Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

High school wrestling takes a bad turn

5 posters

Go down

High school wrestling takes a bad turn Empty High school wrestling takes a bad turn

Post by DWags April 19th 2023, 7:33 am

[tw]1648372319469858816?s=46&t=o_-92Ldle66XHQBlJVUMFQ[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

High school wrestling takes a bad turn Empty Re: High school wrestling takes a bad turn

Post by Motown Spartan April 19th 2023, 8:07 am

That’s a bigger pussy move than shooting Bud Light cans.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

High school wrestling takes a bad turn Empty Re: High school wrestling takes a bad turn

Post by Travis of the Cosmos April 19th 2023, 8:40 am

Did the kid say something? That looked to me like he said something. It’s a kid named Hafid punching a kid named Cooper, so Cooper saying something vile and getting punched for it would be easily overlooked in many large swaths of the country.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict April 19th 2023, 11:35 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Did the kid say something? That looked to me like he said something. It’s a kid named Hafid punching a kid named Cooper, so Cooper saying something vile and getting punched for it would be easily overlooked in many large swaths of the country.
There is no way that was a reaction to something said right before the handshake. There isn't time enough to react especially when you consider when the punch actually started. If he had those types of super human reflexes - he would have won. Something could have been said or done during the match, but that is just speculation. There is simply no excuse for that sucker punch.

Kids do stupid things. Studies have shown their brains really don't process the ramifications for their actions. That said, such stupid actions still need to have severe consequences.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos April 19th 2023, 12:18 pm

MSU addict wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Did the kid say something? That looked to me like he said something. It’s a kid named Hafid punching a kid named Cooper, so Cooper saying something vile and getting punched for it would be easily overlooked in many large swaths of the country.
There is no way that was a reaction to something said right before the handshake. There isn't time enough to react especially when you consider when the punch actually started. If he had those types of super human reflexes - he would have won. Something could have been said or done during the match, but that is just speculation. There is simply no excuse for that sucker punch.

Kids do stupid things. Studies have shown their brains really don't process the ramifications for their actions. That said, such stupid actions still need to have severe consequences.

Dude there is a solid 3 seconds where coop is looking at the other guy, ahead of the handshake, where you can’t see his face. He could have said anything there and it would not have been super human to punch him. Normal ass reflexes really. And why didn’t he punch him right away instead of reaching out to shake his hand first. Something feels missing there to me, like another instigating factor.

Anyway I have no idea obviously. But just auto assuming sucker punch based solely on that video feels like it’s lacking context
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos April 19th 2023, 12:21 pm

More likely to me-

- Coops mom is video taping
- coops mom sees him get “sucker punched”
- coop neglects to tell coops mom that he said “nice match terrorist” or some shit
- coops mom puts a video on the internet saying that her angel baby got sucker punched, we all believe it

Or he really did get sucked punched. I don’t know. I just think it’s viable that there’s more to that story than that.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags April 19th 2023, 12:29 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:More likely to me-

- coop neglects to tell coops mom that he said “nice match terrorist” or some shit
- coops mom puts a video on the internet saying that her angel baby got sucker punched, we all believe it

Or he really did get sucked punched. I don’t know. I just think it’s viable that there’s more to that story than that.

Most likely, there is always more than just meets the guy in these type of things. I’m sure we will find out more.

Then we will have to reevaluate if throwing a sucker Punch fits the crime. For many of us, I’m thinking we would not cross that line no matter what somebody was calling or saying to us. But we haven’t walked in that kids shoes. Like I say, I’m sure will hear a lot more about this. It only happened on April 8.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos April 19th 2023, 12:49 pm

DWags wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:More likely to me-

Most likely, there is always more than just meets the guy in these type of things. I’m sure we will find out more.

Then we will have to reevaluate if throwing a sucker Punch fits the crime. For many of us, I’m thinking we would not cross that line no matter what somebody was calling or saying to us. But we haven’t walked in that kids shoes. Like I say, I’m sure will hear a lot more about this. It only happened on April 8.

We probably won’t though. That’s the internet. We get a video and say “oh man what the fuck” and log it in our heads that a kid got sucker punched. Even if did we end up hearing something later that goes against what we think happened, we’ve all collectively already moved on and do not update the records in our minds of what happened on that one video we saw a few weeks back
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay April 19th 2023, 3:05 pm

Thanks, Biden.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down