).
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 25/01/23, 09:31 am

Nm

Last edited by DWags on 25/01/23, 09:49 am; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 25/01/23, 09:36 am

Crazy that you had the exact same situation with the same kid twice, DWags.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 25/01/23, 09:38 am

You were explained the reason for his return, but were you ever explained why the gun was in his locker? In that district it seems mind-bottling.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 25/01/23, 09:40 am

How does a school system become a "safe zone" when a significant portion of the community believes the only way to be safe is to carry a gun?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 25/01/23, 09:48 am

I've been following Wags and it's disturbing. I also have a lot of friends with kids currently at ELHS and they are rightfully outraged. My oldest went to EL and graduated in 2003. Frankly there were elements of this type of shit 20 years ago and part of the reason we sent the younger boy to Lansing Catholic.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 25/01/23, 09:55 am

Going back 50 years, to when I graduated from high school, there were always kids which you avoided because they were physically abusive. Of course, back in the day we didn't have to worry all that much about guns.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 25/01/23, 10:10 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:You were explained the reason for his return, but were you ever explained why the gun was in his locker? In that district it seems mind-bottling.

So, when you discipline kids in public schools rules change if a student is diagnosed special Ed. But there are differing levels of special Ed and some students and families play every angle like pros. It’s like they’re there to make trouble because they can. I say that with my daughter teaching special Ed right now. I know different rules are needed. However I was old enough and cranky enough to think we should draw the line at guns.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 25/01/23, 10:27 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:You were explained the reason for his return, but were you ever explained why the gun was in his locker? In that district it seems mind-bottling.

The 2nd Amendment is the only explanation anybody needs.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 25/01/23, 10:29 am

Turtleneck wrote:

The 2nd Amendment is the only explanation anybody needs.

Right. Silly me.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 25/01/23, 11:27 am

DWags wrote:

So, when you discipline kids in public schools rules change if a student is diagnosed special Ed. But there are differing levels of special Ed and some students and families play every angle like pros. It’s like they’re there to make trouble because they can. I say that with my daughter teaching special Ed right now. I know different rules are needed. However I was old enough and cranky enough to think we should draw the line at guns.

Another burden we ask teachers to carry without much thought, and either it is being reported more, or it is getting worse, or both.

Not really impressed with the defensiveness of the East Lansing board chairperson, but that is why many elected officials never make it farther than the school boards. Can see her point about uneven justice in the schools, (why would they be different than anywhere else), not convinced that less justice is a totally workable solution.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 25/01/23, 11:29 am

DWags wrote:Wow. I’m a bit shocked.

https://eastlansinginfo.news/east-lansing-high-school-teachers-and-students-describe-fear-and-exhaustion-from-ongoing-violence/
it's been a mess, from what I can tell.

you (might) know how it is. Our daughter graduated from ELHS in 2018, I haven't set a foot on campus (other than the track in the summer) since, no contact with staff/faculty from there in a while, no friends with kids there anymore, etc - so we feel completely disengaged from EL public schools, really.

Kid texted yesterday, as she had heard something about this. Sent me a video of the board meeting from Monday night (I believe) - I knew a lot of the teachers who spoke, a handful of the parents who spoke. Nearly 3 hours of public comments.

Sounds like the administration/board has had a hard time holding students accountable for actions, behaviors. It's obviously escalated from there and now they're at the point where you can't put toothpaste back in the tube.

The initial stage of handling a problem is acknowledging that there is one. At the school board meeting, some of the board members were in tears. I think they heard concerns and had a difficult time processing it (except for one board member.. who needs to resign immediately) - but there was a snow day today and I suspect they're using it as an emergency strategic planning session.

Holding kids accountable, while not easy, is one of the most profound acts of love one can engage in. Something needs to be done immediately or, it sounds like, things could get really bad.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 25/01/23, 11:42 am

Trapper Gus wrote:
DWags wrote:

Another burden we ask teachers to carry without much thought, and either it is being reported more, or it is getting worse, or both.

Not really impressed with the defensiveness of the East Lansing board chairperson, but that is why many elected officials never make it farther than the school boards. Can see her point about uneven justice in the schools, (why would they be different than anywhere else), not convinced that less justice is a totally workable solution.
yep - they need to go. Now.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 25/01/23, 11:57 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Assuming you know much more than I do, however, I am not in favor of pushing elected officials out before their term is over unless there is clear corruption.

Anyone can make choices which boomerang, and her point about racial issues with the former system, if true, means the change was made to make that better. The "law" of unintended consequences holds, and the board also has to be concerned with the law and lawsuits as part of their job. Vote her out, if she runs again, or wait to see what she does before calling for her head.

If there are other corruption issues then have at it.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 25/01/23, 12:06 pm

I lived the life of a district that declined for many reasons. This topic being only one. Another administrator and I wanted to write a book on the mistakes we made as a district.

I sincerely hope East Lansing figures this out. I have no advice, but only a warning. This is one leg of a three leg table that puts a cloud over a district. I only hope this can be handled. It always was and is a good district. It’s time for good leadership.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 25/01/23, 12:10 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Assuming you know much more than I do, however, I am not in favor of pushing elected officials out before their term is over unless there is clear corruption.  

Anyone can make choices which boomerang, and her point about racial issues with the former system, if true, means the change was made to make that better.  The "law" of unintended consequences holds, and the board also has to be concerned with the law and lawsuits as part of their job.  Vote her out, if she runs again, or wait to see what she does before calling for her head.

I have no reason to believe there's any corruption at all.

But to hear the president of the school board, after listening to nearly 3 hours of students, parents and teachers speaking through tears, some literally sobbing and two board members beside her crying, after fights, one of which occurred in the parking lot in which a gun was involved, say she needs more than "I don't feel safe" from students, staff, faculty and parents to take action, some changes are needed.

if she refuses to lead, that's cool - but she needs to respect the community enough to step down and allow someone else to. Her riding the "I'm the enlightened liberal here and you can thank me later for bestowing my wisdom upon you" vibe isn't working.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, DWags and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 25/01/23, 12:39 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Anyone can make choices which boomerang, and her point about racial issues with the former system, if true, means the change was made to make that better.  The "law" of unintended consequences holds, and the board also has to be concerned with the law and lawsuits as part of their job.  Vote her out, if she runs again, or wait to see what she does before calling for her head.

But to hear the president of the school board, after listening to nearly 3 hours of students, parents and teachers speaking through tears, some literally sobbing and two board members beside her crying, after fights, one of which occurred in the parking lot in which a gun was involved, say she needs more than "I don't feel safe" from students, staff, faculty and parents to take action, some changes are needed.

if she refuses to lead, that's cool - but she needs to respect the community enough to step down and allow someone else to. Her riding the "I'm the enlightened liberal here and you can thank me later for bestowing my wisdom upon you" vibe isn't working.

Agree she isn't empathetic or politically astute, but hoping the board will take some actions over what seems like a shitty situation. She sounds like she wasn't ready to present a plan at the meeting and was searching for concrete input from someone else.

As Dwags said, the rules seem to be creating the wrong environment for a formal education in many schools, not just in East Lensing.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 25/01/23, 12:45 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Agree she isn't empathetic or politically astute, but hoping the board will take some actions over what seems like a shitty situation.  She sounds like she wasn't ready to present a plan at the meeting and was searching for concrete input from someone else.

As Dwags said, the rules seem to be creating the wrong environment for a formal education in many schools, not just in East Lensing.
Dori Leyko's statement (she's the superintendent) was heartfelt. She was very upset, struggled through tears and really acknowledged some failures and pledged to rectify them.

Lots of students spoke but two adults that, to me, had the most impact (maybe 'cause I now them both) are at 39:00 and 54:00 of the video. Kevin Mayes is a longtime teacher, basketball coach. To see him shaken was hard for me to watch.

The mom from the 39 minute mark has had (I believe) 4 kids go through EL schools and her daughter is now a teacher there, along with swim/water polo coach. She was in the parking lot - one of the first adults to get there - when the big fight broke out involving the gun.

If you (anyone) haven't, it's worth watching these two statements.

Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 25/01/23, 02:55 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Friends in the neighborhood who had kids in school at the time have supported the current president in her previous campaigns, but I couldn’t do it. She’s always seemed off to me. One friend conceded she’s strange but a good person. Nope, sorry, that’s not going to cut it for me. I love strange. I welcome it, but not when you want a seat on a board deciding the educational futures of students. Her dismissive comments at that meeting confirmed all I ever need to know about her and why it was good I voted for others.

I can’t imagine being on the school board because I couldn’t tolerate pinheads like myself with our nonstop complaining. But if you want the job, you can’t ever let your empathy run out.  You can and should encourage those in attendance to offer suggestions, but it’s up to you and the rest of the Board to come up with strategies, too. She seems to have stopped listening because she felt she was being attacked.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Robert J Sakimano, DWags and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 25/01/23, 02:59 pm

duffy munn wrote:I've been following Wags and it's disturbing. I also have a lot of friends with kids currently at ELHS and they are rightfully outraged. My oldest went to EL and graduated in 2003. Frankly there were elements of this type of shit 20 years ago and part of the reason we sent the younger boy to Lansing Catholic.

Whatever your reasons for following Wags, I can only imagine how disturbing it must be, every minute of his day.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 25/01/23, 03:00 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Friends in the neighborhood who had kids in school at the time have supported the current president in her previous campaigns, but I couldn’t do it. She’s always seemed off to me. One friend conceded she’s strange but a good person. Nope, sorry, that’s not going to cut it for me. I love strange. I welcome it, but not when you want a seat on a board deciding the educational futures of students. Her dismissive comments at that meeting confirmed all I ever need to know about her and why it was good I voted for others.

I can’t imagine being on the school board because I couldn’t tolerate pinheads like myself with our nonstop complaining. But if you want the job, you can’t ever let your empathy run out.  You can and should encourage those in attendance to offer suggestions, but it’s up to you and the rest of the Board to come up with strategies, too. She seems to have stopped listening because she felt she was being attacked.

Agree with 95% - most School Boards look to the Superintendent for policy direction ideas and most Superintendents try to steer the School Boards to go in the direction the Superintendents want them to go.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 25/01/23, 03:18 pm

I've heard teachers moving from middle school to high school at my local berg due to the amount of violence they have to deal with. I was surprised, but it was from 2 adult male teachers... Wondering if it has some weird effect from the pandemic since it seems like it's not only my local school.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 25/01/23, 03:26 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote: Her riding the "I'm the enlightened liberal here and you can thank me later for bestowing my wisdom upon you" vibe isn't working.

Pretty obnoxious vibe, isn't it?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 25/01/23, 03:27 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

100%
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 25/01/23, 03:29 pm

Cameron wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: Her riding the "I'm the enlightened liberal here and you can thank me later for bestowing my wisdom upon you" vibe isn't working.

Pretty obnoxious vibe, isn't it?
yep - "accountability" and "right and wrong" isn't a political issue. The president of the school board would disagree and it's a large part of how ELHS got to where it is now.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 25/01/23, 03:33 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:Wow. I’m a bit shocked.

it's been a mess, from what I can tell.

you (might) know how it is. Our daughter graduated from ELHS in 2018, I haven't set a foot on campus (other than the track in the summer) since, no contact with staff/faculty from there in a while, no friends with kids there anymore, etc - so we feel completely disengaged from EL public schools, really.

Kid texted yesterday, as she had heard something about this. Sent me a video of the board meeting from Monday night (I believe) - I knew a lot of the teachers who spoke, a handful of the parents who spoke. Nearly 3 hours of public comments.

Sounds like the administration/board has had a hard time holding students accountable for actions, behaviors. It's obviously escalated from there and now they're at the point where you can't put toothpaste back in the tube.

The initial stage of handling a problem is acknowledging that there is one. At the school board meeting, some of the board members were in tears. I think they heard concerns and had a difficult time processing it (except for one board member.. who needs to resign immediately) - but there was a snow day today and I suspect they're using it as an emergency strategic planning session.

Holding kids accountable, while not easy, is one of the most profound acts of love one can engage in. Something needs to be done immediately or, it sounds like, things could get really bad.

To me it's unreal the kids that got in the fight broken up by teachers were not immediately suspended.

I think if I was a parent of a current student I would pull my kid. And I've heard from a few parents that they will. Really sad.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 25/01/23, 03:38 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I've heard teachers moving from middle school to high school at my local berg due to the amount of violence they have to deal with. I was surprised, but it was from 2 adult male teachers... Wondering if it has some weird effect from the pandemic since it seems like it's not only my local school.
it's pretty clear that the pandemic and surrounding political climate which, of course, was firmly in place leading up to the pandemic, seems to have fundamentally changed how people simply conduct themselves on a daily basis.

there is a fairly well-established theory that trauma can alter a person's DNA makeup. Of course, that is for chemists, biochemists and geneticists to research, but I do strongly believe that psychosocial trauma (a pandemic surrounded by a political climate that makes us question if anyone really cares about us, our lives, and our futures) can, and does, impact our mental health in a way that settles into that same biochemical response in our day-to-day lives.

people aren't okay.

now combine that with the developmental impact of the onset of this psychosocial trauma and it's a perfect storm for the mental collapse of a lot of already vulnerable people. Being 13-14 years old isn't easy for anyone.. and the kids that are in high school now were 13-14 years old when they all got sent home in March of 2020 to tune into a society where they wondered if anyone cared about them.

it takes a village, folks.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 25/01/23, 03:40 pm

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: it's been a mess, from what I can tell.

To me it's unreal the kids that got in the fight broken up by teachers were not immediately suspended.

I think if I was a parent of a current student I would pull my kid. And I've heard from a few parents that they will. Really sad.
it is pretty mind-boggling and Dori addressed that, through tears, at the opening of the board meeting. As I mentioned, she seemed to be genuinely impacted by it, sincerely apologized, and pledged reform.

I can live with that (vs. the president of the school board who appeared to emotionally shut down after she felt like the community she was elected to serve demanded answers).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 25/01/23, 03:41 pm

duffy munn wrote:

I know the student who got out of the car to help the teacher. He’s a great kid, as are his parents and sibs. It was enlightening to read his comment that he doesn’t want his younger sister at the school anymore.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano, duffy munn and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 25/01/23, 03:58 pm

If I was still in the news biz, I’d try to get as much info on the two groups blamed for the fights. Talk to both sides to see what’s going on. That’s the story. As it is, in my mind, it’s just the greasers vs. the socs.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 25/01/23, 04:04 pm

tGreenWay wrote:If I was still in the news biz, I’d try to get as much info on the two groups blamed for the fights. Talk to both sides to see what’s going on. That’s the story. As it is, in my mind, it’s just the greasers vs. the socs.
without Diane Lane.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 25/01/23, 04:15 pm

I posted earlier that this type of shit isn't really new or unique to EL. but will give you this story from 24 years ago anyway.

I was coaching basketball at McDonald middle school. showed up for my alloted court time one day and about 5 kids were on the floor. I politely told them I had a practice and they need to wrap up the game and vacant the floor. To my surprise, two of them got right up in my face. One told me to fuck off. Rather than engage them, I took my team into the hallway and looked for any administrator in the building to handle the situation. After all, I'm just a Dad volunteering to coach basketball. I couldn't find anyone so went back into the gym (leaving my team in the hallway) only to have the same kids laughing and dropping more F bombs.

Long story short, I canceled practice and personally visited the principal's office the next morning. He said there really wasn't much he could do. Part of me is thinking if I see these kids again during my floor time I'm gonna take matters into my own hands or just call the cops. Fortunately, I never saw them again.

Probably old, irrelevant and anecdotal but I thought I would share anyway.

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 25/01/23, 04:17 pm

duffy munn wrote:

This. Fighting at school (during school hours or after) was always an auto suspension. If for no other reason than to alert the parents. Some might not give a shit, but some will and it has to start there. There was nothing I feared more than my dad finding out about something I did. Having them back at school the next day is absurd.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 25/01/23, 04:21 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:If I was still in the news biz, I’d try to get as much info on the two groups blamed for the fights. Talk to both sides to see what’s going on. That’s the story. As it is, in my mind, it’s just the greasers vs. the socs.
without Diane Lane.

The way I figure it, I could fly to LA to interview Dianne Lane just to add some context to the article. But understand, I’m only doing it for the story. Because I care.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 25/01/23, 04:21 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Agree she isn't empathetic or politically astute, but hoping the board will take some actions over what seems like a shitty situation.  She sounds like she wasn't ready to present a plan at the meeting and was searching for concrete input from someone else.

Dori Leyko's statement (she's the superintendent) was heartfelt. She was very upset, struggled through tears and really acknowledged some failures and pledged to rectify them.

Lots of students spoke but two adults that, to me, had the most impact (maybe 'cause I now them both) are at 39:00 and 54:00 of the video. Kevin Mayes is a longtime teacher, basketball coach. To see him shaken was hard for me to watch.

The mom from the 39 minute mark has had (I believe) 4 kids go through EL schools and her daughter is now a teacher there, along with swim/water polo coach. She was in the parking lot - one of the first adults to get there - when the big fight broke out involving the gun.

Link

That video is heartbreaking. I’ve been there exactly, and I have a 22 year old who is finishing student teaching with special needs students and she lives what she’s doing. She’s 5’3” 110 lbs. we have a generation of students, a decent portion of them, are raising themselves.

I don’t know the answer. I hope someone smarter than me can figure this out. The guy at 54 minutes is right. We have only two buckets suspension or expulsion. There has to be interventions. But as I say that most people will grab their wallet and say but not at my expense. If we’re not willing to invest in our kids, we deserve what’s coming.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 25/01/23, 04:30 pm

Also, the supe crying and saying they’ll do better. I’m not as moved by her as maybe some are. Her first job in bold thick letters is student safety. So is her 2nd,3rd4th5th. After 20, she should think about budgets quality of staff etc. she fucked up. And I mean fucked up. I’m not trying to be a Monday morning quarterback, but to have school with no precautions the next day was beyond bad. Anyway, just my opinion.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 25/01/23, 04:52 pm

DWags wrote:Also, the supe crying and saying they’ll do better. I’m not as moved by her as maybe some are. Her first job in bold thick letters is student safety. So is her 2nd,3rd4th5th. After 20, she should think about budgets quality of staff etc. she fucked up. And I mean fucked up. I’m not trying to be a Monday morning quarterback, but to have school with no precautions the next day was beyond bad. Anyway, just my opinion.
I hear ya, man..

and, as I mentioned earlier, it's tough to put toothpaste back in the tube, but someone needs to take the reins and make the tough decisions, stand up and say 'enough'. By texting friends (granted, all of our kids have moved on), talking with our daughter, etc., I get the feeling that the EL community is starving for that.

it might sound obnoxious, but as Kevin Mayes (the teacher/coach you referred to) said, East Lansing is better than this. We, as a community, are thirsty for intervention and taking a hard line.

As I mentioned in a previous post, accountability and discipline is one of the highest forms of love. It's time to show some love.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 25/01/23, 05:14 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Link

Watched a good chunk of this, including your suggestions above. Then listened to the board. Most were a shocked and said they would process their comments. Then the ELPS board president got on with a bunch of 'buts' and a resume' recapping. The Superintendent took a swipe at her "thick skin" comment and others.

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 25/01/23, 05:39 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:Also, the supe crying and saying they’ll do better. I’m not as moved by her as maybe some are. Her first job in bold thick letters is student safety. So is her 2nd,3rd4th5th. After 20, she should think about budgets quality of staff etc. she fucked up. And I mean fucked up. I’m not trying to be a Monday morning quarterback, but to have school with no precautions the next day was beyond bad. Anyway, just my opinion.
I hear ya, man..

and, as I mentioned earlier, it's tough to put toothpaste back in the tube, but someone needs to take the reins and make the tough decisions, stand up and say 'enough'. By texting friends (granted, all of our kids have moved on), talking with our daughter, etc., I get the feeling that the EL community is starving for that.

it might sound obnoxious, but as Kevin Mayes (the teacher/coach you referred to) said, East Lansing is better than this. We, as a community, are thirsty for intervention and taking a hard line.

As I mentioned in a previous post, accountability and discipline is one of the highest forms of love. It's time to show some love.

Kevin is a good dude. He coached some friends kids at EL and did a really nice job stepping in when Finamore resigned under fire.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next