Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just another day in paradise - Ban Guns!

+11
Robert J Sakimano
Zurn
sεяεηιτλ
kingstonlake
duffy munn
Floyd Robertson
Travis of the Cosmos
TravelinMan
Turtleneck
tGreenWay
Motown Spartan
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Just another day in paradise - Ban Guns!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Just another day in paradise - Ban Guns!

Post by Jake from State Farm Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:17 pm

Welp, I just learned from our esteemed Congressman Moolenar that pistol braces should be protected under the 2nd Amendment. In case you don't know what a pistol brace is:
What is the purpose of a pistol brace?
Stabilizing braces, also known as pistol braces or SIG braces, are accessories that attach to the back of a gun and strap to the forearm, anchoring and lengthening the weapon and allowing the shooter to shoot one-handed more easily.

Or in other words, it turns your pistol into a short barrelled rifle. Add in a Glock switch and you've got a one handed automatic rifle. Yay for the 2nd Amendment.

House approves pistol brace legislation that was at the center of conservative revolt

The House approved a resolution related to pistol braces Tuesday, legislation that was at the center of the floor revolt conservatives staged last week that paused business in the chamber for days.

The measure, introduced by Rep. Andrew Clyde (R-Ga.), calls for blocking the Biden administration’s rule that would reclassify pistols with stabilizing braces as short-barreled rifles. The rule would also require that individuals who have pistols with stabilizing braces register them with the government by May 31, 2023.

The chamber approved the legislation in a largely party-line, 219-210 vote, sending it to the Senate for consideration. Even if it does clear the upper chamber, the White House has said that President Biden would veto it.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Just another day in paradise - Ban Guns!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Just another day in paradise - Ban Guns!

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:07 pm

Illinois Man Accidentally Shoots Himself While Dreaming

An Illinois man is facing two felony gun possession counts after accidentally shooting himself in the leg while dreaming he was the victim of a break-in.

Just another day in paradise - Ban Guns!  - Page 2 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Robert J Sakimano, DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:13 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:Come on libtards, the blacks and the skirts shouldn't be able to vote, just ask the perfect and always right dead for 200+ years founding fathers.

The founding fathers left it to the states to decide.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:58 am

Just another day in paradise - Ban Guns!  - Page 2 Scree161

https://www.axios.com/2023/06/15/suicides-homicides-among-youths-high

Gun deaths jumped 50% among children and teens under 18 between 2019 and 2021, per a Pew Research Center analysis of separate CDC data.

In 2021, suicides accounted for more than half of U.S. gun deaths and over 80% of murders involved a firearm.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:46 am

TravelinMan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I am.

You're anti abortion?

A sack of cells is not independently alive.  Religiously before 1868 it wasn't considered alive before quickening. Back when Jesus was (allegedly) alive it wasn't considered "alive" until it was breathing independently.

So today's anti-abortion zealots are full of shit with their definitions of life.

There is some question, well not much but for those few who don't get it I put that in, about the motives of the anti-abortion zealots. Most rational people understand the issue isn't abortion at all, it is all about males dominating females.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:10 am

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

You are kidding, right?

Absolutely.

Anyone who thinks a gun is going to protect them from the power of the government is an idiot.

The only protection we have is one I have never seen you fighting for, universal voting rights and fair districting.

Anyone who is registered and can pony up a valid ID should be allowed to vote.  

I don't really know much or understand districting.  I'll leave that to others to champion.

Your lack of interest in districting means you don't understand that in gerrymandered states, which is most of them, the party with the power to set the districts is choosing its voters, insuring that they maintain their majorities.

In the past election the Rebs won the majority because a crooked judge in NY overturned the districts that the Dems in control of the State set up. The NY gerrymandering was to offset the gerrymandering in all the Red states.

This is a really big, and I mean Constitutionally big, deal.  If districting was done like California, Michigan and a handful of other states do it we would have a US House which reflected the popular voting, rather than on which where the Dems have to win the popular vote by between 5% to 10% more than the Rebs in order to have a majority.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:14 am

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

You're anti abortion?

A sack of cells is not independently alive.  Religiously before 1868 it wasn't considered alive before quickening. Back when Jesus was (allegedly) alive it wasn't considered "alive" until it was breathing independently.

So today's anti-abortion zealots are full of shit with their definitions of life.

There is some question, well not much but for those few who don't get it I put that in, about the motives of the anti-abortion zealots. Most rational people understand the issue isn't abortion at all, it is all about males dominating females.

I'm about as pro-choice as it gets, so you're preaching to the choir here. Hell, I think you should be able to get an abortion up until the fetus is about 2 years old.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:15 am

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

Anyone who is registered and can pony up a valid ID should be allowed to vote.  

I don't really know much or understand districting.  I'll leave that to others to champion.

Your lack of interest in districting means you don't understand that in gerrymandered states, which is most of them, the party with the power to set the districts is choosing its voters, insuring that they maintain their majorities.

In the past election the Rebs won the majority because a crooked judge in NY overturned the districts that the Dems in control of the State set up. The NY gerrymandering was to offset the gerrymandering in all the Red states.

This is a really big, and I mean Constitutionally big, deal.  If districting was done like California, Michigan and a handful of other states do it we would have a US House which reflected the popular voting, rather than on which where the Dems have to win the popular vote by between 5% to 10% more than the Rebs in order to have a majority.

I know what it is, it's just not a topic I choose to follow closely. It's just more partisan bickering. I only have time in the day for so much, ya know?
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:34 am

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I'm about as pro-choice as it gets, so you're preaching to the choir here. Hell, I think you should be able to get an abortion up until the fetus is about 2 years old.

I think you are actually being serious here
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

TravelinMan and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:59 am

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

There is a well know Libertarian philosophor who advocates that children and parents should chose each other, seems somewhat in line with your thought.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:31 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

There is a well know Libertarian philosophor who advocates that children and parents should chose each other, seems somewhat in line with your thought.

I've read Bredo's views on having children. They cost money that he could be spending on himself. But he's not a narcissist.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

TravelinMan, DWags, Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:53 pm

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I know what it is, it's just not a topic I choose to follow closely. It's just more partisan bickering. I only have time in the day for so much, ya know?

That depends on if you believe is self governance or not.

If you don't give a fuck about how this country is run then you are probably okay with your ignorance.

If you do want it run a particular way then either you are all in on this authoritative situation or you should be fighting like all getout to change it.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:06 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/18/us/illinois-juneteenth-shooting/index.html
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:41 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

If you don't give a fuck about how this country is run then you are probably okay with your ignorance.

If you do want it run a particular way then either you are all in on this authoritative situation or you should be fighting like all getout to change it.

Eh. I feel like you’ve got a good handle on it. I trust you.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:05 pm

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

My position will always be more democracy, fairness, as long as everyone is playing by the same rules. Right now with 50 states we have 50 sets of rules.

The only solution I see is enough votes in the US Congress to set up a fair set of rules, which the Dems tried in the 117th Congress but was blocked by Manchin & Sinema.

So you, trusting me, will be voting only for Dems for Congress, Senate & President from now on, until they pass a fair voting rights & districting law.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:14 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

My position will always be more democracy, fairness, as long as everyone is playing by the same rules. Right now with 50 states we have 50 sets of rules.

The only solution I see is enough votes in the US Congress to set up a fair set of rules, which the Dems tried in the 117th Congress but was blocked by Manchin & Sinema.

So you, trusting me, will be voting only for Dems for Congress, Senate & President from now on, until they pass a fair voting rights & districting law.

That’s probable as things stand now. We’ll see how it shakes out in the end.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:36 am

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

My position will always be more democracy, fairness, as long as everyone is playing by the same rules.  Right now with 50 states we have 50 sets of rules.

That’s probable as things stand now.  We’ll see how it shakes out in the end.

Since the gerrymandering is strongly favoring the Republicans, they will not change.  Rightly or wrongly, they believe they would lose if they didn't have it, while the Democratics, rightly or wrongly, but at least idealistically for the good of the country, are strongly for the types of districting that Michigan put in place and for the facilitating of the voting of as many citizens as possible.

Based on the voting for the amendments to the Michigan Constitution that did this the population as a whole strongly agrees, which btw the Republicans don't care about.

https://apnews.com/article/mass-shootings-us-weekend-3c8cc1562a78abb0ce5f302afa600ea2
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:20 am

My son was working land surveying in southwest Oregon. Apparently there was a homeless encampment nearby and one of the loonies started shooting at him. The guy missed him but kept shooting even after he yelled at the guy to make his presence known. The guy said you're on private property, he wasn't. Son called the cops and they came out and found the guy and arrested him. He claims he was shooting at a mountain lion. I've never heard of talking mountain lions, perhaps the guy was too far gone, or perhaps he just didn't want anyone messing with his homeless encampment. Son typically works out in the middle of nowhere surveying by himself and has never had any issues. He said eff it and is taking two weeks off to rethink his line of work.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:25 am

Jake from State Farm wrote:My son was working land surveying in southwest Oregon. Apparently there was a homeless encampment nearby and one of the loonies started shooting at him. The guy missed him but kept shooting even after he yelled at the guy to make his presence known. The guy said you're on private property, he wasn't. Son called the cops and they came out and found the guy and arrested him. He claims he was shooting at a mountain lion. I've never heard of talking mountain lions, perhaps the guy was too far gone, or perhaps he just didn't want anyone messing with his homeless encampment. Son typically works out in the middle of nowhere surveying by himself and has never had any issues. He said eff it and is taking two weeks off to rethink his line of work.

Sounds horrible, however I'm hoping your son is wise enough to see that two guns in that situation wouldn't make things better.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:33 am

Trapper Gus wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:My son was working land surveying in southwest Oregon. Apparently there was a homeless encampment nearby and one of the loonies started shooting at him. The guy missed him but kept shooting even after he yelled at the guy to make his presence known. The guy said you're on private property, he wasn't. Son called the cops and they came out and found the guy and arrested him. He claims he was shooting at a mountain lion. I've never heard of talking mountain lions, perhaps the guy was too far gone, or perhaps he just didn't want anyone messing with his homeless encampment. Son typically works out in the middle of nowhere surveying by himself and has never had any issues. He said eff it and is taking two weeks off to rethink his line of work.

Sounds horrible, however I'm hoping your son is wise enough to see that two guns in that situation wouldn't make things better.

Yeah, he doesn't carry guns and got rid of his after the Sandy Hook shootings made him thoroughly disgusted with them.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:57 am

That's awful and I'm glad your son is safe.

The homeless and mental illness are becoming huge problems in this country.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:19 am

TravelinMan wrote:

Man, it's almost like there's a need for professionals at all levels amd age groups to explore, learn, study, review, and treat the varying forms of mental illnes.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Jake from State Farm likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:27 am

kingstonlake wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

Man, it's almost like there's a need for professionals at all levels amd age groups to explore, learn, study, review, and treat the varying forms of mental illnes.

Oh most definitely there are needs. No question.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:33 am

kingstonlake wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

The market will fix it Kingston
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:36 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

The market will fix it Kingston

Damn it, I keep forgetting. scratch
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:42 am

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/crime/2023/06/19/multiple-people-shot-near-milwaukee-juneteenth-celebration-location/70336159007/
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:11 am

The proposed 28th Amendment wouldn’t repeal the Second Amendment, but would add four safeguards supported by majorities of registered voters, in some cases massive majorities: mandatory universal background checks, a minimum purchase age of 21, a reasonable waiting period, and a ban on civilian purchases of assault weapons. Studies suggest such national standards would reduce suicides, homicides, and gun trafficking. Congress, states, and localities could add more restrictions under the amendment if they wanted.

Most constitutional amendment gambits are folly. But Newsom’s proposal is serious, and so is he.

https://plus.thebulwark.com/p/gavin-newsom-is-having-a-moment

If it were me, and not a practical politician, I would reduce all guns to single shot before reloading.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:53 am

https://apnews.com/article/uber-murder-driver-shot-kidnapping-mexico-5ab60092bb0a3710090b7186723adf88
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:23 am

Trapper Gus wrote:
The proposed 28th Amendment wouldn’t repeal the Second Amendment, but would add four safeguards supported by majorities of registered voters, in some cases massive majorities: mandatory universal background checks, a minimum purchase age of 21, a reasonable waiting period, and a ban on civilian purchases of assault weapons. Studies suggest such national standards would reduce suicides, homicides, and gun trafficking. Congress, states, and localities could add more restrictions under the amendment if they wanted.

Most constitutional amendment gambits are folly. But Newsom’s proposal is serious, and so is he.

If it were me, and not a practical politician, I would reduce all guns to single shot before reloading.

And that's the problem with the national gun debate at the moment.

I read Newsom's proposal and thought it was pretty reasonable. I don't know if we really need to do it as a full on amendment or not, but the basics were pretty sound. I could totally support that.

Then some yahoo wades in and starts yapping about single shot guns and I kind of shut the whole thing down and stopped caring.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:18 pm

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

And that's the problem with the national gun debate at the moment.

I read Newsom's proposal and thought it was pretty reasonable. I don't know if we really need to do it as a full on amendment or not, but the basics were pretty sound. I could totally support that.

Then some yahoo wades in and starts yapping about single shot guns and I kind of shut the whole thing down and stopped caring.

Sounds to me like you are looking for a reason not to care. Just because there are people with opinions doesn't negate ideas that you are okay with.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:45 pm

Another shoot em up. This time in south Lansing. Nobody dead, 5 or shot. According to the comments it's Governor Whitmer's fault because she's letting the Chinese build a battery factory in Michigan.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:54 pm

Jake from State Farm wrote:Another shoot em up. This time in south Lansing. Nobody dead, 5 or shot. According to the comments it's Governor Whitmer's fault because she's letting the Chinese build a battery factory in Michigan.

I know they don't make sense but that is silly.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:09 pm

https://news.yahoo.com/multiple-people-shot-philadelphia-suspect-021159729.html
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:00 am

https://apnews.com/article/new-york-city-scooter-shooting-b968fa4bb533d260bb7864078235c886

Ban Guns!
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:20 am

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-66151247

How these attacks go down without guns...

If China allowed the unlimited sales of AR-15's the number of deaths would be far higher.

Ban Guns!
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:45 am

https://apnews.com/article/mass-killings-record-gun-violence-0174103c37756fe4d247fd15cd3bc009

Ban Guns! NOW!
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:32 am

As the world realigns in the post-Cold War era, our cultural influence is a key factor that will help to determine whether we can build a new international system aligned with American interests. We need to use every resource we can to give our soft power a boost, including state support — something for which there is plenty of precedent in diplomatic history and U.S. policy.

https://thehill.com/opinion/international/4103124-cultural-diplomacy-is-an-essential-us-strategy/

The shooting in New Zealand and this article caused mw to wonder if banning guns hasn't become a foreign policy necessity? What country is going to look to the United States as a leaders while we allow such a high rate of murders for no real reason?

Ban Guns! Now!
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:15 am

Are 2nd enthusiasts finally waning in their numbers?

https://michiganadvance.com/2023/07/20/sparse-turnout-for-gun-rights-rally-with-kyle-rittenhouse-after-michigan-gun-reform-laws-signed/

One can only hope and pray this is happening.

Ban Guns!
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:56 am

https://apnews.com/article/lansing-michigan-shooting-five-injured-cd472ec745a11b1a38f112cc84ad137a

Ban Guns!

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/30/us/politics/nra-congress-firearms.html?smid=url-share

Here is some supposed in depth reporting on how the 2nd Amendment was repurposed by members of both parties. May their souls rot.

Ban Guns!
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:22 pm

The Oklahoma City shooting was the country’s 33rd mass killing of 2023, in which four or more people were killed, not including the assailant, within a 24-hour period, according to a database maintained by The Associated Press and USA Today in partnership with Northeastern University as of Aug. 17.

So far this year, the nation has witnessed the highest number on record of mass killings and deaths to this point in a single year. According to the database, there have been more than 560 mass killings since 2006, in which at least 2,900 people died and at least 2,000 were injured.

To be accurate, two of these 2023 mass murders did not involve a gun...

https://apnews.com/article/mass-shootings-list-us-killings-64c0720330d0c2953e997f9985e1ad95

Ban Guns!
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next