Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brantley to the portal

+11
InTenSity
kingstonlake
Dendrobates
Motown Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
Trapper Gus
Pervis Muldoon
Nordic
DWags
tGreenWay
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Brantley to the portal Empty Brantley to the portal

Post by tGreenWay 2023-04-30, 18:58

[tw]1652808773746974727?s=46&t=hAAbnjdcodatyV6U1usw3Q[/tw]
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Brantley to the portal Empty Re: Brantley to the portal

Post by DWags 2023-04-30, 18:59

Brantley to the portal 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-04-30, 19:07

DWags wrote:Brantley to the portal 502811600

I know you still wish the feild was still at stand level because James Caan rushed the feild in '62.  But this is the world we live in now bruh.

Are you seriously surprised? We've been relatively unscathed by the portal. And Coleman is the only one I would consider a big lose.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-04-30, 19:30

Nordic wrote:
DWags wrote:Brantley to the portal 502811600

View user profile Send private message
LIKEYOU SUCK!
Back to top Go down

Select/Unselect multi-quote
Edit/Delete this post
Delete this post
Report post to moderator or admin
Post by Nordic Today at 7:09 pm

DWags wrote:

I know you still wish the feild was still at stand level because James Caan rushed the feild in '62.  But this is world we live in now bruh.

Are you seriously surprised? We've been relatively unscathed by the portal. And Coleman is the only one I would consider a big lose.

You couldn’t be more wrong an out me, but by now I’m guessing you know I don’t care about that.  Life’s too short. So, say what you need to.

Players can and should get what they can. Good for them.

And if you think that I believe losing one receiver that brought in 797 yards and a below average CB with one iconic interception will ruin MSU football then the program has way more issues than what happened today.

We disagree about the biggest loss. It’s Thorne. How anyone can think otherwise is beyond funny. You guys know how Kim and Hauser are going to play against big ten comp?  You’re amazing. Salute. I’ll take a bird in the hand any day. But whatevs

No, let the kids get what they can. Now, am I concerned we might not have a staff that is ready for all these moving parts?  Yes I am.  And the more man hours needed by our coaches working on it the less they’re coaching. Our administration needs to get out in front of it.

As far as Brantley with his 48 tackles and 6 pass break ups, none on 3rd down, good luck to him. I wish him well.  But he ain’t landing at Bama.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-04-30, 19:45

I had to workshop that James Caan joke dwags. You caught me mid-edit. Come on it is a good one.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2023-04-30, 19:49

Ten or twelve more of these and I'm going to start wondering what's going on.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Trapper Gus and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-04-30, 19:49

DWags wrote:
Nordic wrote:

View user profile Send private message
LIKEYOU SUCK!
Back to top Go down

Select/Unselect multi-quote
Edit/Delete this post
Delete this post
Report post to moderator or admin
Post by Nordic Today at 7:09 pm

DWags wrote:

I know you still wish the feild was still at stand level because James Caan rushed the feild in '62.  But this is world we live in now bruh.

You couldn’t be more wrong an out me, but by now I’m guessing you know I don’t care about that.  Life’s too short. So, say what you need to.

And if you think that I believe losing one receiver that brought in 797 yards and a below average CB with one iconic interception will ruin MSU football then the program has way more issues than what happened today.

We disagree about the biggest loss. It’s Thorne. How anyone can think otherwise is beyond funny. You guys know how Kim and Hauser are going to play against big ten comp?  You’re amazing. Salute. I’ll take a bird in the hand any day. But whatevs

No, let the kids get what they can. Now, am I concerned we might not have a staff that is ready for all these moving parts?  Yes I am.  And the more man hours needed by our coaches working on it the less they’re coaching. Our administration needs to get out in front of it.

As far as Brantley with his 48 tackles and 6 pass break ups, none on 3rd down, good luck to him. I wish him well.  But he ain’t landing at Bama.

Well don't give up hope.  

If Tucker agrees with you about Thorne it wouldn't be surprising to see him in Green & White next year.

edit - thinking about this it could be that Trucker was unhappy about Thorne's comments about playing hurt and the number of times he audibled out of plays where he might take punishment?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-04-30, 19:58

Pervis Muldoon wrote:Ten or twelve more of these and I'm going to start wondering what's going on.

lol!
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-04-30, 20:14

DWags wrote:
Nordic wrote:

BTW. I meant that mulitple transfers, even starters are the new normal. Not that you were anti-portal. This is not like 10 years ago that a starter transferring meant there was an issue. We've been remarkedly unscathed the last 3-years, until today.

Re: Thorne. I answered that in the other thread. I have no idea how Kim and Hauser will perform. But like it or not they are our future. We are not winning the BIG next year with or without Throne. Why waste another year not developing the young guys. Let's see what they got. Isn't this the same argument you've had all year re: Rodgers and Love?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-04-30, 20:21

Trapper Gus wrote:
DWags wrote:

Well don't give up hope.  

If Tucker agrees with you about Thorne it wouldn't be surprising to see him in Green & White next year.

edit - thinking about this it could be that Trucker was unhappy about Thorne's comments about playing hurt and the number of times he audibled out of plays where he might take punishment?

Tucker knows what he’s doing way better than I do. I trust him more.

I don’t think any of the losses are program changing. Gun to my head I thought we were a 4th place east team 48 hours ago. I still do.

My point isi don’t know who is the best quarterback between those three but let’s say Thorne isn’t and he’s still on our team next fall. How great would it be to have a back up quarterback who has thrown for 7000 yards and 39 touchdowns? That’s a huge loss. If you ask me do I want a wide receiver who has a decent upside that had 797 yards on my roster or that my back up quarterback had those stats I’m taking Thorne every time. That’s me.

Our defense will be good next year. We have some decent receivers left. Nice RB’s and our oline is better. We’ll be ok.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-04-30, 20:24

Nordic wrote:
DWags wrote:

BTW. I meant that mulitple transfers, even starters are the new normal. Not that you were anti-portal. This is not like 10 years ago that a starter transferring meant there was an issue. We've been remarkedly unscathed the last 3-years, until today.

Re: Thorne. I answered that in the other thread. I have no idea how Kim and Hauser will perform. But like it or not they are our future. We are not winning the BIG next year with or without Throne. Why waste another year not developing the young guys. Let's see what they got. Isn't this the same argument you've had all year re: Rodgers and Love?

Never said I’d start Thorne. I have no idea. But I’d like him on my Roster.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-04-30, 20:39

DWags wrote:
Nordic wrote:

And that is (probably) why he is transferring. I never wanted Thorne to transfer. But this is where we are at, and it could be a blessing in disguise. As you said we are probably 4th in the BIG this year anyway (PSU is legit good this year).
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-05-01, 00:25

Brantley already offered by Dion.

[tw]1652883341681491970?s=46&t=o_-92Ldle66XHQBlJVUMFQ[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-05-01, 07:03

Nordic wrote:
DWags wrote:

And that is (probably) why he is transferring. I never wanted Thorne to transfer. But this is where we are at, and it could be a blessing in disguise. As you said we are probably 4th in the BIG this year anyway (PSU is legit good this year).

Agreed.

I don't think a QB1 like Thorne transfers thinking he's going to be QB1 on a better football team. Unless he has a really big ego.

Maybe Thorne wasn't getting assurances he would be QB1 this fall.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-05-02, 09:50

You guys, Brantley is coming back
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-05-02, 09:51

Please speculate and gossip 

[tw]1653388205356351488[/tw]
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-05-02, 09:52

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:You guys, Brantley is coming back

What did you do??? Are you playing with duct tape again?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-05-02, 09:55

Brantley to the portal 1550444538

Brantley to the portal Scree116
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-05-02, 09:58

Not so fast my friend.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2023-05-02, 10:00

Pervis Muldoon wrote:Ten or twelve more of these and I'm going to start wondering what's going on.

I am now. Sure, we haven't had many transfer out, and it's bound to happen. But something seems a little off to me.
We have no idea how Kim is going to be, and its concerning with his lack of experience. Obviously, the kids need to do what is best for them. I just hope there's nothing bad going down/toxic environment on the team.

We've had enough drama/trauma to last a lifetime at MSU
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-05-02, 10:07

Check didn't clear?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-05-02, 10:13

Nordic wrote:

What did you do??? Are you playing with duct tape again?

😏🪢
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-05-02, 10:31

kingstonlake wrote:

Check didn't clear?

Grass is t always greener once you take a look maybe? I hope this young man can put on weight and has a better year. Krumm and Miller were corners out of the gate. When Barnet and Iaquaniello could hold play corner (especially the bang stick) then moving them and using them at safety helped MSU win a championship. Not saying msu should do that but having a room full of good, not great, DB’s provides you with some flexibility.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2023-05-02, 10:45

This is probably the new normal for college sports. Every year every team is going to lose good and bad players. These guys want to play on Sunday's. They've probably been the best or one of the best athletes their whole life and now they are up against other guys who have been the best.
I don't really have any idea, I just don't think its only happening to MSU.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-05-02, 11:22

InTenSity wrote:This is probably the new normal for college sports. Every year every team is going to lose good and bad players. These guys want to play on Sunday's. They've probably been the best or one of the best athletes their whole life and now they are up against other guys who have been the best.

I’d probably leave the field of coaching, at least at the D1 level. Coaches already have a massive list of things they have to do on the daily, but now adding having to re-recruit all of your own players every day of the year, too? No thanks. If I enjoy the travel from recruiting that much, I’ll take over Del Griffith’s region and sell shower curtain rings.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-05-02, 11:25

I just want to go on record as being one of the few posters that did not immediately call Brantley a scum sucking pile of shit on Sunday. Some of you really should check yourselves and think about what it means to be a SPARTAN. You know who you are.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-05-02, 11:26

DWags wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Check didn't clear?

Grass is t always greener once you take a look maybe? I hope this young man can put on weight and has a better year. Krumm and Miller were corners out of the gate. When Barnet and Iaquaniello could hold play corner (especially the bang stick) then moving them and using them at safety helped MSU win a championship. Not saying msu should do that but having a room full of good, not great, DB’s provides you with some flexibility.

Charles! What are you doing? - Charles' mom

(Charles removes name from portal.)
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-05-02, 11:34

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

Hopefully she can tell him to get in the weight room and film room too.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-05-02, 11:40

tGreenWay wrote:
InTenSity wrote:This is probably the new normal for college sports. Every year every team is going to lose good and bad players. These guys want to play on Sunday's. They've probably been the best or one of the best athletes their whole life and now they are up against other guys who have been the best.

I’d probably leave the field of coaching, at least at the D1 level. Coaches already have a massive list of things they have to do on the daily, but now adding having to re-recruit all of your own players every day of the year, too? No thanks. If I enjoy the travel from recruiting that much, I’ll take over Del Griffith’s region and sell shower curtain rings.

More teams will add GM's as a position to help manage these issues.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-05-02, 11:45

Trapper Gus wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

More teams will add GM's as a position to help manage these issues.

We just hired a new GM. I think we always had someone (or a few people) kind of in charge of the portal.

At the end of they day, the Head Coach is going to have to deal with players leaving (and trying to get them back). It's just part of the deal now.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-05-02, 12:45

tGreenWay wrote:

Yeah, I feel sorry for the coaches who are probably the highest paid public employees in their state. Are you going to tell us to pity landlords next? How about Jeff or Elon, do you want us to feel sorry for them now? Those six and seven figure salaries better come with lots of responsibilities.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2023-05-02, 12:48

They also want NIL deals and will move wherever they can make the most. That's what just happened with Van Dyke at Miami. Basically was done and dusted going to Alabama, and then Cristobol got a donar to step in with a better NIL deal than he was getting from Bama.

Basically every player is a free agent. It makes it really difficult for coaches to plan and build a team.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-05-02, 13:54

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

sound likes Chuck didn't get the buck.. mamma said "Chuck, what the fuck"?

Chuck be outta luck. No
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, DWags and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-05-02, 14:01

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

there once was a guy named Chuck
he was looking for an extra buck
one call from Mama
put an end to the drama
he returned to the Land of Tuck
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-05-02, 14:01

Evidently Coleman and Tucker met today. If he comes back, and with the addition of Brantley plus a new young gun slinger I think we’re good for 4th place in the east. Of course I’ll be at most every game screaming for a 1st.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-05-02, 14:02

And, let me just say, if Coleman doesn’t come back, with the addition of Brantley, and the new young gunslinger, I see us probably finishing fourth in the east. However, I will most likely will be at most of the games screaming for a. 1st.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-05-02, 14:04

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

one call from Mama
put an end to the drama

Charles Not in Charge
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-05-02, 14:07

Trapper Gus wrote:
DWags wrote:

Well don't give up hope.  

Did Thorne really say that?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-05-02, 14:48

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

one call from Mama
put an end to the drama

Charles Not in Charge
Mamma said "ground Chuck".

and Chuck was grounded.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-05-02, 14:49

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Yeah, I feel sorry for the coaches who are probably the highest paid public employees in their state. Are you going to tell us to pity landlords next? How about Jeff or Elon, do you want us to feel sorry for them now? Those six and seven figure salaries better come with lots of responsibilities.

Gosh no, I was only referring to coaches and I didn’t say I feel sorry for them and it’s really weird that you do. Shuffle your priorities, sport.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next