Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Local (Queer Owned) Coffee Shop - Strange Matter - Closes After Receiving a 10 Page Letter Threatening Violence

+6
RQA
NigelUno
Floyd Robertson
DWags
Travis of the Cosmos
Robert J Sakimano
10 posters

Go down

Local (Queer Owned) Coffee Shop - Strange Matter - Closes After Receiving a 10 Page Letter Threatening Violence Empty Local (Queer Owned) Coffee Shop - Strange Matter - Closes After Receiving a 10 Page Letter Threatening Violence

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:45 am

Hey, everyone.
Out of an abundance of caution, we'll be closed at both of our shops for a few days.

We received a ten page letter, postmarked over two weeks ago, containing specific dates, images of hate, and threatening phrases.

Another queer-identified coffee shop received a similar letter in Detroit. While several of the dates identified in the letter have already passed, we are opting for caution for the sake of our staff and customers.

We will update our Instagram account when we have more information about reopening. - Cara

I'm sure 'pro-life' republicans are outraged by this.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Local (Queer Owned) Coffee Shop - Strange Matter - Closes After Receiving a 10 Page Letter Threatening Violence Empty Re: Local (Queer Owned) Coffee Shop - Strange Matter - Closes After Receiving a 10 Page Letter Threatening Violence

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:10 pm

What’s the coffee shop Bob
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Local (Queer Owned) Coffee Shop - Strange Matter - Closes After Receiving a 10 Page Letter Threatening Violence Empty Re: Local (Queer Owned) Coffee Shop - Strange Matter - Closes After Receiving a 10 Page Letter Threatening Violence

Post by DWags Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:11 pm

Wow. Two options, don’t go in the shop, or write a ten page letter filled with hate and threats. Hmmmm. Not surprised by the choice. I’d be more surprised if it wasn’t from a Christian who loves Trump.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:11 pm

I might be safer to reopen next week. If I'm not mistaken, this Saturday is actually the Nazi national day of hate and many organizations have issued warnings.

It's sad that they win when they cause this change in behavior just to be safe.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:30 pm

Probably just someone at Beaner's trying to boost their business.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:44 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:What’s the coffee shop Bob
Strange Matter.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:48 pm

and with all of the hate-filled, bigoted legislation being introduced and signed into law by mainstream christian republicans, this sort of thing is not at all shocking.

in fact, this sort of thing is a promoted feature of their language, their ideology. As we've seen with mass shootings, school shootings, etc - they absolve themselves of any responsibility for sewing the seeds of hate and then nurturing them into violence.

this is what the mainstream christian republican party stands for.. this is what they want.

don't believe me? Sit back and wait for one of our upstanding republican posters to unequivocally denounce this sort of thing without caveat or qualification.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:07 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

don't believe me?

Nope.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:49 pm

RQA wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

don't believe me?

Nope.

You don’t believe the story?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:15 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:
RQA wrote:

Nope.

Oh, I believe the story. I just don't believe Bob's narrative about all the hate legislation being passed by Republicans and signed into law.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:28 pm

RQA wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

Oh, I believe the story. I just don't believe Bob's narrative about all the hate legislation being passed by Republicans and signed into law.

Tell me you’re out of touch with reality by actually telling me you’re out of touch with reality.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:44 pm

The mainstream media finally picked up the story.

Caution: Mainstream Media Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:01 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:
RQA wrote:

Tell me you’re out of touch with reality by actually telling me you’re out of touch with reality.

Seems like he has been posted in another thread defending laws being passed which do what he is claiming here do not exist. His lack of awareness is astounding.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:13 pm

RQA wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

Where can we find proof?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:16 pm

How about this link
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:38 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:and with all of the hate-filled, bigoted legislation being introduced and signed into law by mainstream christian republicans, this sort of thing is not at all shocking.

in fact, this sort of thing is a promoted feature of their language, their ideology. As we've seen with mass shootings, school shootings, etc - they absolve themselves of any responsibility for sewing the seeds of hate and then nurturing them into violence.

this is what the mainstream christian republican party stands for.. this is what they want.

don't believe me? Sit back and wait for one of our upstanding republican posters to unequivocally denounce this sort of thing without caveat or qualification.
told ya.

Seems like it should pretty easy for decent people to denounce threats of violence.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:50 am

Trapper Gus wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

Seems like he has been posted in another thread defending laws being passed which do what he is claiming here do not exist. His lack of awareness is astounding.

There is also a second possibility. He knows and he’s lying. Hmmmm does he have a proclivity for that?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:04 am

DWags wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

There is also a second possibility. He knows and he’s lying. Hmmmm does he have a proclivity for that?

He never seems to address what the Republicans are doing, good or bad, only mocks the liberals, why is that?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:10 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:and with all of the hate-filled, bigoted legislation being introduced and signed into law by mainstream christian republicans, this sort of thing is not at all shocking.

told ya.

Seems like it should pretty easy for decent people to denounce threats of violence.

You seem really big on people making declarations about common sense things. What's next? Clean air and water is good? Violence is bad? Kittens are cute?
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:20 am

TravelinMan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
told ya.

You seem really big on people making declarations about common sense things. What's next? Clean air and water is good? Violence is bad? Kittens are cute?

When there is one political party declaring that common sense things are not only bad, but must be destroyed, someone has to stand up and oppose them.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:43 am

TravelinMan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
told ya.

I agree.

see.. when you're a decent person with a respect for humanity and not beholden to political/religious ideology, it's pretty easy to just say "I agree" with the "common sense" things you speak of.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:46 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

I agree.

see.. when you're a decent person with a respect for humanity and not beholden to political/religious ideology, it's pretty easy to just say "I agree" with the "common sense" things you speak of.

Also, if one doesn’t denounce racism and hate, don’t tell me their silence does.

It doesn’t.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:41 pm

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I agree.

Also, if one doesn’t denounce racism and hate, don’t tell me their silence does.

It doesn’t.
the silence from the 'pro-life' christian right says everything.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:57 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

It doesn’t.
the silence from the 'pro-life' christian right says everything.

Again, other than possibly RQA, I'm not sure there's anyone here posting that matches your description.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:43 pm

TravelinMan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: the silence from the 'pro-life' christian right says everything.

Again, other than possibly RQA, I'm not sure there's anyone here posting that matches your description.
I suspect there are handful of knuckle-scrapers floating around here. Some got tired of having to defend their racist, bigoted, christian heroes and left. I imagine it would be exhausting having a bright light shining on your christian nationalism, racism and bigotry.

others tell us exactly who they are with their silence. And as much as it hurts their feelings and folks like you, for whatever reason, don't understand it, I will always shine a light on their disgusting christian brand that promotes violence via racism, bigotry and hate.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags, Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:01 am

TravelinMan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: the silence from the 'pro-life' christian right says everything.

Pantry is conservative in belief, and politically seems programed by the right-wing media, though I haven't noticed a Christian streak from him.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:44 am

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

Pantry is conservative in belief, and politically seems programed by the right-wing media, though I haven't noticed a Christian streak from him.

But the 'pro-life Christians' are driving the bus.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:59 am

Motown Spartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Excellent point - plus one
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:12 am

Motown Spartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

and they're as far from 'pro-life' as one could possibly be... as evidenced even in this thread.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down