Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Green & White vintage style Michigan license plate now available?!!!?

+6
The Pantry
Turtleneck
Travis of the Cosmos
Nordic
Motown Spartan
tGreenWay
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Green & White vintage style Michigan license plate now available?!!!? Empty Green & White vintage style Michigan license plate now available?!!!?

Post by tGreenWay Fri 23 Jun 2023 - 21:31

Walking the dog in the neighborhood this evening and I saw a green with white lettering Michigan license plate. I didn’t know these were being made available (not yet, anyway), so I searched for an announcement from the SoS, which produced nothing. Then I went on the SoS website and checked plate availability, and again, nothing there in the Winter Water Wonderland section except one in dark blue and yellow. I don’t know, I guess the state honored the Cub Scouts or something decades ago.
What I’m curious is… did we here at tSwill just break news that will make the overwhelming majority of Michigan residents and millions more nation- and worldwide extraordinarily happy?
Let’s find out!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Green & White vintage style Michigan license plate now available?!!!? Empty Re: Green & White vintage style Michigan license plate now available?!!!?

Post by Motown Spartan Fri 23 Jun 2023 - 22:05

Top ten thread all time for sure.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Green & White vintage style Michigan license plate now available?!!!? Empty Re: Green & White vintage style Michigan license plate now available?!!!?

Post by Nordic Fri 23 Jun 2023 - 22:55

Motown Spartan wrote:Top ten thread all time for sure.

Thread does not deliver.

At least not yet...
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 23 Jun 2023 - 23:08

Nordic wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:Top ten thread all time for sure.

Thread does not deliver.

At least not yet...
Green & White vintage style Michigan license plate now available?!!!? 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5s8jqt0rkworaqk03atphg1glssojug5ne4gsi5tz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 23 Jun 2023 - 23:51

Green & White vintage style Michigan license plate now available?!!!? Img_1811
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 23 Jun 2023 - 23:53

Not sure why it’s on its side, but it will do for a first time pic posting.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 23 Jun 2023 - 23:54

Top Ten thread, ya scurvy wankers! Green & White vintage style Michigan license plate now available?!!!? 2275418548
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri 23 Jun 2023 - 23:55

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Thread does not deliver.

At least not yet...
Green & White vintage style Michigan license plate now available?!!!? 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5s8jqt0rkworaqk03atphg1glssojug5ne4gsi5tz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200

I gave two full days of effort. I believe I've paid off my debt.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 0:04

Nordic wrote:

I gave two full days of effort. I believe I've paid off my debt.

WTF?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 0:21

Wash your car, GreenWay.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 0:24

Sorry, my Miata was being detailed.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Jake from State Farm likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 0:26

I’m wondering if somebody painted over a blue and yellow Cub Scout plate.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 9:29

The green doesn’t match the jerseys.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry, tGreenWay, DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 10:24

Motown Spartan wrote:The green doesn’t match the jerseys.

I get the impression this was just a reason for GreenWay to tell us he drives a Dodge Journey, which is a super strange flex.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Motown Spartan and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 14:00

Due to have my tab renewed. Checked online and there's no option for the green & white plate, with the green that doesn't match the jerseys.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 14:03

On a semi-related note, I renewed my plates this year for 2 years. Haven’t had that option before.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 15:01

Motown Spartan wrote:On a semi-related note, I renewed my plates this year for 2 years. Haven’t had that option before.
Saw that option. Turning 64 next month with 3 stents, I'm not paying anything forward Green & White vintage style Michigan license plate now available?!!!? 502811600
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Motown Spartan and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 15:15

The Pantry wrote:Due to have my tab renewed. Checked online and there's no option for the green & white plate, with the green that doesn't match the jerseys.

Maybe it’s not a vintage-style plate. Maybe it’s the real deal plate from whatever year(s) it was issued. Although, when I looked back at the history of MI plates, the green one had yellow numbers/letters.
Whatever, I sent it to a couple reporter friends and they hadn’t heard of a new plate, either. I think this plate was altered.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 15:16

I was in the SOS office on Friday. They have all the plates hanging on the wall. The green and white was not present.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

The Pantry, tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 15:17

Turtleneck wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:The green doesn’t match the jerseys.

I get the impression this was just a reason for GreenWay to tell us he drives a Dodge Journey, which is a super strange flex.

I’d make another Miata wisecrack, but somebody got offended. Green & White vintage style Michigan license plate now available?!!!? 502811600

Let’s just say that Dodge is my hooptie.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 15:40

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Due to have my tab renewed. Checked online and there's no option for the green & white plate, with the green that doesn't match the jerseys.

Maybe it’s not a vintage-style plate. Maybe it’s the real deal plate from whatever year(s) it was issued. Although, when I looked back at the history of MI plates, the green one had yellow numbers/letters.
Whatever, I sent it to a couple reporter friends and they hadn’t heard of a new plate, either. I think this plate was altered.
If altered, was well done...except for the poor choice of green. Wonder what cops think when they see it?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 15:47

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

If altered, was well done...except for the poor choice of green. Wonder what cops think when they see it?
tGreenWay wrote:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:1963_Michigan_license_plate.jpg
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 16:01

Turtleneck wrote:
The Pantry wrote:If altered, was well done...except for the poor choice of green. Wonder what cops think when they see it?
tGreenWay wrote:

This has to be one of the most embarrassing threads posted on the internet
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 16:08

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

If altered, was well done...except for the poor choice of green.  Wonder what cops think when they see it?  

I mean, I guess it could be a test plate to see if police agencies can see it in the dark. Maybe people from MSP, DoT, SoS, or any other of a number of departments are trying it out. IDK. Or maybe it’s meant to drum up and test interest.
As for the color of the green, remember it’s supposed to be vintage-style plate, which would mean it’s supposed to match a previously used green plate. If you want a true MSU plate, you’ll still need to get the one with the Spartan head.
If the plate was painted over, the owner will probably be fined and forced to replace the forgery. Too bad.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 16:11

Nordic wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Keep looking. A green with yellow is on there. And the 62 plate I bought on eBay was white with green and could be used again in ‘63.
Now go back to being nice to me. Your debt is not paid.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 16:12

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
If altered, was well done...except for the poor choice of green.  Wonder what cops think when they see it?  

I mean, I guess it could be a test plate to see if police agencies can see it in the dark. Maybe people from MSP, DoT, SoS, or any other of a number of departments are trying it out. IDK. Or maybe it’s meant to drum up and test interest.
As for the color of the green, remember it’s supposed to be vintage-style plate, which would mean it’s supposed to match a previously used green plate. If you want a true MSU plate, you’ll still need to get the one with the Spartan head.
If the plate was painted over, the owner will probably be fined and forced to replace the forgery. Too bad.

Keep spinning your web of lies
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 16:13

tGreenWay wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Keep looking. A green with yellow is on there. And the 62 plate I bought on eBay was white with green and could be used again in ‘63.
Now go back to being nice to me. Your debt is not paid.

I saw the green & yellow. It reminded me this is an NMU Wildcats board, too!
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 16:13

Nordic wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Keep spinning your web of lies

What was the bet you lost?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 16:14

Nordic wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I hate it here
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 16:15

For fucks sakes guys. I have only so many more words I can read before I die. Please stop posting this shit.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos, tGreenWay, AvgMSUJoe, Turtleneck, MSU addict, Nordic and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 16:19

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

I have the S one still. I can’t wait until geeenway sees my car in the parking lot and his mind is blown that you can get that instead of the Spartan head
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 16:23

tGreenWay wrote:

I have the S one still. I can’t wait until geeenway sees my car in the parking lot and his mind is blown that you can get that instead of the Spartan head

GreenWay knows nothing about getting head, Travis. Please do not horny post. Thank you.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 16:24

tGreenWay wrote:

Stop being such a fucking cheapskate and pony up for the Spartan head plate ya damn tightwad.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 16:29

tGreenWay wrote:

Stop being such a fucking cheapskate and pony up for the Spartan head plate ya damn tightwad.  
It’s not that so much as I usually forget to pay my registration until the day before my birthday so I go in and do it as quickly as possible before I forget and get a late fee
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 16:32

Suck it, Nordy.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 16:33

tGreenWay wrote:

It’s not that so much as I usually forget to pay my registration until the day before my birthday so I go in and do it as quickly as possible before I forget and get a late fee

Riiiiight. This is why MSU FB loses all the top recruits. You won’t pay up to help the team. Fucking tightwad.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 16:35

tGreenWay wrote:

Riiiiight. This is why MSU FB loses all the top recruits. You won’t pay up to help the team. Fucking tightwad.

The better answer is they read your threads.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 16:41

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

The better answer is they read your threads.

Another tightwad heard from.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 16:44

Kiss and make up.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 16:45

tGreenWay wrote:

Part of my role in recruiting is training to ensure that I remain as tight as possible
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next