Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It’s cold in New York, but not as cold blooded as MSU basketball today.

+5
Motown Spartan
Trapper Gus
NigelUno
kingstonlake
DWags
9 posters

Go down

It’s cold in New York, but not as cold blooded as MSU basketball today.  Empty It’s cold in New York, but not as cold blooded as MSU basketball today.

Post by DWags 2023-02-04, 10:18

Let’s Goooooooooooo
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

It’s cold in New York, but not as cold blooded as MSU basketball today.  Empty Re: It’s cold in New York, but not as cold blooded as MSU basketball today.

Post by kingstonlake 2023-02-04, 10:25

We win this game I think.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

It’s cold in New York, but not as cold blooded as MSU basketball today.  Empty Re: It’s cold in New York, but not as cold blooded as MSU basketball today.

Post by NigelUno 2023-02-04, 10:40

The home Rutgers game was one of our best games of the year, and without Hall. Kohler had a huge game. 4 guys with 3 3s. If we shoot over 50% from 3 again...easy win.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-02-04, 10:58

Go White
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-02-04, 12:10

NCAA is counting this as a Rutgers home game for NET rankings purposes.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-02-04, 12:21

kingstonlake wrote:We win this game I think.

I think we win this game.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-02-04, 12:41

I’m not sure we practiced at all this past week.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-02-04, 13:25

Motown Spartan wrote:I’m not sure we practiced at all this past week.

Neither did Rutgers.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-02-04, 13:50

Malik having a rough day.

Just gotta make FTs down the stretch.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2023-02-04, 13:56

This team is so boring
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-02-04, 14:02

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:This team is so boring

Missing shots will do that. That being said they ain’t making it out of the first weekend.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-02-04, 14:11

Take over Tyson time.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2023-02-04, 14:14

kingstonlake wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:This team is so boring

Missing shots will do that. That being said they ain’t making it out of the first weekend.

Even when they are hitting shots. Who’s an exciting player? Walker? That’s all i got.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-02-04, 14:16

Cant win shooting 30%
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-02-04, 14:16

12 seed
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-02-04, 14:19

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Even when they are hitting shots. Who’s an exciting player? Walker? That’s all i got.

Aikens
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-02-04, 14:21

I think their whole offense needs to revolve around Aikens, Walker, and Hauser getting looks. Screw getting to the paint. This team ain’t built for that. Kohler, cooper, Mandy, nah. No thanks.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-02-04, 14:29

Recency bias. When a team shoots 30% it’s pretty frustrating to watch them. But other than the 19/20 team, I don’t think MSU as had a team that’s more fun to watch then this team. I just like kids on it, and their character.

Are they as talented as many of the teams we’ve played? Nope, But they’ve drug more talented teams asses around the floor more than once this year, sometimes losing sometimes winning.

I sit through a lot of MSU basketball games a lot of years some teams that have won way more than this team are way more frustrating to watch I don’t think too many players on this team half ass it. It’s just a question of total talent.

There isn’t a one, two, three, four, or five seed that will want to play the team in the tournament. But we need some more victories so at least we are in nine or 10 seed.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-02-04, 14:37

DWags wrote:Cant win shooting 30%

Game 1: 12/22 from 3
Game 2: 4/21 from 3
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2023-02-04, 20:57

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:Cant win shooting 30%

I'm not a fan of the 3 point percentage being the only thing that matters Nigel. Rutgers made exactly one more 3 than we did today, It's not why they won. 3 pointers aren't falling. Find another way. They did, we didn't. The end.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-02-04, 21:11

The first 10 min, they (Hauser) missed a dozen good looks. Just ugly shooting all day is why they lost.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-02-05, 09:30

duffy munn wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I'm not a fan of the 3 point percentage being the only thing that matters Nigel. Rutgers made exactly one more 3 than we did today, It's not why they won. 3 pointers aren't falling. Find another way. They did, we didn't. The end.

They actually made one less 3. Neither team played great. They made plays in the 2nd half. Mulcahy kind of took over. We needed someone to counter on the other end.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-02-05, 10:07

I was surprised Walker didn’t go off. I thought he’d get about 25 for his guys at home.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-02-05, 12:15

Should win our next 3 games.

Maryland, @OSU, Minnesota.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2023-02-05, 20:48

DWags wrote:I was surprised Walker didn’t go off. I thought he’d get about 25 for his guys at home.

He seemed ready to, but they didn't get him enough shots.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2023-02-06, 07:38

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
DWags wrote:I was surprised Walker didn’t go off. I thought he’d get about 25 for his guys at home.

He seemed ready to, but they didn't get him enough shots.

I'd like to see Tyson demand the ball more but I don't think it's his personality. To me, he's by far the best player on this team
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down