Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hands free day

+3
Travis of the Cosmos
Trapper Gus
DWags
7 posters

Go down

Hands free day  Empty Hands free day

Post by DWags Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:24 am

Be careful.  I’m pretty good about voice to text, and mounting my phone in my truck. But if anybody has a tendency to grab their phone in the car, I’m guessing for the next month police are really going to stress this law.

Last edited by DWags on Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Hands free day  Empty Re: Hands free day

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:43 am

DWags wrote:Be careful. I’m pretty good about voice to text, and mounting my phone in my truck. But if anybody has a tendency to grab their phone in the car, I’m guessing for the next month place or really going to stress this law.

Can you still do hands free text & phone? Some of the articles were not clear on this.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:09 am

Trapper Gus wrote:
DWags wrote:Be careful. I’m pretty good about voice to text, and mounting my phone in my truck. But if anybody has a tendency to grab their phone in the car, I’m guessing for the next month police are really going to stress this law.

Can you still do hands free text & phone? Some of the articles were not clear on this.

Just going to stress phone out of hand according to a state cop on the stoney show yesterday.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:12 am

DWags wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Just going to stress phone out of hand according to a state cop on the stoney show yesterday.

Thanks - this article suggests hand's free is okay, but the wording isn't 100% clear.

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2023/06/michigans-new-distracted-driving-crackdown-begins-what-to-know.html
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:15 am

Even at stop signs and reds which is kinda silly if you ask me. While driving is fine, I don’t use my phone then, but the only thing that happens from people looking at their phones at stop lights is the occasional 1.7 second delay in going when it turns green. 

Also we need Voice to Swill technology on this board now
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:29 am

They're enforcing phones in the hands at red lights? What is the safety concern? I'd have too many tickets. I don't text and drive and I use hands free while talking, but I pick my phone up while waiting for a green light. Nothing is enforced in S. Florida though. I should start posting videos from my dashcam of all the stupid shit I see.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:39 am

Short of a cop dressed as a panhandler handing out tickets to people I don’t know how enforceable that really will be. Don’t do it if a cop is next to you, otherwise whatever. But technically it’s against the law now.

I’ll use voice to text to send gibberish to my wife or friends, but if my boss texts me, yeah I’m going to use my fingers at a red light to make sure I don’t accidentally send “I sent you that report a week ago you fucking idiot” and I don’t want to have to wait to do that until I get to my appointment at 2 pm on a Wednesday at the sketchy Thai massage place. Red lights are a safe, time efficient time to do that.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:47 am

Saw “Hands free day” title and thought it was about being the master of your domain.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:09 am

This is just an excuse to pull anyone over they want and they can just say they saw phone.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Dendrobates, DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:19 am

aualum06 wrote:This is just an excuse to pull anyone over they want and they can just say they saw phone.
They already can to that for the broken taillight that they will give you

But I think this one is a good law, if it get the phone out of the drivers hands. Mrs Fairway doesn't like me using hands free to call, but she changes radio stations when she drives about a million times more than I touch anything on my dash.

The other change that is coming, if it passes is the camera speeding tickets in work zones - the state could get rich on that one.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:49 am

Wally Fairway wrote:
aualum06 wrote:This is just an excuse to pull anyone over they want and they can just say they saw phone.

But I think this one is a good law, if it get the phone out of the drivers hands. Mrs Fairway doesn't like me using hands free to call, but she changes radio stations when she drives about a million times more than I touch anything on my dash.

The other change that is coming, if it passes is the camera speeding tickets in work zones - the state could get rich on that one.

I live in Harrison Twp. There is a main vein road called Crocker that goes from Jefferson up into Mt. Clemens and meets Gratiot. Half way on it you go under I-94. Going west on it today, Macomb sheriffs were sitting at an angle hidden by the Bridge, and yep, they were looking to bust cell phone users. I know the two deputies. They absolutely don't have "quotas" but they also have orders to make people aware of the new law.

It is a good law. A d because so many people think its' a good law, police agencies around the state will be enforcing it strongly, in my opinion for the next 4-5 weeks to just let people know it's there.

Be careful.... and safe.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:56 am

Wally Fairway wrote:

It's a lot easier to argue you didn't have a broken tail light then not being on your phone though. Camera for speeding will someday be a thing everywhere and it will be a gold mine.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down