Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Racist conspiracy theory.... true?

+12
Rick Saunders
Jake from State Farm
NigelUno
DWags
Travis of the Cosmos
GRR Spartan
Motown Spartan
AvgMSUJoe
RQA
Robert J Sakimano
Trapper Gus
TravelinMan
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Racist conspiracy theory.... true? - Page 3 Empty Re: Racist conspiracy theory.... true?

Post by NigelUno 2023-03-17, 11:19

TravelinMan wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:I wonder how TM felt about Muslims after 9/11.

And even if China (the government) did it on purpose, would you treat Chinese people any different?

I'm gonna be honest, I don't deal with a lot of Chinese people.  There's the guy who owns the Chinese restaurant in town.  But he and I are on the outs since I learned that he has a separate menu for white people.  All of the good stuff is on the "other" menu.  Bastard!

I love it when you try so hard.

So...a separate menu for white people, eh? Not non-Chinese people? Or are you saying black and brown people have different menus (than white people) at Chinese restaurants?

Take your time...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Racist conspiracy theory.... true? - Page 3 Empty Re: Racist conspiracy theory.... true?

Post by TravelinMan 2023-03-17, 11:21

NigelUno wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

I'm gonna be honest, I don't deal with a lot of Chinese people.  There's the guy who owns the Chinese restaurant in town.  But he and I are on the outs since I learned that he has a separate menu for white people.  All of the good stuff is on the "other" menu.  Bastard!

So...a separate menu for white people, eh?  Not non-Chinese people?  Or are you saying black and brown people have different menus (than white people) at Chinese restaurants?

Take your time...

You guys are thinking about this way too hard. I thought it was funny.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-03-17, 11:25

TravelinMan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

So...a separate menu for white people, eh?  Not non-Chinese people?  Or are you saying black and brown people have different menus (than white people) at Chinese restaurants?

Take your time...

You guys are thinking about this way too hard.  I thought it was funny.

So...you made up a story. And the funny part is you screwed it up. Racist conspiracy theory.... true? - Page 3 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-03-17, 11:27

NigelUno wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

You guys are thinking about this way too hard.  I thought it was funny.

So...you made up a story.  And the funny part is you screwed it up.  Racist conspiracy theory.... true? - Page 3 502811600  

The story is 100% true. I have no idea why you would think it's not.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-03-17, 11:51

TravelinMan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

So...you made up a story.  And the funny part is you screwed it up.  Racist conspiracy theory.... true? - Page 3 502811600  

The story is 100% true.  I have no idea why you would think it's not.

Racist conspiracy theory.... true? - Page 3 Pinocchio
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

TravelinMan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-03-19, 09:23

“What this does provide is clues to help us understand what may have happened,” she said. The international group also told WHO they found DNA from other animals as well as raccoon dogs in the samples from the seafood market, she added.

The coronavirus’ genetic code is strikingly similar to that of bat coronaviruses, and many scientists suspect COVID-19 jumped into humans either directly from a bat or via an intermediary animal like pangolins, ferrets or racoon dogs.

https://apnews.com/article/covid-virus-origins-coronavirus-lab-leak-wildlife-wuhan-raccoon-dog-4dafbb46a575e14eff9fedf2e705aee2
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-03-19, 09:34

Trapper Gus wrote:
“What this does provide is clues to help us understand what may have happened,” she said. The international group also told WHO they found DNA from other animals as well as raccoon dogs in the samples from the seafood market, she added.

The coronavirus’ genetic code is strikingly similar to that of bat coronaviruses, and many scientists suspect COVID-19 jumped into humans either directly from a bat or via an intermediary animal like pangolins, ferrets or racoon dogs.

https://apnews.com/article/covid-virus-origins-coronavirus-lab-leak-wildlife-wuhan-raccoon-dog-4dafbb46a575e14eff9fedf2e705aee2

Racoon dogs. TIL there's such a thing in the world as Racoon dogs. Great. Just what 2023 needed.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2023-03-19, 09:56

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Racoon dogs.  TIL there's such a thing in the world as Racoon dogs.  Great.  Just what 2023 needed.

The canines, named for their raccoon-like faces, are often bred for their fur and sold for meat in animal markets across China.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-03-19, 10:02

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Racoon dogs.  TIL there's such a thing in the world as Racoon dogs.  Great.  Just what 2023 needed.

You can make fun of the name of the animal; however, this is more positive evidence for the "wet market theory" and way more evidence for that theory than the "lab leak theory" has.

Unless samples were taken of the animals themselves, and Chinese scientists leak this out somehow, this may be all we get, and since China's government is doing everything it can to block the investigations, because they don't want China in any way being blamed for covid.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on 2023-03-19, 11:04; edited 2 times in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-03-19, 10:24

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Racoon dogs. TIL there's such a thing in the world as Racoon dogs. Great. Just what 2023 needed.

So the world is worse than it was before because you just found out about raccoon dogs, even though they have existed for, maybe centuries?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-03-19, 10:42

Motown Spartan wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

So the world is worse than it was before because you just found out about raccoon dogs, even though they have existed for, maybe centuries?
I'd say yes... what the fuck else is out there? Panda Alligators? Gold fish squirrels? Damn man, alternate universe shit right here.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

TravelinMan and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2023-03-20, 12:07

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

I'd say yes... what the fuck else is out there? Panda Alligators? Gold fish squirrels?  Damn man, alternate universe shit right here.

Pandigators. sharkels and raccoon dogs oh my!
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2023-03-20, 12:57

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

I'd say yes... what the fuck else is out there? Panda Alligators? Gold fish squirrels?  Damn man, alternate universe shit right here.
Racist conspiracy theory.... true? - Page 3 ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.australiananimallearningzone.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2012%2F01%2FPlatypus
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-03-22, 09:50

Link to tNYT Article

‘We Were Helpless’: Despair at the C.D.C. as the Pandemic Erupted  ---  Current and former employees recall rising desperation as Trump administration officials squelched research into the new coronavirus.

While the Republicans shout about the weaponization of government agencies the reports about how Trump and the Republicans weaponized government agencies keep coming out.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-03-23, 09:58

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

I'd say yes... what the fuck else is out there? Panda Alligators? Gold fish squirrels? Damn man, alternate universe shit right here.

When I was about four years old, I used play-doh to sculpt a turtle squirrel to give to my dad. I’ve looked but never found a turtle squirrel in nature. Finding out about the raccoon dog gives me hope.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

TravelinMan and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-03-23, 10:39

tGreenWay wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

When I was about four years old, I used play-doh to sculpt a turtle squirrel to give to my dad. I’ve looked but never found a turtle squirrel in nature. Finding out about the raccoon dog gives me hope.

See I would have bet good money you only ate playdoh as a child.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-03-23, 11:18

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

See I would have bet good money you only ate playdoh as a child.

Not a chance, Dwags. Play-doh was too filling. I was all about eating the lead paint chips. cyclops
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

DWags, Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Racist conspiracy theory.... true? - Page 3 Empty AP Reports China Hits Back - Again

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-04-08, 08:42

AP Reports China Hits Back - Again

The ruling Communist Party has tried to deflect criticism of its handling of the outbreak by spreading uncertainty about its origins.

Officials have repeated anti-U.S. conspiracy theories that the virus was created by Washington and smuggled into China. The government also says the virus might have entered China on mail or food shipments, though scientists abroad see no evidence to support that.

Chinese officials suppressed information about the Wuhan outbreak in 2019 and punished a doctor who warned others about the new disease. The ruling party reversed course in early 2020 and shut down access to major cities and most international travel to contain the disease.

The genetic material cited by the WHO’s Tedros was uploaded recently to a global database but collected in 2020 at a Wuhan market where wildlife was sold.

The samples show DNA from raccoon dogs mingled with the virus, scientists say. They say that adds evidence to the hypothesis COVID-19 came from animals, not a lab, but doesn’t resolve the question of where it started. They say the virus also might have spread to raccoon dogs from humans.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-04-13, 15:37

Appears the guy who leaked the top secret files was a racist.

Sorry to broad.

I'm talking about the recent top secret doc case involving Ukraine/Russia.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2023-04-13, 16:12

21 years old and did it for the lolz
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2023-04-13, 17:33

I'll never understand why this is such a highly divided issue. We have been warned about pandemic response for years. You could take a tiny fraction of the Miltary budget and add this to the portfolio to protect Americans. Heck they probably burn through enough to create a whole team of researchers.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-04-14, 07:25

msugolfguy wrote:I'll never understand why this is such a highly divided issue. We have been warned about pandemic response for years. You could take a tiny fraction of the Miltary budget and add this to the portfolio to protect Americans. Heck they probably burn through enough to create a whole team of researchers.

Confused.

You don't understand why Trump blamed China?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-05-30, 08:23

Expecting right wing media spin in 10, 9, 8...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-65708746

The possibility the Covid virus leaked from a laboratory should not be ruled out, a former top Chinese government scientist has told BBC News.

As head of China's Centre for Disease Control (CDC), Prof George Gao played a key role in the pandemic response and efforts to trace its origins.

China's government dismisses any suggestion the disease may have originated in a Wuhan laboratory.

But Prof Gao is less forthright.

In an interview for the BBC Radio 4 podcast Fever: The Hunt for Covid's Origin, Prof Gao says: "You can always suspect anything. That's science. Don't rule out anything."
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3