Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial State of The Union Mainstream Media/GOP Outrage Thread....

+7
Motown Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
Cameron
AvgMSUJoe
TravelinMan
Trapper Gus
Robert J Sakimano
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

tOfficial State of The Union Mainstream Media/GOP Outrage Thread.... - Page 2 Empty Re: tOfficial State of The Union Mainstream Media/GOP Outrage Thread....

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2/10/2023, 9:14 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

I'll admit I stopped watching around Episode 9. Someone said there were cartoons that were really good, but I'm a grown adult, so, nah...

Andor in particular is really good and worth watching, not a cartoon. I liked obi wan, but other reviews are more mixed.
Andor is worthwhile.

Skip Obiwan... any action sequences with children are just too unbelievable and cheesy.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

tOfficial State of The Union Mainstream Media/GOP Outrage Thread.... - Page 2 Empty Re: tOfficial State of The Union Mainstream Media/GOP Outrage Thread....

Post by Trapper Gus 2/10/2023, 9:26 am

Folks, Biden Gave a Hell of a Speech, Walking McCarthy and Crew into a Bind

Republican hecklers underestimated his appetite for bare-knuckle politics.

We saw it again Tuesday night when President Joe Biden freight-trained his whackadoo Republican opposition in his State of the Union address. He also flipped the very idea of the State of the Union address on its head by turning it into an American equivalent of the prime minister's Question Time in the British Parliament. He wrapped them in a bear hug so warm that they didn't realize they were being smothered. He took on hecklers like a veteran of a Catskills resort. He smiled, he laughed, he bellowed when it was called for. He had the only microphone in the room, and he used it like a hammer.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2/10/2023, 9:36 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:I saw an article this morning on the importance of tSOTU speech, and that were Biden to be reelected, he'd be 86 at the end of his second term.

I vaguely knew that, but HOLY MOLY when you spell it out like that, that's crazy town.

My dad is 82 and I don't like him driving to the grocery store, let alone trying to run a country.
 a) I can't imagine a world in which I'd be so bored that I'd watch the State of the Union.

b) I doubt I'll live to however old Sleepy Joe is. The fact that he's still alive and can put one foot in front of the other makes him a better man than I am.

c) I don't trust myself to boil water without supervision.

The country ain't that difficult to run if you surround yourself with the right people. I trust Sleepy Joe to do that more than I'd trust myself to change a light bulb.

Hi Bob,

Metaphorically you chose a bad day to not watch.

[tw]1623182792627482625[/tw]
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2/10/2023, 10:14 am

Trapper Gus wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
 a) I can't imagine a world in which I'd be so bored that I'd watch the State of the Union.

b) I doubt I'll live to however old Sleepy Joe is. The fact that he's still alive and can put one foot in front of the other makes him a better man than I am.

c) I don't trust myself to boil water without supervision.

The country ain't that difficult to run if you surround yourself with the right people. I trust Sleepy Joe to do that more than I'd trust myself to change a light bulb.

Hi Bob,

Metaphorically you chose a bad day to not watch.

[tw]1623182792627482625[/tw]

I always find it curious that Fox News polls show the speech was a disaster, people think the country is going to hell in a hand basket, and that Biden is Satan incarnate.

CNN polls show this speech was the greatest since JFK, the country is doing great, and Biden should be named Supreme Leader for the next 20 years.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2/10/2023, 10:23 am

TravelinMan wrote:
I always find it curious that Fox News polls show the speech was a disaster, people think the country is going to hell in a hand basket, and that Biden is Satan incarnate.

CNN polls show this speech was the greatest since JFK, the country is doing great, and Biden should be named Supreme Leader for the next 20 years.

Here is part of the explanation for that...

And CNN noted that while SOTU speeches tend to be viewed more by members of the president's party than the opposing party, there was less of this skew this year than for Biden's previous speeches or several of Trump's.

We are talking about people who watched the speech verse people who didn't. Pretty hard for the speech to change the minds of those who didn't watch it.

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2/10/2023, 10:41 am

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

And CNN noted that while SOTU speeches tend to be viewed more by members of the president's party than the opposing party, there was less of this skew this year than for Biden's previous speeches or several of Trump's.

We are talking about people who watched the speech verse people who didn't. Pretty hard for the speech to change the minds of those who didn't watch it.

No. That's not the reason why.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2/10/2023, 10:44 am

Nobody watches TV anymore.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2/10/2023, 10:51 am

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

No. That's not the reason why.

Really?

I went looking for a Fox Poll post speech of people who watched the speech and found nothing, maybe you want to include a link?

There was this pre-speech poll, but that really doesn't count in this discussion.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/fox-news-poll-state-of-the-union-is-dysfunction-dissatisfaction-and-disapproval/ar-AA170F4f
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2/10/2023, 2:56 pm

Mandalorian S3 comes out Mar 1. I think.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2/13/2023, 7:52 am

[tw]1624391553023369216[/tw]
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2/25/2023, 4:33 pm

Wrong thread - moved to.correct thread

Republicans are still not sure of what Biden did to them in the SotU
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2