Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just another day in paradise - Ban Guns!

+11
Robert J Sakimano
Zurn
sεяεηιτλ
kingstonlake
duffy munn
Floyd Robertson
Travis of the Cosmos
TravelinMan
Turtleneck
tGreenWay
Motown Spartan
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Just another day in paradise - Ban Guns!  Empty Just another day in paradise - Ban Guns!

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-06-11, 08:33

https://apnews.com/article/houston-shooting-police-club-parking-lot-7e00d802be71c9e9385b6cb79079f90e

https://apnews.com/article/san-francisco-mass-shooting-no-fatalities-2765b20223fd7b04e3f376e2e0c5273f
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Just another day in paradise - Ban Guns!  Empty Re: Just another day in paradise - Ban Guns!

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-06-12, 10:21

A toddler is dead in Howell after access to unsecured firearm.

BAN GUNS!!!!
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Just another day in paradise - Ban Guns!  Empty Re: Just another day in paradise - Ban Guns!

Post by tGreenWay 2023-06-12, 14:06

Wonder if the Howell parent(s) will face any charges in mega/MAGA conservative Livingston County.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-06-12, 14:08

tGreenWay wrote:Wonder if the Howell parent(s) will face any charges in mega/MAGA conservative Livingston County.

Didn't they decide they were a "Constitutional County"?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-06-12, 14:25

The gun was just defending itself from a freeloading baby that thinks everything should be free.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-06-12, 15:08

Motown Spartan wrote:A toddler is dead in Howell after access to unsecured firearm.

BAN GUNS!!!!

I would rather ban the child's parents.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-06-13, 09:20

DENVER (AP) — Ten people were wounded in a mass shooting early Tuesday in Denver in an area where basketball fans had been celebrating the Nuggets first NBA title win, police said, and a suspect was taken into custody.

The shooting happened about 12:30 a.m. — about 3 1/2 hours after the game — and three of the injured were in critical condition, the Denver Police Department said in a statement. The suspect, a man, was one of the seven people who suffered injuries believed to be non-life-threatening.

The shooting happened about a mile from Ball Arena, where the Nuggets defeated the Miami Heat on Monday night.

“As far as what led up to this altercation that resulted in the shots being fired, that’s still under investigation at this time,” police spokesperson Doug Schepman said. “It did occur in the area where we had largest gathering of folks celebrating during the night.”

The area was taped off and evidence markers were at the scene.

https://apnews.com/article/denver-shooting-nuggets-suspect-ee4869abf1afee855565f1c517bfae1f
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-06-14, 10:18

Given the original intent of the Second Amendment and the possibility of a Trump 2024 administration, I’m surprised ya’ll still want to ban guns.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-14, 10:20

pretty cool how the most outspoken "pro-life" patriots are perfectly happy with people dying due to gun violence.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-06-14, 10:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:pretty cool how the most outspoken "pro-life" patriots are perfectly happy with people dying due to gun violence.

Is there anyone on this board who is outspokenly pro life?
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-06-14, 10:35

TravelinMan wrote:Given the original intent of the Second Amendment and the possibility of a Trump 2024 administration, I’m surprised ya’ll still want to ban guns.
I bet what this statement that you present as fact means to you is just absolutely wild
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-06-14, 11:10

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:Given the original intent of the Second Amendment and the possibility of a Trump 2024 administration, I’m surprised ya’ll still want to ban guns.
I bet what this statement that you present as fact means to you is just absolutely wild

It is commonly believed that the founders allowed an armed populace so that the government wouldn't become tyrannical.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-06-14, 11:43

TravelinMan wrote:

It is commonly believed that the founders allowed an armed populace so that the government wouldn't become tyrannical.
If everyone jumped off a bridge would you jump too? 

The common belief that the intention behind the second amendment having anything to do with individual gun rights is incorrect as evidenced by it not meaning that for the first 200 years of our history. The idea that it protects your right to build an arsenal in your bunker so you can fight imaginary boogie men is a purely modern viewpoint.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-06-14, 11:51

It’s freaking hilarious to me that 2A fanboys think the intent was to prevent a tyrannical government when there are at least 6 other mentions in the Constitution giving power to the government to subdue insurrection.

But keep stroking your muzzle.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-14, 12:36

TravelinMan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:pretty cool how the most outspoken "pro-life" patriots are perfectly happy with people dying due to gun violence.

I am.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-14, 12:37

Motown Spartan wrote:It’s freaking hilarious to me that 2A fanboys think the intent was to prevent a tyrannical government when there are at least 6 other mentions in the Constitution giving power to the government to subdue insurrection.

But keep stroking your muzzle.
fragile white males are always good source of entertainment. Just another day in paradise - Ban Guns!  502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-06-14, 12:51

TravelinMan wrote:

Today it is a common belief, yes, however that wasn't exactly what they were trying to do.

Their intent was to not have a standing Army, like we have had ever since the Louisiana Purchase, at least, although it wasn't until WW2 that it became such a big thing.

Their intent was that the Army would be made up of the militas and the "bear arms" part was in that context.

They would not recognize the current interpretation of the 2nd and would be agast.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-14, 12:58

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

Today it is a common belief, yes, however that wasn't exactly what they were trying to do.

Their intent was to not have a standing Army, like we have had ever since the Louisiana Purchase, at least, although it wasn't until WW2 that it became such a big thing.

Their intent was that the Army would be made up of the militas and the "bear arms" part was in that context.

They would not recognize the current interpretation of the 2nd and would be agast.
you mean the Founders would have a problem with children being mutilated by assault rifles while sitting in their first grade classroom?

I don't think the republican/libertarian folks would take too kindly to that, since it is genuinely one of the primary cornerstones of their political platform, to be celebrated and utilized in major fundraising initiatives.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-06-14, 13:04

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

you mean the Founders would have a problem with children being mutilated by assault rifles while sitting in their first grade classroom?

I don't think the republican/libertarian folks would take too kindly to that, since it is genuinely one of the primary cornerstones of their political platform, to be celebrated and utilized in major fundraising initiatives.

Something created by the NRA after it was taken over by a white racist from Texas.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-14, 13:21

Trapper Gus wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Something created by the NRA after it was taken over by a white racist from Texas.
a lot of money to be made in murdering folks, kids.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-06-14, 14:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

I am.

You're anti abortion?
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-06-14, 14:13

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

Thank you for acknowledging my point.

So given the chances of a Trump 2024 administration... you really wanna give up all the guns?
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-14, 14:14

TravelinMan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I am.

You're anti abortion?
I'm pro-life.

and, yes, I'll never have an abortion.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-06-14, 14:19

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

You're anti abortion?
I'm pro-life.

You're dodging the question, my friend.

Do you support a women's right to choose? Do you believe abortion should be a legal option for women in all 50 states - possibly conceding to certain conditions and age of fetus? (Or not)
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-14, 14:21

TravelinMan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I'm pro-life.

Do you support a women's right to choose?  Do you believe abortion should be a legal option for women in all 50 states - possibly conceding to certain conditions and age of fetus?  (Or not)
not dodging the question. You just don't like the answer.

I believe in personal freedom. People can make their own choices. I know that's inconvenient for republican/libertarian folks like you.

Last edited by Robert J Sakimano on 2023-06-14, 14:23; edited 1 time in total
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-06-14, 14:22

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

Do you support a women's right to choose?  Do you believe abortion should be a legal option for women in all 50 states - possibly conceding to certain conditions and age of fetus?  (Or not)

I believe in personal freedom.People can make their own choices. I know that's inconvenient republican/libertarian folks like you.

That's not society's definition of "pro life." Sorry.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-14, 14:23

TravelinMan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I believe in personal freedom.People can make their own choices. I know that's inconvenient republican/libertarian folks like you.

I don't know if you've noticed, but society is very stupid.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-06-14, 14:24

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

I don't know if you've noticed, but society is very stupid.

Oh trust me. I've noticed. I think I'm looking at part of it in this thread.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Zurn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-14, 14:25

TravelinMan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I don't know if you've noticed, but society is very stupid.

Oh trust me. I've noticed. I think I'm looking at part of it in this thread.
indeed you are.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-06-14, 14:28

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

So given the chances of a Trump 2024 administration... you really wanna give up all the guns?

You are kidding, right?

Absolutely.

Anyone who thinks a gun is going to protect them from the power of the government is an idiot.

The only protection we have is one I have never seen you fighting for, universal voting rights and fair districting.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-06-14, 14:32

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

You are kidding, right?

Absolutely.

Anyone who thinks a gun is going to protect them from the power of the government is an idiot.

The only protection we have is one I have never seen you fighting for, universal voting rights and fair districting.

Anyone who is registered and can pony up a valid ID should be allowed to vote.

I don't really know much or understand districting. I'll leave that to others to champion.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-14, 14:38

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

You are kidding, right?

Absolutely.

so you don't think that someone with a gun can overpower a government that owns tanks, surface-to-air missiles, intercontinental ballistic missiles, stealth bombers, nuclear weapons, etc.?

you disappoint the 'pro-life' NRA.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2023-06-14, 14:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

You are kidding, right?

Absolutely.

so you don't think that someone with a gun can overpower a government that owns tanks, surface-to-air missiles, intercontinental ballistic missiles, stealth bombers, nuclear weapons, etc.?

But but but, I've seen it happen in the movies. Two or three guys taking down an entire infantry, we can do that too, can't we Bubba? After all what use are these AR15s if we can't use them against the gubmint.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-06-14, 14:51

Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-06-14, 14:56

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

But but but, I've seen it happen in the movies. Two or three guys taking down an entire infantry, we can do that too, can't we Bubba? After all what use are these AR15s if we can't use them against the gubmint.

Enjoy your time in the Trump reeducation gulag, sheep.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Jake from State Farm likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-14, 14:58

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

these brave republicans/libertarians ain't afraid of stealth bombers.

Just another day in paradise - Ban Guns!  2Q==
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-06-14, 15:03

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

You are kidding, right?

Absolutely.

I don't really know much or understand districting. I'll leave that to others to champion.

There you go, giving the government the power to limit who votes.

Everyone, from the 1 month old, to the dying 110 year old should be able to vote without restrictions like registration or identification. Also the government should be required that all voters can complete their voting within 15 minutes or less the start of the process.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-14, 15:07

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

Everyone, from the 1 month old, to the dying 110 year old should be able to vote without restrictions like registration or identification. Also the government should be required that all voters can complete their voting within 15 minutes or less the start of the process.
he's a big fan of 'personal freedom', so I'm sure he loves this idea.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-06-14, 15:10

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Everyone, from the 1 month old, to the dying 110 year old should be able to vote without restrictions like registration or identification.  Also the government should be required that all voters can complete their voting within 15 minutes or less the start of the process.
he's a big fan of 'personal freedom', so I'm sure he loves this idea.

This actually is one of the rights some of the more hard core Libertarian philosophors believe in, and I don't completely disagree with. They also argue for the right for kids to choose the "parents" they wish to live with.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-06-14, 15:15

Come on libtards, the blacks and the skirts shouldn't be able to vote, just ask the perfect and always right dead for 200+ years founding fathers.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next